"I Know You Like Me" ( Aratak...

By kundere_artist

Y/n keadehara, the youngest sibling of the keadehara clan, was on the run from the vision hunt decree. Instea... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

2

163 3 3
By kundere_artist

__◇__

Itto continued to carry me when we eventually escaped from the vision hunt decree.

"Itto. Could you put me down now?" I asked in calm manner but I was kind of scared that he was kidnapping me. I mean I just met him, so wouldn't you be scared if an oni that you just met, pick you up and throwed you ontop of there shoulder.

"No way! Your hurt! And-!" He suddenly screamed into my ear causing them to ring.

'Ow. Does he need to scream in my ear?' I thought.

"I know that. But could you put me down. I won't run from you I just... I need to walk" I told him.

'I can't say it. I can't say this is a little embarrassing. Ok it's really embarrassing. It's not cause he's an oni even if he was human, it would be embarrassing. Being carried by someone like this... is embarrassing. I am a samurai. We need to act like we're strong. That's what dad said at least.'

"Hmmm...no, I'm not putting you down... unless you stop talking so stiff"

"Stiff?" I repeated what he said.

"Yeah. Its like.... let me think... like... your not being your self, I guess."

" not myself? What is myself? I'm not even sure how to begin with that." I told him looking away.

"Hm? Its easy just act natural!" Itto said grinning ear to ear at me.

"Act natural?..." I said hold my hand up to my chin in a thinking position." I don't think I can. Last time I acted normal... was in front of tomo, i think."

"Tomo? Who's that?" Itto asked me.

"Tomo is-... he's not important right now" I quickly said before I let anything slip.

"Aww come on, you where finally opening up to me!" Itto cryed out.

"What do you mean 'finally?" I asked.

"Hm. Well you've been pretty quiet this whole time. It has been a while since we escaped from miss kujou tengu herself, and you hadn't spoken a word to me since"

'Kujou tengu? Does he mean Sara?' I thought.

"Thats-... just put me down! I know I didn't act like 'myself ' but... this is really embarrassing. You know... carrying me like this. So just-Ahhh!" I suddenly screamed when he lifted me up again and put me down on the ground.

He then let go of my waist and started laughing, causing me to be confused.

"There that wasn't so hard! Hahaha!"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked tilting my head at him.

"You just acted like... well, you! I can't exactly explain it , but you didn't seem like you where talking stiff and robot like right there. So... Well done!" He praised me as he put his free hand through my hair, messing it up. While he was still carrying his unconscious men in his other hand.

"Hey! Stop that!" I said slapping his hand away from me as I could feel my cheeks turning pink.

"Whyyyy?!" He said in a whiney tone.

"Have you ever heard of boundaries before? Jeez" I said crossing my arms but suddenly got a shot of pain up my arm due to my injury. But I tryed not to show the pain on my face.

"Boundaries? No?" He said as he sounded serious.

"Are you for real? Well it's like not getting to close to someone if they feel uncomfortable, I guess" I explained.

"Uncomfortable? Do I make you feel uncomfortable!?" He question as I could see some small tears appear in the oni's eyes.

As soon as I saw the tears i suddenly felt guilty like i said something wrong.

"It's not that... Well not exactly. It's more like I just met you so I hardly know anything about you." I replied hoping that he'd calm down from my words.

"Ahhh... I see... then we'll just have to hangout or something" he said as he continued to grin at me as the tears in his eyes quickly disappeared.

I looked at him confusedly ," hangout? I don't think I can do that. Especially with the vision hunt decree- " I told him.

"I don't care. I want to hangout with you cause your my new friend. Psh- The vision hunt decree isn't going to stop me from hangout with a friend, I won't let them!" He said proudly.

"Friend?..." I looked at him in shock that he would so quickly disided to call me his friend just like that. " how can you just call me your friend so quickly?" I asked him.

"Hm what do you mean? I want to be friends with you, so your my friend, do I really need a reason?"

