Splintered Heart โ™ฑ Remus Lupin

By hautemoons

the crimson course of true love never did run smooth. REMUS LUPIN ... More

SPLINTERED HEART!
VOLUME ๐•ด โ”โ”โ” Prisoner of Azkaban
๐–Ž. evangeline, to the rescue
๐–Ž๐–Ž. all aboard the hogwarts express
๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. blood-curdling boggarts
๐–Ž๐–›. flight of the fat lady
๐–›. the ways of a werewolf
๐–›๐–Ž. curiosity killed the cat
๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž. what happens in hogsmeade
๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. home is where the heart is
๐–Ž๐–. sacred twenty-eight christmas ball
๐–๐–Ž. we must stop meeting like this
๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž. eventful end of the year
๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. laments of a last name
VOLUME ๐•ด๐•ด โ”โ”โ” Goblet of Fire
๐–๐–Ž๐–›. the quidditch world cup
๐–๐–›. the triwizard tournament
๐–๐–›๐–Ž. unfortunate updates
๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž. we are the champions
๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. innocence is a crime
๐–๐–Ž๐–. the first task
๐–๐–. tell me more about yourself
๐–๐–๐–Ž. the yule ball
๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž. right person, wrong time
๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. wolfsbane for a werewolf
๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–›. the second task
๐–๐–๐–›. sirius orion black
๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž. on the rise
๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž. the third task
๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. spot the death eater
๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–. loving me is a death sentence
๐–๐–๐–. little dark age
VOLUME ๐•ด๐•ด๐•ด โ”โ”โ” Order of the Phoenix
๐–๐–๐–๐–Ž. order of the phoenix
๐–๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž. noble and most ancient house of black
๐–๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. the advance guard
๐–๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–›. number twelve grimmauld place
๐–๐–๐–๐–›. the calm before the storm
๐–๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž. i remember it all too well
๐–๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž. platform nine and three-quarters
๐–๐–๐–๐–›๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. a scar means i survived
๐–๐–๐–๐–Ž๐–. dumbledore's army
๐–๐–‘. sorry is a five letter word
๐–๐–‘๐–Ž. a wonderful christmas time
๐–๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Ž. three steps forward
๐–๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž. a scandalous sleep-over
๐–๐–‘๐–Ž๐–›. sackings and centaurs
๐–๐–‘๐–›. a filthy character

๐–. veritaserum is a bitch

404 27 21
By hautemoons

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓 ) veritaserum is a bitch

Evangeline is nothing if not clever. So, when Juliet suggested playing Truth or Dare with a twist, she knew there were secrets the redhead was scrabbling to reveal. One thing was for certain: the night was not going to end well.

''The rules are simple — you pick either truth or dare. If you pick truth, you must answer the given question only after ingesting a drop of Veritaserum,'' Juliet smirked, snatching an emerald vial from Apollo's hands. ''If you pick dare, you must complete whatever is given. Failure to complete will result in having to answer a truth instead.''

Sylvia glanced hesitantly at Evangeline, rifling through rolls of parchment. ''I think I'll sit this one out, Juliet. I need to complete six—''

''Nonsense,'' Pollux interrupted. ''If I'm forced to endure this, so are you.''

''Perfect. Let us begin.''

''I'll go first,'' Evangeline suggested, shifting on the button-tufted leather chaise lounge. ''I pick truth.''

She leaned forward in her seat, taking the pipette from Apollo, before inserting it into the potion. The mixture spread over her tongue, tasteless.

''Smart choice,'' Juliet commented, ''I have a good one, but I'm saving it for the darkest hour. Suggestions, anyone?''

''I have one,'' Cassius announced, turning to his fiancée. ''If you had the opportunity for sexual intercourse with any professor at Hogwarts, who would it be and why?''

''Professor Lupin,'' she blurted immediately. Evangeline blinked, bewildered, willing for herself to stop speaking yet being unable to halt the fountain of words. ''I suppose because he's very intelligent, and handsome in a rustic sort of way.''

Amused glances were shared as Cassius chuckled. ''My turn now. I pick truth, only because I assume the dares will be grim.''

