12

Kanami p.o.v

"Well, that's simple. Kanami is my fiancé" ayato told them as we both stood outside the door of the temporary arataki gang base.

Once ayato said that, I looked at everyone else. They all looked shocked. Well, everyone but Itto. He looked like he wanted to run away and go cry.

"Don't lie. We're not, and will never be like that, ayato, " I angrily told him, crossing my arms.

"A lie? Well, it's not a lie, isn't it?"

I rolled my eyes. I knew technically it wasn't a lie. Well, it's not a complete one.

"Kanami, can you please explain." Shinobu said as she seemed confused by our conversation.

I nodded," Alright. Well, it's true that at one point, I and this guy were engaged at one point. But... have you ever heard of arranged marriages?" I asked.

Shinobu nodded her head as the rest of the gang looked confused.
"So you were forced to get engaged with ayato because of your family?"

"Yeah, that's right. But we're not engaged anymore. You see, my dad and I had an agreement that if I stayed engaged with him for a year and I didn't feel anything towards him, then the wedding would be cancelled. And as you can see, I never feel for a guy like him." I said, pointing at ayato in discuss.

"Come now. It wasn't all that bad, was it?" Ayato said, smiling at me.

"It was!" I replied with an unhappy look on my face.

"Come now. What's with the sour face? You always seem to make that face whenever I'm around. Do you hate me that badly?"

"Yes." I quickly said without hesitation.

Ayato seemed upset at my words, but I honestly couldn't care less. I've never liked him. Me and him are completely opposites.

When I first met him, I tried to get along with him but quickly started hating him when he kept giving me weird food. Not to mention, he kept making fun of my height, among other things.
I can never understand what he's truly thinking, I feel like I can't trust him.

Although people used to tell us that if we teamed up in a fight, we would be unstoppable. Maybe cause we have the same vision element or something?

"Kanami, you don't have to answer this, but when you both were engaged, did you... you know. Go on dates?" Shinobu asked me, but before I could say anything, ayato spoke over me again.

"Of course we did. I had to try and make her like me some way." He said, putting his arm around me, but I felt really annoyed with him when he did.

It's weird. Itto puts his arm around me like this all the time, and I feel nothing. I don't get annoyed or angry when he does this, but as soon as it's ayato... I get this enraged feeling buring up inside of me.

"Although we did have to kiss and hold hands in front of our parents."

Once he mentioned that, I elbowed his stomach with my elbow.

"Get. Of" I coldly said, and he let go.

"Am I not allowed to mention that?"