The Silent Neighbour ✓

By MaFIABooks

❛❛ Oh dear love, we don't go near that door...no one in the flat does...the man that lives behind it is Alexa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
A Little Surprise

Chapter Three

182K 5.6K 8.9K
By MaFIABooks

↪Got the music in you, 

baby tell me why, 

you've been locked in here forever 

and you can't say goodbye.↩

SONG: Apocalypse By Cigarettes After Sex

◤◥◤◥◤◥

Nova Johnson

I bite my lower lip as I draw a perfect dot on my wall, then pick up the hammer and bang it against the nail. Only for it to fall and leave a large mark on my wall.

I moaned and slammed my head against the wall. I try a few more times, but the nail refuses to penetrate the bloody wall. I feel a vibration as I rest my hand against the wall. I pull off my headphones and notice someone was ringing my doorbell the entire time. My attention is drawn to the door. I walk down the corridor, clutching the hammer.

My hands pull open the door, the moment my eyes took a long glance up at the tall body, I feel myself shiver. I hadn't realised that blue could be such hot fire until I saw those eyes. One glance of those blue eyes told of a lifetime of struggle that had never been put into words. They were the colour of a clear blue sky through a broken prison wall; the colour of a perfect raindrop on a blue aster; the colour of a river hurrying to join the great ocean.

Then my eyes scaled down at the tattoos that were drawn all over his neck, down his chest then hidden by the clothing. 

The outer edge of his eyes was rimmed in deep ocean blue, but the overall effect was of hazel eyes, the brown elements being more dominant since they complimented his hair and the freckles that lay over the bridge of his nose.

His hair, his hair was the black of over-washed cloth, the kind that was worn and beaten. But the beautiful curls that were sticking out. His lips, a beautiful colour of light nude. Then his lips began moving, I try focus onto his lips and make out what he was saying but he was way too fast for my liking.

Alexander Solonik.

I lift a finger which stopped him from speaking before slamming my door closed, I rush to my bedroom to look into the mirror and oh my fucking- I look like shit! My hot neighbour is shouting at me, and I looked like this? I fix my hair a little and add a tinsel of mascara before walking back to the door.

"Sorry, I had my headphone-" He interrupts me.

"I don't care, keep the banging to yourself alright, some of us are trying to fucking sleep." He demands. I rose an eyebrow as he turns to the opposite door. His back was full of tattoos, way too many. It outlines every muscle he has, which bear in mind was a lot. He slams the door behind him, and I look down at the hammer, I didn't like the way he spoke to me, so...

I leave the door open and grab a nail, I climb up the ladder. I wait for the perfect moment before I bang against the nail so hard it fits through. I continue banging for unnecessary reason until his door opens. I take the initiative, climb down my ladder. "What did I-" Before he said anything I slam the door closed onto his face and walk away proudly.

After a few hours, I decided it was time to do a bit of studying. I throw my tracksuit on, grab my keys and slap on a Nike hat over my bundle of messy curls. I tumble out of the apartment, turning to lock my doors. I pull down the handle to make sure and double check. When it was secure, I turn and bump into another body.

That body being my annoyingly hot neighbour.

He glances down at me, wearing a tight black shirt, with a pair of black jeans. A leather jacket in one hand sharing a gym bag. 

He walks past me; I follow after him and watch him push the elevator button. I wait patiently besides him, my feet tapping against the floors. I take a quick glance at him; he was a huge man. His build, everything about him sort of scares me. He looks familiar, I feel as if I know him.

The doors open and I step inside, watching him come after me. I press onto the ground floor and lean against the glass. I waited patiently before the elevators suddenly stop moving, I tap onto the floor button once more, feeling my heart beating.

 I continue pushing onto it, over and over again before I feel someone slam their hands against the entire thing. "Stop doing that." My head falls back and my eyes lock with his, I had a fear of tight spaces, and this-this is not good.

"We-We're stuck!"

"It happens. Stop pressing the button." Great. What a great coincidence? Stuck in an elevator with my rude neighbour. I take a step back into the corner and wait patiently for it to start moving again, Alexander was on his phone and his gym bag settled between his legs.

It has been nearly thirty-three minutes; the doors were not opening. I press onto the help button but no answer. I slip out my phone and try to dial the police but ended up being no signal, "can you call someone?"

"What do you think I have been doing for the last thirty minutes?"

"I don't understand why you're so rude."

"I'm not rude." He shoots back.

"Explains a lot." I whispered sarcastically, I look ahead of me, staring at the doors mirror. I notice his jaw tensing at my reply and couldn't help the small smirk that played over my face. I press onto the ringing button, without a reply. 

