Emma: The Legend of the Darks...

By xoxAnnee

rank: #18 in howtotrainyourdragon My name is Emma. I'm different than other nineteen-year-old girls; in fact... More

Introduction :)
Prologue: The Legend of the Darkstalker
Chapter 1: Rising for a Fall
Chapter 2: Choice
Chapter 3: The Prophetic Dream
UPDATE 1/23/15
Chapter 4: Second Chance?
Just so you don't get confused:
Chapter 5: A Blazing Fire
Chapter 6: Drago
Chapter 7: Shattered Ice
Chapter 8: In the Shaddows
Author's Note:
Chapter 9: Berk
Poll:
Chapter 10: Discovered
Chapter 11: Connected
Poll #2:
Poll #2 Part Two
Chapter 12: Back in Time
Chapter 13: Blaze
Your ideas? :)
Chapter 14: A New World
2,000 reads!!!! AHHHH!!! (2.6K) :D
Chapter 15: Unfamiliar
Update 3/17/15
Chapter 16: Secret
Poll #3:
Chapter 17: Escape?
Update: 4/8/15
Chapter 18: Surprise
Chapter 19: The Plan
I Changed My Username!!
A/N: About Me
Chapter 21: Crimson
Chapter 22: Broken and Mended
Chapter 23: Anything and Everything
Your Ideas? #3
Chapter 24: The Lightening Stone
10K!!! Ahhhh!!!!
The Book of Contests Info
60K Views!
Thank You For 100K!!!

Chapter 20: Eret

3.5K 182 46
By xoxAnnee

***Guess what time it is??? UPDATE TIME! YAYYYYYYY!! xD***

Hiccup's POV:

"What are we going to do?" Emma paced along the cove where all of us sat.

"Well, Gobber kind of backed us into a corner-"

"Backed... into corner?" Emma asked, confused. I chuckled.

"Sorry, I guess you wouldn't have heard that phrase before... It's a figure of speech, it means that Gobber kind of... Made it difficult for us. He put us in a situation that is hard to find a cure for-backed us into a corner," I explained. Emma balanced on the rocks, hopping from one to the other on one foot, with child-like amusement.

"Anyways, you can't exactly show up, it would be too dangerous. There's nothing we can do about your eye color, and your hair and markings on your arm are pretty difficult to disguise... But if you don't go, the whole town will come looking for you, and purple footsteps aren't exactly 'subtle'..." I tossed my hands around as I spoke.

"Well, obviously, there is only one solution." Snotlout marched forward. "We all leave and never return. Problem solved." He folded his arms, a smug smile on his face. We all glared at him.

"OH! Maybe Ruffnut will get lost! That would be awesome." Tuffnut swooned.

"Guys!" I groaned at Tuff and Snot, banging my head against the table. I really don't think I can take their stupidity any more.

"We just have to keep Emma hidden outside in one place.. but there's another problem... We can't be with her. Gobber is looking for anyone who isn't at that meeting, and of we're missing, he will get suspicious. But at the same time, we can't just leave Emma alone; while she is capable of defending herself, she could hurt someone in the process. She would be dangerous if someone found her." Emma flinched at my words as if I had just slapped her in the face. "Oh-uh, Emma, I didn't mean it that way-"

"No, Hiccup, I think that's exactly the way you meant it." Wiping a tear from her face, Emma got up ran in the opposite direction, leaving the cove.

"Emma, wait!" I called after her.

She turned around and with the wave of her hand, a light blast of pressure forced us to the ground. "Don't follow me!" she sobbed. She glanced back apologetically. I knew that she didn't mean to push us down. She bit her lip before disappearing into the forest.

******************************************************

Emma's POV:

Hiccups words slammed into me like a wall of bricks. They stung and burned and seared into me. Four words echoed in my head: Hiccup doesn't trust me.

Hiccup noticed my expression. He ran a hand through his hair, before stammering, "Oh-uh, Emma, I didn't mean it that way-"

I cut him off. "No, Hiccup, I think that's exactly the way you meant it." Hiccup called me dangerous. I thought he believed that I wouldn't ever hurt anyone on purpose. I stood up and ran up the path that leads out of the cove. I heard Hiccup call my name, but I ignored him.

I flicked my wrist, yelling, "Don't follow me!" and to my horror, a blast of my powers shoved them to the ground. I gasped and cupped a hand to my mouth. I could have hurt them. Tears streaming down my face, I gave one last look before running into the woods. The emerald trees swayed, as the wind tugged at my hair. The cloth covering my birthmark flew off, but I didn't even glance back at it. I just kept walking. The strip of fabric holding my braid together was ripped out of my hair, and my braid slowly fell apart. My waist-length purple tinted hair cascaded down my back, and I didn't even care that the purple was showing. I heard the ground under me make a soft crackling sound-my footsteps were scorching it. But I didn't even care.

