★Read you like a book★ JJBA

By OkGalaxy

Y/N, your average 17-year-old bookworm has decided that there is truly nothing in her life that makes it spec... More

★Under the Moonlight★
★Mysterious Coincidences★
★Restless Nights★
★Discovery★
★Devious Attack★
★Truth and Secrets★
★New Team Member★
★Unexpected Adventure★
★Up in the Sky★
★Battle of Wits and Brawn★
★A Salty Battle★
★Normal Day, Strange Life★
★Beast Aboard the Ship★
★Hotel Freights★
★Traitor Among Us★
★Revenge Gone Wrong★
★The Will to Move Forward★
★Cars and Cliffs★
★Suspicious Fog★
★Mystery Behind the Shadows★
★Cruel Tactics★
★Pipe Dreams★
★Friendship and Dreams★
★The Sun and Mirage★
★All Aboard the Cessna★
★A Backfired Plan★
★Sandy Shores★
★Special Surprise★
★Submarine Chaos★
★Battle on Land★
★A Strange Ally★
★Sense of Pride/Defeat★
★Double the Suspicion★
★Feel Better my Friend★
★No longer Normal-ish?★
★Together Forever★
★Showdown Baby★
★Important!★
★Get Ready, Cause I'm Coming★
★Easy Decision★
★So Long Everyone★
★The End★
★True Ending★
★After Story★

★Fun Times★

1.6K 48 141
By OkGalaxy

"Soo, what's your name?" Polnareff leaned over his bus seat and swooned over the girl who saved Hol Horse and followed us earlier.

The girl stayed silent for a bit as if she was disgusted by Polnareff's presence, and replied "Nena." After a short while.

I ignored their conversation and turned to look at the beautiful scenery outside my window, the Ganges river huh? Pretty amazing if you ask me...

As I was staring, I almost failed to notice Jotaro staring outside to enjoy the scenery as well as paying close attention to any ripples that might occur in the water. Ohhh I remember the whole thing with him liking marine biology right? He must know then, that there's quite a handful of dolphins that swim around there.

I turned to look at him, and it was like I saw him in a new light. His slightly happy expression, that curiosity that keeps driving him forward, no doubt any girl would fall in love with him...wait what the hell am I even saying?! I know the old man wants us to be together...but Jotaro doesn't even like me!

I observed him a little more and slightly chuckled at the A/C making the one curl that wouldn't stay in place, bounce like a little rabbit. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the rest of his hair is as soft and curly as that one curl.

Jotaro, who noticed that Y/N was staring at him gave her a look of 'what?' Y/N didn't reply at first and then gave him a dead-serious look before she took in a breath and asked,

"Can I touch it?"

"PFFT." Kakyoin spit out some water from his mouth that he was drinking, overhearing the conversation unfold. Even Polnareff who was conversing with Nena gave a slight giggle and Joseph readied his camera.

Jotaro hid a tiny blush as he grumbled back, "Touch what? Be specific idiot."

"Your hair, I wanna see if it's as soft as it looks." I giggled back and reached towards it. Jotaro, though slightly caught off guard, took his hat off and let Y/N touch his hair.

I ruffled his hair a little, with some of the curls twirling against my fingers. It felt like a soft cloud...I need to ask for his hair care routine later on.

"You done?" He raised a brow and I happily nodded in return sitting back in my seat. Polnareff turned around to face me and fumed, "Hey! What about my hair!?" And I immediately turned him down.

"Your hair is full of gel, nothing interesting about that." I crossed my arms, and Polnareff cried as If I said something mean.

"What about me?" Kakyoin chuckled and moved his head forward a little to show off his wavy hair, with a really big curl as well. I only laughed and ruffled his hair as well and mentioned, "I can't believe your hair is this naturally red!"

Joseph kept on scratching his arm as he stood up to talk to the bus driver for a few seconds. He then yelled back to us that we still have an hour left till we get to Varanasi.

"An hour huh?" Kakyoin yawned and gave a little stretch before sitting back down in a comfortable position. "A little nap wouldn't hurt, I'm still tired out from fighting Centerfold." Were the last things he said before leaning his head on the cushion of the seat and falling asleep.

I gave a big yawn as well and muttered, "I could finish up my book, but who knows how much sleep we will catch later on, so I better take a nap now as well..."

As Y/N quietly lulled herself to sleep, Jotaro kept a watchful eye on her to make sure the same incident wouldn't happen again.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"What is your problem?!" Y/N yelled at a somber-looking Dio sitting in a chair and reading a book, he didn't reply which only piqued Y/N's curiosity even further.

She inched closer to him and peered over his shoulder to check what he was reading, it was...Fahrenheit 451?

''You know, this is actually one of my favorites." Dio chuckled and closed the book, finally looking back at Y/N after what seemed like 10 agonizing hours.

"Why are you trying to kill me? Why am I the highest target?" Y/N yelled at him but Dio retained the same somber-looking expression and then pointed at the book. "Tell me, what is the basis of the story?"

Y/N looked confused for a second but replied anyway stating, "Fear. Society feared what may  become of people if they read books so they burned all of them."

