The Other Side (Whitty x Ruv)

By NotAquard

Ruv, a criminal (along with his childhood friend Sarv), and Whitty, a hot-tempered human bomb, collide after... More

Intro
Prologue
1 - A Road of Trouble
2- Hex and Carol
3 - The Final Decision
4 - Misinterpreted
5 - Ruv's Identity
6 - Accepted?
Hi, tysm! :D
7 - Agoti and Tabi
8 - Sarv's Confession
9 - Time Apart
10 - Renewed
11 - No More Waiting
12 - No More Hiding
13 - Not Alone
14 - Not Alone Pt. 2
15 - Another Side
Mistletoe - A Christmas Special
17 - Hearts and Strings
17.5 - 3, 2, 1, Go!

16 - Triple Date

269 6 4
By NotAquard

Sarv's Point of View

At last, we finally can afford our own house while evading the police! Good thing I've moved on from the Church. Ruv and I now work at the nearby cafe with Agoti. Selling our apartment, Ruv and Whitty currently live with Tabi and Agoti, while the rest of us moved to a more suburban area and bought a really cute house!

The boys live closer to the city, so they share an apartment! Here's what the inside looks like:

It's been a while since the last incident that occurred, so we've just been laying low and blending in the crowd. Today, we're planning to meet up at the FNF Cafe to catch up on things we've been doing ever since. I hope we can use this time as a moment to reminisce on our past memories and express our gratitude towards one another...just kidding! I can't wait to have this meet-up, it'll be like a triple date! Whitty and Ruv, Agoti and Tabi, Carol and I...poor Hex.

Ruv's Point of View

Tabi and I were forced in the backseats as the others sang in the car at the top of their lungs. To Zavodilla, by the way.

I have no idea how my song got on the radio. My guess was that it somehow leaked onto the internet by Sarv or Boyfriend.

"Dude, your song is amazing! We need to have a battle some time!" Agoti laughed as he dangerously grabbed Whitty's hand and lifted it up into the air.

"Chill, I'm driving bro!" Whitty smiled and pulled away.

"There's no way either of us won't battle you sometime. Trust me, it'll be a blast. Literally." Whitty said to me, pointing to the top of his head while facing the road.

"Of course." I responded, allowing the two friends to enjoy their time together.

"Comrade...they're going loco." Tabi sighed as Agoti finished my lyrics dramatically, exaggerating how loud it was.

"Apparently my song is just too good."

. . .

Third Point of View

When Agoti opened the cafe door, the bell attached swung lightly and jingled a short melody. The rest of the group followed him inside.

He began, "I suppose they'll be here very shortly-"

"RUV!!! BESTIES!!" Sarv leapt onto the sidewalk after crossing the street (illegally) and dashed over to tackle her childhood best friend.

"Told ya." Agoti shook his head as the others came tumbling over to Whitty. 

"We missed you so much!" Carol beamed. "I love you Whitmore! Platonically!" Hex cried as they let go and performed their handshake. 

"Haha, I missed y'all too! How's your house been without me?" Whitty laughed. "Cleaner than ever! Yours?" Carol grinned.

"Surprisingly tidy. You know why. Hint: it's definitely not me." The bomb smiled at her and Hex as they went to greet everyone else.

Ruv closed the shop blinds, making the cafe appear seemingly deserted and empty. In reality, it was luminous and unlike any colors he has captured, with the exception of Whitty's secret hangout area. As soon as he dimmed the lighting on the light switch, bursts of pastel and white decorating the walls showered upon him and his friends. 

"Wow, you prepared this, Agoti?" Ruv questioned.

"Of course! We gotta make it a little like a celebration, y'know? Kinda like night dancing after the formal wedding shit!"

"Ooh, whose wedding?" Sarv quipped. "Yours...?" She smirks, and Tabi in the corner flushes and attempts to avoid attention by going to the bathroom.

"C'mon, Sarv's just teasing!" Whitty grabbed Tabi and pushed him closer to the center rather than to the sidelines. "Plus, what Agoti's trying to say is that he wants it to feel like it's a party instead of a meet-and-greet. To me, it reminds me of when I showed Ruv my..."

Tabi shushed the bomb with his hand, replying "Okay okay, I know what your secret lair looks like." 

Whitty followed him into the miniature crowd, where music began to play and food got put on the elongated table formed by combining miniature ones. 

. . .

Ruv's Point of View

"We're still going, aren't we?"

I grumbled in the backseat as we piled into Carol's SUV and drove off in a direction I didn't recognize.

"Ha, the "party" isn't over yet! Next off: the amusement park!" Carol hollered and some joined in, cheering and filled with excitement. 

"I can't believe that was only two and a half hours, comrade." Tabi looked at me with a similar disappointed look. I can tell he also just wants to spend the rest of the day home.

"Aww, are you tired, little lamb? We can cuddle in the car!" Agoti suddenly swarms Tabi and takes him in his arms. "H-hey, get off!" Tabi struggled to escape his firm grasp, but to no avail.

"No can do. I know you're sleepy! It's going to be a 45-minute car ride, so enjoy this while you can." Agoti smirks and puts his boyfriend on his chest in a comfortable position. The latter rolls his eyes yet doesn't argue and puts his cap over his eyes. 

That was interesting.

"You guys are so entertaining! We should do something equally as fun." Whitty, on the right of me, glances at Hex and I.

"Oh, like what?" Hex inquires as I thought of an entirely different scenario play out in my head. 

