The Deal [Eddie Munson] 1

By emunsonlvr

19 year old Samantha Mayfield has dealt with every monster that has decided to visit Hawkins, Indiana. She is... More

The Deal
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
Vol. 2
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
060
The Deal *Alternate Ending*

025

15.3K 226 840
By emunsonlvr

I look away from the water, looking at Jason talk to the police. I have no idea what he could be telling them, but I'm sure it's nothing but bad things about Eddie. I glance at his other friends, who were looking at me. I look away from them, walking around the house and back towards my car. I manage to avoid the police as they were all surrounding Jason, but I hear Jackie call my name.

I turn around, glaring at her. "Jackie, I don't have time for this, I have to go find Eddie." I say, and she reaches out her hand, holding a gun, trying to hand it to me. "Oh- now you want to bring out a gun? Unlike you, I'm not scared of Jason, I don't need a gun." I say, and she pulls it back, hiding it under her pants.

"I'm sorry. I did what I thought was right." She replies, and I roll my eyes turning away from her. She continues to talk, but I'm already tuning her out and nearing my car. I get in, throwing the bag and everything in the passenger seat, starting the car.

I pull off, heading towards Nancy's house. I pick up the walkie-talkie, trying to get through to them, but I'm assuming Dustin turned it off after I was trying to reach Eddie. "Dustin?" I yell, but I hear nothing, and I groan, throwing the walkie-talkie back on the seat.

I swear we have these walkie-talkies for emergencies, but yet whenever there's an emergency, no one answers. I finally get to Nancy's house, and I park terribly on the road, rushing out of the car. I make sure to grab the walkie-talkie just in case Eddie tries to reach me. I walk into the house without knocking, earning me a weird look from her dad.

"You know there's this thing called knocking, right?" He asks, and I stop for a second, looking at him. "I'm sorry Mr. Wheeler, Nancy told me to come right in." I apologize, trying to walk my way out of the awkward situation. I inch my way towards the stairs, and he just shakes his head at me.

"Don't let him bother you, sweetie. You know you can come right in, the kids are downstairs." Mrs. Wheeler says, and I smile at her. "Thank you." I say, and she pulls me in for a hug. I wave at Holly before walking downstairs, and everyone turns to look at me, confused.

"Sam?" Max says, and I take a deep breath, standing in front of all of them. "So, we have a couple of problems." I say, and they all sit up, concerned about what I'm going to say next. I try to recollect all of my thoughts before I even start to begin to explain to them what happened.

"What happened?" Dustin asks, and everyone looks at me for an answer. "First, I was right about Patrick being cursed. I'm sorry Lucas, he's dead." I say, and they all gasp, looking around at each other. Lucas puts his head down upon hearing the words, and Max moves to comfort him. I haven't really had the time to process his death, there's so much going on at once.

"How do you know?" Nancy asks. "He died at the lake by Reefer Ricks, when I got there the police had the place surrounded. I saw them wheel his body out."

"Wait- why was he there?" Robin questions. "Jason and his friends found out that Eddie was hiding there. I don't know how the hell they figured it out, and I don't know what all happened. By the time I got there, Eddie was gone and Patrick was dead."

"What do you mean Eddie was gone?" Lucas chimes in, looking just as confused as everyone else.

"I mean, Jason and his friends must've chased Eddie out onto the water because Jason said that Eddie was on the boat, and he's convinced Eddie killed Patrick too." I reply, and bringing up talking to Jason only confuses them more. It seems like the more I explain, the more confused they get.

"You talked to Jason?" Steve asks, looking at me crazy. "Yes, and I don't know if Eddie ran or if he drowned, but for our peace of mind, I'm going to assume that he ran. I'm also assuming he has no way to reach us, or he got arrested..." I trail off, hoping that he's somewhere trying to reach us.

"Oh, God." Nancy whispers. "And that's not the only problem. Jason knows that I've been helping Eddie hide, so I have no idea if he's going to tell the police or not." I finish, and Dustin stands up, coming over to me.

