The Switch (JakeHoon&HeeJake)

By ENCARMOA96

"Duty means doing the things your heart may well regret" - Jake "Opportunities only knock once, take risk"... More

Characters
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
End of Book 1
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XVIV
XX
XXI
Hi Guys!!!
The Little Royals

1

2.4K 90 52
By ENCARMOA96

Jaeyun

Christmas is indeed merry and that's why it's a Merry Christmas but I somehow don't feel it in my bones at the moment because it's just so cold and everything is covered in snow and when I go out it will literally hail.

I fixed the tables and chairs in my small cafe which is always full with costumers by the way and I'm proud. Placing the tables properly on their respectful places as I switched the lights off wrapping the scarf around my neck, I am about to grab my umbrella when I remembered that I don't have it.

So I just locked my cafe doors and ran across the street to where there is shade before I walk to my apartment. I immediately took off my very heavy coat and removed my shoes before I went to change into something more comfortable and warmer as I waited for my two housemates, yep those two who took my umbrella.

I prepared our dinner as I took a quick scroll through Instagram and saw a post of someone in particular who broke my heart but I still can't forget about, their trip together with his family. Yep, we've been together and I didn't know he had a kid so bye.

I still follow him on Instagram and I don't know why. I mean, it's not bad right? I'm just being nice here and I didnt kick him off my life like he did to me.

"Jaeyun-ie hyung! Why didn't you wait for us to pick you up from the shop?"

"I was freezing and you're taking forever!"

I smiled as my phone was placed on the counter, with my ex already forgotten as I peek through the entrance of the kitchen and saw them enter the living room.

"It's not my fault I have to wait for him to finish practice"

"Really? I didn't know Riki have practice today. . from what I know, it's not even a school day so, where have you two been really?"

They're my housemates, Heeseung hyung, he's older than me by a year and he's currently working as a chef at a restaurant, well he's still a rookie tho so his assignments are not yet that intense and when he is not at work, he's helping me at the shop.

His younger brother, Riki, he's still in high school, still a baby to me. Heeseung's parents adopted Riki when he's barely a week old when they came across him at the hospital. Apparently, his mother ran away after she gave birth to him and now, they don't know what to do. The poor boy have been in the nursery for more than a week. Heeseung is just six years old that time.

It's a precious moment actually because Heeseung just got out of the hospital after he recovered from his fever. Heeseung then got lost wandering around the halls and he came across the nursery where he saw the crying Riki.

When the nurse told the boy that the baby was left by his mother, Heeseung asked his parents if you know, they can adopt him.

So Heeseung also kind of raised Riki because his parents have been busy making money.

I still don't understand how Riki's mother just left him there after just giving him a name.

"We went to the airport"

"Yes? And then? Why were you guys at the airport anyway?"

Riki happily skipped towards me as I turned off the stove.

"So, it's Christmas right?"

"Not after a few days yes"

"And do you know a certain glamorous and luxurious baking contest every year?"

"Of course I know that place or like kingdom, Zeviera. . and I also know that in order to be able to join that competition, you need an invitation"

"How did you know hyung?"

"Riki, my professor at the university won that contest in 1999. she's always telling us about the kingdom's tradition"

"Well, uhm, how can you get an invitation?"

"Well, it is either by sending the organizers some amazing baked goods and impress them, or someone recommended you"

"Well, what if I tell you that one of your costumers actually did recommend you?"

"What?"

Riki suddenly handed me a very fancy envelope and if I say fancy, I know this cost at least a few hundred dollars. This envelope is screaming money. Can I sell this?

I glance at the kingdom's seal as Riki pulled me to the living room to have a better look at the envelope and the content.

I ripped the fancy seal as I look inside before I pulled out the biggest piece of expensive paper before reading the contents.

"Congratulations! You are invited to the kingdom of Zeviera on it's annual cake baking competition. You will be given five days to explore the kingdom before the day of the competition.

Upon arrival, you will be escorted by one of our staffs to your cabin where you will be staying for the whole duration of your visit. You will be provided with a place to stay complete with all the amenities you will need.

You are allowed to bring one assistant and another plus one of your choice. This baking competition is special this year and you are required to make a cake with a minimum of four layers and you will be judged according to the presentation, execution and taste.

The judging committee includes one member from the royal palace, one member from the royal kitchen and one member from the royal family.

The winner of the baking competition will be a awarded with a medal, trophy and a certificate , cash and a once in a lifetime opportunity to bake the cake for the ROYAL WEDDING of the Prince himself.

We wish you luck and enjoy!"

The two were cheering as I tried to process what I just read.

How on Earth did my small shop get noticed by someone from the organizers of this one of a kind event?

And how on Earth did I even got invited? I bake cakes but that's just it.

I place the paper on the table as Riki took it and began to read it again as if I missed some paragraphs.

I open the envelope as I saw three tickets I assume one of them with my name on it. How did they even knew my name? And the two were labeled as "GUEST" and "CONTESTANT". This looks like a pass, you know those backstage passes for concerts?

