Tyranny

By ShenSratos

In the world where all hopes of humanity are lost to the Primordial beings' reawakening, known as Tyrants, th... More

Reawakening
Operation Squad
Lycan Appears
Agent Lycan
Arachnoia
Retake
Assembly
Kidnap
The Rescue
Info and Rivalry
Impostors
Facing the Past
Declaration of War
War
Half the Force, Double the Fury
Fall before Rise
Ortus
Rest
Flashback
Flashback Continued
Ortus Continued
Ypsosi
Abduction
End of Tyranny
Aftermath
End

Beginning of the End

3 1 0
By ShenSratos

Madelyn was unconscious. She had no idea when she was taken out of the ocean by Wawet, given CPR by Parker, taken to the medical team in base camp. Hours later, she came back to her senses.

Madelyn opened her eyes, lying on her bed wide. She still can't forget the betrayal she got from Erik. She wanted to cry but she didn't want to shed her tears for him. Madelyn's teammates came in the room to notice she's awake. 

"Madelyn! You're awake?" Aaron asked.

Madelyn nodded.

"Oh Gosh we were all so worried! How did you reach the ocean?" Aaron asked.

"Erik." Madelyn said.

"Erik?" Aaron asked.

"He threw me." Madelyn said.

"Threw you?" Aaron asked.

"Erik betrayed us. He used us to be the new Father." Madelyn said, holding back her tears.

"I'm sure Erik must have hidden agenda. You are his sister, you too believe in this right?" Aaron asked.

Madelyn remained silent.

"You're mistrusting him Madelyn!" Aaron screamed, while Madelyn still remained silent, looking away.

Jacob tried to calm Aaron, while Selena and Ciaran looked towards the ground.

After few hours, when Madelyn was feeling better, she went to Parker's office. When she entered the office, Parker and Naomi was talking about Tyrants.

"... I think the same as well." Parker said.

"May I come in?" Madelyn asked.

"Yes, please." Parker said.

"Madelyn, how are you? Feeling better?" Parker asked being concerned.

"Yes I am fine." Madelyn replied.

"By the way, I know it is not the right time to ask this, but..." Parker was about to ask something, when Madelyn cut her off by saying, "Erik betrayed us."

Parker was silent.

"Yes, you heard it right. Apparently, the Father was changed since the previous one was defeated by some human. Erik killed the current Father, claiming his throne to be the new Father of Tyrants. He said he wanted to rule this world, that's why he did it." Madelyn said with an emotionless face, clenching her fists behind her back.

"Zedd's of no use to them now, I see." Lionel said, while appearing from behind Madelyn, cloaked, tapping her shoulder, making her loosen her clenched fists. She was shocked, seeing Lionel back.

"Finally we meet. Where were you this whole time?" Parker asked Lionel, while Madelyn was still in shock, looking towards Lionel.

"So what is your plan now Lionel? The new Father was someone who grew here. He knows our moves, our techniques. He can defeat us quickly." Parker said.

"We need to use trickery this time." Lionel said thinking.

Everyone was silent for a while.

"Alright. Call everyone for a meeting." Lionel said.

"Meeting?" Parker asked.

"Yes." Lionel said confidently.

An Urgent Meeting was called. Everyone was assembled in the Assembly Hall, confused about the agenda and the announcement about today's meeting.

Lionel and Parker along with Naomi and Madelyn came. Watching Madelyn there, her teammates grew anxious.

"Today, we have an important announcement. An important update coming from Madelyn Spencer from my squad." Parker said.

Madelyn came in front, and begun, "As you all know my brother, Erik Spencer, also known as Agent Lycan, he has betrayed us all. I'm ashamed to say that he is now new Father of the Tyrants." Madelyn lowered her head in embarrassment.

"I knew that he would betray us!" one of the soldiers cried.

"We should've killed him when we had the chance!" another soldier cried.

"Stop everybody!" Lionel said, making everyone quiet, "The girl here is informing us about him. She already is in a state of shock after receiving betrayal from her beloved brother. As you all know, he tossed her to ocean like a trash. She too deserves revenge. She has been here with her friends since childhood, he was her only family, who betrayed her."

Everyone started looking down.

"She is our family Lionel." Parker said.

"I don't think they treat her that way." Lionel said.

"She is our family sir!" Aaron said.

"Yes sir, she is our family!" Selena begun, joined by Jacob, Ciaran and even Naomi.

Madelyn started looking around, struggling to control her tears.

"Then are you all helping out your family member?" Lionel asked.

"Yes sir!" they all replied in unison.

"If they can, why can't you all? Aren't Ops a family? When you all were in trouble, they were there to help, like a family. They stayed with us in our moments of sorrows and joys. Aren't you all, going to help them?" Lionel asked glaring other soldiers, specially the ones who were creating chaos.

"Yes sir!" the other soldiers replied, including them.

"Good." Lionel said.

"Now listen everyone. The enemy now is someone who grew here. He knows our ways and techniques pretty well. But this time we are going to use a little trickery." Lionel said.

Three days later

Soldiers started jumping and running silently, in a sneaky manner in Tyrants' city area, avoiding every Tyrant in the way.

"This whole time, using our ninja strategies, we attacked under the cloak of night. This time we will attack in broad daylight." Parker recalls Lionel saying this during planning session.

Few Tyrants were in the way. The soldiers sneak pass them. One of the soldier accidentally breaks a twig, catching the attention of the Tyrant. The Tyrant tries to approach the source of sound, when another soldier throws a stone in a distant area, distracting the Tyrant. By the time the Tyrant comes back to check, they were gone.

