Spartans never die (Male Read...

By Snowballgamerz

After being a lone wolf you end up joining the noble team as their new noble 6. This story is based through o... More

Introduction
Harem
Noble Actual (Halo-Reach)
Winter Contingency (Halo-Reach)
ONI: Sword Base (Halo-Reach)
Nightfall (Halo-Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo-Reach)
Harem Update
Long Night of Solace (Halo-Reach)
Exodus (Halo-Reach)
I NEED HELP
New Alexandria (Halo-Reach)
The Package (Halo-Reach)
The Pilar of Autumn (Halo-Reach) Final
The Pillar of Autumn (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Halo (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Truth and Reconciliation (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Silent Cartographer (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Assault on the Control Room (Halo-Combat Evolved)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Library (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Two Betrayals (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Keyes (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Maw (Halo-Combat Evolved) Final
The Heretic (Halo 2)
The Armory (Halo 2)
Cairco Station (Halo 2)
Outskirts (Halo 2)
Metropolis (Halo 2)
The Arbiter (Halo 2)
The Oracle (Halo 2)
Delta Halo (Halo 2)
Regret (Halo 2)
Scared Icon (Halo 2)
Quarantine Zone (Halo 2)
Question
Gravemind (Halo 2)
Uprising (Halo 2)
High Charity (Halo 2)
The Great Journey (Halo 2) Final
Arrival (Halo 3)
Sierra 117 (Halo 3)
Crow's Nest (Halo 3)
Tsavo Highway (Halo 3)
Another Harem Update
The Storm (Halo 3)
Floodgate (Halo 3)
The Ark (Halo 3)
The Covenant (Halo 3)
Cortana (Halo 3)
Another Fantastic Question
Halo (Halo 3) Final
Prologue (Halo 4)
Dawn (Halo 4)
Requiem (Halo 4)
Forerunner (Halo 4)
Infinity (Halo 4)
Reclaimer (Halo 4)
Shutdown (Halo 4)
Update once again
Composer (Halo 4)
Tiny announcement and vote
Midnight (Halo 4)
Epilogue (Halo 4) Final
Teams for Halo 5 (Updated)
Confession (Halo 4.5)
The Night With The Chief (Halo 4.5) 18+
Love Between Alien and Human (Halo 4.5) 18+
The Lustful Nobles (Halo 4.5) 18+
My Commander (Halo 4.5) 18+
Training the rookies (Halo 4.5) Final
Prologue (Halo 5)
Osiris (Halo 5)
Another Announcement
IM BACK
Next Book/Story Description/Preview
Blue Team (Halo 5)
Glassed (Halo 5)
Meridian Station (Halo 5)
Evacuation (Halo 5)
Reunion (Halo 5)
Swords of Sanghelios (Halo 5)
Alliance (Halo 5)
Enemy Lines (Halo 5)
Before the Storm (Halo 5)
Battle of Sunaion (Halo 5)
Genesis (Halo 5)
The Breaking (Halo 5)
Guardians (Halo 5) Final
Aftermath (Halo 5.6)
The Loving AI Companion (Halo 5.6) 18+

Unconfirmed (Halo 5)

1.4K 52 6
By Snowballgamerz

(Sorry for the delay but anyways welcome to another wonderful chapter in the saga. This is probably a chapter you could not waited for so here you go. Enjoy.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Pelicans arrive at Apogee Station. Once the Pelican lands inside the Station the hatch opens as Fireteam Osiris exit one of the Pelicans, and armed Meridian settlers exit the other.

Buck: "Looks like we got an escort."

Tanka: "Be surprised if they weren't. Sloan can't be happy about UNSC marching around out here." 

Governor Sloan (COM): "The lady is correct. My team's there to keep an eye on things while you look around. Nothing personal, Spartans."

Locke: "(hesitantly) No offense taken, Governor. We'll find our targets and be out of your way shortly."

The Spartans and miners head into the station. Leaving the dock, they pass the hallways to reach an outdoor. Other miners are already there, fighting attacking Promethean Crawlers.

Locke: "Prometheans."

Tanaka: "Clear them out! Sloan's people can fight, but they shouldn't have to."

The Spartans and miners took out their weapons and started helping out the other miners with the Crawlers. Some Crawlers tried to pounce on some of the miners when their back was turned but luckily the Spartans has their backs. Eventually the Crawlers were defeated.

Vale: "Area's clear."

Jun: "Let's move on. See if we can find any signs of Blue Team."

They all continued through the station.

Vale: "A lot of money going into this, where's the profit?"

Buck: "Sure your mom was signal intelligence? You sound like a banker's daughter."

Tanaka: "Liang Dortmund pays a couple generations of chumps to break off the glass, then has land rights to an entire planet. It's a long con. But it'll pay."

