Breaking the Curse

By CharlieSink_

An innocent night while playing carnival games takes a tragic turn for a group of friends in Lakewood, the Pe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 27

3 3 0
By CharlieSink_

To his surprise, Miles realized that the energy force that saved him from death was coming from his friend, Alice.

"Run, now!!! Take cover, and hurry, radio Captain Jack now." She shouts in horror but not because she is scared she might die, she shouts in horror because she is scared that her friends might die.

"What about you?" V shouts back.

"Just go take cover; let me deal with this."

"Blue, how is it possible," said the witch. Its facial tone starts to change, from being superior to being scared.

"Give me back, my friend!!!" Alice shouts in a superior tone of voice that she can master while in her hand, forms a big lightning force, and blasts it right back at full force at the witch.

The witch got knocked out of the sky by Alice's force power; meanwhile, Miles and V still struggle to reach Captain Jack via their walkie-talkie.

"Captain Jack, do you hear me? This is Miles, Miles Sivan. We are currently in very grave danger... We are in an abandoned temple near the waterfall, if you received this, please come and save us, PLEASE!!!!. " Miles shouts into the radio microphone as both his hand shakes and his mind can't keep aways from thinking of death.

"Anything!!!!" V asks.

"No, still statics, I hope he got the message,"

"Me, too, I don't want to die this young." V tells her friends. Her face turned pale blue, and both of her hands couldn't stop shaking.

"Yeah, me too. Let's pray to God that he gets the message."

Back at the battle between the foster kids and the ancient witch, they have exchanged each other's energy blasts for a couple minutes now, and still no one seems to back down.

"You are a strong little girl, but strength without experience is nothing." It says, with its fearful tone of voice, to try and scare Alice off. Unfortunately, Alice is not the type of child who is easily scared.

When the Witch notices Alice lowering her guard for a split second to look at her valuable friends, the witch seizes the opportunity to blast right back at Alice with all the power it has left. Alice tries to counter the force back but it is too strong for her, so the Witch Lighting forces her down, knocking her head against the ground and sending her into an unconscious state again.

"Alice, Nooo!!!!" Sebastian yells while trying again, to break loose from the chain, but he is also too weak for that.

What is so special about Sebastian?

Why did the witch kidnap him specifically?

Prince Virasak, the Witch master and mastermind behind all of the madness that had occurred in Lakewood over the last ten years, bursts out laughing, amazed at his servant power and the creation that it had created for him.

"You kids are so predictable, so naive, so tiny, so weak." Said Prince Virasak,

"You will die like your father. Your cocksucker coward Princ------ahhhh"

The witch pulls Miles up from the ground with its magic power.

V slowly crawls toward her magical friend, Alice's uncouth body, while the Witch is preoccupied with Miles.

"Alice, wake up; we need you; you're stronger than this; wake up, please; pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." V begins to cry because Alice's lips appear to be turning white, like those of a dead person.

Her emotions start to take over her body; V's tears begin to crawl down her cheeks, and some land on Alice's pale blue face. Everything seems hopeless. The kids are finally captured by The Witch and strapped to the wall right next to their friend, Sebastian, and two other skeletons.

"Let's put these kids to good use; can you make more of the creature out of these kids?" In a bitter tone, Prince Virasak asks his servant.

"Yes, Sir, I'll try, but the ceremony needs to happen at the full moon, which is two weeks from now. You may need to postpone your plan this Friday, sir," the witch responds.

"Just get me the creatures, okay, as many as you can, and this time, try harder; if you fail me again, you'll be the one who pays the price, and the price will be your head, you understand," said the furious prince.

"Yes, sir, I won't fail you."

The Witch nods its head down, while the Prince walks out of the cave to his luxury car that is waiting for him outside.

However, the situation is not as hopeless as the children believe. Their soon-to-be savior is already right at the doorstep of the place where they got captured and the doorstep of Hell.

"What are these kids' problems? One kid goes missing, and the other runs wild. Brilliant parenting from their respected family, I give them that," said the annoyed Captain Jack.

The captain continues walking into the woods, unprepared for what is about to happen.

"Kids, are you in here? Come out late, what's the problem here, I don't have time for these kids?"happens

A loud screaming voice came from inside the ancient temple. The captain pulls his gun out and runs for the cover nearby to see what happens inside.

When Captain Jack leans over the rock to see what he sees, the kids are being strapped to the walls, and Miles is now being tortured by a mysteriously dressed-up person, he didn't know it was a witch yet.

"Tell me where the girl comes from? Who is her parent?"

