The Writer's Assistant (ManxM...

By letsgohomehidee

The one rule Daniel has for himself? Don't date your boss. And it's the one rule he can't help but break. The... More

✏Summary✏
✏Author's Note✏
Chapter 1: Oliver Carl...Son?
Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'
Chapter 3: A Pickle
Chapter 4: A Monstrous Call
Exclusive Chapter: Oliver's POV
Chapter 6: A hobbit
Chapter 7: Cats > Humans
Chapter 8: Polka dots
Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous
Chapter 10: The Boutique
Chapter 11: Black Suits and Ex's
Chapter 12: Are You Gay?
Chapter 13: Love Me Not
Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction
Chapter 15: Step on me daddy
Chapter 16: An Urgent Matter
Story Branch: Aaron's side story
Q&A + character interview
Chapter 17: Strangely Perfect
Chapter 18: Drawing the Line
Chapter 19: Daddy material
Chapter 20: Love Sick
Chapter 21: Fantasies
Chapter 22: A Red Flag
Chapter 23: Touch Yourself
Chapter 24: Spread Your Legs
Chapter 25: A Quickie
Chapter 26: The Straightest Man Alive
Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes
Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos
Chapter 28: How Many Fingers?
Chapter 29: All the way in...
Chapter 30: Swimming Date
Chapter 31: Waterproof Underwear
Chapter 32: Drowning
Chapter 33: Wet in the Public Showers
Chapter 34: Slow Strokes
Chapter 35: Sinking Deeper
Chapter 36: Gym Buddies
Chapter 37: Public Shower Stalls
Chapter 38: Captain Pussy
Chapter 39: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 40: Lilies and Roses
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: Inside-Out
Chapter 43: A Squirter
Chapter 44: Congratulations, it's a girl!
Chapter 45: A Writer
Chapter 46: An Uncertain Future
Chapter 47: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 48: Bloody Mary
Chapter 49: Butt Dialling and Strippers
Chapter 50: The Villain in my Book
Chapter 51: Make-up Sex (SMUT)
Chapter 52: Hollywood's Best Gay Actor
Chapter 53: Oliver x Aaron
Chapter 54: The Last Interview
Chapter 55: Boyfriend and Lover
✨Published✨

Chapter 5: Blue

17K 1.2K 728
By letsgohomehidee

A/N: July 31, 2022

Terribly sorry for the slow update 😭🙏 I hope you guys are well!

How are you enjoying your summer? Have you guys traveled/plan on traveling? ✨

Please leave a vote for this chapter, it would mean a lot ❣

🏠🏠🏠

We never spoke of that night. I wanted to be angry at Oliver, but it wasn't his fault for sneezing. I was the one who drunk texted my ex-boyfriend, and I was also the one who lost my phone. There was no reason for me to hold a grudge. 

I was getting ready to go to work until I got a call from Jack. 

"You're alive!" he exclaimed. "Did you get home safely?"

"Mhm," I mumbled. I told him what happened after we left the bar. 

"Did he seriously call his Twingo the batmobile?" Jack laughed. "His humor is top tier! I love this guy."

I didn't say anything. 

"Hey, don't be upset. He went through a lot of trouble to find you your phone," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"We spent about an hour looking for it. He asked all the employees and went up to random strangers, even me! He asked if they could cut the music and if everyone could get off the dance floor so he could see if anyone found his phone," he said. "I gave up, but he kept looking."

He did? But he told me he found it on the floor. 

I felt a pang of guilt. 

"So don't be so mad at him. Plus, he gave you a free ride home," Jack said. After the call, I drove to Oliver's place.

I knocked on the door and Oliver opened it. He was wearing pink hippo pajamas. 

"Goodmorning, Oliver," I smiled. "I bought you coffee. I wasn't sure if you wanted sugar or not."

"Oh, thank you," he said. 

"Is that a donut in your hand?" I asked, staring at the half eaten bread. 

"Yes, it's my breakfast."

He was about to take another bite but I quickly stopped him. 

"How about I make you breakfast? Something healthier," I said. He didn't answer but let me inside. I picked up a paper and pencil on the floor and put it in front of him. He sat down at the table, pulling his knees against his chest as he munched on his sugar glazed donut.

"I didn't know we were having a quiz this morning," he said, his eyebrows crinkling in confusion.

"Could you write down if you have any allergies and what kind of food you like and don't like?" I asked. "Oh, and do you mind if I open your fridge?"

"Be my guest," he said, with icing on his beard. I realized he had eaten the donut in his hand, and I held back a sigh. I went through his fridge. There was almost nothing. Just some water, some coffee, and a block of cheese. 

Oliver finished writing his answers and handed me his paper. 

Oliver's: 

Allergies: vegetables
Likes: donuts
Dislikes: vegetables

This was a man child. A tall, gigantic, man child who sneezed like a monster.