"I've got it~! Mad libs!" Sarv exclaimed and took out a booklet with a pencil in her hand.

"That's so childish, but okay..." I respond blandly, and Whitty gasped.

"What are you talking about!? I say it's an excellent way to pass time. It's hilarious too." He reaches over and takes the mad libs book from Sarv. "Here, let's see...Ruv, give me an adjective." Whitty tells me.

"Hm. Brackish." I spontaneously say. "Nah, another one." He immediately says. "Obnoxious." I retort light-heartedly, although I am aware that it likely sounds like nothing of the sort. At least Whitty knows me more than he ever would've if we remained strangers.

"Sarv, now you give me a name!" Whitty says to her. "Ruv!" Sarv giggles. Great.

. . .

"A new and obnoxious princess is arriving soon! She is named Snow Ruv and she has 69 dwarves! Snow Ruv is a princess whose beauty threatens her child, the queen. Snow Ruv was forced to flee from the FNF Cafe and hides in nearby bathroom stalls. There, she discovers the dwarves singing in their onesies. But the queen finds her and casts a gay spell on her. The dwarves take care of her until the sussy Whitmore comes to rescue her, and they live embarrassingly ever after!"

"This is a fairytale AU for genderbent WhitRuv!" Agoti was shaking uncontrollably from laughter, obviously glad that he wasn't being targeted. "Shut it. Sarv, why'd you have to pick my name..." I look at her giddy face and then refrain from saying anything negative.

"Mad libs is a silly but entertaining game. You see that now, right?" My boyfriend nudged me. "Mhm." I mumble and adjust my hat. I surprisingly enjoyed it. I guess even the simple things with friends can make an experience worthwhile.

"A few more minutes, and we're there!" Carol said, and I was relieved and somehow looking forward to the rides. I've been on some when I was a kid, and the rush from drops and turns felt to me at the time both relieving and thrilling.

. . .

"Ugh...please take me to the nearest restroom." Whitty gagged and I immediately dashed over to a stall, where he clutched my sleeve and his abdomen. I didn't account for the fact that he of all people would not be good with rides. The roller coaster had a giant drop that I will always remember. My friends were screaming beside me, either out of fear, joy, or sickness, like this bomb. Fortunately, he didn't throw up, but he told me he felt motion-sick and light-headed the rest of the time there. Hex offered to have him eat and provided some gas-lighter fluid, his favorite energizer. Eating is apparently how he copes with such sickness. I can't relate.

We decided to go another hour of rides, then returned to the place where Hex and Whitty were sitting. I'm upset that Whitty couldn't come with me. He, in an apparently better state, somehow caught that and dragged us to an arcade room, where we won each other a teddy bear and a stuffed kitten. In the photobooth area, with more privacy from the crowd, we talked for a bit and enjoyed each other's company.

"Smile, Ruv!" Whitty grinned as he quickly settled me onto his lap, receiving a yelp. That was uncalled for, and I sat there stiffly and let Whitty give me bunny ears with his hand. "Sorry, are you uncomfortable?" Whitty glanced at me worriedly. I took a deep breath and settled down. "No, I was surprised. It's fine." I turn to the camera and pinch his cheeks. 

The result was very chaotic photos that we argued over in terms of who would keep it. I only wanted to spark some conversation that would make Whitty enjoy the park more. "Wait...we literally sleep in the same bedroom. We can just share it." I say. "Oh...yeah, right!" He laughed and grabbed my hand to run over to our group, who was getting ready to leave.

"I loved today! I wish we could hangout like this even more...." My best friend cried out and tugged on Carol's arm like a child. "Now now, Sarvente, we'll definitely plan out more times where we can all get together again." Carol reassured her like a mother would.

"Ooh, I have a suggestion!" Agoti announced. "The next time we meet, we should battle!"

"Yay! Singing is so exhilarating! I'm pumped up just thinking of it!" Hex raised his arms and jogged around the circle our group has formed.

"It can be a real party, with lots of food and drinking allowed." Sarv's eyes glistened with thoughts only extroverts could have, as I couldn't read her at all. Parties aren't really that special, but as long as it makes everyone happy, then I'm okay with them.

In the car, Whitty raised his water bottle and shouted, "To future battles and drinking!" We all followed suit, even Tabi, and began singing each other's songs until we reached home, where I can sleep in peace with my boyfriend.

. . .

I was so exhausted that I fell asleep next to Whitty with my jacket dangling on the side of the bed, where our photos stuck out and showed our smiling faces from today.

(TBC...2 more chapters [technically 1.5]....)

While you are waiting...

Here are some picrews of Whitty and Ruv if they were human:

I gave them matching scars lol- and yes, RUV WITH BOTH EYES BECAUSE NO EYE COVER TvT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244 6 10
First published - August/3/2023 When Sarv dies in a church fire, it leaves Ruvyzvat alone in the streets in mournful anguish. Luckily, he meets up w...
9K 140 12
‼️OFFICIALLY DISCONTINUED!‼️ So basically I just wanted to make a story, and I've been reading a lot of this, so I have ideas:) if you don't like, I'...
66.1K 1.3K 10
[possessive human lemon demon x male reader x others] To think, waking up to the sound of your window sliding open would result in this... A man, a m...
2.7K 96 21
First published - September 2021 Ruv unexpectedly meets a very bizarre stranger. They don't get along very well at first, but soon become VERY close...