Tanaka: "Don't make sense, Sloan's people going into the mountain. They were supposed to be chipping off the glass, not digging in the dirt."

Buck: "Sounds like an object lesson in properly following orders."

The Spartans pass through the area and head up the stairs. They reach a landing dock, in which is parked the ONI Acrisius prowler. Several Prometheans, including Knights and Soldiers have surrounded it.

Locke: "Clear the Prometheans. I want a look at that Prowler."

The Spartans engaged the Prometheans but more Knights and Soldiers warp in, bringing their support class Watchers.

Vale: "Knight spawned a Watcher."

The Spartans defended their position taken out more and more Prometheans with their weapons but more Prometheans decided to warp in.

Buck: "Reinforcements. Look sharp."

The Spartans continued to hold position while engaging the Prometheans. Some Prometheans tried to get closer but with his skills Jun snipped them down. Decreasing in numbers some of the Prometheans tried to retreat but the Spartans didn't let them as they gunned them down. The room was eventually cleared.

Jun: "Finally."

Locke: "All clear."

Vale: "Blue Team just left their Prowler parked in the middle of everything?"

Tanaka: "Must've landed here for a reason. Ship's log might tell us something."

Locke: "Let's run a scan."

Vale: "You know, we've seen Promethean attacks since Requiem, but no record of any this intense."

Tanaka: "Something riled 'em up, that's for sure."

Buck: "Never been to a place with an AI for a governor. Not sure how I feel about that."

Vale: "It looked like he was holding things together."

Buck: "Well, sure, it seems it would work out most of the time. That is, 'till a call had to be made that I don't think I'd want a machine making."

Locke then enters the Prowler and activates his Artemis system. His HUD shows images from the Prowler's databanks.

Tanaka: "Look at this."

Buck: "Looks like a map of Apogee Station. It leads down inside the mountain."

Tanaka: "Marked a path to the door outside to the mines."

Locke: "Governor Sloan."

Sloan (COM): "Spartan Locke?"

Locke: "We're looking for access to the mine near our position."

Sloan (COM): "You think this soldier you're chasing is down there? Not likely."

Locke: "I'm asking politely for access to your facility, Governor."

Sloan (COM): "Opening the door for you now. (heavy static) You watch yourselves down there."

A door on the side of the landing dock opens. The Spartans pass through and reach an enormous debris hill. A few meters away there is a miner wielding a sniper rifle.

Miner: "Stand back! Snipers perched ahead!"

The miner is suddenly shot by a binary rifle-wielding Soldier and disintegrates. Promethean Soldier Snipers fires down at the Spartans.

Jun: "The Prometheans have this entrance bottled up."

The Spartans all then pushed up the hill and defeat the snipers.

Locke: "This area's secured. Governor Sloan, there's a door blocking our way at this location."

Sloan (COM): "Opening now, Spartan."

The door into the mine opens, leading to a dim cavern path.

Buck: "Don't see any signs of Blue Team being engaged in combat through here."

Vale: "Think they found another entrance?"

Buck: "My money's on the Prometheans never engaging them."

Vale: "That doesn't make any sense."

Buck: "Making sense and being a fact aren't always the same thing."

Before the Spartans could enter Vale brought up another topic for discussion.

Vale: "What do people usually eat way out here?"

Tanaka: "Similar to military rations. Foods that don't go bad too quick."

Vale: "Taste any better?"

Tanaka: "Hmmm. Nope."

Buck: "You know, after years of human progress, you'd think we'd have figured out the recipe for the perfect MRSE."

The Spartans head into the cavern. They open the door at its end, leading to a large underground room with mining platforms. A Soldier at a weapons cache inspects a SAW.

Soldier 1: "Primitive. Yet functional. It will serve our purpose."

Soldier 2: "These are not the humans approved by Warden Eternal."

The Spartans engage the Prometheans in battle. The room around them then shakes while they are busy fighting the Prometheans.

Tanaka: "Earthquake!"

Locke: "Watch your heads."

The Spartans clear out the Prometheans and head to the next platform, but more begin to warp in.

Buck: "Spawn gates bringing more Prometheans!"

The Spartans destroy them and head to the end of the platform. A Promethean Knight arrives with troops.

Tanaka: "More Prometheans inbound!"

Jun: "When will they give up."

The Prometheans are defeated once again by the Spartans.

Locke: "Area's clear. Move into the structure."

The Spartans head up the stairs and enter a quarry site, which had uncovered Forerunner ruins.

Vale: "There's no record of Forerunner artefacts on Meridian. They must have just uncovered this."

The Spartans drop to the bottom of the quarry. Floating Forerunner droids pass them by.

