𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙚 �...

By failedpaperairplane

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════ "Do you want to become a swan?" "..." "A what?" A typical person being transmigrated into... More

◦༻ Boring Have To Knows
◦༻ Outfits/Clothing
◦༻ Songs To Listen To While Reading
◦༻ 1...The Lotus and The White Feather
◦༻ 2...The Old Lady and The Swan
◦༻ 3...Whats worse? A Dance Teacher or a Man Dressed In Red
◦༻ 4...The God and The Clueless
◦༻ 5...An Unlucky Person, For Sure
◦༻ 6...Death Caught Up To Me
◦༻ 7...Da Hong? Who?
◦༻ 8...A First Glimpse Of A Past Life
◦༻ 9...The Shared Emotions Of My Duplicate
◦༻ 10...You Fancy Yourself Insane?
◦༻ 11...How About I Brush Your Hair
◦༻ 12...There's A Ghost Behind You
◦༻ 13...Misunderstanding Ontop Of Misunderstanding
◦༻ 14...God Help Me, Wait, Nevermind
◦༻ 15...Blood Stains A Swan
◦༻ Misfortune Of A Swan*+*Season II Teaser
◦༻ 16...Death In The Cold Blood
◦༻ 17...Another Martial God, Fuck
🦢 1K Special 🦢
◦༻ 18...Oh, It's You, Out Of All People
◦༻ 19...Nothing A Kiss Can't Fix
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (2) 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (3) 🦢
◦༻ 20...Betraying A Contract Is My Forte
◦༻ 21...Welcome Back
◦༻ 22...Life Himself
◦༻ 23...Love Is Really A Thing
🦢 10k Special 🦢
◦༻ 24...Wait, I KNEW Him?!
◦༻ 25...What Are You Thinking?
◦༻ 26...What The Hell Is HE Doing Here
◦༻ 27...Let's Start Over?
◦༻ 28...A Battle Of Life and Calamity
◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune
◦༻ 30...Fake, Fake, Fake
◦༻ 31...We All Know How The Game Ends
◦༻ 32...They're Back
◦༻ 33...The Leopard and The Viper
◦༻ 34...Where, What, When
◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational
◦༻ 37...Love Stories
◦༻ The Misfortune Of A Swan *+* Season III Teaser
◦༻ 38...A Woman With A Grudge
◦༻ 39...Rest Now
◦༻ 40...Death Falls and Death Rises
◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories
◦༻ 42...The Swan's Home
◦༻ 43...Cold, Dark, Waters
◦༻ 44...Black Water Sinking Ships
◦༻45...Puppy Eyes
◦༻ 46...Xiu Fen
◦༻ 47...Life Doesn't Know How To Write OR Read
◦༻ 48...Life's Personal Rehabilitation Program! Sponsored by He Xuan
🎄Christmas Special🎄
◦༻ 49...They Confess At Last
◦༻ 50...The End

◦༻ 36...The Reverend's Playground

1.3K 66 3
By failedpaperairplane

"What-"
CRACK!
A cold palm swipes across Pei Ming's face, the faint sting of aftershock settles over him and he looks at Da Hong with wide eyes.
༻ ❍ ༺

     IT WAS THE THIRD FLASHBACK Y/N HAD EVER BEEN IN AND NOW HE REALLY BELIEVES IN THE SAYING: "THIRD TIMES A CHARM." SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE NOW HE WOULD LEAVE WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS.

     Mei Nianqing had promised him to show Y/n the full flashback this time, the whole explanation and how everything happened or went wrong for Da Hong.

     Mei Nianqing pauses before his fingers touch Y/n's forehead, contemplating something. Y/n raises an eyebrow at him.

"Xiu Y/n, do you know what that silver butterfly was in the flashback where I showed you a portion of Da Hong's backstory?" Y/n shakes his head no, he forgot about that thing a long time ago, he only just remembered it now. "Well, that was a sign that dark energy was overtaking your body; or The Reverend was trying to take control. If you see that butterfly again start screaming and wailing, I will wake you up." Y/n stills for a moment. He nods after that moment, and those two fingers press against his forehead; his vision goes black.

Mei Nianqing catches Y/n's tipping body, laying his head in his lap and petting his (your hair texture) hair.

This poor thing. If only Da Hong didn't take that deal, surely Da Hong regrets what he did?

     Mei Nianqing can only hope that Da Hong regrets what he did. Especially after all of this.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

"Da Hong..." Pei Ming trails off, his throat dry. He was looking at the actual Da Hong, the one he had failed to save twice. The one he fell in love with all those centuries ago. The one who drove him to fall in love with Xiu Y/n.

He was back—

Da Hong rolls his eyes and jumps down from the window sill he was perched on.

     —and more pissed than ever.

"Surprise." Da Hong states with no mirth or emotion in his tone. Pei Ming opens his mouth to say something, but he's quickly silenced when Da Hong gets closer to him. A hand reaches out to his face and he automatically raises his hands, backing away a few steps.

"Wow, wow, I have a lover-"

"I'm well aware and I don't have such interests. I've never been attracted to anyone in my entire life and afterlife, that isn't changing. Especially when you're in such a relationship with my closest friend." Da Hong states blankly, "I was just going to do this."

"What-"

CRACK!

A cold palm swipes across Pei Ming's face, the faint sting of aftershock settles over him and he looks at Da Hong with wide eyes.

"What the hell was that for?!"

"For being a little shit and disregarding Ling Wen's workload." Pei Ming shoots him a confused look, "Do I need to slap you again— goddamit, do you even know how much work was pushed onto Ling Wen's shoulders because of your absence?!" Da Hong demands, jutting I finger in Pei Ming's chest when he said 'your'.

"...you came all the way over here just to tell me to do my work?" Pei Ming asks out of the blue, clearly still recovering from the slap.

"YES!" The sudden yell practically shakes the palace.

"NOW GET YOUR ASS IN YOUR OFFICE AND DO YOUR WORK BEFORE I HIT YOU SO HARD YOU GO FLYING ACROSS THE HEAVENS SO FAST THAT THE GODS WILL THINK YOU'RE A SAND BAG AS YOU FLY PAST THEIR PALACES!"

That makes Pei Ming's eyes go even wider as he's practically dragged to his office by a fuming Death.

Is this really how one reunites with someone they lost centuries ago? Pei Ming silently wonders, sending the back of Da Hong's head a look as he's dragged by his ear.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

The first thing Y/n hears in the flashback are sobs, the sobs and the wails of a woman. Y/n looks up and sees a woman who scarily resembles his (guardian #1), she's holding a baby in her arms, a crying baby. Y/n looks further and sees that the woman is being hugged from behind by a man who holds a dark expression as he looks at his baby.

"Da Luli, it's okay-" The man begins to whisper, reaching out to caress the baby's cheek with a hand, tenderly wiping away it's tears.

"No, no it's not. Our child was cursed the night he was born goddamnit!" The woman cries, biting her lip as she holds the baby to her chest.

Da Luli? Is that Da Hong's mom? Y/n faintly takes note of. Then the man should be Da Hong's father.

A knock clicks against the door, Da Luli's breath hitches and she scrunched backwards as the door slowly creaked open. A wave of relief rushes over her face when she sees the face of the man who just entered. Y/n's eyebrows shoot up at a glance of the familiar face.

Mei Nianqing.

"Mrs and Mr. Da, I was told your child's life was damaged by The Reverend Of Empty Words?" Da Luli nods profusely at Mei Nianqing's question, Da Xue begins to step forward and goes to Mei Nianqing, taking his cloak for him and shutting the door as softly as he can for how stressed he is.

"Our son was cursed in his own crib last night. He was said to have his life shortened profusely and suffer in the afterlife." Da Xue explains as Mei Nianqing takes the baby into his own arms from Da Luli's. The baby almost immediately quiets down in Mei Nianqing's arms, curling up against him and clinging at the tassels braided into his hair. Mei Nianqing makes no move to stop the tiny baby as it plays with one of them.

Mei Nianqing presses two fingers against the baby's forehead as it's distracted with the red tassel, Da Luli chews at her nails as a faint gold light appears on the baby's forehead. Mei Nianqing mumbles a few words, too quiet for even Y/n to hear from where he's standing next to Mei Nianqing. The light fades after a few moments and Mei Nianqing passes the baby over to Da Luli. The couple look at Mei Nianqing with hopeful eyes.

"The curse has been held off, however it will return at one point, but your baby will be able to handle it by then; even take advantage of it." Da Luli and Da Xue sigh in relief, looking down at their baby as Da Luli wipes the tears from under her eyes.

     Yea about that, it came back to me. Not Da Hong.

"Dearest cultivator, I can't thank you enough. So, I would like to give you the permission to name my child." Mei Nianqing's eyes widen for a moment at Da Xue's words, but as he's about to decline he stops himself. He ponders for a moment.

"Your child shall be named Da Hong, it means 'Intelligent Swan'. That should suit him well." Mei Nianqing explains as he runs his fingers along the baby's small head of hair. Da Hong happily giggled and holds Mei Nianqing's finger, playing with the gold ring that rests upon it.

Mei Nianqing's eyes flicker when the ring is touched, but Da Hong doesn't take it; rather tapping it and frowning as he looks up at Mei Nianqing.

     "Ashes," Da Hong states, his first word loud and clear.

     Mei Nianqing and Y/n's eyes widen.

     Those are Bai Wuxiang's ashes.

     Before Y/n can see more the area around him fades into static.

     It fades back into a picture, an image of a big field; lush and grassy as it slopes and dips in specific places.

     The faint giggles of two children reach out as the tussle down the field, grabbing at each other and waving their hands in each other's faces.

     The child with a more feminine appearance and turquoise tinted clothes pokes a finger into Da Hong's cheek.

     "Shi Qingxuannnnnn!" Da Hong whines as he hastily pushes that finger away, frowning at Shi Qingxuan. She rolls her eyes at him and opens her mouth to speak, but she's cut off almost immediately.

     "SHI QINGXUAN!" Another voice yells, Da Hong and Shi Qingxuan in the question jump at the yell.

     Da Hong and Y/n both look back to the source of the voice as Shi Qingxuan shrinks back, cringing.

     That's Shi Wudu, Shi Qingxuan's dear older brother.

     Da Hong makes a 'humph' sound as he crosses his arms. Rolling his eyes at Shi Wudu's boundless pestering at Shi Qingxuan, Shi Wudu sends him a look before poking Da Hong himself. Da Hong clings the finger in his fist and the two are soon rolling over the grass. Both snickering as they yank at each other's hair, Shi Qingxuan crawling over them as well.

     With both the boys crawling over each other, Shi Wudu on top of Da Hong as he straddles his hips with his thighs; Shi Qingxuan can't help herself.

     "Kiss!" Da Hong and Shi Wudu gawk at her, she only snickers. "Come on! Both of you haven't had your first kiss yetttttt!" She complains.

     Shi Wudu flys red at Shi Qingxuan words, Da Hong laughs and leans upwards; jokingly pressing at Shi Wudu for a kiss. Despite being just as bewildered as Shi Wudu was earlier.

     Da Hong doesn't know yet, but he will know what it feels like to want to keep your sister safe at all costs.

     A sudden yell makes all the children jump.

     "DA HONG! IT'S YOUR MOTHER! THE BABY IS HERE!" Da Xue yells, across the field, the panic in his voice prevalent as a look of panic spreads across Da Hong's face.

     All three children sprint down the field, jumping over crops and crashing into the tall grass as they surge towards Da Hong's small home.

     When they enter, out of breath from how fast they were running, Da Luli is covered in sweat as she holds a wailing and bloody baby in her arms; a doctor practically swarming over her to treat her and the baby with medicine as her chest heaves.

     Da Luli faintly sends a soft look to a wide eyed Da Hong as her husband rushes to her side. The doctor stepping back to give the couple a moment of privacy as they kiss. Da Hong stands dead still, not knowing what to do.

     "Meet your sister, Da Hong." She breathes out with her eyes puffy with tears, smiling in relief as all three children practically crawled over the baby being placed in the crib. Shi Qingxuan fawning over the baby, Da Hong playing with the baby with his finger, and Shi Wudu (being the responsible one) gently swaying the crib back and forth to relax the baby.

     Y/n smiles at the domestic image of Da Hong falling asleep cuddling with Shi Wudu; baby Da Ju in his arms as Shi Qingxuan lays across the two older boys. Her snores filling the room.

     The area fades into static and very faint images flicker in front of Y/n, images of a little kid Da Ju and the three friends tussling around in the field, and then the images slowly fade into fire and soldier's yells of terror.

     The image of Da Ju and Da Hong sprinting out of the Yushi kingdom and into the forest goes over, Da Hong screaming as he is grabbed at by both Xuli and Yushi soldiers trying to stop him from escaping; still refusing to stop running and holding onto his sister.

     Another image of Da Hong and Da Ju in a desert watching Pei Ming ride out into the distance on his horse morphs into the image of the siblings stealing food from markets and hiding in alleyways.

     Then, Y/n hears a loud wail from Da Hong as he holds Da Ju in his arms. He sobs as he holds her dead body close to his chest, sobbing like he did when The Reverend cursed him as a baby when Heng Mei holds him in her own arms as he looks over the grave of Da Ju.

     The flashing images halt when it all morphs into an image of Heng Mei and Jun Wu standing a few meters apart. Standing off. Heng Mei's eyes brewing in fear and wrath as Jun Wu looks back at her, Da Hong's unconscious body in his hands.

     "YOU MOTHERFUCKER-" Y/n yells not caring if no one can hear him, holding himself back from jumping on the flashback of Jun Wu and clawing out his eyes with his bare hands.

     "PUT HIM DOWN!" Heng Mei yells, her voice out of breath and raspy from running after Jun Wu for miles. She wouldn't let him hurt Da Hong, no, she couldn't fail her student like that. She can't.

     "Heng Mei, just make him run off to me when he wakes up and I'll never hurt him again," Jun Wu smiles as he speaks, "All you have to do is make him run away from you and go to this very temple. Run into my arms and my protection, I'll be perfectly satisfied then." Jun Wu's voice darkens slowly as he points the sword at Da Hong's neck. Heng Mei flinches, but holds herself back from stepping forward.

     Y/n looks around, this is the temple Jun Wu killed him in, wait, this is also the temple Jun Wu had trapped him in only two weeks ago.

     They were the same temple.

     The same fucking temple. The same abandoned Ming Guang temple.

     All Y/n had to do was drop an offering on the alter while Jun Wu was gone and Pei Ming could've saved him.

     Y/n bites his lip so hard it bleeds as he glares at Jun Wu. He wants to rip him to shreds.

     Heng Mei growls at him, "Fine. I'll make him run to you, but if he doesn't go to this temple; don't you dare hurt him now, at least control yourself and wait till he has enough power to have a fighting chance."

     Jun Wu smiles at Heng Mei and lowers Da Hong down, he plants a cold kiss on his forehead but is immediately shoved away by Heng Mei. Y/n practically gags.

     Heng Mei brings Da Hong into her arms as she glares at Jun Wu, who only smirks at her and fades away into thin air; returning to his place in the heavens.

     The image fades to Da Hong tossing Heng Mei's bloody body into the river. Da Hong looks down at the blood covered dagger in his hand, the lotus dagger; expression blank.

     But, he doesn't run in the direction of the temple of The Heavenly Emperor like Jun Wu wanted. In fact, he sticks up a middle finger in it's direction.

     "If you can hear me; I hope you ride the dick of one of your statues and die while doing so."

     Y/n's jaw falls open. Da Hong really had no filter when he was angry.

     DAMN-

     Da Hong whips his head around and walks in the direction opposite of the temple, turning his back on the home of Heng Mei that he was trained in and practically raised in during his teenage years.

     The flashback fades into an image of a wanted poster pasted on the pillar of a temple. A temple of The Heavenly Emperor.

     Suddenly a hand jumps into the picture and rips the poster down, the flashback zooms back from the close up of just the temple and shows Da Hong violently sprinting into the doors of the temple, soldiers following him and yelling. Soldiers of Xianle according to the armor style.

     Da Hong backs into the temple, smirking as all the soldiers enter. He suddenly snatched the lantern at the alter and smashed it into the wooden wall, he sprints past the guards in their panic and slams the doors shut. The whole temple lighting ablaze as Da Hong sprints down the street of screaming passerby's. Everyone too scared to grab him as the soldiers screams of agony echo through the street.

     The image morphs into a whole wall of wanted posters of Da Hong.

     Y/n's jaw falls open. As a little child sprints past the wall, a woman in orange hinted clothing on his tail, screaming a world of curses at him as he disappears over a corner. It was Juan Jiayi chasing Hong'er.

The image flashes to Da Hong tossing a silver and red jeweled butterfly pin at Hong'er as he hurriedly pushes through the market place. Hong'er's eye shining brightly at the disappearing figure of Da Hong.

    The flashback fades into the heavenly courtroom, Y/n happens to be standing next to Pei Ming during it.

     "As we all know, The Tragedy Of The Burning Cities has commenced and many temples and worshipers are being attacked and burnt to ash." Ling Wen explained to the crowd of murmuring gods. Pei Ming's face darkens and Shi Wudu pats his shoulder, but that only makes Pei Ming tense up even more.

     "As gods, we must eliminate Da Hong on sight. He may be mortal, but The Emperor has ordered for there to be an exception made for him; as he is putting other mortals in grave danger. All in favor of this plan are given full permission to kill Da Hong."

     Y/n wants to hug Pei Ming he looks so depressed at those words, but all he can do is join Shi Wudu in holding a hand over Pei Ming's shoulder. Even if Pei Ming can't even feel his presence, much less his touch.

     The image fades into Da Hong and The Reverend Of Empty words sitting at a table, negotiating something.

     "So, the deal is set. Whoever kills the most mortals in the next 100 days will win. If I win; I stop aging and earn more durability against things that will kill normal humans. If you win, you get my soul." Da Hong muses as he smiles at The Reverend. The Reverend wisps around for a moment before speaking up itself.

     "Very well, Da Hong." The Reverend rasps. Da Hong smiles wider.

     The image flickers and now Da Hong and The Reverend are circling each other like sharks around the same table.

     "Well, are you going to keep your end of the deal? I mean, it was a pleasure for me to murder all those disgusting men and women. The ones who tried to forcefully make a move on innocent people!" Da Hong crosses his arms as he sends The Reverend a dark smile.

     The Reverend growls as it sends a wave of spiritual energy at Da Hong. Da Hong's meridians glow white for a moment before fading back down as The Reverend disappears into the trees.

     The image flashes over Da Hong and Pei Ming yelling at each other in the sea of fire and smoke. Then there's one last image, barley holding itself up as it flickers in Y/n's vision.

     Y/n feels exhaustion overtake him and surge him down, frustration and anger swimming in his veins as Da Hong dies against the tree.

     But, this time around; the old man doesn't look up and Y/n and smile. He keeps his eyes locked on Da Hong, the last thing Y/n sees is The Reverend showing up beside the old man; whispering something in his ear. The old man smiles at Da Hong, The Reverend looks up at Y/n this time. Y/n screams.

     Y/N WAKES UP WITH HIS CHEST HEAVING. HIS LIPS TOUCH FRESH AIR ONLY TO BE CLOSED OVER BY ANOTHER PAIR.

Sorry for not updating last week btw, I was super tired lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.1K 15
Xander had always been a bright kid almost frightening so and he'd probably be able to rule in whatever job department he choose but there was a slig...
32.9K 1.2K 44
𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 There is one rule in this world, a human rises as a god, they fall as a ghost, but in the end...
1M 32.9K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...
4.6M 158K 76
Summary: Yue Fei transmigrates into a novel and becomes the fodder beta male partner of the male lead in the book. His alpha boyfriend marks an omeg...