Arnav... I'm Arnav

By ThE_nAtUrE_pro

Life is always unpredictable.. When you thought you were the most blessed person on the planet with the most... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Character sketch
Part 1: Arnav's thoughts
Part 2: An Unknown Pull
Part 3: Khushi's entry
Part 4: Khushi's fight with RAAKSHAS
Part 5: Arnav's decision
Part 6: A different Khushi
Part 7: THIEF
PRECAP
Part 8: A new hope
Part 9: A little longer
Part 10: Complain
Part 11: Plan Backfired
Part 12: It's Time
Part 13: Humdard
Part 14: PAPA
Part 15: Deal!!
Part 16: A new beginning
Part 17: For Him
Part 18: Warrior
Part 19: Arnav
Part 21: GF & BF
Mujhe Pyaar hua tha!
Part 22
Part 23

Part 20 : Khushi!

3.2K 269 155
By ThE_nAtUrE_pro

After having his dinner silently, He was about to sleep when he heard the sound of the bell ringing. He looked up to see the clock.

''11:49! Who can come at this time? '' Arnav thought..

...........................................

Arnav was curious to know who came to their house so late at night but he didn't go out as he didn't want his mumma to get angry seeing him outside.

He heard some noise from outside so he got up and sat on his floor bed.

Then he heard few hurried footsteps toward his room. He became more curious. Who might have came and was now coming toward his room.

"Can it be khushi?'' He wondered.

The next second the door opened and he was surprised to find His principal madam standing there with a big bucket of flowers. He tried to stand up but before he could, Anvesah sat down on the floor not minding about the dirt. She didn't hesitate and sat there as if it was very normal for him to stay in a store room and whatever she was seeing were normal.

Anvesha Singh Rajput (hope you guys remember her. Her story is mentioned in part 11)

And he knew why she didn't hesitate. All because of only one person and that person couldn't be anyone other than khushi. Khushi was behind all this. He knew it. He just knew.  She must have told everything about his situation to Ma'am beforehand. No one but him could make his situation look normal in anyone's eyes.

Anvesha kissed his forehead lovingly and caressed his head.

''I'm so proud of you dear. You have done an excellent job. You have made us proud.'' She said still caressing his hear.

Arnav couldn't look up. He had tears in his eyes. He so wanted to hear something like this from his family members but they didn't care about him or his fillings but here an outsider came to congratulate him not minding about the time and situation.

''Hey, Arnav! look up. Beta you don't have to feel bad. We will be always there for you. You don't have to worry about anything. From now on you will always have me by your side.. okay? '' Anvesha tried to assure him.

''Thank.. you... Ma'am..'' Arnav managed to thank her in his overwhelmed state.

''Off hoo. Don't call me maam now. I'm not that old. I'm still young from heart. '' she laughed and Arnav also joined her.

He hadn't talked with any elder people apart from HP so was little hesitant with Anvesha and Anvesha noticed it.

''Arnav, I think now you know that I know everything about you dear. And I don't think you should stay here anymore. Come with me..'' Anvesha said with a longing look on her eyes.

Arnav looked at her in surprise. He never thought Anvesha would offer something like this. He was not prepared to hear something like this. Not from her not from anyone.

''MA..AM..'' He tried to object but Anvesha stopped him.

''Please beta. You already know I have no one to call mine. And same with you. Although you have a namesake family but they don't value you beta. I will always treasure you. I will give you all the love of the world. You please come with me.'' Anvesha almost pleaded seeing his condition.

''I'm sorry Ma..am. but I.... I ca.. can't.'' Arnav rejected her offer.

Anesha was shocked but still manage to ask ''why?''

''For Papa. He asked me to look after his wife. Although she hates me now but she showered me with love in my childhood.   Circumstances made her seal hearted but I can't do the same to her. After all she... She is my mumma..''

Anvesha smiled sadly at the maturity level of the little boy sitting in front of her. It was hard to find a boy like him in today's world.

''Okay. I'm keeping quite for now but if things get worse I won't listen to you anymore and took you with me.''

Arnav stayed silent.

