Through Her Eyes ✔

By Gigi_Luv_4u

In the world of soulmates, perhaps Daun is the only one who does not expect for any soulmate to come. She doe... More

PROLOGUE
Author's Note
1. SHE
2. BIRTHDAY
3. YEARN
4. SUNSHINE
5. CHANGE
6. CUPCAKE
7. FATE
8. FOUND
9. PROOF
10. TEAM
11. LOST
12. FAN
13. LOVE
14. CHIMES
15. INVITE
16. CONFUSION
17. BROTHER
18. FALL
19. NUMB
20. AGREEMENT
21. TEXT
22. RUN
23. DANGEROUS
24. TALK
25. MUSE
26. NOSTALGIA
27. HOPE
28. SISTER
29. GIRLFRIEND
30. THANKFUL
31. RIDE
32. TRAVEL
33. CONCERT
34. THOUGHTS
35. TOGETHER
36. CONFRONTATION
37. CONFESSION
38. COLLAPSED
39. IN TIME
40. OATH
41. WITH YOU
42. ACCEPTANCE
43. BLUSH
44. START
45. REMEDY
46. BATH
47. TEASE
48. BARRIERS
49. EMBARRASSED
50. QUALMS
51. WARMTH
52. LISTEN
53. CUDDLES
54. DROWN
55. DOUBTS
56. PARTNERS
57. WANTS
58. MEMORIES
59. HER
60. FOUR
61. HOME
62. ATTENTION
63. FIRST
64. AMUSED
65. INKED
66. NOW
67. BURST
68. ILL
69. MORNINGS
70. SCENT
71. FIRE
72. YOUNG
73. PERVERT
74. ALONE
75. CAMP
76. DUO
77. BLOOM
78. TROUBLE
79. MOMS
80. REDEMPTION
81. DADDY
82. SOLACE
83. ANSWER
84. GLITCH
85. FLICKER
86. FEEL
87. MYSTERY
88. STAMINA
89. SOULS
90. HURT
91. MEND
92. GAME OVER
93. LOVE MAGIC
94. RUIN
95. MOMENTS
96. BONDED
97. PERFECT
98. PURE
99. IMAGERY
100. KINKS
101. SEVEN
102. FAMILY
103. DISGUISE
104. COURAGE
105. HESITATIONS
106. AWAKE
107. FOREBODING
108. TRUTH
109. PROMISE
110. DREAM
111. HUM
113. PRIZE
114. DAWN
115. THEM
116. WE
117. US
118. BEYOND
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

112. SURPRISES

2.4K 124 5
By Gigi_Luv_4u

====================

Healthy relationships between/among soulmates equate healthy soul bounds.

====================

The leaves dance gracefully with the laughter that vibrates with the giggles and gleeful screams on the wind. Their golden hue sways as they descend from the lone oak tree. Nothing but happiness underneath the overlooking branches and twigs. The smiles are precious. The mirth is a treasure. It's the way it should be.

Daun's eyes crescent with how she run away from her giggling pursuer.

"Got you!" Jimin's voice sings with a chirp as his arms tightly embraces her and swings her around.

"No!" She whines as she squeals.

"You're the it now!" The children laugh a loud.

"This is not fair." Daun whines again.

"Sorry babe... You were just so slow." Jimin teases.

"I am not slow." She breathes heavily as she pouts playfully to the man.

"It would be great to have the blindfold game instead. There won't be a need to run so fast." Jin, who has been sitting underneath the tree along with Yoongi, Namjoon, and her Nana – the head nun, suggests.

"Don't want to limp again." Tongue's out, refusing the suggestion. It seems like yesterday since she had met the eldest on the very same place. She could still remember how she accidentally hurt her feet that time. And even with her injury, the man was able to convince her for a dinner. It's funny how he coaxed her that time. It's funnier how she had agreed on it.

"But baby... You are limping." Jungkook teasingly whispers against her ears.

"Ugh! I quit!" She whines with a beet red face. Their heated night flashes in front of her.

He really lives up the title of being a bunny. He made love with her almost nonstop, claiming that he missed her so much after having his straight schedule for his solo album's preparations. If she didn't have the guts to halt him from drowning her with his lust, perhaps she wouldn't be walking at all.

