The Malevolence of a Woman Wr...

By B_Zahin27

PREQUEL TO THE ROMANO SERIES Promises are made to be kept, that's what Italian Duchess, Angelina Moretti beli... More

The Malevolence of a Woman Wronged
Chapter 1- A Vengeful Woman
Chapter 2- More than a Title
Chapter 3- How to Make a Friend
Chapter 4- A Turn of Events
Chapter 5- The New & The Old
Chapter 6- The Smile of a Lifetime
Chapter 7- No longer chance
Chapter 8- Those Familiar Sparks
Chapter 9- Business Propositions
Chapter 10- The Same Path
Chapter 11- Fearless Worries
Chapter 12- Regrettable Actions
Chapter 14- Moving Forward
Chapter 15- Quiet Wishes
Chapter 16- The First Step
Chapter 17- The Winter Ball
Chapter 18- The New Duchess
Chapter 19- Recurring Thoughts
Chapter 20- Dignified Dominance
Chapter 21- Perfect Expectations
Chapter 22- Better than Her
Chapter 23- A Friend of Mine
Chapter 24- Nervous Jitters
Chapter 25- A Good Idea
Chapter 26- Pillow talk
Chapter 27- A Great Man
Chapter 28- Fawning Realisation
Chapter 29- Dangerous People
Chapter 30- Boredom.
Chapter 31- Unspoken Words
Chapter 32- Another Step Forward
Chapter 33- The Verge of Insanity
Chapter 34- Scheming Minds
Chapter 35- A Villain & A Heroine
Chapter 36- A Villain who Wins
Chapter 37- A Day at Court
Chapter 38- Setting it Straight
Chapter 39- The Festival of Stars
Chapter 40- Too Good to be True
Chapter 41- A Line That Shouldn't Be Crossed
Chapter 42- Louder than Words
Chapter 43- The Benevolence of a Woman Healed
Chapter 44- What the future Holds
Chapter 45- Happy as Could be
EPILOGUE
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 13- Plans on Paper

422 15 1
By B_Zahin27

--Angelina POV--

"How did it go?"

"That's... quite a difficult question to answer right at this moment," I replied, wondering how to word the situation out in an understandable way.

It's been a few days since the charity event, and while my future mother-in-law, whose name I learnt is Ida, was busy planning mine and Lucian's wedding, I was busy arranging for all my stuff to be moved to my new home in Germany, along with all the other legal things since I plan on living here in Germany for the next year or so.

"And why is that?" I could hear the confusion in my mother's voice as she spoke. "Were you not able to get any help?" And now she was starting to sound concerned, which is quite odd since I never remember her being concerned for me.

"Yes, from someone unexpected," I peered into the home office of Lucian as he was sat at his desk, typing some things into his computer while I was stood out here on the terrace talking to my mother on the phone.

Catching my gaze, I jumped, surprised for a moment, but didn't turn to look away as he curved his lips into a smirk, sending me a quick wink as I rolled my eyes in return, turning back to look at the view of his garden as I spoke on the phone.

"Mia figlia, stop beating around the bush, just tell me," My mother huffed from the other end.

"I'm... Getting married," I didn't know how else to say it. "To Lucian Vandenburg. At the end of the month," I added on for extra specification.

"I'm sorry... What!?" I made the smart choice to move the phone away from my ear just in time as I heard her string a line of cusses from the other end.

"Yes, I think it's quite a good idea. There's no chance of heartbreak as it's not a love marriage, and we'll both get something good out of it, don't you agree?" My mother was the only one to know the truth while everyone else believed it was a love marriage, but that's something that can't be helped.

"I'm not sure about this figlia. A marriage of convenience for you? You, who believes in love, are you sure about this?" I bit my lip to hold back any retorts.

"Where has believing in love gotten me, mama? I've lost more than I ever had. I don't need love anymore, I just want my company back, and thankfully, Lucian agrees. He's my ticket to getting my company back as quickly as possible, I hope you understand,"

There was a pause, and for a moment I thought the line went dead.

"I understand... But darling, don't give up yet. I know how much your company means to you, but there is so much more to see. Don't become a workaholic like me, and don't let the mistakes of one person ruin your whole image of something... I know I'm not the person you should be hearing this from, but I thought I'd let you know,"

"Yeah," I croaked out. "I'll keep that in mind," I squeezed the bridge of my nose as I ran over her words. It would have been nice if I had been able to hear these words just a little bit earlier.

The world truly may have so much more to offer, but I don't think I'm willing enough to see what that is, at least, not yet. I wonder if I'll ever be fully willing?

"I'll call you later, mama. Take care," I spoke when I noticed Lucian gesturing for me to go inside to where he was sat on the couch in his office, a small pile of papers in front of him on the coffee table waiting to be read by me.

"Alright, I love you," I opened my mouth to reply, but the words had gotten lost in my throat. Such easy words, I guess not that easy in all honesty.

"Yeah... Bye," And I ended the call, walking back into the office as I sat down on the opposite couch as Lucian, placing my phone on the table before leaning towards the papers he had pushed towards me.

I knew I was trying my best to forgive her for all her mistakes, but I wasn't ready, it'll take more time. Especially with the fact that I had trust issues, since most people in my life right now are all looking to backstab me at any given opportunity.

