The Feeling's Mutual | JJK

By emmiouija

"I can help you." "Help me with what?" "Sex. I'll teach you." *** You hated your brother's best friend. Jung... More

A Simple Favor
Set in Stone
On Top
Rebound
Water Balloons
Solemnly Swear
No-Go
Edge of Glory
The Gift
Love is Blind
Rule Breakers
Serendipity
Burning Friday
Hold Me Tight
Love Game
Forever Rain
So Much to Say
You Are the Reason
Feel Something
Taste of Your Own Medicine
Plead the Fifth
Shady Business
Wilco
Like Father, Like Son
Old Habits Die Hard
In Another Life
As It Was
So High
Reborn
Speak No Evil Pt. 1

Fireworks

576 42 15
By emmiouija

After you and Jungkook had settled into his old room for the night, the older man flopped onto the bed with a thunderous groan. "I hate being back here. Why the fuck did you agree to this?"

"Because you agreed to it first!" you contended.

"Well, you could've made something up so we wouldn't have to be here."

"Uh-uh, don't go blaming me 'cause you're a pussy."

"I am not!" Jungkook claimed in a bitter tone.

"Oh, yeah?" you called his bluff. "I dare you to walk downstairs right now and tell Iseul we're going home."

"I...I can't," he whispered.

You pretended you didn't hear him. "Huh? What was that?"

"I said I can't," he spoke up.

"Thought so," you smiled proudly.

"Hey, it's not my fault," Jungkook stated. "Iseul's a fucking saint and it'd crush her if we left."

"Can't be a saint while working for a drug lord."

He shot you a blank, yet irritated look. "You get what I mean."

"Yeah, I do. But her 'saint-ness' shouldn't make you feel guilty for not wanting to be around your father."

"Like I told you earlier, she was basically my second mom growing up. I'd hate to disappoint her in any way."

"I understand," you relinquished. "Luckily, it's just one night though, and you never have to come back here  again if you don't want to."

"Thank fucking god," Jungkook muttered.

"So, anyway, how'd it go with your dad?" you wondered, heading into the en-suite bathroom to remove your makeup with the wipes Iseul had given you.

"It went like it always does."

"A lot of arguing?"

"Yup."

"He's paying off Jiho though, right?"

"Yeah, he is," Jungkook answered. "He's meeting with Jiho and his father tomorrow to transfer the money."

"They actually accepted his offer?"

"Wouldn't you for five billion won?"

Out of shock, you dropped the makeup wipe, your mouth hung open in disbelief. "You can't be fucking serious."

"Dead," he confirmed. "We tried to negotiate, but they weren't having it. They wouldn't take anything below five."

"With the money Jiho's making from this, and with how wealthy his family is in the first place, you'd think he'd be able to get his rap career off the ground."

"The only honest thing he practices in his life has to do with music," Jungkook chuckled. "That, or he's scared if he gets big, girls will come out with the truth and ruin his career."

"He needs his career ruined," you maintained as you picked up the makeup wipe and threw it in the trash. "Bastard's lucky he's already rich. Monsters like him don't deserve fame and fortune."

"I know I certainly don't," he mumbled.

You stared at him through sheepish eyes. "Kook, I didn't mean—"

"No," Jungkook interrupted, "you're right. Monsters like him, and monsters like me, don't deserve the privileges we're handed in life."

"You're not a monster, Jungkook," you declared, joining him on the bed. "You're nothing like Jiho."

"We may not be exactly alike, but we're both still monsters in our own ways."

"Your father made you do terrible things in the past that you didn't want to. You knew it was wrong, and you distanced yourself from it, which proves you're not inherently evil," you proclaimed. "Jiho and Jungmin know that what they're doing is wrong, yet that doesn't stop them from doing it. As long as they're getting something out of it, they don't care who they hurt."

Jungkook nodded, acknowledging what you had said.

"Do you see the difference?" you queried. "You're nothing like either of them."

He nodded once more.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again—you're not a bad person. So, please, stop believing you are," you entreated.

The corner of his mouth quirked up in a half-smile. "Y'know, Y/N...you're alright."

"That's it?" you snickered. "I'm just 'alright'?"

"You're alright sometimes," Jungkook explained. "You're annoying the rest of the time."

"Thought we were gonna be nicer to each other," you grumbled under your breath, although still loud enough for him to hear.

"In my defense, I never agreed to that."

"Well, you should."

"I can't. I have too much fun picking on you."

"I hate it when you're an asshole though," you conveyed. "I like you when you're nice to me."

"But being an asshole is just a part of my personality," Jungkook warranted. "The same way it's a part of yours."

"I'm not an asshole."

