The Malevolence of a Woman Wr...

By B_Zahin27

PREQUEL TO THE ROMANO SERIES Promises are made to be kept, that's what Italian Duchess, Angelina Moretti beli... More

The Malevolence of a Woman Wronged
Chapter 1- A Vengeful Woman
Chapter 2- More than a Title
Chapter 3- How to Make a Friend
Chapter 4- A Turn of Events
Chapter 5- The New & The Old
Chapter 6- The Smile of a Lifetime
Chapter 7- No longer chance
Chapter 8- Those Familiar Sparks
Chapter 9- Business Propositions
Chapter 10- The Same Path
Chapter 11- Fearless Worries
Chapter 12- Regrettable Actions
Chapter 13- Plans on Paper
Chapter 15- Quiet Wishes
Chapter 16- The First Step
Chapter 17- The Winter Ball
Chapter 18- The New Duchess
Chapter 19- Recurring Thoughts
Chapter 20- Dignified Dominance
Chapter 21- Perfect Expectations
Chapter 22- Better than Her
Chapter 23- A Friend of Mine
Chapter 24- Nervous Jitters
Chapter 25- A Good Idea
Chapter 26- Pillow talk
Chapter 27- A Great Man
Chapter 28- Fawning Realisation
Chapter 29- Dangerous People
Chapter 30- Boredom.
Chapter 31- Unspoken Words
Chapter 32- Another Step Forward
Chapter 33- The Verge of Insanity
Chapter 34- Scheming Minds
Chapter 35- A Villain & A Heroine
Chapter 36- A Villain who Wins
Chapter 37- A Day at Court
Chapter 38- Setting it Straight
Chapter 39- The Festival of Stars
Chapter 40- Too Good to be True
Chapter 41- A Line That Shouldn't Be Crossed
Chapter 42- Louder than Words
Chapter 43- The Benevolence of a Woman Healed
Chapter 44- What the future Holds
Chapter 45- Happy as Could be
EPILOGUE
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 14- Moving Forward

402 21 4
By B_Zahin27

--Lucian POV--

"I can't believe the day is finally here, you sure took your time, didn't you? But all is forgiven, I've gotten myself the most beautiful daughter-in-law ever, and I can't wait to-"

"You do know that it's my wedding day today, mother? It seems that you like my bride more than I do," I cut her off with a start, side-eyeing her joyful self as I fixed my bow tie in the mirror.

"Oh please, don't be silly. I'm just so happy is all," She giggled like a child on a candy high.

"Yes. That much is evidently clear," I chuckled with her as I breathed in a deep lungful of air.

Somehow, I found myself shivering in a little bit of nerves, the butterflies were dancing in my stomach, probably making a mockery out of me as I wondered to myself as to why I was so nervous when this wasn't even a real marriage. Maybe in the eyes of the law, but not in the way that I had imagined for myself a few years ago.

"Don't worry. While I am aware that you both don't know a lot about each other like other couples, I know there's something there between you," Mother spoke as I hummed along to her words, trying not to take it seriously as she didn't know about the contract.

But she was quite a convincing lady.

"Angelina is a good woman, treat her well,"

"Mother, you've only known her a few weeks," I stated, baffled.

"All the more reason to believe me. You know that I'm a judgemental woman who doesn't easily trust nor like others," She's got a point there. 

But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I believed she was being a little biased towards Angelina, lord knows my mother would be saying these exact same words about anyone that could have been in Angelina's place today.

"Whatever you say, mother... Now, will you please go and join the other guests. I'd like a moment to myself," Placing a hand on her shoulder, I gave her a pleading look as she gave in with a reluctant sigh, nodding her head at me.

"Very well, but don't go getting cold feet now. I didn't plan this wedding in a few weeks for nothing, I'll be severely upset if you-"

"-I understand, you don't need to worry about that at all," And I practically pushed her out the door as she left, taking a moment to compose myself as I chuckled at her antics. Angelina is in for a ride with that mother of mine.

Now, talking about Angelina, I should pay her a visit before the ceremony, discreetly. Because if my mother learns to hear about it, she will most definitely be having my head for supper.

"Is my bride ready yet?" I peeked my head out the door to ask the attendant that was stood by.

"Yes, just the finishing touches and she'll be ready," She replied with a knowing smile. I must have been doing well in my act as an impatient groom, but I wouldn't have been able to tell, because honestly, I wasn't really acting.

As I walked down the pristine halls of my ancestral home, the radiant lighting shone through the stained-glass windows, like the perfect setting of an amazing story that was about to unfold, and with everything that was going on in both my life and Angelina's, it may as well have been.

As I approached two large double doors that expanded from the floor up to the ceiling, the two maids that stood guard outside, waiting to lead my bride out onto the altar, caught sight of me, an urgent look overcoming them.

