The Boy of The River; K.TH...

By taeeatskookies

Kim Taehyung, the prince of a king who had made magic practice illegal. But Taehyung would want to change tha... More

:Character Introductions:
Chapter 1: A New Yet Horrid Start.
Chapter 2: A Dragon's Roar.
Chapter 3: Jobs around the castle.
Chapter 4: Day One.
Chapter 5: That Stupid Arrangement.
Chapter 6: There Isn't A Potion.
Chapter 7: "Mutatio cogitatio"
Chapter 8: a higher dose.
Chapter 9: Golden Clasps and Taps.
Chapter 10: As Your Future King.
Chapter 11: The Unwelcomed Visitor.
Chapter 12: Secrets Are Better Kept To Two.
Chapter 13: The Realization.
Chapter 14: Questions with A Limited Amount of Time.
Chapter 15: An Unformulated Plan
Chapter 16: The Moon Rises.
Chapter 17: The Start of The Final Few Days Of Peace.
Chapter 18: Preparing for the worse.
Chapter 19: A Single Sip And You'll Be Gone.
Chapter 20: A Small Flower or Something Different.
Chapter 21: The First And One Of Many.
Chapter 22: New Things With Time
Chapter 23: The Undeads Invitation.
Chapter 24: Unfinished Business.
Chapter 25: A Single Blade.
Chapter 26: Death Will Claim the Same Soul.
Chapter 27: After Battle Pains.
Chapter 28: Hide It After Use.
Chapter 29: Respects To The Dead.
Chapter 30: Talks Of The Night.
Chapter 31: Pale Eyes Of Protection.
Chapter 32: Officially But Secretly Together.
Chapter 33: Lies.
Chapter 34: The First Hunt.
Chapter 35: Decisions, Decisions.
Chapter 36: Whispers Of the Night.
Chapter 37: It Was Over There.
Chapter 38: Some Alone Time.
Chapter 39: Crumble Away.
Chapter 40: "What happened to it?!"
Chapter 41: Why Did It Turn To Powder?
Chapter 43: Behind Closed Doors.
Chapter 44: Thinking Of A Plan.
Chapter 45: Dread of The Day.
Chapter 46: Surprisingly Shocking.
Chapter 47: Finally Study Time.
Chapter 48: Finally Summer.
Chapter 49: "Why Did You Call Me?"
Chapter 50: Working Out The Plan.
Chapter 51: Let The Duels Begin.
Chapter 52: Blink And You'll Miss It.
Chapter 53: He's Been Poisoned.
Chapter 54: A Broken Down Wall.
Chapter 55: His Last Words
Chapter 56: Questions.
Chapter 57: Answers.
Chapter 58: Addressing The People.
Chapter 59: The Coronation.
Chapter 60: Nightly Comfort.
Chapter 61: Cozy Mornings.
Chapter 62: You'll Have To Wait Longer.
Chapter 63: No Harm Done.
Chapter 64: Hand in Hand, Heart to Heart.
Chapter 65: Fiance? I Like The Sound Of That.
Chapter 66: Acceptance.
Chapter 67: Attack.
Chapter 68: Rebuild.
Chapter 69: Still Eating Away.
Chapter 70: Discussion and Discourse.
Chapter 71: Reassurance.
Chapter 72: All's Well, Then End's Well.
Chapter 73: No More Hiding.
Chapter 74: "Please Do Visit"
Chapter 75: What theme?
Chapter 76: Please Do Go And Watch The Water.
Chapter 77: Tired Nights.
Chapter 78: Warm Sun To Rain.
Chapter 79: Sneaking Around.
Chapter 80: Midnight Moments.
Chapter 81: The Knights News.
Chapter 82: Fire and Water.
Chapter 83: [S] Golden Pulses.
Chapter 84: Relaxing Baths.
Chapter 85: A Visitor From The Past.
Chapter 86: Suspicions.
Chapter 87: Is He Really..?
Chapter 88: Practice Makes Perfect.
Chapter 89: A Relaxing Picnic.
Chapter 90: It's Okay To Be Nervous.
Chapter 91: King By Your Side.
Chapter 92: [S] Bath Time
Chapter 93: The First Day.
Chapter 94: Do You Know What It Means?
Chapter 95: The Dragon Knows.
Chapter 96: "I Don't Need Help Just Yet Hyungie"
Chapter 97: 2 Months Later.
Chapter 98: Hidden.
Chapter 99: Fear.
Chapter 100: Epilogue : "How Is It Going..?"