I haven't had time to think about that either, I have no idea what I'm going to do if the police begin to question me about all of this shit, but once they put two and two together, I'm sure they're going to be suspicious about how I've been at two murder sites.

"I'm confused, how did they find Eddie? Why didn't Reefer Rick's siblings make Jason leave?" He asks, and I look at him with the same confused look on my face, shrugging.

"I wish they did. I guess Jackie was scared of them, so she called the police. I don't know if she thought she was helping, but she's only made things worse." I huff, getting angrier by the second as I continue to think about her. I don't know how she can justify that shit. "Miles wasn't there, he ran, he left Eddie."

"I'm sorry, we should've listened to you about Patrick. I thought we would have more time." Steve apologizes, and I nod my head at him, looking away from him. I don't have time to hear any of his sappy bullshit right now. Eddie is out there somewhere and we have no idea where he is.

"Yeah, I thought we would have more time too. I shouldn't have assumed that was his first vision, he probably started seeing things the other day." I admit, looking down at the ground. It falls silent for a while before Max speaks up. "It's not your fault. None of this is our fault. The only person to blame is Vecna."

"I think we should go out and look for him." I say, and everyone pauses and looks at me. "It's already dark out, we're not going to get anywhere." Dustin says, and I look away from him and look at Robin for help.

She looks away, and I groan, looking at Max and Lucas. No one is agreeing with me, so I roll my eyes at them, shaking my head. "It doesn't matter if it's dark. We can still find him." I say, and everyone continues to look around, not saying anything.

"Fine, I'll look for him myself." I say, turning around and making my way towards the stairs.

"Wait, wait- let's at least brainstorm, come up with places he can be." Steve says, walking over to me and stopping me from going up the stairs. He grabs a piece of paper and a marker, and I sit down next to Max. "Okay, Ideas?"

"Uhh, maybe he was dumb enough to go back to his trailer." Dustin says, and Steve writes that down, looking up at us for any other ideas. "Maybe he went to one of his friend's house."

"Gareth. We can try Gareth." Dustin answers.

"I don't think he's hiding there. Jason and his friends beat Eddie's friends up." Lucas says, and we all look at him with shock on our faces. "What? When?" I question, and he sighs, and I can tell he feels guilty.

"This was before I knew about the Vecna stuff, it completely slipped my mind. Sorry." He says, and Nancy looks over at him. "It's fine, we know now."

"Well, Eddie doesn't know that, right? So add it to the list." Max replies, and Steve nods, writing it down.

"Does he have any other family?" Robin questions, looking at me, but Dustin answers. "Not that I know of."

"What about a girlfriend?" Steve asks, and I keep my eyes glued on the Robin. "He used to date this chick named Stacy, but that was so long ago, I doubt he would go there." Dustin answers, again, clearly knowing everything about Eddie. I can feel him look up at me, and I look down at the ground, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Everything can go on the list, even if it seems stupid." Steve says, writing down her name, and I roll my eyes at it. "We're not going to knock on his old girlfriends door, that's suspicious." I say, and Steve looks at me before crossing her name off of the list.

"I think this is a good start. Let's split up. Nance, you take Max, Lucas, and Dustin and go check the trailer. Max lives there, so it's not suspicious. Sam, Robin, and I will check Gareth." Steve speaks again, and I nod, standing up and grabbing my keys.

"Wait- I did not agree-" Nancy starts, but Steve quickly cuts her off. "Nance, not now. Don't complain."

"I'm driving." Steve says to me, picking up his own keys and walking past me. I shake my head, rolling my eyes at him and following behind him. Nancy's parents look at us weirdly as we leave, but they don't say anything.

I get to Steve's car before Robin, but I get in the back, letting Robin get in the front. Robin and Steve both get in, and Steve starts to pull off, but then he starts. "Any idea where he lives?" He asks, and I let out a laugh as he gets out of the car and walks over to Nancy's car, I'm assuming to talk to Dustin and Lucas.

