ALBEDO "the way i loved you"

By sviearchives

sworn enemies - albedo and y/n have been rivals in any academic related activities. at first, the satisfactio... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
EPILOGUE
FAREWELL

chapter five

2K 80 53
By sviearchives

the loud sound of the rain splattering against the roof woke up the sleeping y/n in the middle of the night. her tired eyes stared at the wall clock, 3:34 am, it said. she got off from her bed and sat on the chair, opening her notebook to review yesterday's lesson. as minutes turned to hours, she flinched upon hearing the door open, revealing her mother, still in her nightdress — she had a glass of milk in her hand, she smiled gently at her daughter. "dear, did you sleep at all?"

the tone of her voice was truly motherly – something that you will still long for even if you're already in your twenties, thirties, or even sixties.

she walked toward y/n, "i hope you didn't overwork yourself, y/n."

y/n only shook her head and accepted the milk, drinking all of it in one gulp. "no, mom. the rain woke me up and i couldn't sleep back — but i did get a decent amount of sleep."

lie. she slept around one am after practicing her writing for the upcoming journalism contest – to calculate, she only had two hours of sleep and it's already six in the morning now which means she had to get up and prepare for school.

her mother caressed her hair, "that's great. what do you want for dinner?"

"hm, anything or maybe i'll walk by the cafe later to visit you."

"ah, that's great. then, how about we eat outside with your brother later?"

she nodded, smiling as if there was someone who caressed her heart – it's been a while since the last time they went out. "yes, i would love to."

"then, i'll see you later. take care at school, yeah? i prepared your breakfast and snacks, for the meantime i need to be at the cafe now."

"you too, take care."

her mother owns a small cafe at the district shop — they earn a reasonable amount of money, enough for them to live comfortably. they hit the jackpot as soon as the cafe was built since the district is always swarmed by people who work at the office or students who want to relax and study with their friends. her father passed away due to liver complications, she was still a mere child that time but it still pains her whenever she thinks of it. they said there are five stages of grief, it's been six years but she's still in denial.

"did you borrow my reviewers?" she asked her brother, the two of them were having breakfast in silence. it's still raining outside, though it has become weak and bearable. her brother, b/n, was wearing a black hoodie and has black long hair — the typical 'handsome' brother that many people like. he plays guitar, wears a necklace, nails painted with black, kinda does well in school but is lazy at home.

he nodded, drinking the milk. "yes, your notes are so well-detailed. i think i need to rest for weeks."

"what about it?" she raised her brow, "did you have the urge to study well for a better future or are you trying to impress a girl?"

b/n chuckled, "the latter."

"who?"

"you do not know her, sis."

"what's her name?" she interrogated, staring at his brother who refused to meet her gaze. she slammed the fork on the plate loudly, "hey! tell me or you'll never be able to borrow anything from me!"

"her name's ella! you know, she's at the same grade level as you."

"i do not know someone named ella." she wiped her mouth with tissue as she rested her back against the chair comfortably, "for how long have you been dating her?"

"we're not dating yet, i'm still courting her."

she nodded, understanding everything. "well," she stood up after drinking the remaining milk from her glass. "go wash the dishes and we shall go."

"hey! it's your turn to wash the dishes today! i wash every monday, tuesday, and friday! it's thursday today!"

"so?" she glared at him and his brother stepped back, slightly shivering. "i didn't ask for anything when you borrowed my notes, so go and wash the dishes."

"whatever."

they took the bus to get to school and they arrived at the exact time. the class started and went on for hours — since it was still raining, dozens of students fell asleep during the discussion including tartaglia who was caught by mr. zhongli and asked him to write an apology letter three times, which caused the ginger to sulk and whine during lunch.

"hey, y/n. i think beidou is calling you." lumine said, looking at the door where beidou, the rumored girlfriend of ningguang was standing, her expression was neither happy or sad but stoic and scary — as if she hated everyone she saw except ningguang.

she walked toward her and stood at the threshold. "do you need something?"