The soldiers were prepared in the borders of the city, waiting for orders to attack.

"What about the Impostors Lionel?" Parker recalls she asks Lionel.

"To avoid that, we will tell everyone to train for whole week, but after three days, during day time, we shall attack." Parker recalls Lionel replies with this.

"I don't think we are doing this as securing our grounds. Its more like a surprise attack." Jacob says.

"Yeah I too feel the same." Madelyn says.

"Captain! Look at this." one of the scouts calls for Lionel, to look through the spyglass.

Lionel comes out of hiding. He was in a new armour, a bit different, upgraded one. It was similar to the previous ones, but this armour was more thin, had more joints for more free movements, a bit lighter than the previous one, and had two scabbards, carrying two swords- one which he made in his childhood, the sword he used till date, and the other one he made in his vacation.

Lionel looks through the spyglass for a while. "I can see Erik there, looking our way. He's grinning eerily." Lionel says.

"What?" Parker asks.

"This was all a set up. He knew we are coming." Lionel said. "I actually expected that." Lionel started smiling.

"Why are you smiling sir?" the soldier who used to create chaos this whole time in the assemblies asked in confusion.

"Imre Farlen. Right?" Lionel asked, without turning back.

"Yes?" he replied in confusion.

"You are the Impostor right?" Lionel asked.

"Sir?" Imre asked.

"You are the impostor." Lionel said again.

"There must be some mistake sir, how can I be-" Imre was replying when Lionel threw shurikens at him, which penetrated his chest.

"A normal human would've fallen by now. Those are my venomous shurikens. Need more proof?" Lionel said. "Three days ago in assembly, when everyone went emotional and started calling themselves family, there was a look of disgust in your face. That caught my attention."

Imre started laughing.

"Guess you found me then. Well, I wasn't the one leaking the information though. You forgot that any organism can be an Impostor. Any thing. Even the worm stuck in your shoe, bug stuck in your cloth, anything." Imre said and started laughing.

Parker suddenly beheads him. "Very irritating he was." she said.

Everyone went silent.

"Mam! we see the Guard Tyrants approaching us!" one of the soldiers screamed.

Parker, Lionel and others looked at the direction they all came from. They saw many 100m Tyrants approaching, some with their hands morphed as weapons, some similar to the one that attacked Madelyn's village, just huge in size.

"I guess my time has come now." Parker mumbled to herself, and went ahead, calling everyone to assemble.

She switches on her recorder and begins, "Aaron Prince, after my demise, you are the new Commander, new In-Charge of Operation Squad. Lead us to victory the way Emmett used to lead us." She stops her recording and passes it to Lionel.

"Listen up everyone! Former teammates of Emmett, Madelyn and team will follow Lionel's leadership, and shall go ahead in forward warfield. Remaining shall join me in fighting the Guard Tyrants." Parker said. "Even if we die, we make it harder for them to reach our other teammates. Are you all in!?" she asks.

"Yes!" everyone replied in unison.

"Consider this as my final orders." Parker completed.

"Lead them to victory Captain Ambrose." she said going near Lionel, shaking hands while saying.

"I will. If you meet Emmett. Tell it was an honour to work alongside him and you. I couldn't tell him in the last moments." Lionel said.

"And what about me?" Parker asks.

"You too were a great companion, a good Commander. It was nice working with you." Lionel replies.

"Glad to hear that. Getting it from you, it feels special. Thank you very much Lionel, for everything." Parker said with a smile.

"Now lets begin. We are short on time." Lionel said.

"One thing." Parker said. Lionel nods, gesturing the question what, when Parker suddenly kisses him on lips. Lionel was taken aback by the surprise. Madelyn's jaw dropped. Everyone there was silent.

"Now I can leave peacefully." Parker said with a smile after leaving Lionel. On the other side, Lionel started glaring her.

"Alright team! Lets go!" Parker said and left with her team, wiping one tear coming out of her eye.

On the other side, Lionel wiped his face, and begun, "So listen everyone. We are short on numbers now, so the plan is simple. Every soldier opens a path for Wawet and Madelyn to reach Lycan. That's it. (To Madelyn and Aaron) Defeat the Father and end the Tyranny for once and for all."

"Yes sir!" everyone replied in unison.

"Madelyn!" Lionel calls.

"Yes?" she asks.

"Have this." Lionel said while passing on his previous sword.

"This?" Madelyn asks.

"I promised Emmett that if ever Erik goes out of control, or does something inappropriate, this sword shall end his life. Its time I fulfill the promise." Lionel replied.

Madelyn nods.

"Alright everyone! Enemies know we are here. Enough hiding. Lets go!" Lionel orders.

"What about you Captain?" Madelyn asks.

"I'm going to visit an old friend." Lionel replies.

Everyone prepares, takes out their weapons, breathes in and charges towards the battlefield. On the other side, Tyrants were prepared. They charged as well. The war to end the Tyranny has begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 238 81
guys please don't read this anymore lmao i write totally differently now💋 _________________ In a future where humans are genetically modified -- 'al...
329 24 20
*Prologue* To be entirely honest with you, I never really considered my future. It's not like I needed to...right? Why would you care about jobs and...
2.2K 184 22
Book I of the Resurgence Saga. "Today is the one opportunity you beseech your gods for. A chance at freedom becoming more than an illusion!" A game o...
2K 220 60
Seventeen year old Cadence Buds is a normal teenager in a dying world. Well, the world isn't dying, but the sun is. It has been dying for several yea...