"Sire, you should not be here. Your mother will not-"

"Last time I checked, I was the head of the Vandenburg family, not my mother. Meaning to say that you both are working for me, no one else. So, do not waste my time, today of all days, and move," I stepped forward.

They didn't need to be asked twice as they dipped their heads down, each of them stepping the opposite way from me while they pulled open the heavy doors.

"Thank you, and good day," I respectfully thanked, giving them both a sorry look as I walked passed into the room which was cast in a white glow thanks to all the spotlights that were turned on along with the sunlight shining through the large windows.

But the room was the last thing my eyes noticed as I came to a slow halt.

As the thud of the doors being pushed closed behind me echoed at the back of my mind, the long veil fluttering in front of me caused me to automatically hold my breath as a few workers adjusted the fabric that nicely sat under her bun.

"Well, this is an unexpected visit. I thought seeing the bride before the wedding was a sign of bad luck?" She sniggered as she spoke, looking at me with a cute smile through the mirror while the workers continued to scurry around, the wind from the open windows causing her veil and strands of her hair to flutter around.

I could almost see it. The angels dancing around her as they graced her with beauty above anything any human could possibly ever dream of achieving.

Dressed in white, she wore a beautiful gown that she was effortlessly able to pull off. With long netted sleeves, an A-line bodice with a long white train that was covered under the longer veil, her hair was tied into a low bun, crystals encrusted into her light brown hair, make-up done in a flawless way that made her hazel eyes take all the attention.

I couldn't seem to look away.

"What is it?" She asked, manicured hands clutching onto her bouquet.

"We'll give you some room," One of the workers, I don't bother remembering which one, said as they all piled out of the room, giggling to themselves like little high schoolers on their way out.

"Is something wrong?" Angelina asked with a raised brow as I began approaching her, sidestepping her dress to make sure not to accidently stand on it as I came to a halt beside her, and she turned her head away from the mirror to look me in the eye for real.

And somehow, she was far more beautiful in reality than through the mirror, and I didn't think that to be possible, but I guess, once again, with Angelina, you could never be certain.

"You are the epitome of elegance, my bride. Mother will be rivalling the kangaroos with how much she'll be jumping once she catches sight of you," She blinked, not having expected the compliment, but crinkled her eyes as she laughed at my words.

"Keep talking like that to me, and I'll be the first to fall for your acting skills before anyone else has the chance," She turned back to her reflection, smiling and nodding to herself as a frown marred my lips at her words.

She wasn't wrong. It's not like me to act like this.

Was I really so enthralled by this woman that my sanity just ran out the door? My logic coming to a scurrying halt that I almost tripped over my own two feet upon catching sight of her?

I've often been told that I was a man that could get anyone he wanted, but this woman... My eyes crept up to look at her as she met my eyes once more, and she gifted me with another smile that had my heart quaking in my chest like never before...

But this woman, I don't think I've ever wanted someone as much as I want her.

Stepping onto the stand beside her, she was taken off guard, going to take a step back as I reached my arm out, wrapping it around her waist as I pulled her up to my chest.

"What are you-"

Leaning down, I whispered in her ear, her ringlets of hair tickling my cheeks as I spoke.

"Use me well, Angel. Our contract starts today,"

At my words, her body went rigid. And it stayed rigid for the next few elongated seconds, I could practically hear the cogs turning in her head as she willed herself to calm down before she gently patted my chest, and I took a step back, getting off the stage just in time as the doors opened.

"The ceremony is about to begin," The man stated.

Both Angelina and I locked eyes as he spoke those words, and we knew it was time to put our words into actions.

"Do not worry, I will use you to the utmost of either of our abilities, and then I will use you some more, and I will continue to use you until I have my company back, and both Donovan and his mistress are on their knees in front of me,"

She whispered so fiercely, yet with so much calmness that the air started to crackle.

"Right you are," I chuckled, outstretching a hand for her as she breathed out a deep sigh and took it, stepping off the stage as I turned to nod at the worker that I was on my way.

"He will be on his knees, I'm sure of it." And I spoke with certainty.

"I am done with showing them benevolence. They have tested my patience, and now they will have to face the consequences of their actions, because I'm not going to stop until I've taken everything from him,"

And I can't wait to watch for all of that to unfold.

What a story this will be.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519K 11.8K 53
18+ His first mistake was letting her go Hers was taking him back Four years after Alessio had Karma relocated to London, she returns. Karma returns...
293K 11.2K 31
Luca Romano is a force to be reckoned with - a powerful, wealthy man who commands respect and fear in equal measure. He's ruthless to his enemies, bu...
87.7K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...
32.8K 1.3K 32
How difficult can it be to consummate a marriage of convenience? More than you might imagine. Derrick Williams had his life as the Duke of Chesterton...