"Jungkookie... There are children who could hear you." Taehyung scolds while he spanks Jungkook's butt. "Come on sweetheart, maybe you have to rest." He adds as he guides her to the table with the others.

"Just say you want to quit as well." Jungkook points out as he laughs, always as competitive as ever.

"So, who's the it now?" A child whines. Their eyes still excited with their game of tag.

"I will." Hoseok squeals and proceeds to playfully catch the children, who immediately dispersed all over the place. Laughter and squealing follow.

Daun feels so happy as she looks at the children with some of her soulmates. She can't help but imagine them as a family with their children on their own. Sooner or later, she is sure that they will have them.

'Would it be this happy? This chaotic?' She muses.

"I can perfectly imagine that." Yoongi mumbles with a chuckle, making her turn to the man, blushing.

"What is?" Jin asks as he is busily drying the sweat on Daun's face. Bashful if Yoongi would tell everyone, she immediately telepathically tells him to keep quiet. For sure, they would tease her nonstop over it.

"Nothing." Yoongi responses as he winks to her.

She beams with Jin's squinting suspicious eyes before he sighs in surrender. The rest of her soulmates had already been accepting that somehow, Daun and Yoongi has some secret conversations in their head. Before, the maknae's would bother Yoongi over it, but now, they just wait for her to say it herself.

"Now... I think it's time for the celebration." The head nun claps her hands awhile after. The children then gleefully gather towards the dining hall's entrance. "Come, dear. You have to be there. The two of you." She adds as the nun directs Jimin as well.

"We will all be there." Jimin smiles and hooks his arms on Daun's. She just laughs with his clinginess.

Together, the eight of them follows her Nana.

Surely time passes by so fast. It had been summer and now, it's already autumn. It's already October. It's Jimin's and her birth month. As accustomed by her Nana, she is once again invited to celebrate with the children having the same birth month. Unlike the previous years when her visit would only be to pacify her ailing heart, now, she is here together with her soulmates to truly celebrate the occasion, happy and carefree.

"Wahhh!" The children gasp in surprise as they see a new piano at the mini stage. The hall is not just for dining. It's a multipurpose hall. As the divider unfolds to allow it to expand and connect to their study hall where the piano is situated.

"Wow... Is this for us?" One child happily squeals with excitement.

"We can finally learn how to play one!" Another child screams in delight. The others follow in excitement.

"You say thank you to our donor, Mr. Min." Nana happily hushes. In unison, the children bow down to Yoongi and says their thank you.

Yoongi nods as he shyly smiles while the others pat his back with pride.

"Ohhh. Do you know how to play?" One child asks.

All of her seven laughs including her. "Of course. He is our Min Pd-nim." Jungkook boasts. "Don't you know how expensive a composer and producer he is?" He gloats.

"Kook-ah." Yoongi flushes. "Stop that."

"Oh... You should be proud oppa." Daun teases.

"Do you want me to play a song?" Taehyung grins as he walks towards the piano with the children's little giggles.

"Now... everyone... We will start the celebration with a birthday song." He dramatically announces and then positions his fingers on the right keys.

"I didn't know he knows how to play." Daun whispers to Namjoon who is just at her side.

"He does." Namjoon answers as he leans, chuckling.

Then the song starts. "Saengil chukha hamnida~~" Everyone starts to sing with Taehyung's clumsy notes. They first sing it for the little girl whose birthday is literally on the day. "Saengil chukha hamnida~~ Saranghaneun Yeonjin-ah ~~. Saengil chukha hamnida." The song repeats as they clap until every celebrants' names are sang.

"Another!" Jimin happily shouts for more song, prompting Taehyung to play once more. The younger happily obliged.

With Taehyung's play, everyone sings again. "...Saranghaneun Daun-ssi" The children politely name her while her seven use each of their endearments to her. "Saengil chukha hamnida..." She beams her sweetest smile and sings again for her Jiminie.

Daun can't wish anything else for her birthday.