''Okay. Now don't be upset otherwise someone else will scold me for making her friend sad''

''Khushi'' Arnav instantly mentioned Khushi's name.. ''she.. is she here?'' Arnav asked excitedly.

''Yes. Do you think she can get any sleep tonight without meeting you?''

''Where is she? She should have come inside with you.'' Arnav said while getting up from the floor. Anvesha also got up and accompanied him outside the room.

They both started walking towards the front door.

''But there is a problem Arnav!'' Anvesha said nervously.

''What Ma'am!'' Asked Arnav confused...

''She...''

''Hp, who came?'' They heard Ratna's voice. She came there and stood not knowing what to tell.

Anvesha got a perfect opportunity to say something to this cruel lady.

''Hello Ratna Ji. Finlay I got a chance to meet you. I was so curious to see the mother of this excellent boy.'' Anvesha said caressing Arnav's head but Arnav didn't dare to look up and Ratna stood silently without any expression on her face.

''You must be very proud today. Your son did so well. We all are overjoyed. Hope, you guys aren't planning any celebration tomorrow. As I have organized a small party at my house tomorrow for Arnav's success. You all please come tomorrow.''

But Ratna didn't say anything in response.

''I will be waiting for you all. Come Arnav.'' Anesha went from there taking Atnav with her.

....................

When Arnav and Anvesha reached outside Khushi had dozed off on the back seat of the car. Why wouldn't she? She was exhausted, both mentally and physically.

Arnav was disappointed as he didn't get a chance to talk to her but nevertheless he didn't want to disturb her sleep. So, he looked at her longingly and silently thanked her for coming into his life.

The car rushed out but Arnav
stood there looking at the direction the car went.

..................................

When Arnav woke up the next day he wasn't sure if what happened yesterday was real or he just woke up from a dream.

He searched under his mattress and found the medal he had won yesterday. So, yeah. It wasn't any dream. He indeed did something good for Khushi. He smiled remembering her. She must be very excited and today she won't leave him easily. None can stop her rajdhani express (mouth) today. He was secretly waiting to hear her. That was his favorite thing to do. Quietly listening to whatever she chatter.

He happily got ready for school and left from home.

When he entered inside the school campus he was baffled seeing all the hustle-bustle there. As, if everyone was decorating the school for some kind of festival.

A girl noticed him first and started shouting..

''Arnav... Arnav is here..''

Everyone started gathering around him. So much attention was not he wanted. He was never an attention lover. He felt like hiding himself somewhere where they wouldn't find him ever.

He just prayed somehow Khushi came there and took him away from this crowd.

Everyone was asking him various questions and he stood there all silent. He couldn't believe that these people were the same people who didn't dare to look at him for a minute and now they were acting as if he was some celebrity whom they wanted to take him with themselves.

Zoya comes there to rescue him and somehow manages to pull him out of the crowd.

''So, Mr. Celebrity how are s you feeling?'' Zoya asked teasingly.

Arnav just couldn't believe how on earth these two girls never leave a opportunity to irritate him or more to say make fun of him. Indeed Zoya and Khushi both were some rab ne banadi wali Jodi (God made pair)

''Where is Khushi?'' All he wanted to know about Khushi's whereabout.

''In classroom'' Zoya's reply was to the point not giving him any extra information.

''What is she doing inside? I thought she would be the first one to come running to me.'' Arnav said all confused.

''Hmm. Because she doesn't want to come out.'' Zoya replied.

''Is she okay! Hope she didn't injure
herself in her volunteering workload'' Arnav said and hurriedly went to the direction of their classroom.

When he entered inside the classroom everyone became silent. As they still knew this Arnav was not very polite with everyone. Though most of them wanted to talk to him but they stayed quite.

Arnav noticed Khushi sitting in her usual seat. He hurried over to her before anyone else could block his way. He sat beside her and finally... finally she looked at him with her ever so bright smile which could melt anyone's heart.

'Hay! Tum theek ho?( You ok)?'' Was his first question.

Khushi happy nodded her head and hugged him. Both wanted to engulf each other since yesterday but things kept happening and they didn't get a chance to do so. They don't want to miss out on the opportunity now.