'Huh? This guy... is kind of weird. But it's kind of refreshing considering it's been a while since I met someone who wasn't trying to hunt me down and give me to the shogun'

"... I'm not a very good friend- " I said as i cut myself of from saying anymore.

'My last friend is dead after all. I couldn't possibly be a good friend'

"Hm? Why do you say that? I think your an amazing friend already. I mean you saved me and my boys, right? So you must be a kind person!" Itto said grinning at me with his eyes closed.

My eyes widened when I heard his words.
I then turned my head from him and quietly said," thank you" as I could feel my ears turn red.

I then continued to follow itto. I didn't question where he was taking me, I didn't even think to. I just followed him until he stopped at an old house.

It looked like it had been abandoned like no one has lived in it in decades. Some of the windows where smashed and you could see holes in the walls. It would probably get cold at night if you slept in there in its current state.

"Welcome to the great arataki gangs temporality hideout!" Itto happily said introducing the old house infront of us.

"Temporality?"

"Well we had a better hide out before but we had to abandon it thanks to the vision hunt decree "

"Ah" I replied telling him I understood.

Itto then opened the door to the old house causing the door to loudly squeak open.

We then headed in.

"Shinobu! You here!!" Itto called out

I looked around the room we where standing in and the inside didn't look any better then the outside.

It was clean though despite all the scratches and dents in the furniture.

Itto put some of his men down on what looked to be a couch and the rest of them where made to sleep on some futons next to the couch.

"Phew. It doesn't seem she's here thank the archons!" Itto said in relief.

"She?" I questioned tilting my head.

"Oh. Shinobu is my second in command. She's really smart and she gets us out of jail, so she's a big help. But... I really don't want to make her mad. She can be scary. Especially if she heard I got my vision stolen."

"Is she really that bad?"

"Well Yeahhhh! Here's some advice from your new friend! Don't make her mad what ever you do" he said bend down to my eye level and pointed at me.

"Righttt..." I said looking away in disbelief

'She can't be that bad, right? Although what do I know I haven't met her'

"Ow..." I quietly said as I felt the pain in my arm get worse.

Itto must of heard me, cause he came closer to me in a panic," what's wrong?"

"It's... nothing. Just the scratch on my arm that's all" I told him hoping he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But he suddenly took my hand that was hiding my wound.

He suddenly gasped, " a little scratch!? Yeah right it's gotten wayyyy worse then before!!" He yelled.

I looked down at my arm and my eyes widen. It was such a little wound when I had received it . How did it get to this point?

My wound had opened up so much the blood was coming out faster then before.

I looked up at itto and saw that he was crying.

" itto are you- gah!" I started but he suddenly lifted me up bridle style.

"I won't let you die y/n. I w-won't! I think there's bandages in the next room." He said running into the room he was talking about.

Once into the next room he put me down.

He then looked into some boxes that where sitting in the corner of the room.

As I watched him throwing things out of the boxes while looking for the bandages I started thinking to myself,' did he really think I was going to die from this?... he's... a really kind person. Its been a while since I met someone like him. Either that or he's not very smart'

"Ah! I found it!!" Itto suddenly screamed making me snap out of my thoughts as he holded the bandages up in the air.

He then came over to me with a big smile on his face.

"Can I put it on? You said something about boundaries earlier, so..."

"It's... fine" I simply said letting go of my arm with my other hand. I knew this wasn't the time to be picky, plus I don't feel like itto is going to betray me anytime soon.

I looked up and itto's eyes where sparkling.

"Um what is it?" I asked him cause he seemed a little too excited.

"It's just... you let me into your boundary is all. So you must see me as a friend now, right?"

"I'm not sure. We could become friends over time. But considering I just met you-"

"Ah! I should put the bandage on before you bleed to death!!" He yelled inturupting me.

He then wrapped the bandage around my arm.

'Why didn't I just say, no we can't be friends? I can't be friends with someone, not right now at least I'd just... cause them trouble. I'd like to but... '

"There! I bet you haven't had a bandage as neatly tide as this one before!" Itto proudly said with his hands on his hips and this look on his face that just said that he was wanting a complement.

