The night is darkest just bef...

By Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... More

Chapter 1: A bad day
Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 6: Bad timing
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 8: Fear and worry
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 36: A small hope

920 38 29
By Mimorimori

Like an unstoppable raging bull, Katsuki didn't stop to rest even for a minute as he continue to hunt down every single vampire he came across. Without resting, he pushes himself forward and keep on fighting. No matter how tired or how badly injured he got, he refuses to stop until he found out where Izuku is.

In the end, not only he returns to the headquarter empty handed, he didn't even manage to get any useful information out of the vampires.

Stepping out of the medical room, Katsuki winced a little at the pain he received from all those fights. With bandages around his head, left arm and abdomen, he's considered lucky enough to get out alive without any life-threatening injuries.

There are many other hunters standing around the hallway, some of them is waiting to get their injuries treated while the others are waiting for their teammates to come out.

When some of the hunters noticed Katsuki's present, they give him a look of pity. News about Izuku being abducted spread like a wildfire. Everyone know how close Katsuki and Izuku is. The pain and despair of failing to protect someone who is important to you (or vampire in this case) is something every hunter knows.

Not wanting so many people to see the state he is in, Katsuki immediately left the area. Returning to his room, he stares at Izuku's empty bed for a while. The frustration on how he failed to protect Izuku from his sire rise up and he whipped around, punching the wall to vent some of those frustration.

This won't do, he need to stay calm and come up with a plan to rescue Izuku. But there's no information or hints about the enemies whereabout! Even if he rushes out to look for Izuku, where should he even start? Running around blindly is just wasting more time!

What if it's already too late? What if Izuku's sire has already forced him to drink his blood? What if... he'll never be able to see Izuku again?

Katsuki rarely felt fear but the thought of not being able to see Izuku again makes him sick. He tried so hard, endure many harsh battles and pain, all for the sake of keeping those who is close to him out of the vampire's harm way. He already lost his parents, he cannot afford to lose Izuku as well.

They have been together since they were kids. For Izuku not to be part of his world anymore... it's a terrifying thought and he can't imagine a world without the nerd. Katsuki has lost friends to vampires before but the emotions weren't as intense as this.

They share a long history and the nerd is like a very close friend to him but at the same time, Katsuki felt that Izuku is more than a 'friend' to him.

"What am I to you?"

Izuku's question echoes inside Katsuki's mind. And he has no idea why is he remembering this now. Rather than thinking about stuff like this, he should be coming up with plans on how to locate Izuku instead!

"Fuck..." Katsuki cursed.

A knock on the door was heard and Katsuki turn his attention towards the door. To be frank, he's not in the mood to see anyone or even talk to them right now. He thought of ignoring them but it'll be faster if he were to chase them away himself.

"It's me, Bakugou Katsuki."

Katsuki widen his eyes in surprise when he heard that voice. What the fuck is Shinso Hitoshi doing outside of his room?

"I heard the news about Midoriya's abduction. You must be in a very bad mood right now but I need to tell you something." Shinso said.

"..."

"I know a way for you to find Midoriya's location."

The door swing open and Katsuki stood there, staring at Shinso with a disbelieved look. Shinso look around his surrounding to make sure that nobody is nearby to eavesdropping on them. He'd be in a lot of trouble if someone were to find out what he has done. Taking out a key, he held it right in front of Katsuki.

"This is the key to the basement cells, the place where many dangerous vampires are tightly locked away. When you got there, turn left and walk all the way to the end. The vampire there will have the answer you need. Once you're done, return the key back to me."

Narrowing his eyes on Shinso, Katsuki asked, "How the hell did you manage to get your hands on the key that only the higher ups have access to?"

"You don't need to know." Shinso said as he hands over the key to Katsuki. At the same time, he also passes over a paper bag to him. "Also, give this to that vampire. It will definitely help you out."

Out of curious, Katsuki opens the paper bag to take a peek on what's inside the bag. And he was stunned when he sees that it was a freaking game about surviving the zombie apocalypse.

"How the fuck is this supposed to help me?"

"You'll find out when you meet that vampire. He's... a rather odd one."

"...You have my thanks." Katsuki said as he walked pass Shinso, shutting the door behind him as he makes his way down to the basement cells.

