Puppy Love ||OHSHC||

By Fizze_Frog

Mathieu Nanase quietly transfer's to Ouran Private Academy with his service dog Tadeo after his mother's sudd... More

Character Description
First Note
Chapitre Un
Chapitre Deux
Chapitre Trois
Chapitre Quatre
Chapitre Cinq
Chapitre Six
Chapitre Sept
Chapitre Huit
Chapitre Dix
Chapitre Onze
Chapitre Douze
Chapitre Treize
Chapitre Quatorze
Chapitre Quinze
Chapitre Seize
Chapitre Dix-Sept
Chapitre Dix-Huit
Chapitre Dix-Neuf
Chapitre Vingt
Chapitre Vingt et Un
Chapitre Vingt Deux
Chapitre Vingt Trois
Chapitre Vingt Quatre
Chapite Vignt Cinq
Chapitre Vingt Six
Chapitre Vingt Sept
Chapitre Vingt Huit
Author's Note

Chapitre Neuf

767 33 7
By Fizze_Frog

I arrived at school the following Friday. My uncle had come home early from his trip drunk as a skunk on Sunday. He had also found out that I had left the house during his time away and was not happy with me. This resulted in a gruesome punishment.

Instead of going to the hospital, I was forced to stay home while I rested and was carefully watched by house staff and our private doctor. 

I was still very stiff and achy. My back was almost black and blue from being tossed around and being thrown down the stairs.

When I arrived at lunch I found that we had a new manager, some girl named Renge. I walk into the lunchroom to find the twins with dyed hair and the two of them throwing things at each other, while a spaced-out soup-covered Tamaki sat at the table between them.

"Hikaru? Kaoru? What's going on with you two? Why are you fighting?" I interrogated. 

"Bud out Mathieu. Mind your own business!" They snapped at me, catching me off guard.

"Oh, okay," I spoke softly. I grabbed my lunch and went to the club room to eat. 

I didn't want to overstep if it wasn't my place. I fed Tadeo his lunch and ate mine in silence. Was I starting to bother them? Maybe I was being too pushy or annoying? I hardly know them after all. 

I took a deep breath after I finished my lunch. I walked back into the lunchroom to put my tray on the conveyor belt and started my way back to my classroom.

I fought the urge to wince in pain when I was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders in the middle of the hallway.

"We're sorry Mattie! Please let us explain!" The two identical voices exclaimed frantically.

"It's okay, really, it wasn't my place, I'm sorry if I overstepped any of your boundaries," I apologized, peeling them off of me.

"We were only acting. Oh, by the way, where were you all week?" Hikaru questioned.

"Yeah, it was like you disappeared off the face of the earth, we were really worried!" Kaoru explained.

"Oh right, about that, I wasn't really feeling well so I slept a lot. My uncle wasn't feeling well when he came home from Aruba so he must've given me his cold," I shrugged sheepishly.

Kaoru gave me a skeptical look. Before he could say anything the intercom beeped loudly indicating an incoming announcement.

"Would Mathieu Nanase report to the Chairman's office, I repeat, Mathieu Nanase to the Chairman's office," The lady over the intercom said. 

I let out a soft sigh. "I guess that's me. Anyway, I wish you luck with whatever you're planning," I smiled, before turning and heading to the chairman's office.

I knocked on the door quietly and it opened for me. "Hello, Mathieu, Please come and have a seat?" Beckoned Chairman Suoh, who was sitting next to an assistant and a man with a white lab coat. "This is one of my family's private doctors, he's just going to give you a quick check-up and ask you some questions," Chairman Suoh stated. 

"Why? Was there something wrong with my physical exam?" I asked nervously. 

Damn it Kyoya. Him and his big nose. He really is like Gretchen Wieners.

"No, we just wanted to check in and see how you were doing, with your illness and all. I know it can sometimes cause nasty spills so we just want to make sure everything looks okay," He reassured me.

I sighed and I was taken to a private room somewhere else in the school. I took off my tops and set them down on the chair. I heard both the doctor and Chairman Suoh suck in a tight breath when they saw my back.

"It looks bad now, but I promise it's not as bad as it looks. I had a cataplexy spell and collapsed at the top of the stairs the other morning," I chuckled sheepishly, trying not to hiss in pain as the doctor started to poke and proud.

"Do you normally have big spills like this?" The doctor asked.

"Not usually, but it happens," I answered somewhat honestly.

"Do you feel safe at home?" The doctor asked casually.

"Yes," I said flatly.

"I promise you, this is a safe space. Whatever you say here stays here. You're free to tell us if anything at home or at school is bothering you," Chairman Suoh said. 

"Everything is good. I promise," I lied.

"Is there anything you need me to do to make this visit better for you?" The doctor inquired. 

I shook my head, swallowing thickly. My throat was thick and my chest was tight. 