I looked down at my arm to see the bandage was actually really loosely tide around my arm and the knot wasn't exactly neat or secure.

I looked up at him and that big grin on his. I felt like if I told him the truth that he might start crying so I lied to him a little.

"Yeah. Your right I haven't" I nodded with a straight face.

"See! I told you hahaha!" Itto said turning his back to me as he walked out of the room.

While he wasn't looking I quickly fixed the bandage so it wouldn't fall off.

I then quickly followed behind him but he suddenly stopped making me hit my head on his back.

"Ouch. W-why did you stop?" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"Shinobu! Heyyyy!" Itto awkwardly said rubbing the back of his head ignoring me.

I stepped out from behind itto and stood next to him.

Infront of us was a girl with green hair and purple eyes. But what stood out the most about her was the mask around her mouth.

She looked over at itto who was giving her the most awkwardly smile I've ever seen.

"Boss who's- wait what happened to your vision?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

Itto suddenly grabbed his chocker to try and hide the missing vision.

"W-what do you mean? Oh and this is y/n, she's my new fri-" itto started but suddenly stopped once he saw the glare in shinobu's eyes.

"Boss could I have a word with you. Alone" She said before grabbing him by his clothes dragging him into the room we where just in and slammed the door behind her.

I gulped. 'Itto was right about her. I better follow his advise'

"Hey! W-wait a minute!!" I heard itto scream in the room behind me before I heard a loud punch noise.

"I really shouldn't ever get on her bad side" I mumbled to myself as a drop of sweat ran down my cheek.

I let out a sigh to relief myself.

'I should go. Before I cause any trouble to them' I thought then heard the door open behind me.

I glanced behind my shoulder and saw Shinobu with itto who now had a big bump ontop of his head.

"Owww" itto said rubbing his head.

"Um... I should go now. Thank you for wrapping up my injury itto" I thanked him with a straight face bowing my head at them. I then turned around and was about to head to the door but itto suddenly ran infront of the door stopping me from leaving.

"You can't leave! What about the vision hunt decree? Won't you get caught if you-"

"Itto. I've been running from them for longer then I'd hoped I'd be. I'll be fine. Plus I don't want to make things harder for you and your gang." I said speaking over him in a calm tone.

Itto eyes suddenly got watery like he was about to cry again. Once I noticed I felt as if I couldn't disobey him, it's like no matter what, I couldn't say no to him.

"... hm your y/n Kaedehara, right?" Shinobu suddenly said taking my eyes of itto and at her instead.

"Yeah? That's right" I replied.

"Wait Shinobu, do you know y/n?" Itto said just as surprised as I was to hear my name come out of her mouth.

"No. Not personally. But I've seen her on a wanted poster is all. They want you dead, right?"

"...Yeah. I won't go into details but I saw something I wasn't supposed to and now the all mighty shogun wants me dead. That's exactly why I can't stay here if I did you all might be a target to." I explained to her.

She nodded in understanding and was about to speak again but then two big arms wrapped around me from behind.

I looked up to see itto hugging me as tears ran down his face.

"Y/n!! I don't want you to die!" He cryed out.

My face suddenly went bright red once I realised he was hugging me. It's been so long since someone hugged me, actually the only 2 people who have ever hugged me is my brother, kazuha and tomo.

Shinobu let out an annoyed sigh at itto but continued to speak to me regardless," I understand how you feel and why your doing what your doing. But, I think it would be better if you stayed here. Even if this place is broken down at least its better then sleeping outside, plus if the vision hunt decree comes I'm sure we'll do everything to make sure they don't take you away. Not to mention, I don't think Boss will let you leave without stopping you"

'She... is right' I thought looking up at itto as he was still crying.

I let out a sigh," fine. I'll stay... but only for a week. If I stayed any longer then that i don't think I would forgive myself for letting you all get dragged into my problems"

"That's fine" Shinobu said, understanding my conditions.

I then felt itto squeezing me tighter," your staying! I'm so happy!!" He yelled as I felt like I couldn't breathe

Like on impulse I grabbed my sword putting it up to itto's throat, itto's eyes widen and he let me go once he knew what was happening.

