I Hate the Way...

Oleh hm0728

As per request... A Hosie Story, loosely inspired by 'Purple Hearts.' Hope enlisted in the Marines in an atte... Lebih Banyak

Part 2: "Pace Yourself"
Part 3: "Leaving So Soon?"
Part 4: "That's Not Possible"
Part 5: "Must Be Fate."
Part 6: "You're Kidding, Right?"
Part 7: "We're Getting Married."
Part 8: "I Can't Stand You."
Part 9: "I Need a Drink."
Part 10: 'The Proposal Story'
A/N- not an update
Part 11: "I'm With Josie Now."
Part 12: "We Made a Deal."
Part 13: "You're Such a Pervert."
Part 14: "She'll Thank Me Later."
Part 15: "Commando"
Part 16: 'This is Really Happening.'
Part 17: "Lawful Matrimony"
Part 18: "It's Our Honeymoon" 🔞
Part 19: "Come Back Home"
Part 20: "Love, Josie"
Part 21: "Yours Truly, Hope"
Part 22: "Good Morning to You"
Part 23: "That's a Hit"
Part 24: "I'm Drowning in Your Eyes"
Part 25: "You Heard Me" 🔞
Part 26: "Talk to You Soon"
Part 27: "I'm Her Wife"
Part 28: "How Was Your Show?"
Part 29: "I'm So Sorry"
Part 30: "Don't Tempt Me"
Part 31: "I Hate the Way..."
Part 32: "Hold Onto Me"
Part 33: "You're A Good Wife"
Part 34: "Hold Your Breath"
Part 35: "Did You Know?"
Part 36: "You Repulse Me"
Part 37: "You're My Family"
Part 38: "Just For Tonight" 🔞
Part 39: "Five More Minutes"
Part 40: "That's What She Said"
Part 41: "I Miss You..."
Part 42: "You Like Her"
Part 43: "Bloody Hell"
Part 44: "Can I Come In?"
Part 45: 'Nothing New'
Part 46: "Are You Decent?" 🔞
Part 47: "This Can't Be Safe" 🔞
Part 48: "Special Occasion"
Part 49: "Fancy Meeting You Here"
Part 50: "This is my Father"
Part 51: "Join Me"
Part 52: "So You Had Sex?"
Part 53: "How Was It?"
Part 54: "It Was Okay"
Part 55: "Beneath the Crescent Moon"
Part 56: "Whispers of the Past"
Part 57: "Where's Your Wife?"
Part 58: "Promise Me"

Part 1: "Brace Yourself"

2.6K 49 7
Oleh hm0728

This story is loosely inspired by Purple Hearts and, obviously, the TVD universe.

Hope you enjoy : )

———————————

Hope sits at her easel, enjoying the light breeze coming in through the window as she absentmindedly drags her brush across the canvas.

It's a habit she's picked up over the last several years.

Painting and painting, but never completing.

Because she can't see their faces.

They're blurred, blocked out of her memory, kept under lock and key, behind the red door of her subconscious.

After her parents died, she activated her vampire side and shut her humanity off, all in a matter of hours.

She went on a rampage, a killing spree, though she doesn't remember any of it.

Her aunts and uncles eventually caught up with her and used an ancient dark magic spell from Esther's grimoire to forge the same red door of buried memories that her Uncle Elijah's memories hid behind for centuries.

They took away all of the pain she'd inflicted on others, all of the damning evidence against herself, and they took what few memories she had of her parents in an attempt to free her from the turbulent emotions that attacked her each and every day because of their deaths.

Though her memories were wiped, her emotions still remained, buried deep within her aching heart, but still present nonetheless.

Her emotions and her memories are like ghosts, silhouettes floating through her subconscious.

Although it's deeply suppressed, she still feels the guilt from all of the pain she's caused.

That feeling of guilt is what led her to enlist in the United States Marine Corps, to try and somehow make up for the mistakes she made in the past.

Her unit deploys in a couple of weeks, and today marks their last day of military block leave.

She and a few of the other soldiers plan to go out tonight before heading back to work tomorrow.

——————

"I'll be back first thing in the morning for your test results, okay?"

Josie wipes the stray tear from her sister's cheek as she pulls her into a hug.

"They're negative Josie. I promise, I'm clean."

Josie pulls away, giving her sister a weak smile, "I believe you, Lizzie."

There's a ghost of a smile that forms on Lizzie's lips, the first Josie's seen in months.

"I should probably get going. I picked up an extra shift at the bar tonight, and I have to meet with our attorney beforehand," Josie stands up from the edge of the Gatch bed.

"I promise, as soon as I'm out of here, I'll find a job to pay you back for taking care of me for so long."

Josie looks sympathetically to her sister, "You may not have to worry about that. Let me see what I can do about our trust funds, okay? For now, you just need to rest."

Lizzie gives her a simple nod, "Love you Jo."