"I think we're done here. Thank you for visiting with me Mr. Nanase. I hope you have a good day," The doctor smiled, letting me put my tops back on.

"If there's anything you need just say the word, Mathieu," Chairman Suoh told me on my way out. 

"Thank you, sir," I smiled.

I started to make my way to my afternoon class when I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned seeing my Uncle in the main lobby.

"Hello Uncle, is everything okay?" I question hesitantly.

"You tell me. I was called here for a meeting with the chairman. Should I be worried?" He asked lowly, his face stern. 

"No sir," I answered quietly.

"Good," He replied, before turning and walking in the direction of the chairman's office.

After class, I started to make my way to the front of the school. I was dreading going home. God only knows what would be angrily waiting for me at home.

"Hey, Mathieu! Wait up!" I heard Tamaki call from behind me.

I stopped and turned to wait for him. Tadeo started to wag his tail as Tamaki got closer.

"Where are you going? Club starts in a couple of minutes," Tamaki questioned.

"My uncle told me yesterday that he wants me to come straight home today. He wanted to go over a few things or something," I fibbed.

"Oh, my dad didn't tell you?" He responded with the tilt of his head.

"Tell me what?" I asked hesitantly.

"He spoke with your Uncle earlier today and he said it was okay that you stayed over at our estate this weekend!" Tamaki grinned, hooking his arm with mine.

"Oh?" I stammered.

I was spaced out for most of club time. I think the twins had tricked Haruhi into letting them go to her house? But I'm not sure.

I jumped when I felt Tadeo put his head in my lap, looking up at me expectantly. "Hey Tadeo," I smiled softly, scratching behind his ears. He started to kick his leg and wag his tail.

"Can we play with Tadeo?" Honey asked.

"Sure. Tadeo, Libérer," I said. Tadeo pulled away from me and followed Honey.

After club time, Tamaki accompanied me to my estate so I could grab some clothes. I was thankful that my uncle was no where in sight.

"So, why is your uncle so strict? If you don't mind me asking?" Tamaki asked.

"Well, ever since my mom died, everyone has been just really protective of me. She was the only one who really knew how to take care of my disability so... That's my best guest," I stated, getting into the limo with my bag. 

Tadeo got in after me and laid down on the floor between Tamaki and I. We arrived at the estate and settled in the theater room.

We both settled into one of the bigger recliners. Tamaki threw the blanket it out over our legs and put his arm around my shoulders, making the butterflies in my stomach fly about. 

"How about a romance movie? I've heard they've come out with some good ones recently," He suggested. I only nodded, not trusting myself to speak. Tadeo walked over and licked my hand as a soft alert.

"Good boy, Tadeo," I praised softly, petting his head. I let myself lean back slightly and my head fell to the left slightly, making me lean against Tamaki slightly.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Just a minute," I slurred slightly, trying to keep focus. 

"Gotcha," Tamaki said in understanding as he saw Tadeo looking at me expectedly. 

"Sorry," I murmured once I was able to lift my head off of his shoulder.

Tamaki gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze and started a movie I didn't know the name of. It was about a book of some sort.

We watched the movie in a comfortable silence, with the occasional comment or giggle. 

"Mathieu?" Tamaki questioned in the middle of the movie.

"Yeah?" I responded, turning my head to look up at him. I was slightly shock to see his face a mere few inches from mine.

"Do you think that we'd ever get to experience romance like that in our life time?" Tamaki asked softly, his eyes darted to my lips and back up to my eyes. 

"I... I'm not sure," I answered honestly, turning my gaze back to the screen. My heart felt like it was about to burst out of my chest and I could feel the heat in my ears.

"I'm curious, so, do you like girls? Or are you more into guys? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out your type?" Tamaki said honestly, a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'm not really in the dating scene, Tamaki. People don't like people like me," I explained gently, fidgeting with my hands. I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my face.

"You said people, does that mean you like both?" He questioned deviously.

"I'm more of a personality person, I guess," I murmured.

"Interesting," He chirped, moving his attention back to the movie. 

Maybe I'm getting over my head, but, I think I'm falling for him. 

Word Count: 1599

Libérer - Release

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 329 49
A slow-burn romance fanfic in where: The new student of Ouran Academy, (Y/N), finds out about the infamous Host Club after an awkward run-in with the...
207K 6.7K 34
Tokimatsu Kazumi didn't have many friends at Ouran. As a Third Year, she didn't care about the majority of the things the other girls fawned about...
205K 6.8K 37
Amarante, or if you go by her Japanese name, Katashi, is Tamaki's fraternal twin sister. After two years of no contact, her grandmother sends her to...
30.3K 1K 34
As you all know that Ouran Academy is a school for the rich and beautiful. Unless you are like Haruhi who is an intelligent, crossdressing commoner...