Once I realised myself what I was doing I lowered my sword," sorry I must of done that without thinking."

I then put my sword away.

"Y/n, you don't have to answer this, but what exactly do you do?" Shinobu asked me.

"Hm? I'm a samurai. Although I guess I'm a runaway samurai because of the vision hunt decree" I pondered

"A samurai! That's so cool!!" Itto yelled as his eyes began to sparkle.

"I see. So that's why you acted like that." Shinobu said nodding like she understood while she ignored itto's excitesness.

Itto looked at her confusedly like he didn't understand at all, but he then said " yeah totally! so that's why you acted like that!hahaha- uh acted like what?"

Shinobu sighed in annoyance but then explained," I ment keadehara-chan has probably been through some tough training. I imagine she tryed to attack you on impulse, right?" She turned to me.

"Yes. Your completely right. Although could you just call me y/n ,  I'm not in any clan anymore so you don't need to be polite."

"Alright, y/n" Shinobu said getting used to calling me by my first name.

I then stretched my arm as a cracking sound was heard when I did so.
"I'm going to take a break in the next room. If you need anything from me just call and I'll come." I told them as I headed into one of the rooms.

Itto p.o.v

Once y/n had left I wanted to go with her. But Shinobu stopped me. She said that y/n probably had a long day and told me not to disturb her until dinner was ready.

It had been a couple hours and during that time my boys had woken up. Shinobu ended up yelling at them for letting me go out while the vision hunt decree was still happening.

Afterwards I ended up playing a card game with them as we waited for dinner.

It was Shinobu's turn to cook tonight. Although I wish it was mine. I want to make something for y/n for saving us.

Everyone in the gang loves my cooking. They always finish there plates no matter what it is.

Oh well there's always next time.

Shinobu called on me as we were sitting in a circle on the floor.

"Hey boss. Go call on y/n for dinner" She told me.

"Hm, well we're kind of in the middle of-"

"Don't lie to me. I know you're already out. Just do what I say" She told me glaring at me.

"Y-yes ma'am" I quickly said jumping up from the floor and quickly rushed off to the room y/n was in.
I didn't want to see Shinobu's bad side for the second time today.

I opened the door and noticed the light wasn't on. It was pitch black. Nothing but the moon shinning into the room through the broken window.

I saw y/n sitting on the floor leaning on one of the walls.

She seemed to be fast asleep.

She looked really peaceful, I almost didn't want to wake her up. But if I don't Shinobu would get mad at me.

I walked towards her getting ready to shake her awake but I then noticed something in her half closed, half open hand.

It looked like a necklace. It had a picture of 3 people smiling on the end of the necklace.

One of the people I recognise. It was y/n of course, but she looked slightly younger. She had a small smile on her face.

'I just realised, I haven't seen her smile this untire time' I thought.

The 2nd person looked kind of like y/n. He was slightly taller then her and had white cream-ish hair with a red streak.

The 3rd person was a lot taller then them both. he had blonde hair that was tied up in a high ponytail. He had a big small on his face as he had both of his hands on y/n and the 2nd person's shoulders, so all 3 of them would fit in the photo.

I just met y/n, so of course I don't know much about her. But seeing this makes me want to learn more about her.

"Did she fall asleep?" Shinobu said startling me.

I quickly turned around to see her standing between the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Wake her up, I've already set the table we're just waiting on you two now"

I nodded as I shook y/n awake.

It didn't take her long to wake up.

"Itto?" She mumbled in her half asleep sate.

She then looked down like she felt her necklace in her hand. Her eyes shot open and she quickly closed her hand and put it into a pocket.

"Did you need something?" She asked pretending she didn't just shove her necklace back into her pocket at lightning speeds.

I glanced behind me to see that Shinobu had disappeared.

"It's dinner time. So Shinobu asked me to get you, come on!" I cheerfully said to her then gently took her arm pulling her to her feet in one pull.