"What's this?" I asked, skimming over the words on the paper.

"Our contract, putting it into words on paper makes it feel more valid. You're party A, and I'm party B, by the way," I hummed, nodding through most of the points in agreement, they were all understandable, and sensible points, most of which he already mentioned before.

"Of course, the only people that are aware of this contract is me and you. Other than your mother though, she's the only one that knows this is a marriage of convenience. Is there anyone else you would like to share the secret with?" I shook my head.

"What about you?"

"Other than you, my BFF-" I scoffed, rolling my eyes as he chuckled. "-One of my closest business partners. I don't consider him a friend, but he's a good ally, being the owner of the biggest law firm in the world and all,"

"The biggest law firm?" I echoed, picking my head up to look at him as he nodded. "Isn't that..." I drifted off as he, once again, nodded his head.

"Park Reid. Heads up for if you ever meet him, he's an absolute weirdo, but somehow, everyone loves him," Maybe we should learn a thing or two from him? Since neither Lucian nor I have any friends beside each other.

As I continued to read over the points in the contract, I paused on a certain one.

"Neither party is permitted to engage in any romantic relations with anyone while the contract is still standing, this includes any sexual activity with any gender. Is that even necessary to put in here?" I looked at him.

"Just wanted to be clear. This marriage is supposed to be a quiet one, I don't want any tabloids talking about either one of us being part of an affair," He raised his arms in surrender as he spoke, it was a valid point.

"Okay, but what about this one? Sexual activity between both parties included in this contract is acceptable so long as both parties agree, what's up with that?"

"Hey now, this contract has a term for 2 years. You're not going to get pent up?" I gave him a look as he sighed, raising his hands in the air in surrender for the umpteenth time.

"Was I really that bad at it?" I wasn't going to reply to that, because he very well knew the opposite was the truth but just wanted to hear the confirmation from my own lips which is something that wouldn't be happening today.

Both parties will help each other in terms of any social activities and events. That's understandable.

Both parties will share a room as a married couple in the time that this contract remains standing. Yep, already knew about that one.

Party B will help Party A in all financial aspects. Huh, well isn't that just so nice of him.

No romantic relationship may be formed between both people included in this contract. Don't need to worry about that at all.

If Party A's assets aren't won back by the end of this contract, the contract may be prolonged for an extended year. Let's just hope 2 years are enough to get my company back then.

I continued to read over the rest of the points, slowly nodding my head as I came to a close, but his eyes which were drilling a hole through my skull left me with some questions.

"Is it okay?" He curiously asked.

"This contract seems to be more in my favour than yours,"

"That's because it is. While it is more in your favour than mine, you've also got more risk than me. If this contract is exposed, the worst that'll happen to me is getting scolded by my mother, but you..." He drifted off, not needing to put it into words.

"And that's what confuses me even more? Why are you willing to help out a woman with so much baggage instead of calling any other woman who I'm sure will be just as willing," I met his gaze, the doubt starting to settle in.

I didn't want to say it in case it was true, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking it. What if this man is more dangerous than Donovan? What if he has hidden agendas that will leave me more vulnerable than Donovan ever could?

"I know what you're thinking, and I understand your doubts. There's not a way that I can prove myself to you other than asking for your trust. But even then, you don't need to trust me. If I had any ulterior motives, this contract would not be so strict, more on me than you,"

Once again, he had a point.

And now that I think about it, I've already lost everything, there is nothing I have that he could think was worth gaining, so maybe I should just close my eyes and take the risk? I was at a dead end, and he's the only one that can help me right now.

"I'd like to add something to the contract,"

He looked confused, but stood up, walking over to his desk before typing some things into his computer, and once he had the desired page up, he pulled his chair back, gesturing for me to go and sit down.

So, I did, typing my added clause onto the document he had opened up.

Party B will gain 50% of the assets from Party A's company once recovered.

"What!? You can't do that," He exclaimed, baffled.

"It's 50/50. Now you have as much to gain as I do. This is me putting my trust in you," I slid back in the chair, smiling up at him as he huffed, taking the opportunity to flick me on the forehead as I hissed, smile turning into a frown as I glared up at him.

"Okay, but 50% is still too much, move it down to at least 30." He tried negotiating.

"But-"

"25 then?" He can't be honest right now, can he? Is he really that rich that my money looks like nothing to him?

"Don't be silly-"

"You're right. Then, 15-" He was having fun now.

"Fine. I give up... 40%" I tried, one last time with a little ray of hope that he'll give in.

"Nah, I'm thinking 10-"

"Okay, okay, you win. Gosh, you always have to have your way, don't you. 30% it is, and that's final," I huffed, going to change the numbers as he grinned, watching me do just that.

"Deal," He patted my head as I pressed print on the document. I guess I had to be the one giving in this time instead of him.

We both read over the document one final time as I picked up the pen, smearing my signature onto the dotted line at the bottom of the page as he did his in his fancy, cursive writing.

If any single clause is broken on this contract, the contract will be deemed void, and the marriage will end. 

Both Parties agree to this.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 30.5K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...
18.6M 528K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancΓ© "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...
51.6K 1K 35
Dominic Ivan Volkov is the next in line to rule his mafia. running a mafia comes with many things power, strength and your own people. No weakness. U...
396K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...