"actually, my girlfriend told me to inform you." ah, so the rumor was true after all.

"inform me about what?"

"yes, you know the what — the upcoming writing contest thingy?"

"the journalism contest." she smiled softly, and beidou laughed.

"ah! yes, that!" beidou exclaimed with enthusiasm and went on, "she said that you and the blonde, albedo of future (feature) writing needs to be at the office of student council for some announcement after school!"

she nodded, ignoring the remark about albedo though the mention of his name really caused her to be irritated. "sure, sure. i'll be there."

"yes, and — where is he by the way?"

"don't know." she shrugged.

"mhm, well just tell him, alrighty? i still need to eat lunch with ning, bye!"

when the class ended, childe was left in his seat, still writing and whining. "you guys will really leave me here alone?!"

venti looked at him, tiredly. "it's your fault for sleeping!"

"i only had six hours of sleep and i really cannot control it! please wait for me!"

lumine laughed while hu tao continued to mock him with silly faces and showing her bag to him, venti drank something from his water bottle and y/n carried her notebook with her. "go home without me y'all, i need to attend something in the student council."

"what for?" venti questioned, shoulders down. the sudden rally of his friends upon hearing that y/n won't be going home with them caused tartaglia to gasp offended, the betrayal was visible upon his stressed face and he ruffled his hair messy with a pout which only made his friends laugh instead of pitying him.

"just tell me if you do not like me!" he ranted, writing hard and creating a hole in his paper. he growled loudly, "shit!" he cursed since he had to restart writing again.

"your fault, tartaglia." venti mumbled, and looked at y/n again. "you should go. i hope the meeting will end early — so you may come home with us."

"you guys will be staying?" she asked.

"of course. we do not want to leave this whining ginger all alone in here, right?"

tartaglia's face lightened up, "thanks y'all! what do you want, later?"

"hmm, anything expensive for me! i heard there's a new store in the district, should we try their food?" hu tao replied, happily.

"i think going to the night market is much better —"

tartaglia cut off lumine's statement, "to the night market then."

"hey!" hu tao rallied, her expression soured. "you little dipshit!"

"shut the fuck up, please!"

"don't speak like that to me, asshole!"

"what did you call me, you funeral-smelling girl?!"

"what did you say, lousy ass bi—"

"hu tao, tartaglia," the enemies were frozen in their perspectives upon hearing their adviser's voice with authority. lumine mumbled a quiet 'uh oh' then hid behind venti's back who only stood in silence, a lip-tight smile visible on his face. "speaking such despicable words inside this respected campus is strictly prohibited."

"y-yes.." hu tao stuttered

"i'm afraid that both of you broke the rule. and so, as a punishment, hu tao would be joining tartaglia in writing an apology letter — as for tartaglia, i will add an additional five pages. you may pass it to me tomorrow." he spoke, hands behind his back. "you know what happens if i did not receive the required amount of letters tomorrow, no?"

"yes..." hu tao and tartaglia answered weakly, their faces were pale and were as gray as the withering sky outside.

y/n chuckled before rushing outside and then it hit her – she didn't tell albedo about the meeting but she suddenly dropped the act – it's the right choice not to tell him that, besides, it's his fault for joining the contest in the first place. 

&&& this y/n is meaaan and childish but character development, yes ??/?/!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 6.1K 18
Albedo who had to solve a case of a missing girl for six years, came to a deal with the girl he was searching for, Y/n, and came to do the deal with...
295K 10.5K 43
"I just realized that you look like a dead fish with your 'no light eyes' concept." The lack of amusement from Childe's face was an evidence for his...
369K 10.9K 35
"Have you seen Y/n's big brother and big sister?" "Y/n is worried they're no longer with Y/n..." "Big brother Aether... Big sister Lumine... Where ar...
22 1 2
"After all, an artificial human was made only to fulfil one mission; the ultimate goal of its creator. He predicted that there was a high chance that...