Dio then raised his hands in the air as if he was congratulating her and yelled "Exactly! That is what the human race is all about, if you must know I myself was once a human."

Y/N angrily stomped her foot at him. "That doesn't answer my question! You tried to kill me last time I saw you and you still are! Explain to me, why?!"

"You still don't get it, do you?" A female voice appeared from the shadows slightly snickering at what Y/N thought she herself failed to realize, that voice belonged to...Amelia.

"Fear!" Dio exclaimed, "Fear is the root of it all! We fear you, we fear you for the strengths you possess. It is an entirely natural human condition."

Y/N took in a gulp as she slightly shivered with anxiety, she then pointed at the two and yelled, "Human condition?! You two are monsters! What do I have that makes you afraid of me? Hell, I'm even more afraid than you!"

"Don't get us wrong, we aren't cowards. You simply stand in the way of getting what we want, we will eliminate you just like they eliminated those books." Amelia muttered under her breath almost becoming slightly angry that Y/N even for a second deemed them inferior.

"Consider this the final, peaceful warning. We eliminated Hanna just like we'll eliminate you."

"W-what?!" Y/N stammered and her eyes became wider than saucers. "Damn you, what do you mean eliminated?! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?!"

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"What did you...." Y/N muttered under her breath, her nose all scrunched up and brows furrowed she started squirming uncontrollably in her seat.

"What did you do with her?!"  Y/N gasped as sweat dripped off of her forehead. She quickly touched the cool glass window of the bus with one hand to remind her that It was all just a dream, but found that she couldn't move the other.

Jotaro, although he was also asleep, was tightly gripping her hand in reassurance and comfort to be there for her in case nobody else was if she had a nightmare again.

Which was true, because even though Y/N yelled pretty loud, everybody was asleep. Excluding the bus driver who was paying attention to the road and Nena who eyed Y/N very mischievously.

Though appreciating the sense of comfort he gave her, it wasn't enough to stop Y/N from almost having a breakdown. They did something to Hanna, to her mom, Y/N knew she had to call her immediately. Maybe this is why she never showed up to work or replied back in Singapore when Y/N called her adoptive parents.

Suddenly there was a yawn coming in Joseph's direction, the old man slowly stood up to stretch and check the time and then grinned.

"5 more minutes boys and girls!" 

I quickly moved my hand away from Jotaro's to prevent anybody from getting the wrong idea as they were waking up.

"Mr. Joestar!" I perked up and turned around to face him, and he gave me a delightful smile in return, "Mr? Call me Joseph, haha! What do you need kiddo?"

"After we get off the bus I need a quiet place to take a phone call, it's an emergency." I told him and he gave a nod of reassurance, "Don't worry, we'll get you to a hotel as fast as possible and..."

Joseph began to scratch his arm uncontrollably, and even Polnareff pointed it out after just waking up.

"There's a bump on your arm..." Polnareff looked on in awe.

"Alright, we're here!" The bus driver yelled and opened the doors for us and I eagerly jumped off along with everybody else. I need to go make that phone call but there's something else that's concerning me, Joseph's supposed bug bite or whatever it is, the bump seems to keep growing bigger and bigger.

"You seem pale, what's wrong old man?" A concerned Jotaro turned to look at Joseph and he just gave a nervous chuckle saying, "I dunno, this bug bite of mine seems to be infected."

"I mean...I'm no doctor but that looks like a weird cyst." I shrugged and Kakyoin nodded in agreement. "I agree, it kinda looks like a face."

Joseph shrieked at the comment. "NO! DO NOT TELL ME IT LOOKS LIKE A FACE! That's creepy!"

"Either way, it looks infected." I then reached in my bag and pulled out some of the antibiotics I used for myself before, "Take these and then go to the doctor, we can't afford you to get sick right now."

"Alright..." He sighed, "We'll all meet at the nearest hotel okay?" He said and then began to walk away while scratching his weird bump uncontrollably. 

"Wait before we leave, why is she still following us?" I pointed at Nena who crossed her arms and avoided eye contact. I didn't question that she wanted to go on the bus with us, but she's still following us! What the heck?!

Polnareff then started to act all flirty and came up to Nena as he fell into a gentlemanly bow, winking and then saying, "Who cares? I can give dear Nena here some company!" 

"Oh well, I need to get to the hotel as soon as possible." I huffed and then walked away, Jotaro and Kakyoin following me as well.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"You seem nervous, what's up?" Kakyoin put a hand on my shoulder as the three of us stepped inside the elevator to the hotel.

"Nightmare again was it?" Jotaro crossed his arms and muttered in realization. I slowly nodded my head in response.

"They did something to my mom. My biological mom. And they're trying to kill me as well." I explained everything that had happened while Jotaro and Kakyoin looked on, listening to me ramble. "It must be a stand ability, either Dio's or Amelia's, the problem is differentiating between the two."

The elevator soon beeped and I ran for the hotel door fumbling with my keys, not even taking the time to observe the room, I quickly summoned a phone and dialed my adoptive parent's number.