Birthdays in Korea are really not that important, but with them, everything seems so much precious. Every little bit of success is already a milestone. They have to celebrate in any way they can.

She really didn't want to celebrate hers. It's already enough to be awake with her seven around and to eat their meals together on the day. But after knowing the lack of celebrations ever since she was a child, they insisted.

**********

"Where do you want to go for your birthday?" Jin asks as they ate their dinner last week.

"I didn't think about that really."

"Why? I had asked you to be with me in Busan in my birthday and Namjoon hyung asked for a museum tour. We can have your preference soon. " Jungkook widely smiles.

"I don't know. I really don't do birthdays. Hannah's and yours yes, but not mine." Daun calmly says.

"No. That can't be." Hoseok protests.

"Truthfully, we asked Hannah for a great surprise but she advised us that it's better that we have to ask you to avoid any complications. What did she mean by that?" Jimin worriedly asked.

"I just really didn't have the will to celebrate it. You know." She nonchalantly says. Before, she would seclude herself from the outside world. All the bad things would always linger during her birthdays, making her lethargic. Her paintings were even left out as she was always in bed, feeling empty. However, now, with her upcoming birthday, she couldn't feel the need to be alone. She felt at peace.

"You would always cry during your birthdays." Jin revealed.

"How do you know that?" She almost choked on her drink.

"Soul feel, darling." He confessed. "I had been feeling so blue during your birth month. It greatly worried me." He added.

"Oh... sorry Jinnie oppa. I'll make sure not to feel that way ever again." Daun regretfully said as she took a bite of her Japchae.

"We also make sure not to make you sad, ever again." Jimin soothed as he took her hand and kissed it so lovingly.

"So? What do you want us to do?" This time, Namjoon, who was seated at her other side, voiced out.

"Do you want a trip somewhere?" Taehyung asked after gulping his food.

"How about a party?" Hoseok suggested.

"We can have a dinner party. We can invite Hannah-ssi if you want." Namjoon smiled.

"She would be just fan girling with all of you around then." Daun giggled with the thought of it.

"How about we invite everyone, then. Omma and appa would be happy to be here in Seoul." Jimin's smile was bright.

"Ohhh... I don't want to take their time for that." She reasoned out.

"They won't mind." Jimin responded.

"B-but... I want to be just with the eight of us." Jungkook whined.

"Kook-ah. It would be Daun's birthday. Not yours." Jin laughs. "She got to decide for it." He added.

"How about the orphanage? You said you wanted to visit there." Yoongi asked.

True. She did told Yoongi how she missed the children. She heard that some of the little ones were already adopted. However, the older ones still remained. She missed playing with them.

"Oh... It had been some time since we visited there." Jin responded.

"That's great! We could celebrate there. You wanted to be there when you were invited last month for their monthly birthday celebration for the kids." Taehyung reminded her.

Since she had been in Korea, she tried hard not to miss any invitation of her Nana. She knew that they were only reasons to see her, and she happily obliged with it. After all, she wanted diversions more than her paintings. It was simply because, children tend to lift up her mood always.

Daun's eyes curved into small happy moons with the thought. "That's perfect!"

"That's what we will do then." Namjoon gingerly kissed her forehead, as if sealing the agreed celebration.

"Ohhh... Remind me to finally give what the children had been wanting." Yoongi whispered to Jin.

**********

"Should I play a song as well?" Yoongi's muttering brings Daun back in the reality. She only giggles with his deep contemplation.

"You can after lunch." Jin says as he calls everyone on the little stage to start eating.

They played more after and she even bravely played the piano for the first time with all of her soulmates. Though it is just a short piece, but it still nerve-wracking. However, she manages to do well with the nod of encouragement from Yoongi. The others are jaw slacked with great surprise as she bashfully and sweetly smiles after the quick performance. They never knew that she has such talents.

"Wait until you hear her violin." Yoongi smugly reveals.

"What?" Taehyung immediately reacts. How else? He had been practicing with the instrument but still sucks at it.

"Oh. Oh! We want to hear violin too!" The little Yeonjin excitedly jumps with what she just heard, making everyone laughs.

"Soon... I think I can do that and more." Daun beams as she endearingly pats the child's head.