I walked out of the room with her behind me. I glanced over my shoulder as I was about to say something to her but then I saw the look on her face.

She seemed startled as she was looking at her arm where my hand was.

Her cheeks where a little pink. I suddenly felt my heart squeeze at the look she was making.

'Weird...' I thought confused by this new feeling in my heart.

She seemed to calm herself down and quickly looked the other way from me.

I did the same by looking forwards again. I then saw the gang sitting on the table while the table was all set, just like how Shinobu said.

Ignoring that strange feeling, I ate with y/n and the rest of the gang.

Time skip

While eating I found out y/n had never played a card game before.

She asked if someone could teach her so of course, I volunteered.

Everyone else disided to head to bed after a while. It must of been near midnight and I was still teaching y/n tcg.

"And that does that. Do you get it?" I asked her as we where sitting beside eachother on the floor.

She nodded," I think so. So it's mostly about luck and strategie. Hm" She said to herself.

"You know. I'm surprised you've never played a card game before. Actually no matter played but you never even knew what a card game was. Did you ever play anything as a kid?" I asked her.

"That's..." y/n said then sighed as she continued," I wasn't really brought up like a normal kid. When I was little I used to get jealous of other kids cause they could play and I couldn't. But I just got used to it after a while."

"Really? You didn't get to play at all?!"

"No... my father forced me to train the art of the sword everyday. As soon as I could walk infact. So he never allowed me to... Oh! that doesn't mean I hate him for bringing me up that way. I actually loved my dad very much. I guess I wished I could've done things like this when I was younger "

I felt really bad after hearing her open up to me a little. It sound like her childhood was kind of ruff. So was mine, I aways wanted to play with the other kids but because I am an oni they treated me differently. But thanks to granny-oni I had fun with her instead. But y/n never had the choice to have fun like that.

"Did he make you train to become the next leader of your clan? Is that how it works?"

Y/n let out another sigh," no. I have an older brother. He would've been next to be the heir of the keadehara clan. Honestly it's unfair that I still had to train despite that I was never going to be the heir of the clan. But at the same time if I didn't I would of died so much sooner if I didn't know how to fight against the vision hunt decree."

So that guy that looks like y/n, must be her brother. So...who was the other guy?

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make things so glumly. Forgive me" She said giving a small bow.

"Y/n your being stiff again. Lighten up, those things where in the past. While your with the gang you can play as much as you want here. Let's see, you can play tcg, beatle  fighting or anything else you want to play. Just name it!" I said given her a grin hoping that she'll cheer up.

"Anything?... I'll think about it over night. Thank you Itto." She told me but even though her voice sounded happy she didn't smile.

'I wish she would smile. Mabey something happened to her? That it. I'm going to make her smile no matter what! Then she'll want to stay with the gang for a while longer!' I thought trying to think of a plan.

I then heard the door creak open," you two are still awake?"

I looked over to see Shinobu at her rooms door.

Shinobu has her own room while me and the boys have to sleep in another room together.

She said it was cause we're a different gender to her. But shouldn't the boss get his own room?

"Sorry shinobu, did we wake you?" Y/n asked her turning her body towards her.

"No. Not at all. I needed to get some water. But you two should go to bed soon."

"Yeah, your right it is getting late" y/n said nodding in agreement as she stood up.

Shinobu then suggested that y/n should sleep in her room, which she agreed to.

Y/n said goodnight to me before heading into the room.

I felt happy that she opened up to me a little bit.

Despite not even knowing her for a day I feel like we're going to become great friends.
now I have a goal while she's staying with us. To see y/n smile at least once!

__◇__

(Word count:4377)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.3K 27
Following the events of Amane's suicide,he finds himself met with total darkness. The only he is able to sense is a voice telling him to "apologize f...
1.3M 62.2K 47
COMPLETED • There is no better way to describe you than a doll, living to please your owner. At the age of 11, Mori took you in from an orphanage and...
394 84 6
So this is my digital art book , i m in leaning phase 😁, all the arts in the book done by me . cover is done by me too . Thanks fr the visit hope u...
235K 11.8K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...