He drives for a few minutes, and he turns on the radio to avoid the awkward silent that was evident in the car. Eventually we pull up to a house, and Robin and Steve both turn to me. "Oh come on, you're going to make me go in?" I ask, and they both look at each other.

"Yes." They both say, and I groan, getting out of the car and walking to the front door. I knock on it softly, waiting for someone to answer the door. A middle-aged woman opens the door, and I put on my best smile for her.

"Can I help you, hun?" She asks, and I look around her for any sign of Gareth. "I'm looking for Gareth. Is he home?" I ask, and her face lights up.

"Come on in." She says, and I turn to look at the car before walking in. "Just a moment." She says, walking over to the stairs and she begins to yell up them.

"Gareth! Get down here! There's a pretty girl waiting for you!" She yells, and I bite my lip to hold in my laughs. He swings open his door, coming over to the stairs. "What?" He yells, and he looks down making eye contact with me.

"Samantha Mayfield?" He questions, and I give him a half smile, looking around the house awkwardly. "Well I'll leave you two to it! Remember, no locked doors!" She says, and he shakes his head, motioning me to come up the stairs.

I walk up, and we go into his room. He closes the door, looking at me confused. "What are you doing here?" He asks, and as he's speaking I'm looking around the room for Eddie. I look at him again, finally taking notice of how badly his face was bruised. "Uh- have you seen Eddie?" I ask, and he steps away from me.

"No, and your friend already beat me up over it, I don't know where he is." He mutters, and my eyes widen at him. "Okay, Jason is not my friend. I'm on Eddie's side, but we can't find him." I say, and his demeanor softens.

"Sorry, but no I haven't seen him since before spring break started." He breathes out, and I let out a sigh, stopping and looking at the picture of the Hellfire Club that he has on his wall.

Eddie looks so happy here.

"What about your other friends?" I ask, pointing to the other members in the club. He shakes his head no, "We all have been wondering where he's at, we're beginning to get worried." He answers me.

"But, I know somewhere he could be if you can't find him. There's a place off of Cherry Lane, by your old house, I think. Wherever you had that party at. Keep going down the road and there's a real tiny shed. He could be there, but it's just a guess." He continues, and I nod, trying to remember all of the information.

"Okay, thank you. Um, if you see him," I start, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper, "Call this number." I say, writing down Nancy's number and handing this paper to him. He nods, and I start to walk out of his door, and he follows me out.

"I hope you find him." He says, and I look back at him before walking out. "Yeah, me too." I say as I walk back out to the car. I get back in, slamming the door shut.

"Cross this place off of the list, but we have a new place. Steve go by my old house." I say to him as I pick up the walkie-talkie, trying to reach the others. "Anyone there?" I ask, and Max comes through, speaking.

"Yeah, we're here."

"Any luck?" I question, and she replies, "No."

"Meet me at our old house." I say as Steve starts to drive there. I don't think it's too far from here, but it's been a while since I've been there. "What's there?" Robin asks, turning to look at me.

"Gareth said there's a little shed there that they used to go to. Said he might be there." I reply, and she nods turning back around, and she begins to go on one of her little rants.

"Okay seriously guys, are we sure we can trust this Gareth guy? What if he's leading us into a trap? You never know. He could be working with Jason after Jason beat him u-"

"Robin. Robin!" Steve interrupts her, and she stops rambling to look at him. "What?" She asks.

"Stop." He replies.

"You stop." She argues, and I shake my head, knowing they're about to start arguing. "Why would I stop when you're the one who won't shut up?"

"You're annoying."

"Oh- I'm the annoying one?"

"Both of you, shut up, please." I say, leaning forward so that they could both see me. They both stop, Robin looking out of the window, and Steve staring at the road in front of him.

Dramatic.