Chapter 42: A Close Ally.

472 34 11
By taeeatskookies

The couple stood frozen in the prince's chambers for what felt like a few minutes, but was really around twenty seconds. They looked at each other before looking back to the door. Taehyung gave the warlock a look that practically said not to make a peep. Jeongguk nodded and stood his ground. The prince looked back to the door, licked his lips and gulped a little, before letting out a small breath that had previously hitched in the back of his throat.

With a hesitant step forward, he made his way to the door. His shoes clicked against the floor as he walked, but grew quiet across the carpet only to be loud again. When Taehyung was close enough he heard the person knock again and almost jumped from the sudden noise. He gave one last glance to the warlock before grabbing the handle and opening the door.

"Sire, I've come bearing some news" Ji-hun gave a small bow to the prince.

"Oh! It's just you, quickly come in" Taehyung felt relief wash over his being as he let the knight in, shutting the door behind him.

"What seems to be the news?" The prince asked as he walked back toward Jeongguk.

"Well, you see, I heard a rumor going around the knights that there is a traitor amongst us.." Ji-hun cleared his throat. "Some say it could be one knight or another but… I suspect.."

"Bae Joon." Jeongguk nodded. "Is this due to your gut feeling?" He questioned.

"Yes, that and how he acted with the King earlier" The knight nodded.

"Your suspicions are of great value to both Jeongguk and me," Taehyung nodded. "May I ask if there have been any rumors about Bae Joon's plan with my father?"

"No, none I've heard Sire" Ji-hun shook his head. "Though… I do suspect that based on what he tried to do and his past with trying to… win you over, to say the least, he may have tried to get on the king's good side and worm his way into the position…"

"I thought he had stopped a while ago.." Taehyung sighed. "I guess not.."

"It does add up though…" Jeongguk started. "I mean, with what he had said while we were hunting, it makes sense" his voice softened at the end.

Taehyung's eyes went wide as soon as the warlock said that. It did make sense after all. Bae Joon, pushing his way up to the highest position possible and tricking the king into letting him marry Taehyung. It was almost the perfect plan. Almost. If they hadn't caught on. If they hadn't heard that one conversation that one morning, they wouldn't have known the origins of his plan. But it seemed too easy to figure out.

"There must be something else, something we aren't seeing," Taehyung muttered.

"Why? He wanted to be with you at one point, still does obviously… he'd do whatever he could to win the king over" Jeongguk pointed out. "What more could he be planning to do?"

"The annual knight duels are coming up" Ji-hun spoke in reply. "Though… we have plenty of time to train for it"

"Oh, right, the summer one…" Taehyung rubbed his forehead.

"Annual knight duels?" The warlock questioned.

"In the mid summer" The prince replied. "It's just a training session to see who can still be a knight after their training and who can't"

"He may use it to try to impress the king again," Ji-hun suggested. "Though if he fails, he'll be sentenced to death"

"Wait.. what do you mean?" Jeongguk asked. "I thought it was only if they broke the oath"

"Not only that, but if you fail your duel, you don't live," Taehyung answered. "It's like your final exam in a way, we do it every year do keep the knights trained well"

"Has anyone recently died..?" The younger male asked again.

"How do you think I was able to join?" Ji-hun said, making Jeongguk look at him shocked.

"Such a cruel world.." Jeongguk muttered. "Don't you die, you hear me" he glared at the knight before him, making the two laugh.

"I wouldn't, I hold my honour well and my strength doesn't go to my head" Ji-hun smiled. "Unlike…well you know who"

"Both Dae Sung and you are very honorable," Taehyung nodded. "You are up there, not past me of course, but you're up there"

"Thank you, Sire, I assure you that Dae Sung and I take our roles seriously" Ji-hun bowed. "We did come from the same village after all"

"Oh, small world," Jeongguk smiled. "I'm sorry about your village by the way"

"There is no need to feel that way, it's in the past" The knight shook his head. "Though, you definitely would make an excellent role as king, next to Taehyung" Ji-hun teased, making the prince chuckle with a smile.

"I said something similar to that before" Taehyung looked at the warlock who was looking between the two trying to make a cohesive sentence as his mouth opened and closed in a flustered state.

"I… you… I don't think-"

"You will baby, I believe so too" Taehyung smiled as he pulled the warlock closer to him by his waist.