" Go to HELL, I'm not going to tell you shit, ahhhhhhhhh"

The Witch continues to torture Miles again with its glowing magic stick. The captain can't handle what he sees anymore and is ready to confront the witch by himself, but he gets stopped by Special Agent Malcolm from the Cambodian Investigation Agency.

"What the hell!!!"

"Shhhhh, be quiet!!"

"Who are you guys?" Captain Jack asks in confusion, because as far as he knows, he didn't call any backup, but here they are, a dozen men in black slowly creeping out of the bush toward him.

Special Agent Malcolm is not alone, he brings back up, a lot of back up, and then he shows Captain Jack his Federal badge.

"What are you guys doing out here, and how do you even know we are even here?" Captain Jack asks again,

"One of our agents intercepts the kid's message when they patrol around in this area," Special Agent Malcolm explains.

"So what is the plan? Should I radio for more backup?" Captain Jack asks,

"No, it will bring more attention, and we don't need it right now."

"And why is that?"

"I'll explain this later, after all of this is over."

The Witch continues to ask Miles for answers, because it feels a strong connection between Miles and Alice, but not as strong as the connection that Sebastian and Alice have, which led to the Witch getting a feeling of Sebastian's secret power.

"You can go to hell, I will not betray my own friend." Miles continues to battle his fear.

"Alright then, a little bit more of my dark force will make you open your heart freely and willingly to cooperate with me in no time." The Witch says,

To the Captain, He can't handle the screaming from Miles any longer, so he decides to screw the CIA plan that tries to capture the Witch alive, and go gun blazing at the witch,hoping to rescue the Kids instead.

Captain Jack fires at the Witch but the bullets are useless because when it gets near the Witch, it vibrates to ashes.

"Gun, stupid human, you never learn, do you?" Said the Witch, turn and look at the Captain and his new found friends,

The CIA agents now decide to assist Captain by surrounding the witch with a gun. A lot of guns, but will they work? Is the witch even human?

"Drop your weapon and surrender; we've got you cornered." Agent Malcolm shots,

"You really think you've got me cornered?" The witch laughs with pity. "Human stupidity just keeps on growing, passing down from one generation to another. Pathetic."

"Drop your glowing stick and stand down, this isn't some kind of fantasy movie set."

When Captain Jack and The Witch finally confront each other, Alice on the other side starts to wake up as she opens her eyes slowly to see her friends getting tied up next to her, still unconscious.

She tries to use her power to free herself, but it doesn't work. It is like she doesn't have the power, but of course she does, and it is way more powerful than the witch's dark magic force, but Alice doesn't know it yet.

"Fucus, Alice, Fucus." A voice inside Alice's head appears and tells her to focus.

"Who is that? Who is talking to me?"

"Keep your focus on the handcuffs, and let the Force free you from the darkness."

Like the mysterious voice inside her head tells her, Alice tries to concentrate her mind, and it works; the voice inside her head is right.

Alice rushes to free V, who is still unconscious. Alice slapped V in the face a couple of times, but it didn't work.

With one solution gone, she tries to quietly yell at V, but it was loud enough for the witch to turn around and see her break free from her handcuffs.

"Well well well, look who is finally awake and ready to rumble." said the Witch.

"Kid, get over here, now" Captain Jack shouts,

As Alice tries to run to the Captain, The Witch blast the light force in front of her and it knocked away and hurts her pretty badly.

"You not going anywhere, My little Angkorian friend, I thought all of your kind were already extinted a couple hundreds years ago with your Empire."

"I heard that name before, it's a Myth." Alice repsonds

"No little child, before it's in fact a Myth, but now it not because you still alive, and I gonna make your Kind, a Myth in children history book again."

"You want to kill her, too bad you, little creature, you need to cross my dead body first." Captain Jack steps in, pulls Alice in, and put her behind his body.

"As you wish then," said the Witch, before throwing more lighting at its foe.

The explosion from the blast caused Captain Jack and several other CIA agents injured.

"YOU GO GET THE KIDS, GET THEM OUT OF HERE," Said Agent Malcolm, before unleashing a dozen rounds straight into the Witch's face to distract it and give Captain Jack and the kids time to escape.

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about us, now let's go I give you cover."

Captain Jack rushes to the kids to free them from the chain, while The Witch is engaged in a battle with a dozen CIA agents who continue to fire a hundred rounds of solid ammunition at its face.

"You get your friend out of here; there is a truck waiting outside; go and wait there," the captain instructed Miles.

"V, you carry Alice; I will carry Ellis out first before I come back for Sebastian... now let's go; we don't have a lot of time," Miles commands.

While Miles is trying to carry his brother outside, V tries to wake Alice up too.

"Alice wake up, wake up, goddammit Alice," V starts to cry," wake up---"

Alice starts to regain consciousness again and slowly opens her eyes, but she can't walk.