"Which vegetable are you allergic to?" I asked. 

"All of them."

"What do you usually have for breakfast?" 

"Donuts and coffee."

"And for lunch?"

"Anything I find in the fridge."

"You eat a block of cheese for lunch?" I scowled.

"Do I have a block of cheese in the fridge?" he asked. 

"Yes?"

"Then yes."

Oliver may be a brilliant writer, but he definitely was something else. 

"Okay, we can talk about your schedule later, but for now, let's go to the groceries. Camillia already gave me a budget so you don't have to worry about the money. We'll go to the groceries together."

He scratched his beard.

"Sounds like a lot of trouble."

"Will you get ready, please?"

He didn't look very happy but he went to take a shower. Meanwhile, I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. I had some spare time and started cleaning his living room, throwing out all the trash. I made sure not to throw anything that seemed important, but something in the room caught my eye. I went to the glass closet and looked at all his awards. He won so many awards and prizes.

Oliver was a brilliant writer, but he hadn't been active for years. I wondered why an amazing author like him hadn't published anything for so long and suddenly just disappeared. Camillia said he needed a personal assistant to get his writing life together. The last book he published was five years ago, and people were still talking about it. His novel was adapted into a film, but even with so much attention, he never attended any of the award shows and never showed his face. You couldn't have that little press talk if you didn't deliberately turn it down. I was certain he'd be more successful with more press coverage, so why did he choose to stay away from the public eye? And why did he go on hiatus for five years without leaving a sign of life?

Oliver was famous for, well, not being famous. It seemed like he avoided becoming famous at all costs. Did he hate the idea of people recognizing him? Was he scared people would judge him? No, if that was the problem, he wouldn't be walking in broad daylight in jeans and sandals. 

Oliver seemed to be a mystery. He was another species I'd never met before. Even with all the prior research I'd done on him, he seemed like a normal guy who happened to be a best selling author but who also mysteriously disappeared. 

I picked up the bag of trash and headed to the kitchen, but I saw Oliver walk out of the bathroom bare naked. He held a towel in front of his crotch, but the rest of his body was bare skin. I gasped and quickly looked away, but not before seeing his six-pack abs. 

Holy hell, how did he have such a great body?! How did someone who ate donuts for breakfast have a body like that? He must have seen me.

"I forgot my clothes," he said, disappearing into his room.

"O-Okay," I stammered, unable to erase his body from my mind. 

"Daniel, can you grab me a dry towel?"

I gulped nervously. I went to the bathroom and found a dry towel. 

"Where do you want me to leave it?" I asked, stopping at his door. I didn't dare go in. 

"You can come in my room," he said. 

A second gulp. My mind began to panic, but it would be weird if I didn't go in. I stepped in and he pulled up his jeans, but his back was faced toward me. His broad, muscular back flexed as he reached for a shirt. I needed to stop checking him out but his shoulders were round and huge. Did he get that body in the military? He pulled a shirt over his head and a unicorn came into sight, covering his majestic body. There was a unicorn cartoon printed on the back of his shirt.

Oliver sat on his bed, and it squeaked beneath his weight, making it look rather small and frail. I would have thought it was sexy if he weren't putting on Christmas green socks. 

If he had a body like that, it made me wonder what his face looked like under that beard. He glanced at me, noticing me staring.

"Your towel!" I stammered.

"Thanks," he said, coming up to me. His tall body towered over me, and I felt myself shrink beneath his height. He smelled nice too, like fresh pine and something crisp. He took the towel and dried his hair, raising his bangs for only a millisecond before it fell again. 

Blue. His eyes were blue. 

🏠🏠🏠

A/N: Okay, okay, so what do we think of Oliver now? 🥵🥵

Should I do a character aesthetic chapter for this book? I know readers have mixed feelings about character aesthetic chapters. Let me know in the comments!

I hope all of you are enjoying this story till now!

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm writing another MxM book on Wattpad called "My Lovely Roommate." I just updated chapter 8,9 & 10 (yes, I'm spoiling my Homies today 💅)

Make sure to check it out and add it to your reading list to stay updated for the next chapter! ;) It's actually one of my fav books despite some of the harsh scenes 🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5.5K 24
Coming from a mostly poor family, you always strive to amount to something so you could help out and make sure that they were okay. As a way to keep...
87.5K 4.1K 13
LOVERS ON CAMERA. BEST FRIENDS BEHIND IT. BUT ONE THING'S CERTAIN: THE KISSING SCENES ARE DEFINITELY NOT SCRIPTED. 25-year-old actors Jaxon Lewis and...
223K 11.5K 45
A plan. A disguise. A checklist. Time to play cupid. Copyright © 2019 by jayscitylights. All Rights Reserved.
1.1M 64.5K 37
*COMPLETED* Short excerpts and skits of 4 teenage boys and their fluffy lives! Read on to follow their wild & funny adventures. Warning: This story...