"Woah! It says bring a plus one! That's me right? Right?"

Riki sounded so excited as he gave me a side hug and he read it again.

"And we went to the airport to claim our plane tickets. You know how expensive it is to go there right?"

I look at Heeseung and he's holding out three, no six plane tickets, back and forth.

Is this for real?

I get to bake for royalties?!

And I could be competing with huge bakers who have set a huge foundation in this area.

"Heeseung I . . . it's so overwhelming . . I'd love to but . . the pressure is too much . . I can't  . . "

Riki immediately stopped cheering and it hurts me, he's so excited.

"Why? Jaeyun you are INVITED. That speaks a lot right? It means you're not just a simple baker, you're something more. . . you didn't send anything but someone did because they recognized your talent. . . can't you see it? You don't have to pressure yourself and this is a big opportunity and being invited by them is already a huge opportunity. . you will go there and you join the competition. It didn't say you must win, so you just go there, do your best and everything follows. . . I mean, this has your name . . "

Heeseung said as I tried to calm down as I'm literally palpitating right now.

"Jaeyun-ie hyung, it's your dream right? You said one day you will also get an invite. . . this is your dream come true hyung. . . remember?"

It is indeed my dream when I met my professor. She spoke about all of the fancy things in Zeviera, the class, the elegance and when I looked it up, it's indeed a beautiful country.

I however cannot find any picture of the prince so I assume they don't have one but I guess he's just hidden in plain sight.

I was about to decline but Riki pulled a stunt I can't ever refuse. His eye widen like a cute puppy before a pout decorates his lips. I still survived that but when his head lowers and his shoulders slumped, I am defeated.

"Alright . . when's the flight?"

"I'm afraid it's tomorrow morning"

Riki and I let out a surprised "What" that even Heeseung is shaken.

"It's written on here"

"Why does that ticket look different? It screams money"

"Well fun fact, Zeviera has their own plane that transports people from all around the world to their kingdom. They only have one on a few country and they have one airport. . . that's how private they are and the number of tourist annually is controlled. . . it is reported that it is like less than a thousand per year?"

"I'll go get packing! Wait, did I do my laundry?!"

This is insane.

___

Heeseung

Riki and I sat on the living room as we watch Jaeyun literally run to his room, probably to check if he has some clothes to pack since the last time I check, he didn't do his laundry.

"Why are you and Jaeyun hyung not a thing again?"

I just glared at my brother who sighed.

"I mean, I'm just curious, it's obvious you have a thing for him"

Indeed, I liked him before but as time passed, that feeling changed at some point. I mean, I love him but the feeling I have is like how I love Riki. You know what I mean.

"I used to . . . but I tressure him just like how I do to you . . I don't want to change that . . I'm happier this way."

"So he's like a brother to you then?"

"Maybe . . "

"Ugh bummer. . "

"Why? It's not. . "

"I thought everything will settle once you and Jaeyun hyung got together because then I don't have to worry about you leaving me to start your own family. . .

What if the next time you will introduce me to someone you will marry, they won't like me? You and Jaeyun hyung are the only ones who actually wanted me, who liked me and I'm scared"

I wiped his tears as I pulled him for a hug. . . he doesn't have to worry tho, if someone I like don't like him, then I don't like them, simple as that. If I don't get to marry in the future, then I don't, as long as Riki is very well settled. Him and Jaeyun are my only family now.

"Why would anyone not like you?"

"My mother didn't. ."

"Tsk, you're an amazing kid Riki. . . you're not hard to love and I promise, you won't ever be alone because you're stuck with me until you got married. . don't worry about me marrying someone because I know, if that future someone really loves me, then he will know how you mean to me. . .plus I don't like meanies so don't worry and go pack your bags"

He smiled as he skipped to his bedroom. I carefully took all the expensive looking papers and the plane ticket from the table before keeping them with me for safety as I also went to pack my things.

I never dreamed to even set foot in this kingdom but, fate is being generous with us.

Maybe it's making it up to us for literally snatching both mine and Jaeyun's parents making us orphan in a snap

_________

So I think the other ships will include:

K-Hanbin
Nicho-Ej
Taki-??

Tell me what to change before we proceed or else, you will have to deal with that *insert Maleficent's laughter*. 🤣🤣🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.7K 58
(✓) female reader x enhypen imagines fluff, angst, yandere oneshots and scenarios for lovely engenes ♡
5.4K 296 25
Where Jay is forced in an arranged marriage with the rich CEO's daughter in order for his family company to prosper. But what if he ends up falling...
155K 2.7K 100
100 Enhypen short strories (Keep in mind I was like 14 when I wrote this so it's a bit cringey n childish but it's ur choice to read) WARNING‼️‼️ t...
16.1K 436 28
Mister president that like someone unexpectedly They will be arranged married BUT they thought they don't know each other but they just can't see eac...