They stayed in the hug for few minutes without saying anything. Words weren't needed that time. All they needed was each other without any hassle. Their classmates also let them have their moment without disturbing them as they all know how important Khushi was to Arnav. Today they could see a glimpse of the old Arnav they had known 2 years back. They hope they would also  get a chance to associate with him as before. Now they had full faith on this pagal (crazy) girl. They knew she could do anything if she wanted.

When they broke their embrace and looked up to see what their classmates were wondering seeing them like this. But to their surprise they got a normal reaction. As everyone seemed busy with one thing or another, not looking at them. They felt relaxed but they very next second they found a grumpy faces Nk and angry looking Aman and Zoya.

''What?'' Arnav snapped watching them with those weird faces.

''What! What Nannav..! Tumne hume awara (paraya) kar diya. Hum toh aab tumhari saans (khas) wali dost nahi rehe ha. Khushi ko hi sare hugs do.'' Nk complained with his not so good hindi.

''You should read the Hindi book first before thinking of hugging me.'' Arnav replied with his strain expression but who was he kidding with. Now no one got scared of his scary look as they knew when Khushi was there nothing to fear. Not even a laad governor like Arnav.

''Arnav, you can't behave like this with us. We also need a hug. Not one but we need a group hug.'' Suggesting that both 3 of them hugged (sorry almost crushed) Arnav and Khushi.

When they weren't showing any symptoms of moving back Arnav had to interfere.

''Enough with your group hug. Now leave us. You guys are almost crushing us with all your weights.'' Arnav almost shouted and finally those three monkeys left them.

Arnav looked at Khushi's messy hair and then tried to brush it gently with his fingers.

Khushi looked at him with amusement witnessing the caring side of him. She knew that he always cared for her but he never showed it openly.But things were changing. Weren't they?

''Ahem. Ahem.'' Aman faked a cough.

Arnav looked at him annoyed.

''Zoyaaa?'' Aman called Zoya dramatically

''Haaan Aman.'' Zoya too replied giving extra stress to each words.

''I think we should open a parlor. Now that we have a celebrity beautician with us. What say?'' Aman asked seriously

''I also think so.'' Zoya too replied seriously.

''But hume dukan kon dega parlor ke liye? Aur upar se kitna sara makeup bhi kharidna hoga. Na baba na. Main nahi hu iss me tum logo ke sath.'' (But who will give us shop for the parlor? And how much makeup will have to be bought from this. No dude no. I'm not in this with you guys.''NK clearly rejected the idea making all of them burst into laughter.

''Did I again said anything wrong?'' Nk asked not understanding why they were laughing.

They again laughed. Arnav looked at Khushi who was laughing silently. And something caught his attention.

Why didn't he notice it earlier? His expression turned serious as he asked the next question that silenced everyone As it was time to reveal the truth they tried to hide from him.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

How is it? (Arshi moments were less as I had to mention few more details before I take their part in my hand) hopefully you will get to see some amazing bonding among these friends and obviously lotss of Arshi moments 🥰)

What do you think about Anvesha?
(I always wanted Arnav to have a mother figure so had planned to place Anvesha in that role) what do you think?

Again, what do you think everyone was hiding from Arnav?

Last but not the least, the next update might be delayed as my finals are starting from 2nd September.

Krity🤍
24.08.22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 3.8K 42
Life's not as similar as for everyone. It gives happiness for a few and sadness for a few. It GIVES everything for a few and SNATCHES everything from...
617K 9.2K 21
What if Arnav uses Khushi for his revenge? What if he throws Khushi out after using her? What if he meets her three years later and gets the biggest...
111K 3.7K 7
Khushi is a 21 year old girl and Arnav is a 28 year old man. Arnav sees Khushi as a sister of his friend, however, all Khushi ever sees is Arnav...sh...
72.8K 3.5K 15
#3 in ASR as of 20th August 2020 Arnav, Khushi and Anjali are childhood friends. They have been together since Khushi was 5 and now she is 25. 20 ye...