Jun: "Something here. Similar design to a Monitor."

Vale: "Non-communicative. And they don't seem interested in us."

Locke: "Move forward. But keep an eye on them."

The Spartans then headed into the ruins. They reach a Forerunner elevator platform, adorned by circular roof rings and lava falls.

Buck: "Forerunners did not lack a sense of style."

Locke: "Looks like the only way is down."

Vale: "Look at all of this!"

Locke: "Record everything. We can get a good look at it later."

SALVATION LIES WITHIN

The Spartans step onto the elevator and it slowly lowers into the cavern.

Sloan (COM): "(heavy static) Spartans- I'm- losing- your- signal..."

Locke: "Governor?"

Buck: "Privacy at last."

Vale: "This place is huge. Why wouldn't Sloan report a find of this size?"

Tanaka: "Mother hell..."

Locke: "Tanaka?"

Tanaka: "Just realized. Buck was saying Blue Team didn't fight Prometheans? Well, they didn't have to sweet-talk Sloan either."

Vale: "You think Sloan let them down here?"

Tanaka: "Reckon it's a possibility."

Locke: "A possibility, but not a certainty. If Sloan's hiding something, we'll draw it out of him after we investigate this structure."

The elevator touches down at a platform. The Spartans step off and approach its door.

The Spartans enter an enormous room vigilantly, looking around for any signs of Blue Team. Ahead of them is a light bridge leading to a platform, and above it around scale-like pods. As they approach, a loud echoing voice calls out. The Spartans turn to guard each in a circle formation.

Voice: "She calls the Guardians to serve her!"

Tanaka: "What was that?"

Buck: "Let's go find out, we're sitting ducks here."

Locke: "Agreed. Move!"

The Spartans run down the light bridge to the platform. They reach it but its door shuts before they can enter. The Spartans halt and hear the voice again.

Voice: "Your presence in the Guardian's shelter is undesirable."

Most of the pods pull away, but one opens up to reveal a strange mechanical body. Its parts fall out of the pod, land on the platform, then float together to create a tall skeletal Promethean.

Locke: "Are you the Guardian?"

Warden: "I am the Warden Eternal. I stand in service to Cortana."

Vale: "Cortana?"

Warden: "The other humans are approved for passage. Regretfully, you are not."

The Warden brandishes an enormous sword.

Tanaka: "That sounds like a threat."

Warden: "Vacate this shelter now!"

The Warden punches the floor, creating an shockwave that blasts the Spartans away. They're knocked to the edge of the platform, but regain their feet as the column the Warden's standing on rises.

Buck: "Yup, that was a threat, all right."

Locke and the other Spartans prepare to battle the Warden. Their shields, broken from the blast, recharge as the Warden summons a pack of Crawlers.

Buck: "What is this guy? Where'd he come from?"

Locke: "Something new. Defend yourselves."

Warden: "You are not necessary to her plans. Leave now and be spared."

The Warden then attacks the Spartans, as do his droids.

Jun: "He's heavily armoured. We need to get fire on his back."

While the Spartans fought the pack of Crawlers Locke was facing the Warden. The Warden walked towards Locke which then turned into a full on sprint towards the Spartan. The Warden then jumped into the air trying to stab Locke but he rolled out of the way behind the Warden as he landed on the ground creating a little shock wave. Locke aimed his rifle towards the back of the Warden as he started to fire bullets into its back. The Warden cried out in pain as he was getting gunned by Locke. After a while of a repeated cycle the Warden is defeated. His body fragments, and the pieces are sucked into a slipspace portal as he screams.

Tanaka: "What the hell was that thing?"

Vale: "The Warden Eternal... he said he served Cortana."

Buck: "Not anymore he doesn't."

The cavern shakes and rumbles.

Vale: "Another quake."

Tanaka: "Bad news. Should get moving."

Locke: "The Warden was protecting whatever lies beyond those doors."

Buck: "He called it the Guardian."

Locke: "Cortana is connected to this Guardian somehow, and that makes it the Noble Six's most likely target. We find it, we find him. Let's go."

The door inside disintegrates. The Spartans pass through into its hallway. Fireteam Osiris then exits a door to head further into the Meridian Forerunner ruins.

Locke: "The Warden said Cortana was calling them to her. She's not here."

The Spartans walk down their pathway. Pan right to reveal more of the underground chamber. It is framed by lava falls, and floating platforms move to lead to the enormous construct in its centre - the Guardian.

Buck: "Whoa. They built them big, didn't they? Figure that's the Guardian?"

Tanaka: "Can't get much by Buck."

Spartan Vale approaches the edge of their walkway and sees a glowing blue light on its floor. It resembles another blue light situated on a floating circular platform. Vale steps into it, and is immediately teleported to the platform.

