Breaking the Curse

By CharlieSink_

An innocent night while playing carnival games takes a tragic turn for a group of friends in Lakewood, the Pe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 35

1 1 0
By CharlieSink_

Aranya Achara AKA Oung Sovan Liny "Point of View"

"So. V are your parents okay?" I asked, looking up at the table. Every single one of us looked rough, and I, I looked worst.

Miles, Sabastian, V, Ellis, and V's older brother Jackson all had bags under their eyes from lack of sleep and they all looked lost in thought and didn't speak a word to each other. me, on the other hand, looked like that too. But I had cuts and bruises on my face and all over my body, which I tried to hide.

"Um. They're okay. Just a fender bender." V said, not looking up from the assignment in front of her. They sat for a moment in silence, and then I saw it. A note-passing around from each person in the group except for me. I didn't have the energy to read their minds, so instead I tried to make out the note. Miles's house at 4. Liny CANNOT come. We need to discuss Alice.

Alice. Of course. I look up at the group and begin to leave, the bells going to ring. "liny?" Sabastian calls out.

"What?" I respond, "What happened to your leg?" He asks. I look down and stare in shock. My dress went up a little, exposing the huge slice I got from the Banshee.

"N-nothing. It's always been there." I begin to walk out as Miles grabs my hand, and pulls off the bandage on my arm, revealing a huge bruise where the Witch hit me.

"I'm sorry but- what the hell," Miles said eyeing my cuts. "Holy mother of god," Ellis adds.

"Look, it's really none of your business, but I got into a fight, and believe it or not I won," I responded, walking off.

THE BROTHER'S HOUSE - 4 PM - EVENING

I walked behind the Brother's house, careful not to make any loud noises. I watched as one by one, kids entered the house. First, it was V and her older brother, then Micheal, and Adeline.

 Maybe I should go in. Pretend to be a friend. But my thoughts were interrupted by something quite shocking. Adults started to come in. First in was Margaret Dominic, Sabastian's mother, what is she doing here, then the former Captain of Lakewood Police Station, Captain Jack, and the last one is a guy in a black suit and black sunglasses, I didn't recognize him from the files. What's going on here?

I began to sneak towards the window, trying to hear as best as I can. "So let me get this straight, Sabastian had the feeling again, and he saw that Alice is still alive. That's why we're here? It doesn't seem like something we should investigate to me, I mean she's dead, period" Micheal said.

"You don't understand! We've gone through this more than you, and not knowing what's going to happen is worse!" Miles said, raising his voice.

"Hey, lower your voice dipshit," Jackson said, eyeing Miles.

"Anyways," V said, "We need to figure out what to do with Sabastian's vision. Clearly, this thing is after him, and we don't even know that The witch we see last night is the same one as last year, but if Sabastian's vision about Alice still alive is correct, we can't let the Witch know about this too, and we need to find her first and fast."

The group went silent for a second before A guy in a black suit chimed in. "I would say he could stay at my place, but because someone exposed my location last year," he said giving Captian Jack an angry glare. Captain Jack rolled his eyes, "Any other ideas?". He adds,

"Liny," V said. The whole group turned to her in shock. "Who? Your new friend?" Margaret asked.

 "Yeah, it will be unexpected," V said nervously. I smirk from my hidden place behind the window. Too easy.

"Plus, her dad is a hunter, which means...he had guns and ammo. Perfect for defenses." Miles says.

"No way. I'm not putting my trust and my friend's safety in a girl we just met." Ellis said.

"Just met? Ellis. We've known her for a month. And she's a really good person and it's like she same like all of us." V responded, a bit angry.

"V! Are you dumb?! There's something off about her. Did you not see all the cuts and bruises on her? And how beat up she looked? And how we've never seen her parents? And she never tells us anything about her past?" Ellis yelled, standing up on edge.

"WELL DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS?!" Jackson screamed, causing everyone to turn to him. The room went silent.

"It's our best bet until we get another plan," Adeline said quietly.

I had been following my so call new friends after leaving Miles's house. They all looked stressed not gonna lie. I heard lots of arguments with my name included. I guess Sabastian was going to be placed fully in My care? This was going to be way too easy, wasn't it?