He crossed his arms, expressionless. "Really, Y/N?"

"Okay, fine. Maybe I'm a little bit of an asshole," you surrendered. "But you're on another level."

"I've perfected the skill over many years of practice."

"Oh, just like you did with arrogance?" you quipped.

"I wouldn't call that a skill," said Jungkook. "It's more of an art."

You rolled your eyes. "Give me a fucking break."

"Oh, c'mon," he chuckled, nudging your shoulder with his. "I'm only kidding."

"Do you take anything seriously though?" you questioned. "I was trying to be sincere earlier and you ruined it. Just like you always do."

"Are you mad about the 'alright' thing?"

"It's not about that, Kook. It's everything. You can't seem to go more than five minutes without making a stupid comment or a jibe at me."

"You make stupid comments and jibes at me too."

"You also can't take the blame," you raised.

"Hey, I took most of the blame for our fight," Jungkook pointed out.

"Keyword most," you remarked. "Then you brought up what I had said."

"Because you were just as guilty."

"And I admitted my guilt."

"Well, so did I," he asserted. "I continued to blame myself even after we had talked it out."

"Yeah, but—" you cut yourself off. "Wait, why are we even arguing about this?"

Jungkook shrugged. "You started it."

You had to inhale a deep breath to prevent yourself from starting it again. "Let's just forget it, okay? It's not important right now."

"Yeah," he concurred. Jungkook then extended his arm out. "Truce?"

You shook his hand. "Truce."

***

For the next hour or so, you and Jungkook sat in silence, scrolling on your phones to distract from the obvious tension that still lingered in the air. Although a truce had been called, things remained...awkward between you two.

It also wasn't helping that Jungkook was now shirtless.

Anyhow, in the past, you wouldn't have given in; you would've argued until you felt that you had won. But ever since that big dispute, you couldn't stand fighting with Jungkook. You feared it could turn into something similar to last time. Perhaps if the argument got heated enough, you guys would stop speaking for good. And you didn't want to imagine a world where that was the case.

You needed Jungkook around.

You loved him.

"Y/N?" Jungkook piped up.

His voice yanked you out of your thoughts. You blinked a few times to ground yourself before saying, "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for always being an asshole to you," he apologized. "I don't know why I act that way."

"I'm sorry I am too," you reciprocated. "It's like you said: you have fun picking on me. I have fun picking on you too."

"Then why don't we work on having some sort of balance?" Jungkook proposed. "We can still pick on each other, but we gotta know when it's the right time to do it."

"We?"

"Okay, I need to know."

You giggled. "Yeah, the balance thing is a good idea. Let's give it a go."

"I'm glad you agree because I don't think I could survive without picking on you."

"And yet you call me dramatic?"

"Listen," he attempted to justify, "messing with you is like breathing—I have to do it to live."

"Again, how am I the dramatic one?"

Jungkook chuckled. "Do you see my point though?"

"Maybe?" you laughed. "Honestly, I've learned to tune you out when you're going on about nonsense. But sometimes I tune you out when you are making sense."

"Then read my lips," he insisted, grabbing the sides of your face and forcing you to gaze into his beautiful, dark brown eyes. "I may like picking on you, but I like being with you even more."

"Really?" you murmured, struggling to accept his words.

"Really," he avowed. "I don't care if we fight. As long as it's you who I'm fighting with."

At that moment, you wanted to kiss Jungkook; however, the teaching part of the deal was still on (it appeared that way, anyhow, based on the sex you had the night you made up). You assumed the rules, too, were still in effect, and you weren't going to break them.

Mainly, you weren't going to break them for Jungkook's sake.

If you kissed him, it'd only complicate the situation more.

Unlike the teaching part, the Sarang part of the deal would be on hold until further notice. The reason for that was because Jungkook was falling for you while he was still in love with Sarang.

It didn't make much sense as to why he desired things that way. You figured Jungkook would stop seeing you to avoid deepening his feelings for you. At least he should want to.

He also should want to do everything in his power to get Sarang back. After all, she was the woman he loved. Not you.

Yet, there Jungkook was—sitting next to you, delicately cupping your face as he told you how much he liked being with you.

Was this all a sick game? Or did Jungkook just have his priorities mixed up?

Of course you longed to be the girl of Jungkook's dreams. But in your heart, you knew you weren't the one. Sarang was that person, and she always would be.

You, on the other hand, would only ever be the person he chose to make the dream girl jealous.

"What's the matter?" Jungkook asked, concerned.

You feigned a smile. "Nothing."

"You look sad though."

"No, I'm okay," you professed. "I promise."

Jungkook shook his head. "I know you, Y/N. Something's wrong."