"Carry her, com'on we gotta go, hurry up," Miles says.

"I'm trying, damn it!!!" Ellis growls.

"Just hold on a little longer, okay?" V whispers into her friend's ear while carrying her out of danger.

"Sabastian, Sabastian, where is he?" Alice said tiredly under her cold breath.

"He's okay, just close your eyes and rest; we're going to get you out here." V reassures her friend.

*MOMENT LATER - CAPTAIN JACK'S JEEPS*

"Come on, get her on the back." Miles yells,

"Where is the Captain?" V asks,

Even outside of danger, Ellis is still shocked about what happened to him today; he keeps repeating, "I don't want to die, I want to die," until V shouts at him to stop.

"Hey, get a hold of yourself. I know we've been through a lot today; you're scared, Miles's scared, and damn, I'm also scared the heck out of myself too, and you know what? I never felt this scared before in my whole life." Said V,

"Don't worry, Ellis, we're going to make it." Miles says, walk to his brother's side and take sits next to him,

Captain Jack and several other CIA agents are thrown out of the temple moments later, with the Witch flying out with an unconscious Special Agent Malcolm in its hand.

The Kids go into scare mode again, with Ellis ready to scream out of his lung again, but Miles steps in just in time and uses his hand to cover his brother's mouth before V pulls both of their hands away to a place to hide.

"Go, go, go, go, get the gun, Miles" V yells,

"Fire at it! Take it out now!" V shouts,

"Kill it! Go, go, go, go! Miles, kill it right now!

Miles begins to unleash hell on the target, but the bullet, like before, turns to ash as it hits the witch.

"It's not working!" Miles said in a terrifying tone of voice.

"Hit it again." Ellis shouts. "Damn it! Kill it already!" The frustration is written all over his pale white face.

Then a lightning force starts flying and flies straight at the witch, hitting it straight in the chest, causing the witch to unintentionally drop Special Agent Malcolm down into the water below them.

"Miles, go help that agent out of the water; let me deal with this." Alice emerged from behind them like a true superhero.

Miles quickly jumps into the water to save Agent Malcolm from drowning, while the other agents try to help Captain Jack and their fellow agents.

"You are a tough cookie, young lady,"

"You will not hurt my friend anymore, not again."

The epic battle has begun, and despite being drained, Alice tries to fight the Witch with every ounce of power she has left, holding, taking hits, and trying everything she can before the witch gets too close to her friends.

With instructions from the voice inside her mind, Alice now knows enough about her power, enough to channel energy inside her body and convert it into power. With enough power, Alice eventually pinned the Witch against the wall, rendering her unable to fire back.

Alice takes a final look back at V and Sabastian, who are still unconscious, and says her final goodbye, "Goodbye, may we meet again," before using all her power to disintegrate the Witch's body into a dark, thick mist. But the thing is, Alice is also vanishing inside with it. V was left in tears as the kids frantically looked for her in the temple and everywhere, but she was gone. sacrificed herself for her friend, or did she?

A moment later, Captain Jack wakes up, and Special Agent Malcolm is also awake; he tries to call for an ambulance for Sebastian and the other wounded agents.

With the ambulance still on its way, Captain Jack and Special Agent Malcolm try to perform CPR on Sebastian to stall death and buy enough time for the ambulance to arrive and save him.

"He's not breathing. He's not breathing." Captain Jack repeats in panic.

"All right, Captain, listen to me. I need you to tilt his head back... - Okay, and lift his chin." Agent Malcolm said calmly.

"Okay, okay. One, two, three, four."

"Now when I tell you, you're gonna pinch his nostrils, and breathe into his mouth...- twice, okay." Agent Mal counties,

"Okay, got it." Captain acknowledges.

Captain Jack starts to recall a memory where he watched his son die in the hospital as the doctors tried to use CPR to revive him.

The captain is pounding on Sebastian's chest a couple times, nearly giving up hope, when suddenly Sebastian gasps for air. Captain Jack and Special Agent Malcolm breathe a sigh of relief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 42 39
When Angelique Savant, a quiet, unassuming foster kid with a genius IQ is found not guilty of attempting to murder her best friend, she's committed t...
857 76 53
Moving from a place you call home is hard. It's hard for people to just drop there things and move. Sadly Karrianne Vesta was forced to. She didn't h...
7K 324 67
Long ago, humans with supernatural abilities began to appear in our world. These gifted humans possessed strange powers such as super strength, the...
206 22 21
{Book One Of the Blackbird Series} Elias Drozdov's life is anything but safe. Being a crow is one thing, but being a crow with white wings? Might as...