Addicted

By MissLynneWrites

She didn't belong to him, and he didn't belong to her. But in that moment they felt everything was as it shou... More

Author's Note
Excerpt
Chapter 1 : In The beginning
Chapter 2: The Interview
Chapter 3: Chemistry
Chapter 4:The Ex-Factor
Chapter 5: Unexpected
Chapter 6: Do I want this?
Chapter 7:The Shift
Chapter 8: Let me kiss you
Chapter 9: Don't Stop
Chapter 10: Wanted
Chapter 11: Claimed
Chapter 12: Between A Rock and A Hard Place
Chapter 13: Triggered
Chapter 14: Decisions
Chapter 15: Bridal Rehearsal
Chapter 16: Moving On
Chapter 17: Can't Let Go
Chapter 18: Mr. O'Connor
Chapter 19: Fear
Chapter 20: Who Is He?
Chapter 21: Promise
Chapter 22: Release
Chapter 23: Contact
Chapter 24: Outing
Chapter 26: Indebted
Chapter 27: Get Your Power Back
Chapter 28: Cold Rain
Chapter 29: Parents
Chapter 30: Good Luck
Chapter 31: Very Good, Kitten

Chapter 25: The Apple

1.2K 75 66
By MissLynneWrites

Jerrod

The sound of glass clinking and light chatter filled the bar. Jerrod downed the last of whiskey in his glass before motioning for another.

He looked up as a figure sat next to him. Looking at the family ring, he didn't look up further as he knew who had sat next to him. Sighing, he rolled his eyes and gave a nod to the bartender as they handed him another cup.

"Billy called me." The deep, stern voice stated.

"I figured." Jerrod responded with a raise of his eyebrows and taking another sip.

"Is this how I raised you?" The man asked, clear disgust in his voice.

"Well, no I guess you didn't father." He took another sip before tipping his head. "You didn't raise me at all."

The man slammed his hand on the bar, gaining the attention of others around them.

"I didn't raise a drunk! You're over here moping around because of some girl! Be a man! Either get what is yours or move the fuck on!"

Jerrod glared into his father's face, not flinching once as his dad drew closer to him.

"I'm not a child anymore old man, you don't scare me with that tone or glare." Jerrod said, taking another sip of his whiskey.

Before he could place his whiskey down, he was yanked up out of his seat, causing the glass to shatter to the floor. He stared into his father's eyes as he held him up by the collar.

"You watch your tongue when you talk to me you ungrateful piece of shit! After everything I've done to protect you! Sober up! You will not embarrass me!" He hissed.

The small crowd gasped as Jerrod shoved him away.

"Protect me?! What did you protect me from? Most of the time I needed protection from you!" Jerrod yelled.

His father, Joseph O'Connor had always handled him with a heavy hand. His dad handled everyone with a heavy hand, his mom included.

The room fell silent as Jerrod's head rocked to the side and he landed straight on his bottom. Being drunk right now was not working in his favor.

Before he could get his baring's, another blow landed on his cheek, causing his body to slump back. Thick blood spewed from his nose and mouth as his head swayed back and forth. He blinked his eyes several times trying to focus when he felt his dad lean his knee into his chest.

He struggled to breathe as he felt his dad lean down to his ear.

"Looks like you still need protected. Either get the little bitch to submit or move on to the next slut." He hissed before standing up.

"Billy, tell Riley to give Jerrod a ride home."

Without a second glance to his son, he turned on his heels and walked out the door.

...
Cassandra

Cassie stayed quiet as she looked around the large dining room. The dinner looked and smelled delicious but Cassie couldn't help but feel this wasn't you're typical business meeting.

The men seated around the table were cold and terrifying. Cassie noticed Ethan and the man at the head of the table talking quietly. She couldn't make out what they were saying to each other but by the tones of their voices, she knew it was serious.

The man, known as Massimo sat at the head of the table, a beautiful blonde sat to the right of him, he introduced her as his wife. She was polite, but distant. Not that Cassie minded, she was distant too.

Outside of Cassie and Massimo's wife, Gianna, there were no more women present.

The man's obsidian eyes locked on hers briefly before he looked back at Ethan and nodded his head.

"What do you think Matt will say?" Ethan asked, this time his tone was normal.

Massimo sighed as he wiped his mouth.

"Well he will more than likely be annoyed." Massimo said with a chuckle. A few of the men joined in, agreeing silently.

"He just got married and took over for dad so he's been a little grumpy. Our business has been getting in the way of his time with his wife you know? Newlyweds." He said with a chuckle.

"I get it. I'm willing to speak with him." Massimo waved him off.

"He'll do it and you know it. You're like family E. But I think it is a good idea for him to meet Cassandra."