Your voice became just above a whisper. "Yeah, there might be."

"Tell me."

"When did you know Sarang was the one?" you blurted.

He seemed a little confused by the question. Even so, Jungkook answered, "Probably after our first kiss. It sounds cliché, but it was literally like fireworks were shooting off as it happened."

"No, I actually think that's really sweet, Kook," you smiled. This time, it was genuine. You understood exactly what he was talking about because you had felt the same way after your first kiss with Jungkook. Or rather the second kiss since you had chickened out on the first. Regardless, the fireworks were there and booming.

"Once I kissed her, I knew we were meant to be," Jungkook remarked. He then looked off into the distance, his expression falling. "I was wrong though."

"But you guys seemed so happy together."

"We were."

"So what happened then? Why did you break up?" you inquired.

"She never gave me a reason," he admitted. "She just showed up at my apartment late one night and said it was over. I begged her to tell me why, but she wouldn't. Hell, I would've taken a fake excuse over nothing at all."

"That's not fair to you. You deserve to know why."

"Maybe in the future, I will."

"I hope you do."

Jungkook's eyes met yours again. "What made you ask about Sarang being the one?"

You shrugged. "Just curious."

"You sure?" he questioned. "You acted like something was on your mind."

Looking down, you began to pick at the skin around your nail. "I don't, um...I-I can't explain it."

"You can try though, right?"

"I'm too embarrassed to."

He gently tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. "You can tell me anything, Y/N. You know that, don't you?"

You nodded.

"So what's going on?" Jungkook continued.

"I just don't understand why you're no longer trying to get Sarang back," you confessed. "If she's the one, then...you should be with her."

"It's not that simple, Y/N," he uttered. "I want to be with her, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to be."

"What do you mean by that?"

"My feelings for Sarang are a little complicated right now. And my feelings for you certainly aren't helping to clear it up."

There were feelings there.

Jungkook wasn't only falling for you anymore.

He officially had.

"You said it," you breathed.

"Said what?"

"You have feelings for me," you clarified.

Jungkook let out a small chuckle. "Yeah, you already knew that."

"No, all you said was you were starting to catch them."

"I may have lied," he conceded, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, when did you go from starting to having?"

He sighed, reluctant to admit the truth. "After our second lesson. When we were watching Clueless."

Your eyes widened at the news. "That soon?"

"Yes, that soon," Jungkook groused, slightly irked at your surprise. "It's not like I could help it though. You think I wanted to have feelings for you?"

"No, I know it pissed you off."

"It still kinda does," he announced. "But, anyway, since I told you when I realized, now you gotta tell me when you did."

"I actually didn't fully realize it until we stopped talking," you disclosed. "I thought about you every single day, and it was almost as if there was this missing piece in my life the entire time we were apart. But when I finally saw you and you touched me, it all became so apparent." You averted your gaze once more, your tone hushed. "You had been the missing piece all along."

Jungkook cradled your chin with his thumb and index finger, bringing your focus to him. "Not a minute went by where I didn't miss you or think about you." He then leaned in, his lips hovering in front of yours. "I never want to be away from you like that again."

There were now three words on the tip of your tongue.

I love you.

Although before they could come out, Jungkook softly pressed his lips to yours, silencing what could've been.

This shouldn't be happening, was what you should've been thinking. It'd only further complicate the situation, remember? You weren't going to kiss Jungkook for his sake.

Instead, however, the sole thing on your mind was Jungkook's tender touch.

You knew you should've stopped him, but you felt frozen in place. Time seemed to have frozen as well—like the Earth had ceased movement, no longer spinning on its axis. You and Jungkook were now the last two beings in existence, and not even your own morals nor the thought of Sarang was going to ruin this moment.

If that was wrong, then you didn't want to be right.

You kissed him back, threading your fingers through his silky, black waves. Jungkook hummed in satisfaction when you lightly tugged on the locks. He then slipped his tongue passed your lips, which you quickly reciprocated. Your mouths danced together, moving in perfect harmony the more you savored one another.

In one swift motion, Jungkook removed your top. The cool air chilled your skin and sent a shiver down your spine. But once Jungkook grabbed your waist and pulled your body flush to his, the warmth instantly returned.

As you continued to kiss him passionately, Jungkook reached his hand between your shoulder blades and unhooked your bra. You shimmied it down your arms before throwing it onto the floor without care. Afterward, Jungkook pulled you onto his lap in order to flip you around so your head could rest on one of the pillows.

With his fingers hooked on the waistband of your skirt, he imparted, "We can't be too loud, okay? I don't want them hearing us."

"Could you imagine your dad walking in?" you jested.