Standing there with a stunned expression, Shinso was at loss for words. He never thought that Bakugou Katsuki, of all people, would openly thank him. In fact, he can swear that he has never heard the blond thanked anyone before.

Katsuki has changed, even if it's only a little. Maybe this is all thanks to Izuku.

Ever since Izuku's arrival, this place has changed a lot. Hunters are opening their eyes to the fact that there are nice (but naive) vampires like Izuku. The hate that the hunters hold deep inside their heart has been reduced.

Thinking about it, Shinso wasn't even that close to Izuku to begin with. There's no need for him to do such a risky thing as using his ability on a higher up to get the key. The reason why Shinso did such thing is... well, because Izuku's a nice guy. And nice guy doesn't deserve to be hurt or suffer. That's all to it.

~~~

Deep down in the basement cells, Katsuki can hear the growls from the vampires that's locked up. Some of them sounds like they are starving while some sounds like they are dying to break out of their cells and kill every single human in sight.

Following Shinso's instruction, Katsuki head left and walk all the way to the end of the hallway.

Locked away at the very last cell at the end... is a vampire who can help Katsuki to find Izuku. He has no idea what kind of personality this vampire has, but one thing he knew for sure is that most vampires would never help someone without getting some kind of a payment in return.

Still, how the fuck is a freaking game supposed to help him out?

When Katsuki reaches the last cell, the sight that greeted him has left him speechless. Katsuki thought that he would find a vampire with his hands and feet chained up, just like how hunters usually deal with highly dangerous vampires. But no, this vampire is rather... free.

Not only the vampire wasn't chained up, he was sitting on the sofa, playing games on a console. Even though this is a cell, it doesn't look like one at all. The room is brightly lighted and is nicely decorated with things like desk, chair, computer, sofa with soft cushions, shelves full of manga and many other game consoles. This vampire is clearly living his best life in there!

Knowing that someone is here to see him, the brown-haired vampire looks up, staring at Katsuki with his red eyes. "Oh? Now this is certainly unexpected. To think that my visitor this time isn't one of the higher ups."

Pausing the game and putting the console down, the vampire makes his way over to the bars that keeping him locked inside the cell.

"There's no way the higher ups would let a mere hunter down here. Let me guess, did you steal the key? Or..." he trailed off as he narrowed his eyes on Katsuki, studying the blond's expression and body language. When he found the answer to his own question after observing for a while, he grinned like a sly fox. "Is Shinso the one who got the key for you?"

"You know that guy?" Katsuki asked.

"Yes. Anyway, the reason why you're here is because you want information about something right? Did Shinso told you that I don't give information away for free?"

"He brushed it off when I asked him if he know that guy. There's something going on between those two. But now is not the time for me investigate their secrets." Katsuki thought. Acting like he isn't suspecting the vampire and Shinso, he said, "Even if he didn't tell me, I already knew that most vampires don't do things for free."

"Wow, you know us vampires really well, don't you? The name is Honda by the way, what's yours?"

"As if I'll tell you."

"Are you afraid that I'll tell the higher ups that you're here? Well, aren't you a cautious one? But too bad, even if you refuse to tell me, I've already found out that you're Bakugou Katsuki."

Katsuki frowned at Honda. Was it an ability that let this guy know certain info about him? If so, then he can see why Shinso would tell him to come looking for this vampire.

As if he's reading Katsuki's mind, Honda continues on, "If you're thinking that this is my ability, you're correct. My ability allows me to know every single little thing I desire to know. Whether it's someone else past, future, location, hobbies or even things like their embarrassing secrets, I can use my ability to find out all about it. Kind of like a search engine if you were to ask me."

"How fucking great. With that ability, you must be very popular with both hunters and vampires."

"Indeed, which is why I surrender myself to the hunters. In exchange for information and protection, I'll get live the life I've always dreamed of." Honda smiled as he pointed a finger at the paper bag Katsuki's holding. "Now give me that thing you got over there. It was my payment for agreeing to help you out, right? Hurry up and hand it over."

"Not until you tell me where Deku is." Katsuki said sternly.

"Deku? Who? Is that his real name? My ability won't work unless you're giving me his real name. If you have a photo of him, that will do too."