I step back and settle down onto the ground, my legs can't stand for longer that ten let alone thirty. I bring out my maths textbook from my bag and a pencil. I then begin solving some of the equations that I got for homework.

Biting, chewing and eating the top of my pen has become a causal thing for me, I remove my Nike hair from over my head and push a strand of my hair behind my ears as I continue studying. I might as well do something then nothing. But there was one question I did not understand and have been looking at for fifteen minutes. I always understand but I found this sort of tricky for some reason.

The equation

24x2+25x−47 ax−2=−8x−3−53ax−2

is true for all values of x≠. What is the value of a?

I sat there for another twenty minutes, pulling onto my hair and nearly eating the pencil.

"The faster way is to multiply each side of the given equation by ax−2 (so you can get rid of the fraction). When you multiply each side by ax−2, you should have: 24x2+25x−47=(−8x−3) (ax−2) −53. You should then multiply (−8x−3) and (ax−2) using FOIL. 24x2+25x−47=−8ax2−3ax+16x+6−53. Then, reduce on the right side of the equation: 24x2+25x−47=−8ax2−3ax+16x−47. Since the coefficients of the x2-term have to be equal on both sides of the equation, −8a=24, or a=−3." I stared at him shockingly, but he continued. "The answer is -3." 

My mind was in circles, he stared ahead of him as I stared at him. How did he figure this out? This question is impossible to do without a calculator. On what earth did this man come from? And why did I find him solving a maths equation hot?

"H-How?" He shrugs his shoulders and tucks his phone into his back pocket. "Are you like some secret Einstein or?" 

"Hey guys! Sorry for the wait I was on break; we will get you both out in a few hours!"

In a few hours?!

Glancing down at my phone, it has been nearly two hours and a half. 

We were both on the floor, it is cold, my head was resting on the mirror behind me. My knees were against my chest with my arms circling around them, the man shuffles slightly before taking out a pack of cigarettes. 

I raise an eyebrow and watch him take one out and rest it gently onto his lips. "Can you not smoke around me, please?" I whispered.

"I'm not smoking."

"So, then why is it in your mouth?"

"Why don't you shut yours?" My lips sealed; he has good comebacks.

"Alexander, what do you do for a living?" I ask, wanting some sort of conversation to make me forget the fact that we are going to die in this elevator.

"Mind my own business." Touché.

"Very funny, are you like an accountant? You're amazing at maths." He doesn't reply. "Or a banker?" Not a single reply. "Or-"

"Nora-"

"Nova." I interrupt him with the right name.

"Naomi," this little shit. "Please shut your mouth." At least he said please this time. 

There were only a few inches distance between the both of us. I try keep my eyes open for a few minutes, but it's hard being up since seven in the morning completing half the work. I was silent, one hour passes then two. 

Then all of a sudden, the lights switch off, and I stand up from the ground switching my flash on. I step back, then unexpectedly the elevator drops for a second.

The friction of the noises hurt my ears, I gasp grabbing both my ears as it begins becoming painful from the loud noise, the elevator was dropping down faster. I was pulled to the side, an arm was wrapped around my waist and pulled me flush against his chest. 

Any second now and we were going to fall face flat to the ground. I tighten my arms around his own waist and hide my face into his body, I don't want to die! I don't want to meet my mum just yet.

His blue eyes locked on mine, and he gave me a dangerous look. 

Any woman would fall to her knees at that look. He was a huge man, and I almost felt myself buckle for a split second. His shoulders were wider than mine, and the moment I thought I was going to die, the elevator came to a halt with a long pause. I was about to fly out of his arms, but he held on tight. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I feel a vibration of something, I turn my head and notice the doors being open. I remove myself from the man, grab my things from the floor almost immediately and the minute we were safe to leave. I dashed out of the elevator, seeing fire brigades everywhere. Their mouths moving, their hands touching me. I rip them of myself and turn around as they surround me, I look down at their mouths.

Silence. Silence was all I heard.

I rush to my car, unlocking it with the keys in my hand.

AUTHOR: Please vote! 

I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 4.2K 58
Book 1 of From Ours To Yours Triology ABOUT THE BOOK Two strangers complete opposites of each other fall in love. But the life is not easy, non...
263K 25.5K 38
❛ The Dark love of Mafia's ❜ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...
33.9K 393 29
Book one of the Milano series. I was woken by a bucket of water threw on my face "God" I said shivering due to the cold water. I was in a dark room...
6.6M 178K 37
PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! ❝You're mine. Understand? And if I see you look at a guy the same way you look at me, I'll kill him. And I'll fuck you with his...