Strength Behind Recovery (May...

By Brayden2018

[ #106 in Short Story ] 10/5/2015 "We've trapped the lightning in the bottle, created the magic, set fire to... More

Prologue: Simply Love.
I am William.
Vivid Blue Eyes.
Game Table
A Mutual Relatioship
After Impact
A Crash, Rescued By Love
Awaken By You
Chats.
Forever By My Side
A Helping Hand
Spring Love.
Booked In.
A Twist For the Worst
The Same Trip, Different Person
I'm Here Isabelle
Regained Hope
Shady Romance.
Trapped in Love
Indescribable Home
We Awoke.
Magical
Annual Surprises.
21 & 21
Lullaby.
Rock Bottom
Recovery Created Completion
The Last Stare.
The Repeat of Dreams.

Months Ago, Still Complete.

71 10 1
By Brayden2018

Isabelle is gone now, she has been for four months. I still find it hard to move on, to be truthful that I wont see her again. Even though she completed me, it doesn't mean I wont date other girls. Its not like I cant fall in love again. I can... I can fall back in love. I think the only problem with falling back in love, is the lack of strength. The strength we had, because of our recovery is sacred. Its something I will never obtain again. That is why Isabelle completed me, that is why I can simply live. Why I wake up every morning relieved, knowing somewhere in my dreams I could live with her. Knowing what I had lost physically, wasn't lost mentally or emotionally. I knew she still had a place in my heart, sadly I also knew that nobody could ever fill that again. This reminisce of memories that I haven't forgot of is still floating in my mind. Drifting away in my dreamy conscious.

A couple weeks ago the funeral planners had sent me my prized possession, Isabelle's ring. The best memory I physically had of us. I cried as I remembered the proposal, the dance in the sea of bright lights. The stars looked down on us during that one in a life time sensational experience. The kind of experience you feel when it happens only once, it was a fluke. The positive version, I cant believe how lucky I was. How lucky Isabelle was to have me, and together our strength as one. The one and only. I rubbed the golden ring, I felt the slight depth of the inscription. "Complete." I sat, emotions of love flooded my torn down mind, I was starting to live in despair. No, I couldn't let myself, I couldn't break away from being complete. It was like trying to break a mountain in half, it just doesn't happen and it never would. As much as I tried Isabelle would always complete me, and if I ever found another woman like her, I would surely break down. I would break down in sorrow because it wasn't her. It wasn't my completion. It wasn't my one and only darling Isabelle.

*Leave a comment, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 1.3K 33
Enduring a lifetime of tragedy and death is not how most people dream they life would be, to be fair neither did Hecate but you either embrace the pa...
1.4K 70 17
Suffering from anxiety, depression and insomnia Isabelle thinks about taking her life, her friends soon find out about her condition and begs for her...
2.3K 572 111
❝you've been broken for long, come, let me heal you again❞ the darkest valleys of soul have been broken for long. let's burn our inner flames again...
6.5K 135 26
The updated & edited version of this story is now on Wattpad!: https://www.wattpad.com/story/43967583-forever-desires A trigger was pulled...and it w...