We get to my old house, sitting there and waiting for Nancy. I begin to get impatient, and I was nearly about to get out of the car and look myself.

Nancy gets there a few minutes after us, parking behind us. We all get out of the cars, making our way towards the shed that was closer to my old house than I thought.

Steve holds his arm out, telling us to stay back as he slowly opens the door. He screams as he opens the door, causing all of us to scream, and Lucas' high pitched scream is ringing in my ears.

I look down to see that there was a cat in there, and that's the reason he was screaming. "Steve, if you're going to be Mr. Brave and open the door, don't scream over a cat." I say, looking in the shed to see absolutely no sign of Eddie.

Dustin walks over and looks inside, everyone following him. The shed was empty, nothing but the cat and the poop from the cat. I roll my eyes, shutting the door, and we all turn and look at each other.

"Well, this is the last place." Dustin sighs, crossing this place off of the list. I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to stop myself from crying. I just don't understand where he is, I thought he would be somewhere I could find him.

"Let's call it quits. We can look again in the morning." Nancy says, and everybody nods in agreement with her. I don't say anything, I just get back into Steve's car, ignoring everyone talking to me.

Steve starts to drive, and Robin reaches back, grabbing my hand and squeezing it. He makes his way back to Nancy's house, and we all sit in silence. I'm sure he's pissed that I made everyone get out and look for Eddie and we had no luck, but I had to try.

When we get to her house, I go back to my car, and I stop Robin before she goes in. "Let me take you home. I know you're tired of being over here." She nods, walking in the house to grab her stuff and I get in the car, starting it.

I hear a knock at the window and I nearly have a heart attack. I look up to see Steve, and I slowly roll the window down. "Yes?"

"Uh- drive safe." He says, walking away, and I look at him weirdly as he walks back into the house.

He's so weird.

After a while, Robin comes back out, throwing her stuff in the back and getting into the car. "Thanks. I don't know how much longer I can handle them." She jokes, and I shoot her a smile as I pull off from the street, and I start to go to her house.

She begins to talk about a lot of nonsense, and I'm listening, but not really speaking. Im worried about Eddie, and I can tell she's just trying to take my mind off of it.

I park my car in her driveway once we get there, and we quietly make our way to her room. She can see the stress on my face and she begins to talk again.

"It's okay, it's just been a couple of hours." Robin says to me, opening the door to her room. She sits down on the bed, and I stand there, looking around. "It hasn't just been a couple of hours. I haven't seen him since the last night."

"Wait, what?" She asks, and I bite my lip, sitting on the chair she has in her room. "He left sometime while I was asleep, so when I woke up for Chrissy's funeral he was already gone."

"Where did he go?" She questions, and I shrug, "No idea. I haven't talked to him since then, and it's driving me crazy." I reply, pausing for a second before continuing.

"I keep wondering if I did something wrong while we.. you know."

"Sam, sometimes I seriously think that you lack a few brain cells. We're talking about Eddie Munson, the freak from high school, the one who likes playing Dragons and Dungeons. Do you think that he has a chance with you, and he's going to have sex with you and leave you?" She says, standing up and walking over to me.

I start blushing, looking away from her. "Yeah, I know, you're right. I honestly think Steve has my head fucked up. I didn't even tell you that he tried to kiss me the first day I got back." Her eyes widen in shock as the words leave my mouth, and she pushes me over in the chair, sitting next to me.

"What?" She exclaims, and I nod my head. "When he was helping me bring my bags in he tried to kiss me, but I told him there was no way in hell we're getting back together."

"He talked about you all summer, but I kept telling him it was his fault. He shouldn't have dumped you like that."

"Well, if he didn't, I wouldn't have even looked Eddie's way. I was too obsessed with Steve and our "perfect" relationship." I say, thinking back to how I spent the whole 6 months in Europe crying over Steve.

"Sam. I'm begging you to let go of this whole "I'm done with love" agenda, and let someone love you properly. Life is short." She replies, and I take a deep breath.

