After the first task

Від Irish_Wolves

By: sheltie Published with permission This takes place after the first task of the Tri-Wizard tournament. Ev... Більше

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
Epilogue

14

2.9K 114 14
Від Irish_Wolves

Cornelius Fudge sat in a private room in Three Broomsticks with his assistant Percy and four aurors. They were all very unhappy that they didn't have their wands on them. On the other side were Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Daphne, and Susan. The six teens frisked the four aurors, the Minister and Percy before having them enter the room. The room itself was protected by every kind of listening charm possible.

"So Minister Fudge, what is you want to talk to me about?" Harry asked pleasantly.

Fudge took a deep breath to regain his composure.

"Well Harry, I was wondering if you'd make a statement in the Prophet about me" Fudge said.

"What kind of statement?" Harry asked curiously.

"Oh, you know, telling the public to support me and that I will lead them through whatever crisis that might arise" Fudge said.

"Interesting, but sadly, I'm endorsing Amelia Bones for Minister" Harry said.

Fudge's face went quite red at this.

"What?"

"Yeah, you see I've had many long talks with Amelia and if we are going to beat Voldemort," Fudge, Percy, and the aurors flinched at the name, "then we'll need a Minister not afraid of fighting back."

"Surely Harry, you know that I'll do anything in my power to protect the wizarding world" Fudge said.

"I don't think so, since all you've done was listen to a Death Eater for the past who knows how many years" Harry said.

"What do you mean?" Fudge asked confused.

"Lucius Malfoy" Harry answered.

"I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but I hope we can get beyond that" Fudge said smoothly.

"Sorry, but I can't, since I know who's been lining your pockets with gold for many years. Besides I think it is time for a just Minister" Harry said.

Fudge was now desperate, he knew that if he didn't get Potter on his side he would lose everything that he's worked hard for.

"Surely Harry there is something I can do for you" Fudge said in a smooth politician kind of voice.

"Are you trying to bribe me?" Harry asked quirking a brow.

"I wouldn't call it a bribe Harry, more like a favor" Fudge said smoothly.

Harry turned to look at Hermione.

"What do you think Hermione?" he asked.

"I'm not sure Harry" Hermione said with a frown.

Fudge sat back as he watched the group of teenagers. Something was niggling in the back of his mind as he looked at them. He frowned as he tried to think of what he was forgetting.

Daphne was watching the Minister and smiled.

"I think the Minister is close to figuring it out" the Slytherin said.

That's when it hit them, these were the children of great Ancient and Noble families. His eyes widen and he began to sweat.

"I think he has figured Daph" Neville said chuckling.

"You're the, it can't be, it just can't be" Fudge sputtered.

Percy and the aurors were confused as to why Fudge was now acting so panicky.

"It's true Minister" Harry said smiling.

"But it can't be, never has this ever happened" Fudge said.

"Well Minister, I have a way of doing the impossible" Harry said nonchalantly.

The others snorted with laughter at this.

"Sir, what are you talking about?" Percy asked with confusion.

"I'm shocked at you Percy. You're a pureblood, yet you have any idea who are the Ancient and Noble families are" Susan said.

Percy still looked confused.

Susan sighed, "The Ancient and Noble families are the oldest families in the wizarding Britain. In fact they were on the first meeting of the Wizengamot. They helped establish much of the wizarding world that is here today. The families are all connected to one another through various things such as marriages, business deals and other things. In fact the five families own much of the wizarding world."

"That's preposterous" Percy said.

"Oh, Percy, you slept through History of Magic, didn't you" Harry said shaking his head.

Percy glared at Harry.

"Susan, would you do the honors?" Harry asked.

The Hufflepuff smiled and nodded. She then gave Percy and the four aurors a history lesson about the Ancient and Noble families. When she was finished there was a lot of pale faces in the room.

"So you see, you don't need me. It's more that you need us" Harry said grinning.

Fudge sputtered for a bit as he tried to wrap his head around this new change.

"Oh dear, it appears that the Minister is suffering from nargles" Luna said dreamily.

"It appears that way Luna" Neville said chuckling.

/Scene Break/

The whole group had a meeting that night and with Dumbledore's Pensieve they watched the meeting with Fudge.

"Merlin, I think Fudge soiled himself" Sirius said chuckling.

"He probably did since he realized who was really in power" Adrian said grinning.

"Yes, this will work to our advantage" Amelia said grinning also.

"Quite, splendid job, all of you" Dumbledore said with his eyes twinkling.

The teens smiled.

"I think the Minister is willing to listen to just about anything we say" Susan said.

"Yes, and we have him so freaked that he's willing to go along with just about anything too, just to keep his job" Daphne said.

"So we're all in agreement that Fudge stay in office?" Hermione asked.

