15 - Another Side

Third Point of View

The four left, cleaning up the aftermath and gently handing over Angel back to the two shaken gang members in the corner. "We'd really appreciate it if you don't report us nor follow us. Sorry you were eyewitnesses to that." Ruv says with his usual stoic voice.

They walked towards the SUV and saw the others already inside, prepared to drive back home.

"Ha! Slowpokes!" Carol joked.

"Killing a gang leader is no easy task." Ruv quickly retorted.

"It's just a joke." Whitty nudged Ruv. He had his bloodstained jacket back on. Sarv quickly noticed his injuries, while the latter gazed at her horns and wings.

"Are you okay, Ruv!?" Sarv said.

"I'm fine. Are you? You...transformed." Ruv turned to Hex and Carol, but they didn't look fazed.

"Yup, I did. While we were in battle. Don't worry, they're okay with it. For the most part. Come on, sit in the back so I can bandage you up."

Ruv obliged and sat down. He, Sarv, and Whitty were in the backseats; Boyfriend and Girlfriend sat in the second row and Hex moved up front to the passenger's seat. Carol, as usual, drove.

Whitty casually takes off Ruv's jacket, and Ruv reacts, both with pain and surprise.

"What are you doing?"

"Sorry, did I hurt you? I'm just taking your jacket off so Sarv can heal you."

"...Okay."

Sarv, after prodding the trunk of the SUV for a few seconds, took out a First Aid kit and wiped the dry blood off his forearm and neck.

"Woah, how'd your neck heal so fast? It seemed like Angel damaged your vocal cords!"

"Immortality. Remember?"

"Immortality?" Whitty inquired.

Ruv mumbled something, then said, "Yes, I'm immortal."

"And so am I!" Sarv piped.

"Woah...I'm legit scared and hyped at the same time." Whitty gazed at the two as if they were Gods.

The others followed suit. Sarv sheepishly smiled, while Ruv was just being Ruv.

The awkward silence disappeared when Carol pushed the gas and swerved nimbly onto the nearby highway.

"Hey, that means we could go on romantic dates for the rest of our lives!" Whitty said to Ruv, laughing.

"We can too!" Carol said to Sarv.

Ruv pecked his boyfriend on the cheek, while Sarv giggled at all three of them and blushed.

"I don't regret leaving my old life behind. Starting now, I'm joining you guys. Permanently." The Russian stated when it was quiet.

"Woo-hoo! Welcome to the gang once again!" Hex cried in his normal, joyful demeanor.

"If I'm able to get a new job, maybe we'll work our way into getting a house where Hex doesn't have to wake up to Ruv and Whitty's midnight cuddles!" Sarv exclaimed.

Ruv and Whitty shot up, wide-eyed, looking at Hex.

"Huh? I've never done that!" Hex said innocently.

At least not on accident, hehe.

"Phew, thank God." Whitty sighed.

"Wait- so you do cuddle at night!" Girlfriend gasped.

"Ooh! Exposed!" Carol laughed, along with Boyfriend and Girlfriend.