I followed them all the way to the newly remodeled Lakewood's Trainstation. But instead of going into the Station through the front doors, the kids went in through the back alley, where a station Wagon was waiting. Margaret and Sabastian's older brother Simon came out of the car and showed some papers to the kids. V put her hand over her mouth and gasped at the papers, as did everyone else. They even began to jump up and down in happiness. What could those papers say?

Then, he came out. The Boy, I failed so many missions, the one that I need. Sabastian came out of the car, wearing an oversized shirt and jeans with converse. He hugged the other and did a little handshake with V. Yeah, whatever, she's my best friend still. The group waved to Margaret as she drove away, and the friends turned around and began walking into the Station. Time to put up a front.

HOUR HAS PASSED - DOWNTOWN MALL

"Liny?" I turned around in the food store to see Miles right in front of my face.

"Oh! Hey guys! Didn't see y'all!" The group awkwardly stared back, all standing in front of Sabastian.

"Um. what is y'all doing here?" I ask, knowing damn why are they here.

Sabastian, walk straight right to me, "My mom and my brother left town on a work occasion, and I don't know where to stay for one or two nights, can I stay at your place, Liny?" He speaks softly, I have never seen him this soft.

"Yeah, okay, but now why don't we shopping first, I've never been to the mall before" I nod my head,

"Thailand doesn't have a Mall?" V asks.

"Yes, they have but not where I live, Chaing Mai doesn't have a mall yet," I replied

*Moment Later*

"HAHA! I'm a pro shoplifter!" I say, running out of the store alongside Sabastian.

"Well, I'm actually a decent person who pays for their things." He said, laughing.

"Yeah yeah, I know, it's just fun sometimes." I grab Sabastian'S arm and began to lead him to the other teenagers sitting in the food court, eating ice cream. He blushes for a second, and I let go, remembering what V said about him liking me.

"God, this ice cream sucks. The Outpost Ice cream was so much better." The group nodded in agreement.

"Hey nerds, do any of you have 10Reils?" The group turned around to face a girl, probably about 10 years old. "Sinly? No, go away please." Michal said, rolling his eyes. She rolled her eyes back and began to walk away.

"Wait! I have 10Reils!" I call out, catching her attention.

"Don't bother giving her money Liny." I do anyways, introducing myself as Micheal's friend.

"Wow, yet another nerd. Probably reads fan fiction and stuff." She says under her breath.

As I closed My wallet, the 1000Riels bill in it fell to the table, causing everyone to look at me in shock.

I quickly put in back, "It's um, my dad's rent money, yeah I um, have to hold onto it until he gets off work." I say nervously.

"Who exactly is your dad?" Ellis asked as V elbowed him underneath the table. "U-um Vicharalong Achara." I tell them,

The group raised an eyebrow in confusion. Everyone knew everyone in this town and this was definitely not a heard-of name. "Hey, can we go to Pierre Balmain? I need new clothes." Sabastian said, interrupting.

"Same! Let's go together!" I say, grabbing his arm. I saw the scare, the same as mine.

That's when it started.

The love. The empathy. The Loneliness.

The Witch put him in the Neither Realm to turn him, Time In the Neither Realm works different than the outside, an hour in the outside world is like 1 day in the Neither Realm,

So Sabastian has been missing for A week so that means he has been stuck in that nasty place for months, now that's just cruel.

"So is it okay with your dad," Sabastian asks

"Yeah, totally, he sometimes sleeps at his workplace, so it totally fine" I reply.

This was going to be too easy. All I had to do was Enchant him with my power at the sleepover and then take him to the Master at the base. easy pissy.

let's pry that the Witch didn't know I have Sabastian?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 265 24
When a new girl arrives at the school and causes some memories to form in a young mans mind, he starts to change. She seems similar, but different th...
75.3K 28.4K 53
âĨïļŽð“‘ð“ļð“ļð“ī ð“ļ𝓷ð“Ū ð“ē𝓷 ð“―ð“ąð“Ū 𝓖ð“ļð“ĩ𝓭ð“Ū𝓷 ð“Ēð“Ūð“ŧð“ēð“Ū𝓞âĨïļŽ To students of Trinity Academy, Kam is the golden boy with an infectious personality and la...
11.4K 800 68
If your life went from ordinary to extraordinary, it would be great, right? Wrong. Cursed by a fairy queen. Split into two people. Magical powers th...
4.4K 657 27
"Stuck in a cage, my powers aren't working. Terrified of what I'm seeing in front of me. My friends battling, not just Night Armor, but another army...