"For now, but if he makes one step the wring way we sack him and Amelia is made Minister" Harry said.

Everyone agreed with that and they began to plan on what they could pass through as laws.

/Scene Break/

Daphne sighed as she made her way back to the Slytherin dorms after the meeting. She entered the common room and found it quite empty. This made her on edge. She muttered the password to draw her wand from her holster she had on her wrist. She survey the room before stepping in. The first spell came at her from her left. Daphne ducked and fired in the direction of the fired spell. Another spell came flying in from Daphne's right and she rolled forward to avoid it. Another spell came in this time right in front of her. This made Daphne roll to her left, but then she was hit by a spell from that side and she heard her shoulder bone break. Daphne hissed in pain as she did her best not to roll onto the broken shoulder. Once she was upright she felt another curse hit her leg, which made her buckle. That spell shattered her ankle.

Daphne slowly got up putting all her weight on her uninjured ankle and saw her attackers emerge from the shadows. It was Malfoy, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott. Daphne glared each of them in turn.

"Well lookie here boys" Malfoy said smirking.

"Touch me and die" Daphne growled.

This made Nott and Blaise pause for a moment, but Malfoy's smirk never left his face.

"Crabbe, Goyle" Malfoy ordered.

The two lumbering bookends walked forward now towering over Daphne.

"We'll teach you to respect your betters" Malfoy said now smiling sinisterly.

Malfoy sauntered forward til he was standing in front of Daphne. For the first time Daphne felt fear. She squeezed her eyes shut praying for someone to help her. She heard two thuds. This caused her to open her eyes and found Crabbe and Goyle on the ground unconscious.

"What's this?" Malfoy shouted.

Soon Malfoy was hit with a spell that made him fall over screaming in pain. Nott was next then Blaise. The three boys were on the ground in pain.

Harry took off his invisibility cloak and walked to Daphne and knelt next to her.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked with concern.

"Fine, my shoulder is broken though" Daphne said.

We'll get you to Poppy. I'll someone else clean this mess up" Harry said.

Harry then scooped Daphne up bridal style and carried her to the hospital wing.

/Scene Break/

Madam Pomfrey was just getting ready for bed when the ward went off, which let her know that someone had entered her wing.

"Mr. Potter, what is it now?" Pomfrey asked with a sigh.

"Not me Poppy, it's Daphne" Harry said as he laid the Slytherin on one of the beds.

Pomfrey ignored Harry calling her by her first name and began to check out Daphne.

"She has a broken shoulder and her ankle his shattered, what caused this?" Pomfrey asked.

"Her fellow Slytherins attacked her" Harry said.

Pomfrey was shocked, but then went to work healing Daphne.

Hermione came rushing in next followed by Dumbledore and McGonagall.

"Mr. Potter what happened?" McGonagall asked.

Daphne told the story with Harry jumping in with when he appeared.

"I didn't do any damage that can't be fixed with a day or two in here. I could've done worse since I warned them before" Harry said.

"I see Harry, forty points each shall be taken for each student that attacked miss Greengrass and I believe fifty to you for saving Miss Greengrass" Dumbledore said.

Harry didn't say a thing, but nodded.

Snape entered next with the five Slytherins in tow.

"There's Potter, he's the one that hexed us" Nott shouted pointing at Harry.

"Potter, I'll have you expelled for this" Snape shouted.

"Really Severus, I think we'll need to have a long talk about that."

Snape turned around and found Dumbledore standing there along with McGonagall. Both looked unhappy and that didn't bode well for the greasy potion master.

"Headmaster, Potter here maliciously used dark curse on my students" Snape said and looked at Harry with a glare.

"I did no such thing. The only curses I used were standard ones that anyone can learn" Harry said calmly.

Snape's glare intensified.

"I've heard his story Severus, and it sounds quite plausible" McGonagall said.

Snape tried to glare at McGonagall, but it was hard since the glare she was giving him could probably neuter him.

"Headmaster-"

"Severus, why don't we all discuss this in my office. I think Miss Greengrass needs her rest as well as the rest of the students. Poppy, I know you'll care for them" Dumbledore said.

Pomfrey nodded and three teachers left.

"How are you Daph?" Hermione asked with concern.

"I'll be alright, if it wasn't for Harry then I'd be in trouble" Daphne said.

"Yeah, Dobby warned me as soon as he could and I got there as fast I could. I'm glad I got there just in time" Harry said.

Hermione squeezed Daphne's good shoulder and she and Harry left.

/Scene Break/

"I want that brat expelled Albus" Snape shouted.

The three teachers were in the headmaster's office.

"Now Severus, I've heard Miss Greengrass' story and what Harry has said too and it sounds like the most reasonable explanation" Dumbledore said.