Cassie looked up at the sound of her name.

"Meet me? Why?" Cassie asked as she looked to Ethan.

Ethan reached for her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "We will talk about it more later Perle." Ethan said with a kiss to the back of her hand.

Him saying that, didn't put Cassie at ease at all. The more she looked around, the more she realized this was a different type of "business" and the queasy feeling in her stomach grew.

"Is the food alright? You've barely ate anything." Gianna asked with concern.

"No, I'm sorry. The food is great. I just... haven't had an appetite lately."

Gianna nodded in understanding.

"Well what about sweets? We have some fresh brownies and ice cream." Gianna said with a knowing smile.

Cassie smirked and nodded her head. Gianna clasped her hands together giddily and asked the servers to bring in the desert.

Cassie moaned slightly as the taste of rich fudge and vanilla ice cream reached her tongue. If there was one thing she couldn't resist, it was chocolate.

Before she knew it, her brownie and ice cream was gone, she looked down at her plate with a slight pout.

"We have more." Gianna said with a laugh.

"No, that was fine. I just can't believe I ate it that fast." Cassie jumped when one of the servants came up behind her to grab her plate.

"Sorry miss. I didn't mean to startle you."

Cassie simply nodded before feeling Ethan swipe his thumb over the back of her hand.

She looked around the table again, wondering why the other men had not spoken. Outside of side conversations, no one jumped into the conversations between Ethan and Massimo.

Massimo stood after whispering something to his wife, he turned to Ethan.

"Is it okay if we take this to my study?" Ethan nodded and grabbed Cassie's hand as he helped her up.

Once in his study, Massimo took a seat behind his desk and pulled out a stack of papers.

"You understand Ethan, if we go after him, we are taking a huge risk. Yes, we have some cops in our pocket but O'Connor will not be easy to bring down.

Cassie stiffened at the mention of Jerrod. 'So this is what all of this is about. How will they take him down?' she thought to herself.

"You're planning to go after Jerrod?" Cassie asked staring at Ethan.

"I have to Liebling, you're not safe."

"Are you planning to kill him?" Cassie asked softly. 

Ethan shared a look with Massimo but they both remained quiet. That was all the answer Cassie needed. 

"Ethan-" 

"It will be the last reso-" Cassie motioned with her hand for him to stop talking. 

"I want to go home." She said and walked out of the study.

...

Ethan

"Go after her. I'll wait for you." Massimo stated as he leaned back in his chair.

"Cassie!" Ethan called out as he jogged to catch up with her.

She didn't turn around but Ethan was in arms reach of her as he gently pulled her arm. She stopped walking but didn't turn around.

"Cassie-"

"You can't touch him." She whispered.

Ethan turned Cassie to face him. Lifting her chin, his frown deepened at the tears falling down her cheeks.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Jerrod's dad... he's just as evil. Worse even, you hurt Jerrod and his dad will come for me and my family. He still has his claws in my dad."

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.' Ethan thought to himself, but now, he had even more questions.

He was even more confused now. He could not fathom being around someone who's son had did such horrid things to his daughter. Add the fact that his dad protected him through it. It was hard to understand. He wanted to ask, but he wasn't sure if it was the right time.

"That's why I called Massimo and we will be meeting with his brother sometime this week." Ethan reasoned. Cassie shook her head.

"Ethan." She breathed. "Thank you for trying to help. But my families safety is most important. I-"

"And what about your safety?" Ethan asked as he moved closer.

Cassie didn't see those last messages. He was threatening her life. He needed to go away and we all knew the system was not working with us.

"Cassie, Massimo and his brother's can help you. Let them, please."

"I just want to go home." She pleaded. She felt so broken, she didn't know what to do.

"E it's okay. Take her home, I will let you know when Matty is free." Massimo said, walking out of his study.

Ethan nodded and turned to Cassie, gripping her hand he led her to the front door.

"Oh and E, you were right about Lauren. She hired Richard, he's good, but she didn't realize the history Richard has with us. He won't reveal anything."

Ethan nodded and led Cassie out the door. She gave him A questioning look but he kept his gaze ahead as he led her to the car.

Dealing with Jerrod was enough. Informing her of Lauren's suspicion would only add more stress. He silently helped her into the car before getting in the driver's seat and heading back to his penthouse.

.
.
.

Thank you for reading! Let me know your thoughts!
Vote. Comment. Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 3.7K 43
๐Œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐’๐จ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
157K 14.3K 15
๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ "๐‘๐ž๐ ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ: ๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ง๐" ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๏ฟฝ...
467K 3.5K 29
"Open up, Eve." His voice was deep, yet velvety like silk. "Wider, I want to fuck you in every single hole till all you can remember is my name." He...