Can't Fight It

By camilzer

Camila/You Y/N seems like your typical rock star. She's a tattooed covered badass who loves to party. Camila... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter tweleve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three

chapter twenty-one

520 25 2
By camilzer

September 30, 2016

pretty girl🍑💕: have u seen twitter

my lover❤️❤️❤️: not recently
my lover❤️❤️❤️: wait why are you on twitter?

pretty girl🍑💕: i was on my moms phone
pretty girl🍑💕: but anywayyyyyy
pretty girl🍑💕: the few accounts that ship us are theorizing about your album

my lover❤️❤️❤️: how?
my lover❤️❤️❤️: how do people ship us if they've never seen us together

pretty girl🍑💕: you'd be amazed at what they can figure out
pretty girl🍑💕: it's so fun reading the theories tho
pretty girl🍑💕: im in the car like YES THATS MY GF ISNT SHE GREAT but i can't say that :(

my lover❤️❤️❤️: well....you could....

pretty girl🍑💕: .....

my lover❤️❤️❤️: i know, i know

"Y/N!"

"What?" Y/N snapped her head up to look at Alexxis who sat next to her in the back of the black SUV they were riding in.

"I've been calling your name."

"Oh, sorry," Y/N locked her phone and slid it into her pocket. "What's up?"

"I want to go over the plan one more time." Alexxis held a piece of paper in her hand.

"You mean my script?"

"Y/N..."

"Well, that's what it is." Alexxis gave her a pointed look. "Okay, fine, the plan whatever."

"Good. Now," Alexxis took a breath. "He's gonna ask about the silhouette and you're gonna say—"

"My God, we've been over this so many times."

"I don't care. We're going over it again. So, as I was saying you're gonna answer and say Stella Maxwell."

"I still don't get why I can't just say it was you like we told everyone else."

"Please, Y/N, just make it easy this once." Alexxis pleaded.

Y/N rolled her eyes as she placed a joint between her lips and lit it.

If she was going to do this, she was going to need some help from her friends.

————

"Here to talk about her new album 'tickets to my downfall', please welcome, Y/N L/N!"

The crowd cheered as Y/N walked onto the stage, her shirt unbuttoned, the black ink on display, and took a seat on the couch next to James Corden's desk.

"Hey, it's good to see you again." Y/N smiled politely.

Truthfully, she found James pretty annoying.

Then again, she found most people pretty annoying.

"You too!" He smiled. "The new album is amazing. Every song is an absolute banger."

"Thank you, I appreciate it." Y/N interlaced her fingers loosely, letting her hands rest between her legs.

"Now, this album is already being named the album of the year by many people; Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard." He listed off, the audience cheering as Y/N shyly smiled.

Sure, she was proud of the work she does and what she has accomplished, but having someone talk about it in front of her makes her stomach swirl. It feels braggy, almost, even if she's not the one saying it.

Believe it or not, she hates being put on the spot, the attention all on her.

"Some artists take years to perfect their albums, to get them to that point. But, I heard you wrote the album in only a few months, is that correct?"

"Yes and no," Y/N replied, sitting up straighter. She cleared her throat. "I had been working on this album for about a year and I had it pretty much all done. We had release dates and everything all set. And then, my life kinda did a 180 and at that point, some the songs I had didn't feel like me anymore. They reflected who I was before this...major life change, not me as I am now."

The audience was quiet as Y/N answered. She was honestly shocked James hadn't interrupted her yet.

"So," she continued. "I was able to get my team to agree to let me revisit the album. For some songs, I just altered the lyrics but kept the melody and music the same, others I kinda started from scratch. It was a lot of work, not only for me but everyone who stayed in the studio for weeks and weeks to get the album ready to be released on time."

"Wow," James' eyes were wide. "Is it uncommon to go back and, more or less, scrap the original project?"

"When you have a set release date, yeah, it is. Thankfully, the hadn't started producing the physical albums yet—like CDs, vinyls, cassettes—so it was easier."

"Are there any songs from the original album that are still on this version?"

"Yeah, uh," Y/N began counting on her fingers, mentally running through the track list. "title track, kiss kiss, drunk face, concert for aliens, and WWIII were from the original. Listening to the album from start to finish—as you should with any album, track lists are important—" she said to the camera and audience. "I wanted the shift to be clear. So it goes from WWIII, this angry song about how the media and general public perceives me as an individual, to why are you here, a song that kinda begins the saga of this new love. From there, you can hear the relationship progress from 'God, why are you here and fucking me all up—shit sorry,"

"It's all good, we'll bleep it out."

"Alright, cool. Uh, yeah from that to admitting I'm like...in love and saying 'you're the one I want to go through life with'."

"Wow, honestly I've never really put much thought into how track lists can be so important to story lines." James said. "But after hearing this, I'm gonna have to go back and listen to all my favorite albums start to finish."

"You should. Thinking of track lists and the order in which you want someone to hear your story takes a lot of work." Y/N laughed lightly.

"Alright," James turned to the camera. "We're gonna take a quick break and when we come back," he looked mischievously at Y/N. "Y/N and I are gonna play a game."

"Oh goody." Y/N sighed, gaining a few laughs as the outro music played.

During the break, a couple stylists came over to touch up their makeup.

A few techs came out to move some things around and set up the table for Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts.

"Are you ready?" James asked as they say across from each other at the table.

Eight different dishes sat in front of them, each with two small portions.

"Not even a little a bit."

"I promise it's not too bad." He laughed. "Just answer the questions."

"Easier said than done."