"He's obviously lying" Snape said.

"Severus, I highly doubt that Mr. Potter is lying. Miss Greengrass' story is quite convincing" McGonagall said.

"He confounded her somehow," Snape said.

McGonagall snorted at this and Snape glared at her.

"Severus, we've seen Miss Greengrass and there doesn't look like any spell has hit her. She is quite lucid" Dumbledore said.

"Potter did something to her, I know it" Snape said.

McGonagall was getting very tired and annoyed at this. She just wanted to hex the greasy potion master then go to bed right now.

"It's late, why don't we call it a night and discuss this tomorrow" Dumbledore said as he looked at his watch.

Snape looked ready to object, but he saw that McGonagall looked tired and her hand was very close to her wand. So he decided to save his own skin and agreed with Dumbledore.

/Scene Break/

News spread the next morning on how Harry took out five Slytherins. Now there were several stories. Some were that the five Slytherins cornered Harry and Harry had to fight his way out. Another that Harry went looking for a fight an the other, which was the real story was Harry was protecting someone. This story was the one heard most and believe the most too. Though who Harry was protecting was up for debate. Most said it was Hermione others said it was either Susan, Luna, or Daphne. None could agree on that.

"It's amazing the stuff you hear" Hermione said as she buttered her toast.

"Yeah, and the fact that the story is true though it doesn't look like they can decided who I was protecting" Harry said.

"Leave them in the dark, it doesn't matter" Daphne said.

"Daph's right, we shouldn't care what is being said" Susan said.

"Well I can't really since I have the gossip girls in my dorm" Hermione said.

"Like you listened to them before" Luna said.

"Well it's kind of hard not to" Hermione said pouting.

This caused the boys to chuckle and the girls to giggle.

"Anyway, I think this is a good story for the Prophet" Harry said.

The others nodded in agreement and Hermione started to write a letter to Penny.

/Scene Break/

Penny sighed as she walked up to the castle that she used to call home. She got Hermione's letter and left her office as soon as she could. This was a story that couldn't leave hanging.

"Miss Clearwater, what are you doing here?" McGonagall asked.

"I'm here to see Harry professor" Penny said.

"Please call me Minerva, I'm not your professor anymore" McGonagall said.

"I'll try, Minerva" Penny said testing out the name.

"Come with me, I believe I know where they are" McGonagall said.

Penny followed her old professor until they reached Harry's quarters. McGonagall gave the password and Penny stepped in.

"Ah Penny, good to see you" Harry said smiling.

"Hello Harry, Hermione" Penny said.

"Penny, this is Susan, Neville, Luna, and Daphne" Hermione said pointing out her friends.

"Nice to meet you all" Penny said.

They greeted Penny back and Harry offered Penny a seat asked if she'd like a drink. Once Penny had a cold Butterbeer in hand she got down to business. Once she was done she hung out with the group and laughed at what was going on. They even gave her information on what happened with the meeting they had with the Minister. Penny jotted down more notes and knew she had at least two stories that would make her a big name. Susan helped Penny with the information about the Ancient and Noble families. Penny paid close attention to this.

/Scene Break/

Five Students Attack a Fellow Classmate

Was the headline on the paper the next day. Though Penny kept Daphne's name out of it. She gave out Malfoy's, Nott's, Crabbe's, Goyle's, and Zabini's. This made the five Slytherin's lives horrible since they were being glared at by their own house and got letters from home berating them. Snape glared at Harry and began plotting ways of hurting him. Then he grinned. Granger was the boy's weakness. All he needed to do was attack Granger and the boy will fall.

/Scene Break/

The next few days articles of the meeting Harry had with the Minister and about the Ancient and Noble families flood the pages. Now, not many of the old families remembered the Ancient and Noble families and how they had so much power. But with this article it brought to light who was really in power in wizarding Britain.

/Scene Break/

Fudge was sweating profusely when he read this and knew he had to do something to hopefully get the Potter boy on his side, but what was the question.

/Scene Break/

Voldemort read the article and snorted. He didn't believe all this stuff about Ancient and Noble families and decided he could easily wipe them out without a worry. So he began to plot on how to do it.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

36.5K 636 15
I always imagined that Harry and Hermione would end up together. In my opinion, it could not end otherwise. That's why, even after I finished reading...
313K 10K 28
Harry is sent to Azkaban after the Triwizard tournament. Can he survive without his soul mate? Is his soul mate alive?
34.3K 1.6K 19
𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 ━━━━━━━ IN WHICH Clover Carstairs' sixth year is filled to the brim with new found friends and a rather peculiar...
4.7K 165 8
Being called the Heir of Slytherin certainly affected Harry. While down in the chamber Harry found some shocking news. In the end, the Harry that we...