Katsuki made an expression like he has been told that he has failed all of his exam. It has been freaking years since he last called Izuku by his real name. Telling him to say it now feels so fucking weird! But Izuku's life and future is on the line here so this is not the time for him to be bothered by saying a name!

Looking away, Katsuki mumbled, "...I ... Izuku... Midoriya Izuku..."

"My guy, why do you sound so uncomfortable when you're saying your friend's name? You're like those characters from shoujo manga where they just become couples and is struggling to call each other by their first name."

"Shut the fuck up! Just tell me where Deku is right now!"

"Alright, I got it. Give me a few seconds." Honda sits down on the floor and close his eyes.

Katsuki may not know how Honda's ability works but from the look of it, he seems to be concentrating on something deeply. After a while, Honda finally open his eyes again. However, his red eyes are glowing faintly.

"There's a small bar near the outskirts of the town. They have a hidden door behind the counter that can lead you down to the underground level. Midoriya Izuku is currently locked inside the fifth room. An old man... a scientist? He has injected Midoriya Izuku with a drug that weaken him, prevent him from using his strength to escape."

"Did that bastard did anything else to Deku?!" Katsuki shouted, unable to stop himself from rising his voice after knowing that a filthy asshole has lay a hand on Izuku.

"So far, nothing yet."

Katsuki gritted his teeth. Taking a deep breath in to calm down, he asked, "How reliable is your information?"

Honda's eyes stop glowing and he gives Katsuki a small smile. "Have you ever received a mission that told you to be on standby at a location and wait for the enemy to appear?

"Yeah."

"Have you ever wondered why is the higher ups so sure that this vampire will definitely appear at this spot? And why the enemy has never failed to show up?"

Katsuki widens his eyes in realization. Honda is right about that. So far, every mission that require them to be on standby at certain location to wait for the target to appear has always been spot on. Katsuki thought that the higher ups have some shady methods that allows them to know when and where the enemy will appear. In the end, it seems like all of their information was from the vampire called Honda.

If that's the case, Honda's words can be trusted. Katsuki eyed the stuffs inside the cell. All those things Honda got is very likely from the higher ups. They must have exchanged countless of information and this shows how reliable Honda's ability is.

Without a word, Katsuki hand the paper bag over to Honda. Like an excited child who is opening their present, Honda almost rip the paper bag apart while opening it. When he saw the game, his lips turn upwards into a huge smile.

"Woah! I've been waiting for this game for a very long time!" Honda exclaimed. Just as Katsuki was about to turn around and walk away, Honda called out to him, "By the way, you should get someone who is able to pick a lock to go with you. The vampires there aren't the friendliest so please avoid fighting at all cost."

"...I'll think about it."

Honda watches in silence as Katsuki walks off. Hugging the game close to his chest, he let out a sigh. While his ability seems like an amazing one to have, it also has its own downside. Most of the time, what he saw inside his head is the 'bad ending' of certain scenario. By telling people what he saw, he's changing the fate of some people for the better.

As long as there isn't any other vampire with similar ability as him, nobody can change the future like he does. However, there are always some cases where it's already too late to avoid a certain outcome.

"You may not be able to prevent certain 'event' but at the very least, you still can bring Midoriya Izuku back with you. I wish you all the luck, Bakugou Katsuki."

~~~

A/N: And so, I saw spoilers on BNHA chapter 362 and... I shove all my depression and anxiety to the side and let the spoiler act as my fuel to speedrun and finish writing this chapter. Now, I shall lay down and cry :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 2.3K 15
Class 1-A of U.A. is having a halloween party and Izuku Midoriya is excited. However, his feeling for his childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo, are growi...
95.3K 2.8K 19
So izuku has a crush on Katsuki(Phyfe,obviously ),and has been meaning to tell him ,but the day when Izuku was gonna announce his feelings to katsuki...
134K 3.4K 20
Izuku has lost his memory. The earliest thing he remembers is being attacked by a vampire, and being rescued by Katsuki Bakugo, the Pureblood Vampire...
16.5K 287 20
Izuku is obsessed with bakugou to the point where he's dangerous to those around him. And when they began dating a few years back Midoriya made sure...