**********

"I thought there is no surprises?" Daun asks with her eyes blindfolded with a cloth. Her hands are tightly holding on Jimin's and Namjoon's arms at the same time. Jimin is a her left while the leader is her right.

"Who told you there aren't?" Jungkook snickers.

"This is not in the schedule." She jokes in annoyed Jin's tone. The said man is only laughing aloud with her mimicry.

Daun thought that they will only have the entire day of her birthday at the orphanage. She had been prepared on enjoying the whole day with the children until Jin bid her Nana goodbye and took her away from the children.

"I don't know what to think anymore!" Daun giggles.

"Don't think." Jin voices.

Giggling, she allows her soulmates to guide her wherever they want her to be. She admits, she doesn't know what to expect. They had been making sure to surprise her with random things, more notably was with Taehyung with that wonderful flower fields. There were minor things like, bringing her new tropical plants, taking her to a cafe at the top of a mountain, or most recently, taking her to a long drive along the provinces near Seoul and stop on a river bank where they chatted almost endlessly with the beautiful scenery of tranquility.

"Okay. Here we are." She hears Namjoon's husky voice as he firmly and lovingly presses her hand on his arm.

"We should have brought you here earlier before the orphanage, but we changed our plans for some final touches." Jin is at her back, busily untying her blind fold. "Ready?"

She nods as she slowly peels her eyes open. She doesn't know what to see actually. They are near the Han River. She sees the river reflecting the orange and red hues of the setting sun and the park nearby. No wonder she had been hearing squealing of playing children at the nearby playground. She is sure that the place was an empty lot. However, in front of her is a two-story building. It seems to be a cozy cafe.

Her brows squint. 'What is the surprise?' She is about to ask when one by one, the lights surrounding them turns on, illuminating the darkening place. Her eyes then pan to the blinking lights of the building's name at the top of it and the little cafe signage at front until they settle into a bright rainbow mix of glow.

DREAM. She reads the large letters on top and to the smaller signage up front... "CAFE & GALLERY OF DREAMS". It's kind of cheesy in a way but...

Her gasp is so loud as she realizes something. Everyone chuckles when a tear drop escapes from her wide doe eyes.

"Imagine a cafe in the ground floor and a gallery at the second floor... What do you want to name it?" Namjoon's voice is a dreamy whisper on her memory. It's a question from few months ago, when she had been so busy with her exhibits... when he was sneaking his way to see her works with the other artists.

"Do you think it would be better to have a permanent showcase of your works? What would it be like?" Taehyung voice echoes. They were in London as they were eating ice cream. He recently asked the same when you were back in your penthouse again with all your piled up canvasses of unfinished paintings.

"If we'll have a cafe in Seoul. Where do you think will it be?" Jimin asks when they were in Busan in his father's own cafe.

"Kitten, do you think it would be better to have an open concept?" Yoongi asked her regarding to a building design. Daun didn't bother to ask what it was for. She just told him here perspectives, knowing how he loves architecture. It was in Japan.

"It would be great if pets are allowed inside a cafe. I remember visiting a dog cafe once. It was so cute. Do you think it would be great to have a cafe with dogs and cats around, right?" Jungkook randomly said while the two of them were in a trip during his birthday.

"Sweet. It's best to have your pastries in a cafe. It would be nice for some people to know how great you are with these." Hoseok mentioned as he was happily munching the cute cupcakes that she made.

"But if that would tire you up, it would be okay. Just do whatever you want." Jin even added as he constantly appreciated their goodness.

Every conversations were just so random but she couldn't help but remember all of those as her heart skips with so much happiness.

"Love? What do you think?" Namjoon asks as he gingerly wipes the happy tears on Daun's face.

"Wahhh... Are you crying?" Jungkook asks, concerned.

"Don't you like it?" Jimin whispers as he pats her right hand, still holding on his arm.

"Is this your surprise?" She already knows the answer with how wide their grins are, but she still couldn't believe it. Knowing how expensive the lot near Han river, she can't quite grasp the thought of them giving her with such grand birthday gift. Building and planning surely took great time. 'When could they have planned all of this?' She thinks.