"True." Another laugh.

Once the cameras started rolling again, James introduced the game and explained the rules.

He was going to ask Y/N two questions and she was to ask him two questions. If either chose not to answer one of them, they had to eat the food chosen for them.

Spinning the table, James rattled off the names.

"We've got hot sauce, a giant water scorpion, a sardine smoothie, pig flesh meat jelly, bird saliva, herring rollmop—"

"A what?"

"Herring rollmop. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but don't smell it."

Y/N grimaced and nodded, letting James continue.

"The trusty old bull's penis, and a 1000 year old egg." The audience groaned in disgust. "Okay, Y/N, you're gonna ask me the first question. So, pick something you would like me to eat if I don't answer the question."

"Hmm," Y/N looked at all the dishes, before deciding on one. "The giant water scorpion looks good."

"You wanna try it?"

"Nope, that's all you buddy."

The audience laughed.

"Okay." He sighed.

Y/N picked up the card, reading it to herself before reading it aloud. "James," she began. "Which guest on the show has been the biggest jerk?"

James looked down at the scorpion and back up at her. The audience all clamoring for him to answer.

"I mean...I know exactly who it is. And there's no way on earth I'm saying it." And with that he picked up the scorpion and took a rather large bite.

The audience all grimaced, as did Y/N.

"Oh, that is absolutely vile." She held her fist to her mouth as she watched him chew.

"There was, like, a fluid inside it."

"Oh, Jesus."

"Okay, Y/N, I'm gonna give you..." James spun the table. "...the bull penis."

"Come on, dude." She groaned. "Sure, give the lesbian the penis."

The crowd broke into laughter along with James.

"Okay, okay," he silenced the audience and picked up a card. "This is a two parter, okay?"

"Sure."

"You are known as quite the 'play-girl' in Hollywood." Y/N smiled a little. "First, have you kissed more than one celebrity, and if so, who was the worst kisser?"

"Oh, good lord." Y/N sighed, looking down at the bull's penis before.

"Well, we all know you've kissed more then one celebrity, I mean come on." He gestures out his hand. "We've all seen the pictures. So, who was the worst."

Y/N shook her head, scrunching up her nose. She knew the answer, she just didn't know if she really wanted to open that can of worms. Ultimately, thinking of having to explain her answer to Camila later, she picked up a piece of the bull penis and took a bite.

The ews echoed throughout the room.

"Not so bad, huh?"

"Fuck you," she groaned, drinking some water to wash it down. She didn't give a fuck about them having to censor it anymore. She hated this game. "Alright, now you get the pig's flesh meat jelly thing." She spun the table until the weird block of meat was in front of the show's host.

"Okay." He said, ready.

Y/N read the card. "James, you have two sisters, who is your favorite?"

It took a second for the question to really hit him, and once it did, he turned to his producers. "Come on," he laughed. "Who wrote that question." He turned back to the pig jelly. "I do have two sisters, Andrea and Ruth...there is no way on earth I uh—would ever, ever...would say that one of them is a favorite," he picked up the fork. "Because I love them both." James stabbed a corner off and took a bite.

"Oh, my God," Y/N couldn't help the look of disgust that took over. "You just went for it, huh?"

"Oh, you have to."

"God, I want to leave."

"Too bad," he laughed. "One more question."

"Fine," Y/N slouched down in her seat a little more. "Go for it."

"I'm gonna chose the..." he spun the table. "Bird saliva."

"I've never hated anything more than I hate this right now."

He smiled as he read the card. "Y/N, there have been many rumors surrounding who your current muse is for your songs such as hangover cure, bloody valentine, and more."

Y/N sighed, she knew where this was going.

"You have yet to reply to these rumors. However, you did include a silhouette of someone on the back of your album." He reached down and picked up a picture of the back of the physical album. "People believe this is the muse in question. So, Y/N, who is this?"

Y/N fought back a smile as she looked out at the crowd, all of them speaking at once.

Part of her seriously wanted to say it was Camila. But, if she did that, they'd just reshoot and cut that part out. And she'd get in a lot of trouble with her label. That part didn't even bother her too much. What bothered her and kept her from answering truthfully, was the knowledge that Camila would get in even more trouble for it.

So, choosing to play it safe, she answered how she was supposed to.

"That is actually a model, her name is Stella Maxwell, and she was nice enough to let me use her picture for my album art."

"And is she the muse?"

"Well, that wasn't the question, now was it, James?"

"Well, played." He chuckled before turning to the cameras. "And that's Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts!" He turned back to his guest. "Y/N, thank you for being here and suffering with me."

"Didn't really have a choice," she laughed, covering the fact that she seriously meant it.

And not just for the game.

————
(a/n): just a lil reminder, the photos at the top of the stories are always from the date (or around it) or the chapter of the story.
This book sticks with the timeline of the girls (both in the group and out).

Also I watched the Hailey Bieber and Kim Kardashian SYGOFYG episodes for this 🤪

Any guesses on where this is going next 👀

Don't forget to vote
Thanks for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 2.3K 10
Y/N Cabello is the 16 almost 17 year old sister of Camila Cabello, yes as it Camila Cabello from Fifth Harmony. Y/N hasn't seen Camila since her x fa...
75.1K 3.1K 7
Y/N and Lauren are completely and utterly in love, but being famous can take its toll on a relationship. Their time isn't right, according to Y/N, so...
12.7K 411 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...
323K 8.9K 52
Have you ever done things in your past that you wish you could take back. Have you ever met that person that makes you look back at those things and...