The Silent Neighbour ✓

By MaFIABooks

❛❛ Oh dear love, we don't go near that door...no one in the flat does...the man that lives behind it is Alexa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
A Little Surprise

Chapter Seven

151K 4.6K 3.9K
By MaFIABooks

SONG: Another love by Tom Odell

Nova Johnson

I have never felt such fear in my soul, the moment I shut my door...I slide down the wood and try my hardest to control my breathing. I lock my door and face my apartment; my fingers rush through my hair and down my face.

Tears fall from my eyes like mini crystals, so my mother leaves the world in peace with hate on our name. How could she do that to me? I stand up and slip my jacket off, hanging it onto the wall. I think studying would get my mind of this.

I had to do something to distract me from what I saw earlier.

Why would he do something so horrendous?

Why would he try make me-I need to stop thinking about this. I grab a bottle of wine from my fridge and walk to my desk.

Nothing better than a few equations and a bottle of red wine.

It has been four hours.

My pen taps onto the desk, I stare at the maths question long and hard. The numbers suddenly made no sense to me, I was supposed to be the smartest in my class and I cannot even do a simple math equation anymore. My fingers however have a mind of its own and throws the pen.

How dare he? How dare he say no! It's been one day, one day and I can't revise these hard questions. "Alright, I'm on my way now." I hear from the other side of the door; I stand up slowly and tiptoe towards it. I look through the eyepiece to the other side and see him closing his doors.

I slip my shoes in and grab my phone shoving it into my back pocket. I needed to persuade him to help me, I pull open my door and follow after him.

He enters the elevator; I take the intuitive and rush down the stairs. Which bearing in mind was sixteen floors down. I take a breather before rushing further, arriving at the double doors, I see the elevator doors open and Alexander walking out of the reception of the apartment.

I push the doors open and capture him, but not to close. He does not have a car, and instead he walks. It was night, what does he have that's so important? Both hands of his were dug deep into his pockets. He wore a black hoodie.

We have been walking for thirty minutes, hell even longer. I notice him take a right to an alley, I decided against ongoing in, but my heart was telling me to do so.

So, I did. Stupidly. The moment one feet stepped through, a hand wraps around my throat and collides me against the brick wall. I gasp my final breath as my hands attach around his wrist, his blue eyes, those crispy oral orbs were gleaming into my own.

Fear, no. Lust, yes.

There was something about this man, his eyes were full of unknown secrets, I knew that. Those eyes, those eyes gave out a million words. One of them being why I was following him? He shakes his head, pushing himself closer to me.

He brings his face closer to my own, his cheeks touching my own as his lips graze the end of my jaw. "Following me?"

"I wanted to speak to you." I croak out.

"More like stalk me."

"I wasn't stalking you. I really need your help on-"

"And I said no."

"I don't understand why, why you can't help me?"

"Because I said so, now fuck off." He growls as he pushes himself away from me, he then walks away, I close my eyes and grab onto my hair in frustration.

"Oh, come on! I have done nothing but be nice to you, okay maybe breaking into your home was a bit of an accident, I mean you left the door open; do you know how dangerous that is? And not only that but adding to the fact that you don't double check your doors. Also, blood? Seriously, I mean, at least clean after yourself, infections, diseases, malaria. And entering your shower, was an accident. I was scared that you would, I don't know kill me. You have this vibe, like a deathly vibe. And stalking you, is it stalking if it was an accident? I don't think it can be-"

Everything inside of my lungs blew out the moment, I collided against the wall.

My back stuck in contradiction of the wall; I gasp for air as I slide down.

I groan, looking up to see Alexander punch someone directly in the face. The man steps back, grasping for his jaw. I try to stand up, my back aching me.

I face Alexander to see him continuously punching the man in the face, I watch as the man grabs onto the gun that was thrown on the ground. I take the kind intuitive and step onto his wrist, picking up the gun.

"I'm not even asking for much, all I am asking for is help!"

"I don't think now is the time, Natalie."

"It's Nova! And why wouldn't it be the time?" Alexander lifts the man up and throws him towards the ground, he snatches the gun from my hand and unloads it.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"I mean, you are clever, and five exams, that is a lot. If we can just coordinate-" We both hear the man trying to shuffle around, Alexander walks back to him and pushes his foot down onto his face.

"I don't want to help you, can't you understand?" Alexander whispers out, I told my arms and shake my head at the same time.

"No, I cannot, it would only be a few hours of a day," Alexander then finishes up and walks away, I look back to see two legs poking out into the light. I rush after Alexander to see him walking down the road.

"Are you going to continue to stalk me?"

"If it gets you to say yes."

"I thought you were clever."

"I'm not, I just pretend to be, look." I stand in front of him, he stops walking, hands in his pockets. "Please, I really need your help."

"I just beat a man up and you're worried for a maths exam?" He says confused, I bring my puppy dog eyes in action, his nostrils flare and he rolls his eyes.

"Don't do that."

"I'm not doing anything."

"Your eyes, don't."

"Are you going to help me?"

"No." I bring myself closer.

"Please."

"I said no, so stop fucking bothering me." He adjusts his hearing aids, almost as if he switched it off. Then his eyes glance down at my wrist, the yellow bruise from Leo gleaming. He grabs onto my hands and yanks me towards him, I nearly trip onto my feet.

"Did I do this?" He whispers, his fingers touching his hearing aid again to switch it back on.

"No..no it wasn't you." I snatch my wrists out of his hands and hide it with my blouse.

"Who did this to you?"

"No one, I just tripped onto my wrist." I could tell he didn't believe me.

"Go home Nicole and let me warn you one last time: bother me again and I will make your life a living fucking hell." He seemed serious this time, I had no idea blue could be such a hot fire until I saw those eyes. "Understand or do I have to fucking repeat it to you again? I'm not your fucking friend, get that into your thick fucking skull."

I take a step back.

I crossed the limit.

Way too many times.

"I understand." I whisper, fear dragging itself to attach to my heart. I hold my hands up as a surrender, "I won't bother you again, I promise." He pushes past me and walks into the darkness of the night; my body takes a shiver of fear.

I look back to see him no longer there. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 5.4K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
5.2K 806 54
Picture used in book cover by - Lexy I (Pinterest) Trigger warning- Contains violence. ________________________________________ "Lies and secrets ag...
26.8K 4.1K 58
Book 1 of From Ours To Yours Triology ABOUT THE BOOK Two strangers complete opposites of each other fall in love. But the life is not easy, none of u...
308K 3.4K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...