"Okay, it's getting late." I say, standing up, and Robin frowns at me. "We'll continue our talk later, and you are not leaving." She replies, and I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "I mean, you're not sleeping alone tonight, I know you're used to sleeping with Eddie." She answers.

"Robin, you really don't have to-"

"You're staying here." She interrupts me, patting the bed, and I sit down next to her, resting my head on her shoulder. She wraps her arm around me, rubbing my head. "It's going to be okay, I'm sure he just ran off somewhere."

I nod my head, sighing. She stands up, reaching into her closet and handing me some pajamas to put on. I grab them from her hands, taking off my clothes and putting them on.

She turns off the light, getting under the covers and whispers a "goodnight." to me. "Goodnight." I whisper back, getting in the bed as well. I look over to see that her eyes are closed and she's already drifting off to sleep.

I look around the room, unable to sleep. Sleeping is the very last thing on my mind. My mind is racing with the thoughts of where Eddie could be. I feel like we checked everywhere, it just didn't make sense. There's no way the police got him. I just know they didn't.

He could just be somewhere on foot, but that worries me. Where is he going to sleep? How are we going to find him if he's constantly moving? I'm so mad at him, but I'm so worried about him.

Wait- maybe he went back to the motel. It's possible that he could've went there, he does have the other key, but there's no way he didn't already lose that shit. On the other hand, he could be thinking I would look there, so he might hide there.

My eyes widen and I look over to see Robin asleep. I stay here for a couple minutes, trying to make sure she isn't going to wake up when I do. I quietly get out of the bed, grabbing my keys and a walkie-talkie.

I walk out of her room and over to the front door. I get to my car, starting it and pulling out of her driveway.  I yawn as I drive, suddenly feeling the exhaustion from today making its way in my body.

I drive towards the motel that's nearly on the other side of town, constantly looking on the sides of the road for any sign of him. He's probably scared if he just saw Patrick die. I'm just praying the police haven't caught up to him.

I do need to start to think of something just in case he did get caught by the police. There has to be some kind of a lie that I can come up with to get him out of there. Maybe blame it on Jason or something, but I doubt that will work.

I think the police will take Jason's word over mine. The Mayfields don't exactly have a good name around the town, we just moved here and we've already caused trouble because of Billy.

But Steve's family, that could work, but I know Steve's parents will be pissed if they find out he's lying to the police. Steve will do it though, I know he will, especially if I ask him to. I'm going off topic though, Eddie has to be somewhere.

Why would Jason bring up him drowning? I know he didn't, Eddie knows how to swim... I think. He better know how to swim. I continue speeding down the road until I reach the motel. I don't even know if I gave her enough money to pay for all the nights we haven't been here, but I hope they didn't take our stuff out.

I park the car, walking up the door and looking in my purse for the key. I find it, putting it in the lock, and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath before opening the door.

I look around to see the motel in the same state that we left it before we started staying with Miles and Jackie. I close the door behind me, walking around just to be extra sure that he's not here. I walk into the bathroom, looking around and seeing no sign of him.

Fuck.

I walk over and turn off the light, quickly turning on the lamp so that I have a little bit of light. I sit down on the bed, sighing in defeat, throwing my purse, keys, and the walkie-talkie on the floor. I lay back on the bed, laying my head on the pillow he would lay on.

The bed smells like him.

God, Eddie, where are you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 5 9
Catherine Michelle Henderson, a simple teenage girl just trying to figure out where she belongs in this world. She's a genius, nerdy, popular girl in...
1K 33 19
millie (or use your name idm, writing my name in this is easier lol) henderson, dustin henderson's older sister, travels to hawkins, indiana for the...
4.5K 183 17
After the Vecna's end, Eddie and Steve are still struggling to adjust to normal life. Steve is convinced something is coming after them, and Eddie is...
321K 6.5K 42
𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴. 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 Beatrice May Henderson is a normal...