I was angry. I was very upset. My first real friend turned out to be just like everyone else in this world. Thunder clapped and I jumped at the sudden roar. Violet lightening splintered across the sky. I put my hands to my head and kept walking. My head hurt. My powers were doing many things at once in my fury, and I just wanted it to stop.

Then, I got sick of it all, and ran.

I ran from my friends. I ran from the storm. I ran from my own powers. I ran from myself.

I heard someone crying and it took me a second to realize that it was me. The world around me faded into a blur and I stopped paying attention to where I was going. I ran a few steps into a clearing and my body slammed into something. I grunted and fell on my back. I opened my eyes and saw two hazel eyes staring back at me. My body shuttered.

"E-Eret?" I stammered. Eret's eyes widened as he noticed the markings, my hair and eyes.

"You!" Before I could react, Eret grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me to my feet, before slamming me into a tree and holding me there. I raised my hand up to escape his grip, but Eret quickly brought a gleaming knife to my throat.

"Drop that hand." I slowly dropped my hand to my side.

"Eret, wait I-"

"Be quiet." Eret pushed me harder against the tree, and tightened the knife against my throat. The blade prickled the skin of my neck as I stared helplessly up at him. I wanted to explain myself, but if I so much as opened my mouth, Eret would kill me.

"Now, what are you doing here?" He demanded. He gave me a look that I knew permitted me to speak.

"I-I..." I squeaked. My voice sounded so unlike my own: much higher and more afraid. I tried to answer, but the words never came. I trembled in fear. I had never been so powerless: for sixteen years, I've always been able to protect myself.

"Answer me." If at all possible, he pushed me harder against the tree.

"I-I just wanted to be normal. I just wanted to see people again-happy people. But I..." I didn't want to mention Hiccup unless I had to. He was in enough trouble already.

"But you what?" Eret's icy gaze never averted from my eyes.

"I... I can't tell you. It will put others in danger. Eret, please, I'm not going to hurt anybody!"

"Emma, of course you will!" Hearing him say my name like that stunned me into silence. Hot tears threatened to fall, but only a single tear glided down my right cheak. I pretented not to notice as I stared into Eret's eyes. We sat in silence for at least a minute, just staring at each other. I couldn't bring myself to speak. Finally, Eret broke the silence.

"You will always hurt people, Emma. You hurt me before in attempt to save your brother. What would you do to the village in order to get him back? I imagine anything. You would probably destroy everything and everyone if it meant you could have Blaze back!"

"Don't say his name like that!" I blurted. I looked at him in disgust. The only thing I would sacrifice for my brother was myself. That I would do gladly. But never innocent people.

"Excuse me?" He lifted my chin with the tip of the dagger.

I knew it would be a bad idea to respond the way I did, but I couldn't stop myself. "I said, don't say my brother's name that way! His name doesn't belong in a sentence full of hatred. My brother is the most amazing person in the world and he is 100x's the man you'll ever be!" Eret raised the back of his hand, about to slap me, but he stopped himself. I flinched, but the contact never came.

"You know that I could kill you right now, yet you have the nerve to chastise me?"

"I could kill you right now too."

"Only if you were quick enough. And I only have to move my wrist a few inches to kill you, and if you so much as move your hand, I will do it." I knew that he was right. I couldn't move withoug dying first.

"Then what do you want from me, Eret?!" I cried, a few sobs escaping my lips, paired with a few more tears.

"You know, Gobber told us to kill you on sight?" he teased. "I should kill you right now." I closed my eyes, a few more tears sliding down my face. "But I won't..." I looked back up at him, and he had a smirk displayed across his face. "If..." Oh, great. an 'if'. "If you will owe me a favor in the future. Any favor I chose, no matter how big. Do we have a deal, Darkstalker?"

I stayed silent for what felt like an eternity. Then, I nodded.

"Good." Eret slowly removed the knife from my neck and sheathed it, releasing his painful grip on my shoulder. "Now, get out of my sight."

I walked backwards away from Eret, making sure he wasn't going to stab me in the back (literally.) I tripped over a tree root, but quickly got up and ran off. What did I just get myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.9K 13
(This story takes place in the first movie, also Astrid is gender-bent into Arrow.) You were always the outcast of the village. You never talked to a...
265K 8.2K 30
My names Eylimi, great name I know but it's not the worst. I live on the island of Berk and life here is amazing. Just not for me. Dad changed the wo...
27.9K 903 53
At the age of 20, Hiccup and Merida get married. They were so deeply in love at the time that they thought love would last. Sadly it didn't and the t...
1.6K 70 7
❝𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞!❞ ╰┈➤ ❝𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧...