Joker The New King

By RereAU

In a world where power is the only thing that matters, Joker climbed up rank out of hatred. Living as a cripp... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Notice
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Unordinary Christmas
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 + Recap
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A Change (Author's Note)
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
I got tagged...
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84

Chapter 85

778 29 7
By RereAU

Leilah's place...

"Heh..."

As Leilah waited for the elevator to reach her home she grinned and snickered. She couldn't wait to see the look of Darren's face. She felt like a changed woman.

Although all that's changed is her look and appearance, she was also letting go of something important.

*ding!*

"I'm home~" Leilah greeted her boyfriend a bit more cheerful than usual, while also trying to hold it together from laughing.

"Hey, welcome ba—"

Darren's jaw dropped as low as it could. He didn't know who that beautiful woman in front of him was, it certainly didn't look like his girlfriend. 

"Who the fuck are you!?"

But it was just an overreaction on his part. Deep down he knew it was Leilah. There's no one else that could've entered her home without her permission. He was just shocked.

"Pffft... hahaha!"

Leilah bursted out laughing while Darren still has his mouth wide open out of confusion.

"Leilah..." He began, "Is... is that you?"

***

"Mmm~" Leilah shows her delight from the dinner Darren just cooked, sitting at the dining table. "Hah... I haven't eating at all today, there was so much going on with work that I didn't realize I was starving."

"You say that, but you had the time to change your appearance."

"That's only like five percent of my time, you know?"

Darren started feeling that something must've happened. She's a strong woman, both physically and mentally. A problem solver. Very direct. Any problem that's getting in her way, she faces it head on. Even so, Darren felt like he just had to ask how she's been, and realized that he should do it more often.

"Did something happen at work?"

Leilah's smile is slowly fading. Seemed like Darren's worries weren't baseless after all.

...

"It's my mother, she visited my office today."

"Your mother?"

"She was irritated on why some of her employees resigned,, and found out that they switched over to work for ZetaSci."

Leilah's mother. Just her talking about her parents is a rare occasion. And by the tone of her voice, it didn't seem like it was a happy reunion.

But Darren was keeping himself silent to listen. Whether she wanted to continue talking about her or not was up to her. He didn't feel like prying.

"When the conversation kept going..." she continued, "she ended up slapping me. Honestly, I can't even keep count on how much she's slapped me during my lifetime."

Leilah started chuckling while shaking her head. Possibly to let off some steam.

"..."

"And she had the gall to say I remind her of herself, right after slapping me. Can you believe that? She doesn't even know the first thing about me!

"..."

"Did you know how much I wanted to puke hearing that? You had no idea how much I had to restrain myself from slapping her myself!"

"...."

"How funny. She only started taking notice of me recently, when it seemed like didn't give a single damn in the past. Honestly, just who does she see me as? I'm her daughter!"

"......"

"No. I take that back. I don't want to be her daughter. I don't want to look like her. I don't want to associate with her. I don't want to have anything do with her. I want her out of my life just like how she threw me out of her house when I was young!"

Darren noticed her hand started twitching on the dining table. she must've restrained herself from scratching the table and making a fist. Her eyes getting teary. 

Darren doesn't know anything about her mother, but one thing he does know is that Leilah needs to calm herself down, so he put both of his hands on her twitching hand.

"Hey, it's okay. Just forget about your mother. Who cares about her, right?" Darren attempt to brighten her mood.

"Darren... I'm glad you're here." Leilah started sniffling.

Along with the bittersweet smile, she wiped off her tears. All of a sudden, Darren was completely mesmerized by her. Her new appearance was complimented by the moonlight that was shining unusually bright coming outside from the window.

Her pale blond hair, just long enough to scrape her shoulders, and her new messy bangs. That was already enough to awe Darren, but her green colored gem earrings and her emerald eyes really complimented each other, while she was wore a white blazer coming home from work.

Darren couldn't stop himself from cracking a smile.

"So, you haven't told me what you think about my new look." Leilah gave out a sly smile.

Darren just snickered. "Hah.... Just what did I do in my previous life to deserve you?"

"Funny, isn't it? I was thinking the exact same thing."

...

If the dining table weren't separating them, who knows what could've happened right about now?

*beep!* *beep!*

Leilah's phone suddenly rang. she looked at the caller, and it was Kate, her secretary.

"Sorry, I have to get this." Leilah said.

"Yeah, go ahead."

Leilah moved a bit further away from the table in case it is something confidential. 

*click*

"Yes?"

"Ma'am? I'm really sorry to interrupt your night, but there seems to be some highly suspicious movements at the recently vacant town called 'Kincardell'. There seems to be some High-rankers involved, so we can't risk our workers."

"Alright. Let me check the situation myself."

"Are you sure, ma'am?"

"It is as you said. We can't take the chance to risk our workers if it its really as serious as you say."

*click*

"Did something happen?"

"It's just more work" Said Leilah while gathering her things.

"You sure you're not overworking yourself?"

"Hey..." Leilah moved closer to Darren and held his shoulder. "It's fine. I am a workaholic after all!" She moved in closer to give Darren a kiss on the forehead.

"..."

"I'll get going. Don't wait for me all night, kay?"

Kincadell

"John..." Seraphina began, "I can't stop worrying about Remi."

Both of them were just about to head home after they had just followed Remi from afar.

"Then, should we go back to check on her?"

"No. you know what? I'll just go there myself and tell her to stop walking doing these things in the future. Otherwise I can't stop worrying about her."

"Oh alright. I'll just wait here."

...

After about 25 minutes, John was just sitting on some rooftop, browsing on his phone.

"Why is she taking so long?" John muttered to himself.

He tried to call Sera, yet she isn't answering. John was starting to get worried, so he stood up and put his phone back inside his pocket.

—!

There was a woman in the distance, standing on top of another roof. She seemed to be looking around for something. Her eyes were moving all over the place. To the streets, to the building windows, to the roofs, everywhere. Looking for something.

It didn't take long after for our eyes to meet. Her green eyes, it didn't seem like she was lost. Her look says of someone that had a purpose to be here.

John's worries for Seraphina was gradually rising.

Who is that woman?

*Joker The New King Ch 85 - End*

I missed writing this fanfic so much :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 606 26
*Read Second Chance first for story to make sense* Utterly defeated, the Royals return to Wellston, shocked and disunited. The loss took its toll on...
109K 3K 87
John has a cousin who also attends Wellston, and who has dethroned Arlo. He rules similarly to Rei, discouraging bullying and doing his best to break...
2.8K 160 54
Arlo, Cecile, John and Seraphina have graduated, leaving Blyke to the hierarchy. Blyke is King with his pal Isen being the Jack. John and Sera still...
65.4K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...