"We noticed you were quite gloomy when you had to let go painting for a while because you had to be with us always. We know how much apologetic you were when you had to refuse more invitations of showcasing your work." Yoongi informs.

"Then Namjoon told us about your dream about having a gallery." Jin adds.

"Joonie oppa." Daun can only say his name as she moves to embrace the leader.

"This is all yours. The cafe and the gallery. The entire building." Taehyung proudly proclaims.

"Oh!" She gasps. She is feeling so overwhelmed. She doesn't know what to say. What should she say? Her eyes then squints as she notices movements inside the cafe. "Are there people already inside?"

"Well... They are there to put some final touches inside before we can finally open the cafe." Jin casually says.

"Do you want to see what's inside?" Yoongi proudly asks and you just nod.

Happily, your feet almost skips as all of step towards the entrance. They encourage you to open the glass door yourself. Dimples showing with your happiest gummy smile, you reach for the handle and open the door so wide. However, instead of expected workers with hard hats or perhaps electricians with their tools on their hands, you are met with a bunch of familiar faces.

"Surprise! Happy birthday!" A harmony of different voices and loud clapping follows.

Daun's tears flood non stop. Her knees almost buckles, if not with Jungkook's firm hold. "Wha-" She couldn't even speak.

"Happy birthday, dear." Namjoon's mother is the first one to approach with a smiling face and hugs her tightly.

"Saeng il chuk-ha hae!" Mrs. Jeon follows with the rest of her soulmates' parents, not missing to engulf her in a very tight embrace.

The very serious, well-known nagger of a mom, Mrs. Min, holds her shoulders and peers through her eyes. Daun can't help but look at her seven and back to Mrs. Min's solemn face that breaks into a beautiful gummy smile and say the words that she thought she would never hear.

"I am so glad that you are born Daun-ah." Mrs. Min sincerely says. "I am so glad to have you as my daughter." She adds.

That makes her bawl into a cry, making everyone halt whatever they are doing. Her in-laws as they already want her to call them are utterly shocked. Her seven begin to panic with how loud she is sobbing.

"Thank you." Daun is able to utter as laughs whilst still crying. She doesn't care if she looks stupid.

"You're not stupid at all." Yoongi whispers on her ears as he back hugs her, a very rare showcase of his affection to her with other people around.

"Ohhh Darling. What are you on about?" Jin, who immediately gets what Yoongi means, says; "You are the most beautiful person I have ever known." He gently says and kisses her cheeks.

"Happy birthday sweet." Hoseok giggles as he wipes her tears.

Daun wants to say more but the glass door opens with a breathless pregnant young woman which is followed with a young man with a cute chubby toddler on his arms.

"Am I late?" The woman asks to all the people gawking at them.

"Hannah?" Daun's eyes widen. Daun thought that they are on a trip somewhere.

Her bestfriend squeals and jumps to hug her so tightly. "Oh my God. You are a mess! Happy birthday!" Not even minding her idols around.

"Our beautiful mess." Jimin comments as he laughs so loudly, he almost falls to the ground, shattering the silence around.

As if on cue, everyone starts singing and laughing.

With a flushed and messed up face, Daun beams. She couldn't wish anything else.

There is nothing that could make this more perfect than it already is. 

Author's Note:

Hello!

Confession. It's hard to end something that you really love.

2-3 chapters to go! Let's see if I could really do this... Good luck. Yey!

-Gigi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 2.6K 29
SEOKJIN X READER - SOULMATE AU ✔ (will be edited) ♡♡♡ Meeting my soulmate, my real one for the first time did not happen the way it should have. But...
111K 3.8K 38
On your 21st birthday, for 1 month, every day, for 1 hour, you and your soul mate switch bodies. This is a Kim NamJoon fan fic and all the events th...
498K 25.4K 41
It's nearly easy as breathing (for six of them, at least) for BTS to pretend to be just like everyone else - humans with big dreams and aspirations...
16K 1.1K 39
Kim Haeun , A normal girl working hard but still not being enough , she always thought it was a curse to be a woman . after catching her cheating bas...