''It is okay to admit you're afraid, Cassius,'' Apollo joked, as the two began an impromptu wrestling match. If Professor McGonagall saw them, she would've thought she was back in the 1970's, watching James Potter and Sirius Black fooling around. ''Right . . . who was the last person you fantasized about, and what happened in the fantasy?''

The Nott boy's face burned red, as if he was supporting Gryffindor at a Quidditch match. He avoided eye contact with Evangeline as he took a sip of the serum, nervous. ''Evangeline. It was a— uh, scenario of what our wedding night may entail.''

She laughed lightly as he stopped speaking, patting his knee comfortingly. Cassius hid his face in her neck, the warmth radiating off him spreading onto her skin. ''I'm nominating now. Pollux, truth or dare?''

''Dare.''

''I dare you . . . '' Evangeline thought carefully, ''I dare you to write a declaration of love to Dumbledore, stand up on the table tomorrow at breakfast, and read it out loud in front of everyone.''

''Done,'' he smirked, stealing some of Sylvia's stationary. ''Apollo, truth or dare?''

''Truth.''

''Say two honest things about everyone in this group.'' Pollux cackled, handing his friend the potion.

Apollo ingested the potion, before turning to his betrothed. ''Juliet, you know I love you, but you look like a Weasley in the sunlight, and I pretend to like the colognes you buy me. Cassius, you're like a brother to me, but I hate all that volume you put in your hair, and your snoring drives me up the wall. Sylvia, you over-pluck your eyebrows, and I would not want my sisters following in your footsteps of hardcore partying. Pollux, the fact that your father is in Azkaban deeply unsettles me, and I've always had the feeling that you're secretly a homosexual. Evangeline, as a child you were so pale I mistook you for a vampire, and your height makes me uncomfortable.''

Silence followed Apollo's brutal honesty. Evangeline mustered up the courage to speak in a bid to diffuse the tension, growing uncomfortable at the death glare Juliet was directing at her future husband. ''My height is not even bad, Apollo. I'm five foot eight, for Merlin's sake.''

''That's tall for a girl,'' he defended.

''Moving on . . . ''

''I'll ask now,'' Apollo spoke, ''Juliet, truth or dare?''

''Dare,'' she answered, a dangerous glint in her eye.

''French kiss the most attractive person in this room.''

''Pucker up, Evangeline,'' Juliet laughed, beckoning the girl over to her. The brunette squeaked as the redhead pulled her onto her lap, her hands around the Rosier girl's waist. ''Like we practiced in third year, okay?''

Evangeline didn't get a chance to respond before Juliet's full lips were on hers. The feeling was vaguely familiar as their tongues danced with one another, whilst Evangeline's fingers raked through the redhead's soft tresses. 

''That's enough now,'' Cassius blurted, cutting the moment short.

''Jealous, Nott?''

''I believe it is my turn to ask now,'' Juliet smirked, turning to a very silent Sylvia. ''Truth or dare, blondie?''

''Truth,'' she sighed, warily taking a sip of the Veritaserum.

''What is it that you've been hiding from us since the start of seventh year?''

''I ran away from home. I don't agree with anything pure-bloods stand for, I want nothing to do with my family, and I refuse to act as if I agree with any of this. I don't agree with how we look down upon others, or how we're supposedly ❛elite❜ simply because our blood is pure. Oh, and as of Christmas, I am officially disowned.''

Sylvia clapped her hand over her own mouth, tears prickling in her eyes. Pollux stared at the blonde with a blank expression on his face, as if he was trying to solve a puzzle. Juliet looked outraged, bleeding with betrayal. Evangeline returned back to her seat quietly, next to Cassius who shared a menacing look with Apollo.

''And that concludes the game,'' Juliet fumed. ''Finding out your little secret was the whole reason for us playing, Fawley, shame it took a truth serum to combat your cowardice.''

''Enjoy the rest of your lonely life, little blood-traitor.''

The Astronomy Tower was the tallest tower at Hogwarts. Onyx heavens hugged each white-hot star like a sweet and loving mother. Evangeline admired the view as she cleared her head, breathing in the crisp night air.

''If I was any other professor, I'd give you a detention.'' 