"I'm more scared of Iseul than I am of him," Jungkook apprised. "Also, please don't bring up my dad when I'm about to fuck you."

"Are you worried I might scream his name instead of yours?" you giggled.

"I am now."

He had given you an idea, and you started to shout out fake moans. "Oh, yes, Jungmin! Right there! Ah—"

"Shhh!" Jungkook quieted you, slapping his hand over your mouth. "What the fuck are you doing?!"

"Giving you a taste of your own medicine," you mocked him from a few nights ago; however, it came out rather muffled due to his palm still covering your mouth.

"Alright, I should've seen that coming."

While you were busy laughing maniacally, proud of what you had accomplished, Jungkook, too, was busy taking off the remainder of his clothes. And once he was completely bare, he climbed back onto the bed and caged your hips between his knees. Jungkook then bent down, inching close to your face to ask, "Are you done?"

You shrugged. "Maybe."

"Well, if you don't shut up," he began, "I won't let you come tonight."

"You can't do that."

He brought his lips to your ear, whispering, "Try me."

When you didn't say anything further, Jungkook knew he had won. The corner of his mouth turned up in a smirk as he nibbled on your earlobe, satisfied with his victory.

Once Jungkook had stripped you out of your skirt and panties, he went on to leave a trail of kisses down your body until he got to your pubic area. There, he pecked one last kiss before slinging your legs over his shoulders. His hands on your thighs kept you firmly in place while his skilled tongue worked its magic.

He indulged you up to the verge of your climax, and even though you had listened to him about staying quiet, Jungkook didn't allow you to finish. You feared he would honestly not let you come the whole night, but then again, Jungkook enjoyed teasing you; he did it all the time.

After taking a condom out of his wallet and slipping it on, he gently inserted himself inside of you.

Jungkook continued to pleasure you, rolling his hips at a slow, languid pace. There wasn't any name-calling, bickering, or (thankfully...?) slapping throughout the whole affair—it was purely intimate.

In your mind, you and Jungkook weren't just having sex; it was so much more than that. You didn't want to label it as "making love", though, because that felt about as cliché as the "first kiss fireworks" thing Jungkook had mentioned earlier.

But could you only be feeling that way because the sex this time was vastly different from the previous time? Or could it be because you actually loved Jungkook? The latter was no doubt the correct explanation, yet you wished it wasn't.

Again, Sarang.

The dream girl. The one for Jungkook. The woman who sets off fireworks when kissed.

Since you were reminded that you and Jungkook weren't in fact the sole two people in existence, her image was back in your brain. Perhaps Jungkook shouldn't have said anything about the possibility of somebody hearing you. Then, maybe—just maybe—you wouldn't think of Sarang.

But you were.

Tears started to well in your eyes. Jungkook's face was buried in the crook of your neck, so he couldn't see them beginning to fall. However, once you accidentally sniffled, he became aware of the situation. His hips stalled immediately, and he lifted his head to look at you.

Now observing your watery eyes, Jungkook placed his palm below your ear. "Y/N, what's wrong?"

"I-I..." your words trailed off as you didn't know what you were going to say to him.

Jungkook removed himself before pulling you tightly to his frame. He stroked your hair while speaking words of comfort in hopes of soothing you. The last time Jungkook had done this was when he told you about how miserable he was working with his father and how he didn't want to live anymore.

That was only days ago, and yet again, he was calming you down.

By this point, you had cried more with (and about) Jungkook than you had all year, and you were embarrassed by the prospect of this becoming a recurring thing. Jungkook didn't seem to mind though; he just continued to hold you.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Jungkook later inquired.

You shook your head. "I can't. I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. You don't need to apologize," he reassured. "Just promise me it wasn't I who hurt you."

"It wasn't," you imparted. "You didn't do anything wrong."

Except love somebody who wasn't you.

[AN] I had planned on this chapter going in a completely different direction; it was going to be a normal smut scene. However, the feelings just poured out of me and became this. The chapter basically wrote itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 6.2K 41
" I may look cool and calm at time but in my mind I've killed you 20 times in 5 minutes in 10 different ways. " He cracked his neck in a devillike...
942K 28.8K 168
💜COMPLETED💜 ~Social Media Based Story~ (This is gonna be a long ass story but the chapters don't take very long to read) Being the twin sister of B...
367K 11.7K 26
[COMPLETED | UNEDITED] ✧ Four years. Four years since Kim Taehyung had seen Jeon Jungkook, yet the memory of their last conversation was still fresh...
69.9K 6.4K 68
[namseok] Namjoon never thought his life would go beyond working and taking care of his chronically ill, younger brother. He hoped to raise enough mo...