"I'll keep an ear and eye out for any change, especially about Bae Joon" The knight added. "..just in case he decides to try anything again before the duels"

"Thank you," Taehyung nodded. "You may leave, Ji-hun," he smiled. The Knight nodded and bowed before turning and walking back towards the door.

"Wait…" Taehyung spoke as he walked over to where the knight was.

"I'll get the door for you" Taehyung smiled as he walked closer to the door of his quarters, with the knight following after.

"Thank you, Sire" Ji-hun thanked as he stepped out the door.

"..Ji-hun, only nod once I finish…" Taehyung made his voice low as he whispered to the knight. "You must keep Jeongguk safe and only him, under any and all circumstances, do you hear me?"

Ji-hun only nodded in reply like he was ordered and stepped out as the prince closed the door behind him. Taehyung bit his lip as he locked the door and let out a heavy breath as his shoulders loosened up. The male turned around and walked back to the warlock with a small smile on his lips.

"What did you say to him?" Jeongguk asked, feeling curious about the exchange beforehand.

"I just told him to keep a very close eye on my father" Taehyung let the small lie slip past his lip like it was sugar. He didn't want to lie to the warlock, though he knew the male could look after himself well enough, he wanted an extra precaution just in case.

"Alright then" The warlock spoke softly. "Though, about what Ji-hun said before… about me being a good king…" He trailed off slowly. "..I wouldn't know the first thing about being… proper, about being royalty"

"Jeongguk, love, I'll always be there to help you every step of the way… he was right," Taehyung smiled. "You are understanding, compassionate and caring, though sometimes when you get blinded by rage it does overtake you but I'll be here to calm you down, you know this" The prince brushed the warlock's hair away from his face.

"But what about…" He didn't need to say more as he moved his hands towards himself. Indicating his magic.

"We'll get there, when we get there" Taehyung took the younger's hands in his own. "But right now, it's just you and me, everything else in the distant future"

Jeongguk looked down to try to hide his flustered cheeks, but the prince saw how red the younger's ears had gotten and chuckled softly. Taehyung hummed as he moved a hand to tap the underside of the warlock's jaw to make him look up, only to be greeted with the warlock's eyes softly glowing gold, not glowing brightly and out of control, but a soft glow that steamed from warmth.

"Awe, would you look at that.." Taehyung rubbed the younger's chin with his thumb. "A soft glow, like gold paint" He gave the younger male a loving look.

"...it's because of-"

"Shh, I know," Taehyung nodded lightly. "I know, emotions play a part in your magic, it's fine" He lent down and placed a soft kiss on the warlock's lips; keeping it softly pressed and not going any further than that, unlike before when they were on the ground.

They pulled apart softly after a few seconds. "Oh, I forgot to mention," Jeongguk grinned. "I told Namjoon-hyung that I'll be with you tonight, so I don't need to leave at anypoint"

"Good" Taehyung then wrapped his arms around the male and lifted him up and over his shoulder.

"Because I wouldn't be willing to let you go either!" They both laughed as the prince placed the warlock down on his bed, back hitting the mattress.

"I wish we could be like this all the time," Jeongguk said through a pout, making the prince raise an eyebrow.

"What? With me on top of you like this?" The prince teased.

"No! … well not right now like this, I mean…" Jeongguk bit his lip. "Having fun together, cuddling and touching each other without a care about someone judging us, you know?"

"I get that, I do." Taehyung nodded. "One day, some day" He sighed softly as he played with the younger's hair, moving it back away from the warlock's eyes.

"One day" Jeongguk hummed.

One day, someday. But not right now. For now the focus may be on training or hunting or even studying for the young warlock. One day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!
I hope you guys like this chapter!!
It's currently semi filler, semi plot importance, haha
I try to make sure each chapter is relevant to the plot going forward to each chapter I have planned for an important pinpoint in the timeline.

Feel free to ask me anything and I'll try my best to answer throughout the day, I have a lecture at 11 am (NZST) that goes for an hour so I won't be able to reply during that time.

I purple you 💜💜💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.1K 76
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, now model, five years ago was bullied by someone and was also in a physically toxic relationship with another. he fell in l...
7.5K 375 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...
175K 10.4K 36
Vampire King Taehyung - Fledgling Jeongguk - Five years ago Jeongguk woke to a dingy alley, his skin bloodied and bruised and the weight of fangs in...
5.2K 348 24
Taekook royal fantasy story. Where the Demon king is waiting to rule the whole world for years. At the same time Jaeseol kingdom is waiting for the b...