"Love you too."

With that, Josie leaves the rehabilitation facility their father picked for Lizzie.

After their mother passed, Lizzie didn't know how to handle the pain.

She ended up turning to drugs.

But it got out of hand, leading to an overdose.

Josie was the one who found her, passed out on their old bedroom floor, strung out, unresponsive.

Their dad shipped Lizzie off to a rehab facility near the coast, saying the oceanside view would be 'very therapeutic for her.'

Josie thinks it was just a bullshit excuse to ship her off, lessen his responsibilities as a father.

Josie never really got along with her father in all honesty.

She moved to the coast months ago, right after the fight she had with him about his hypocrisies and prejudices.

He has his own list of issues, longer than a novel if Josie were the author.

He always put the family business above his actual family, and he was greedy and messy.

After her mom died, Josie was the one taking care of all the things her mom used to, like cleaning, cooking, and the bills...

But Alaric reaped the benefits.

Not to mention, he was more than happy to pack up Lizzie's things for her year-long rehab visit.

Josie was pissed.

Lizzie needed him, desperately, and he tossed her to the wolves, sold her out before ever hearing what she had to say.

So Josie left too.

She's renting out a small, one-bedroom apartment along the coast, working 2 jobs to afford it, while also paying a little extra to the rehab facility so Lizzie can be more comfortable, since their father didn't bother.

And on top of all of that, Josie still has to scrape up the remaining pennies to afford her medication.

She and her sister are Gemini siphon witches, and Josie has always had a hard time controlling her darkest impulses with magic, even more-so since her mother passed.

So she's been taking magic-muting herbs via injections for several months. She was grateful that her aunt, Dr. Elena Salvatore, helped her find the solution.

It's a lot easier, since self-control was never her strong suit. Only, it costs more money, which she doesn't have.

She sure as hell doesn't expect her dad to pitch in anytime soon.

—————

"I'm sorry I couldn't deliver better news Ms. Saltzman. I'm afraid your father is taking advantage of the hurt you and your sister have endured...If your sister's test results come back positive tomorrow—"

"They won't. She's clean. I know she is. I mean, she hasn't even had access to any drugs since she's been at the facility."

Their attorney gives her an optimistic smile, "I hope you're right...but if you're wrong, Elizabeth will be declared unfit, and your father will gain full control of her inheritance."

—————

"I'm so sorry MG!"

"It's fine Josie. It was only 5 minutes. I got it covered for you."

MG is Josie's coworker at the bar. He's also a vampire.

He attended a school for the supernatural here in California. Unlike the Salvatore School that Josie's father runs, the school MG attended allows all three factions to intermingle.

Much to Josie's mom's disliking, Alaric would never allow any supernaturals other than witches at his school, due to his deeply rooted prejudices.

MG's been a good friend since she moved here, gave her a job, and lets her rant about her messed up life.

He's got a small band and lets her perform with them sometimes at the bar.
Their boss likes it, since he doesn't have to hire a band to come and provide live entertainment.
And Josie likes it, because she does get paid a little extra each time she gets on stage.

Josie is a tad frantic as she takes off her coat and pulls her hair back before going to set up all the chairs around the bar tables.

MG eyes her curiously as he wipes down the bar, "Are you okay? You seem a bit on edge."

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my plate right now, and I had to meet with my attorney—"

"Oh yeah, how'd that go?"

Josie finishes setting up the last chairs before letting out a sigh, "It should all work out fine. I just...have to figure out how to take care of everything in the meantime."

"Hey, you know if you ever need to pick up an extra shift, all you have to do is ask."

She gives him a grateful smile, "Thanks MG."

That would be great, if only she didn't already have another job, and she has to take time to visit her sister, too. But she's still thankful for the offer.

"Of course. How's Lizzie doing?"

"She should be released tomorrow morning. I'm sure she'd love your company if you want to drop by my apartment sometime before work."

MG has also driven Josie a few times to the rehab facility.

He met Lizzie and, though he won't admit it, developed a crush on his coworker's twin.

"Sounds great. I'll be there."

Josie goes over to the 'Open' sign, shooting MG an expectant look, "Brace yourself," and turns it on.

—————

Note: Updates will likely be slower for this story than my other ones, but I hope you enjoy reading.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

71.9K 1.6K 11
When Rafael says he likes his brother's ex (Hope and Landon broke up in this), Josie's jealousy flares, making her realize that she still has a crush...
44.2K 2K 47
Hope Andrea Mikaelson unenrolled from the Salvatore School after her father's sacrifice and her true identity was revealed. What happens when a thre...
62.9K 1.7K 19
This is basically the continuation of attraction, the stories are following Josie's pregnancy, their will be angst, fluff, random stuff, and of cours...
104K 5.7K 54
Josette Olivia Saltzman plans to spend her senior year studying and preparing for her residency as a pediatrician that takes place after graduation...