A gentle voice knocked her back to harsh reality, careful to not startle her.

''My apologies, Professor Lupin,'' she replied, ''I only came up here for a moment, I'll be on my way.''

''There's no need to be sorry, Evangeline. I understand sometimes we have personal matters that we need to tend to, ones that can get in the way of work or curfew.''

''Yes, it is something like that.''

''Penny for your thoughts?''

Evangeline felt comfortable confessing her troubles to Lupin. Whether it was because he was a teacher, or she just felt safe and whole around him, she did not know. But that was not dwelled on for too long as memories of the Truth or Dare came rushing back, and she felt her whole existence tumbling into questioning.

''Could I ask you a question, professor?'' She asked, biting her lip in though. ''It is quite personal, so you are free to not answer if you wish.''

He smiled, leaning against the railing of the tower. ''It would be a pleasure to answer your question, Miss Rosier.''

''Would you say you are prejudiced?''

He mulled over his answer for a few slow and silent seconds, observing Evangeline as he did so. ''I like to think I am quite accepting. I have no issues with anyone who is not one hundred percent magically pure, being a half-blood myself.''

''I see.''

''What about you, Miss Rosier?''

''That is exactly my problem, professor — I do not know what to believe in. There is what I was raised to believe: pure-blood elitism, there is what I think I have always leaned towards: pure-blood bias, and then there is what I aspire to be.''

''What do you aspire to be, if I may ask?''

''Someone like . . . someone like Sylvia. Someone brave enough to break through the shackles our families and our circle have clamped on us since the second we were born. Unfortunately, bravery is not a trait I particularly possess, there is a reason I was not sorted into Gryffindor.''

''Yes, I do not think Gryffindor would suit you,'' he chuckled. ''But not being brave doesn't mean you can't achieve your true self — your full potential. Slytherins are ambitious and determined: don't stop until you get to where you want to be. They also thrive in self-preservation, so pick your moment. The moment your family and circle can't reach you and clip your wings before you have the chance to leave the nest and take flight.''

Evangeline absorbed his words, hanging on to each syllable. It was as if she was in a trance listening to Lupin speak, his voice calming and soothing.

''You are right, sir,'' she hummed, turning to observe him. The scars on his face were iridescent in the starlight, shining beautifully. ''How is it that your advice on this matter is so good? From what it seems, you are not speaking from personal experience.''

''I had a friend, once upon a time, in a similar situation to yourself,'' he admitted. ''Your family is one of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, if I remember correctly?''

''We are indeed. Sometimes I wonder if it is more a curse than a blessing.''

''Why is that?''

''I will not deny the privilege my name brings. There has been a silver spoon in my mouth since as long as I can remember; I have only ever had the best of the best. But there is a certain lifestyle that the glamour and jewels bring — hatred. Conversations at the breakfast table had something to do with purging the world of those considered ❛impure❜ more often than not.''

''I can't imagine an upbringing like that would be ideal, I have to say.''

''It is not, but there is not much to do about it; you cannot choose the family you are born into. However, you can choose who you become, and I think our conversation has helped me. Thank you, Professor Lupin.''

''You're welcome, Miss Rosier.''

a/n pure-blood elitism is purging the world of those considered impure e.g. the black family, whereas pure-blood bias is believing somewhat in the inherent superiority of pure-bloods but not actively discriminating to Muggleborns e.g. cornelius fudge and horace slughorn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 1.2K 71
Remus Lupin x OC "You can tell them to sod off because I'm set on making the "Gryffindor Princess" mine." Chase Odair is a tough Gryffindor and a pro...
57.8K 2.1K 53
PAUSED โI do love you so much that I crave you more than you'll ever know. I crave you in the same way the stars crave the moon. The stars need the m...
347K 17.2K 47
Despite his monthly issue, Remus couldn't complain about much. He has two parents who love him dearly, two best mates he can count on for anything, a...
3.8M 162K 153
๐—ฆ๐—ข ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง! *NO VOLDEMORT AU* *JAMES, LILY & MARAUDERS LIVE THROUGH GOLDEN TRIO ERA* Remus Lupin loved his daughter with his whole heart, but when...