The Darkest Temptation ✔️

By Midika

*Mature Content Warning* I rest both my hands against the table. "I'll go on another date with you, if you t... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
Epilogue

EIGHT

9.2K 303 42
By Midika

Word Count: 1396

~Tove

I stare at the Noble, a chill racing down my spine, and not just because of the bitter air the open door it letting in.

"Where is my friend?" I ask slowly.

If he is taken her to manipulate me...my priorities will have to change.

"Right here. She is how I found you." He grabs to the left of him, tugging my friend over into view. Her gaze is trained down at her feet, the pained look on her face suggesting she has done this terrible thing.

"Mary..."

She looks up suddenly, anger flaring in her eyes. "I'm sorry Tove, but I'm not going to let a Demon hurt you because of me."

"So you told a Noble where I was?" I can hardly believe it. I'm not even sure how she managed to pull it off, but I suppose it makes sense why she was so eager to head toward the main village.

Mary's expression breaks. I've hurt her, and now she's hurt me. But this doesn't feel even...

Because she has knowingly signed her own death sentence.

"I had to. I wasn't going to let you make a deal with a Demon to save my life," she insists. Dax nods along with her, looking at me as if I'm insane for what position I've put myself into.

Maybe I am, but what other choice do I have.

Slowly, I start backing away, the uneven floor creaking beneath me. "I'm not going with you."

There is no hint of amusement in Dax's eyes as he strides into the house. Instead, there's just determination, and now amount of me scrambling away is going to get me out of this.

"I'm afraid I'm not asking anymore, Tove," he mutters.

"You really expect me to willingly agree to be locked up for what could be the rest of my life?" I snap, keeping my eyes on his bare hands, knowing he could take me anywhere he pleases the moment he touches me.

I could transport myself away...I could escape. I doubt Dax knows much about my powers, but I can't just leave Mary here with him.

I need to know she is safe.

"It won't be the rest of your life. Just until we get Keo in custody," he assures me. I can't tell if he's trying to be kind because he means it, or because it's the only way he knows how to lie.

"You've been chasing him for decades. What makes you think you'll catch him now?" I'm almost yelling at this point.

Dax frowns, still advancing on, although slowly, as if not to scare me into running before he can get his hands on me.

He looks over me. "We will have something he wants."

"He doesn't want me." Even as I say that, I know I'm wrong. Keo has gone as far to strike a deal with me in order to use my magic for whatever he needs.

"I disagree," he breathes.

"I'm not going with you."

Turning swiftly, I make toward the bedroom. Dax follows me, but I'm far quicker than him, as throw the window open and dive out into the snow.

The impact strikes my shoulder, snow scattering all about as I scramble up. Looking back, Dax is cursing under his breath, but before he can transport himself out to me, I transport myself as far away as I can manage.

My feet hit hard ground as I slam forward into a wall.

"Ow," I mutter, rubbing my jaw and I pull back, looking around me.

I'm in a cobblestone street, and by the slick ice under foot, I'm still in the same Territory.

I feel bad for leaving Mary with him. Part of me thinks I should go back, to get her...I just need to hold onto the hope that the Noble's aren't going to do anything to her.

"Keo...I know you can hear me, or sense me or whatever. Please come get me," I call out, voice echoing through the streets as I start stalking through them.

Nothing. Just cold, bitter emptiness.

He's close, I know it. He's biding his time, which means-

Dax suddenly appears right in front of me, stopping me short.

"I'm sorry I have to do this against your will, Tove. But this is for your safety," he says, before his hand slams around my wrist, and the world starts to fall away from under my feet, just like when I use my own powers.

I scream.

My feet touch marbled ground. Pushing away from Dax I look around.

We are not in Territory Seven anymore.

An impressively large, lavish foyer stretches out over me. It takes a few blinks for me to realise exactly where we are.

The Noble's manor in Territory One.

I whirl around, facing Dax. "I can't believe you did that."

"You're safe here. Keo won't risk getting close enough for us to sense him," he tells me quietly, tucking his hands behind his back.

I look around again. As beautiful as this place is, it's like a fortress. No one is meant to leave here unless the Noble's want them too, which makes it the perfect place to hold me...

I can escape. I can transport myself out of here, unless this place is nullifying my magic. Dax seems convinced I won't leave, but that could be because he doesn't think I'm stupid enough to run again

"I don't want to be here for so many years..."

"Perhaps in time, if we don't catch him soon, we can relocate you elsewhere for your protection," he says with a shrug, strolling back and forth.

Behind him, are large glass doors that extend to the ceiling. Beyond, a neat garden filled with plants I know don't grow naturally in this Territory.

I blink. "Rewrite my entire life? No thank you."

"I don't think you're understanding. Keo will take you, use you, abuse you, and then dump you like you are nothing, because no one means anything to him. Got it?" He growls lowly.

It's the first time I've seen him close to true anger. A chill streaks through me as I back away a step.

"Dax..."

A runs a hand through his deep brown curls. "Your rooms will be prepared. I'm going to get Mary."

And with that, he vanishes.

I grit my teeth, trying not to scream with frustration. He's locked me up, in this disastrously beautiful home that I may never escape.

I'm not sure how long I wander around, checking every outer door, only to find it locked. This place is endlessly sprawling, and by the time I make it upstairs, I'm exhausted.

Eventually I come across a single unlocked door upstairs, which I assume is by design, because when I step inside, I realise it's a bedroom.

My nose scrunches up. This sucks.

I gaze out the window, seeing the city of Territory One stretching out into the distance.

Something flutters to the floor next to me. A folded up piece of paper.

Frowning, I stoop to pick it up, spreading it out flat, reading the nearly written words.

I'll come for you, darling Toven.

It's not addressed, but it's clear who this is from.

"Darling," I mutter, scrunching the note up in my fist.

"Tove..."

Flinching, I turn, looking toward the door as Mary steps in, Dax lingering behind her. Snow still lingers atop her shoulders, all the colour drained from her face.

"Please, don't, Mary," I mutter. I don't want to hear her justify this.

"You must understand why I'm doing this."

"Yet you don't understand why I'm willing to do this, to save your life," I remind her, digging my hands into my hair.

Her expression breaks, as she takes my hands into her freezing ones. "I won't let you."

I shake my head, knowing what I have to do. "Then I won't stay here."

"I'm afraid you don't have any other choice," Dax mutters from the doorway.

I look back at Mary.

I'm selling my soul to a Demon. I'm giving my life over to him, to let him use me as he pleases. He's going to come for me...he's going to get what he wants.

And soon.

🤎••🤎

Want more? You can read 10 chapters ahead on Radish!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter (:

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 4.6K 40
(COMPLETED) (Highest rank #7) We stared at each other. My palms starts to sweat. My heart was beating fast. Im trembling in a good way. For Pete's sa...
296 19 5
*werewolf story* What do you do when the one who is supposed to love and protect you says they must kill you. You were born for that one person and o...
141K 3.5K 30
"Scream for me my sweet" he whispered from behind me as he roughly pulled my head back by my hair. His words and the way he handled me, aroused me m...
71.7K 2.4K 44
A/N: People seem to think that this is a werewolf story and adding it to their werewolf reading list, it's not, it does have some werewolves in it bu...