Vale: "Up here!"

Vale steps off the platform to another walkway, but sees another teleportation glow above her.

Vale: "Contact!"

It's the missing squad, Blue team - and (Y/N) (L/N). You turn to see the approaching Spartans, and runs.

Locke: "Move! Contain!"

A chase ensues. Osiris pursues Blue Team through the floating platforms, passing through teleporters to reach higher levels. At the last one, Locke jumps in but his teammates stay back. The final platform, which leads to a widening slip space portal, and Blue Team lands to head for it.

Locke lands and holds Kelly, Thelya, Chief, Kat, and Linda at gunpoint with his battle rifle.

Locke: "Blue Team!"

Vale, Tanaka, Jun, and Buck arrive at a balcony overlooking the platform.

Locke: "Stay where you are."

You then suddenly warp in and joins your teammates.

Locke: "Noble Six, stand down!"

Blue Team turns to look at you, who looks back at Locke, who still has rifle raised.

Locke: "Sir, you are absent without leave. This is your one chance to come home peacefully."

You nod to Blue Team. They then turn and walk into the portal.

Locke: "Blue Team! Stand down!"

Blue team just ignores him. You started to walk to the portal.

(Y/N) (L/N): "I have a job to do."

Locke: "Cortana's our concern now, sir."

You then stopped, your back was to Locke.

(Y/N) (L/N): "Like hell she is."

You then turn, grabs Locke's rifle out of his hands, then swings and breaks it over Locke's head. You then proceeded to swing a punch at him but missed, while Locke catches your arm and pushes you away. You then follow with another swing but Locke catches your hand. The two wrestle before you overpowered Locke, tossing him some feet away.

Locke lands and gets to his feet, then charges and kicks his knee into your head. You flounders at the blow while Locke follows with a kick to the chest. You are pushed back a distance and Locke tries to get you with a punch, but you grab Locke and tosses him to the floor. You swing another punch this time at Locke's head, but Locke rolls out of the way and kicks your face. Locke then gets to his feet and knees you more times in the chest.

As you reels, Locke swings his fists at your head. The left punch stuns you, but the right punch knocks you to your knees. You stayed kneeling for a moment, then gets up and slowly turns to face Locke, revealed your faceplate has been cracked while some of the green lights on the faceplate started to flash on and off. Locke stands ready and primes an armour restraint.

The Spartans charge towards one another. Locke swings his right hand carrying the restraint, but you then catches it and punched Locke across the face with your other hand. You kept your grip on Locke's right arm while you proceeded to knee Locke's midsection then locks their arms. As the two wrestle for control, you proceeded with a headbutt at Locke. You then take the restraint, and jams it in Locke's chest. Locke struggles and draws his pistol but his armour seals tight, freezing him in place.

An earthquake rumbles through the chamber. Vale, Tanaka, Buck, Jun, and Locke, still able to move his head, looks up to see rocks falling from the ceiling. You holstered your assault rifle and make your way towards the portal. Before you enter you turned you head looked towards the group on the balcony, but mostly towards Jun. You turned your back and headed into the portal. As it closes, the platform moves Locke closer to Osiris, letting them jump down to reach him. Tanaka pulls the armour restraint off Locke.

Locke: "Damn it!"

Roars echo in the cavern. The Guardian's "eyes" glow as it prepares to break free. The floating platforms around it begin to fall. Osiris looks to the closest exit platform, but it falls into the lava below. The door they entered from shuts.

Tanaka: "Don't like the looks of this."

A deafening screech emanates from the Guardian.

Buck: "Maybe we can get out how they got in."

Buck points to a distant teleporter platform.

Locke: "Go! Run!"

Osiris leaps from teleporter to teleporter, as the platforms lose power and drop. They make it to the last, but Buck misses and grabs its edge while the others phase through. Buck hangs by one arm and sees the lava lake below.

Buck: "Aw hell."

The platform starts to drop, but Locke reappears and grabs Buck's arm. He pulls him up and they pass through the teleporter.

Locke: "I said run!"

The now-empty platform falls into the lava. Cut to the Guardian, now powered and preparing to break into the surface.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 102 12
A lone wolf spartan is a killing machine, quiet, angry, and precise. He only talks to one person, his friend, and his superiors of course, but what w...
15.2K 579 15
My first ever shooter game was Halo 3 and it opened my eyes to the potential all games held. Nearly every day, I'd spend my time playing Halo 3 until...
40.5K 1K 31
I was inspired by Fireslash97's Halo X Male odst reader. so I thought might make my own. This story takes places during Reach all the way up to Halo...
385 21 4
Noble Six would make what he believes to be his final stand on the smoldering rock that was once the planet Reach against humanity's greatest enemy t...