The phone rang for quite a bit, but I realized it must have been because it must be very early back in Japan. But sooner than later, they picked up.

"Y-Y/N? Is that you?" My dad yawned into the phone as he tried to guess who was calling him at that hour.

"Dad, I know it's very early but it's an emergency." I quickly replied with a serious undertone in my voice, "Hanna is in danger, call the cops, do anything! But I think there might be a reason why she was missing those few days, she's in grave danger!

"Sweetie," He tried to calm me down, "Where is this coming from? Why are you so sure?"

I stayed silent for a few moments. It all happened in a dream-like world but dad would think I'm crazy if I said that! What could I say to throw off some suspicion?!

"I just got a call from her minutes ago telling me she was in trouble." I lied through my teeth, "She told me that she needed help immediately."

"Alright." I could feel my dad nodding in return on the other end. "We'll take care of it so don't you worry. You focus on your study trip for now okay?"

"Worry..." I repeated his words and tightly clutched on to the phone. "I'll try not to." I convinced him leaving him satisfied. 

"Bye honey!" He replied before hanging up and ending the call on the other line.

I put down the phone and could only wonder. Hanna is a stand user as well right? So she must have the ability to defend herself in case she was attacked by somebody! Oh God, I hope I'm not just feeding myself false promises just so I could feel better...in any case, I hope she's alright.

I opened the door and walked out and saw Kakyoin and Jotaro there not moving an inch. Did they wait for me this whole time...? 

"What are you guys doing? I thought you already left!" I exclaimed and questioned the two boys' presence but Kakyoin gave a simple smile.

"We were waiting for you, and since you're finished with that phone call we're taking you shopping!" He said and even Jotaro nodded his head.

"We got nothing better to do, so until the old man finishes his doctor's appointment, I don't mind sticking around."

Though I wasn't really in the mood, I figured it would help take my mind off of things a little bit. Maybe I should go around the city and do a little shopping right? I guess it wouldn't hurt.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"How about we go get a snack? There's a lot of popular street food around here." Kakyoin suggested and led us to the closest food stall he could find.

A man who was selling some street food noticed us and motioned for us to come over.

"Cool!" I exclaimed and pointed at one of the food items, "That's Baati chokha right? I've always wanted to try that!" The man nodded in response and gave me a small piece to sample it. IT WAS DELICIOUS.

Jotaro smirked at my expression, "Judging by your face, I'm guessing it tastes good." I gave an immediate nod at the comment.

Kakyoin looked like he wanted some too, so Jotaro decided to be nice and buy us all some, to the delight of the food stall vendor who received some money, and the three of us who had very happy taste buds.

We walked by another stall, and I caught sight of Jotaro eyeing a cute little dolpin pin beside an array of other small trinkets and bracelets, rings, and necklaces. I got Kakyoin to distract Jotaro so I could buy the pin when he wasn't looking.

"Look at those magnets! Maybe I should buy one for a souvenir-" My words were suddenly cut off by the sound of many police cars riding through the streets, they were heading in the direction of the hotel...I probably shouldn't think too much of it.

"Crime happens everywhere." Kakyoin sighed, "It's probably your average thief, lets not think too much of it."

We all agreed and just decided to have a good time as we went from stall to stall buying different foods, souvenirs, and other nifty things that I didn't know I needed! I had a good time with them...although I wonder where the heck Polnareff went. Still, I don't know how but they made my day a little better even with all the chaos going on right now.

"My wallet is gonna thank me later." I gave a nervous chuckle at the thin stash of rupees and a couple hundred yen scrunched up in the corner. I then turned around and suggested that we head back to the hotel, because Joseph should probably be back by now.

"Alright, let go!" Kakyoin giggled and I skipped on my merry way, until I tripped on a rock in the gravel road and slammed into a guy at full force.

"Argh!" The main cried out in pain and rubbed his back, "Jesus, is your head made of rock lady?! Who's gonna pay for my back pain now?!" He fumed and pushed me aside demanding compensation.

When he pushed me, I crashed right into Jotaro who caught me and helped me balance myself again. He then turned to look at the man and gave him an intense glare causing the man to quiver in fright.

"Hey, I think my back is all better now-"

"If you don't leave us alone right now, your back pain wont be the only thing needing payment for." He raised his fist and the man didn't stick too long to find out what would happen and quickly scurried along his way.

Jotaro gave a sigh and then turned to look at me asking, "You okay?"

I gave him a thankful grin and responded, "Yea, sorry bout that, I tend to get more clumsy when Im excited." But I don't think Jotaro even cared, he was just glad I was alright.

We headed back to the hotel and before we even set foot across the entrance, we saw the same cops from before on their megaphones, trying to find a...Joseph Joestar.

JOSEPH JOESTAR?! THE JOSEPH JOESTAR?!

Apperantly they were looking for an American foreigner called Joseph Joestar who was a suspect in a murder.

I chocked on my own spit at hearing that and Kakyoin patted my back so I could breathe a little, as we all ran to go find the guy. I mean murder?! He must have gotten caught in a stand attack...

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Jesus old man, just what kind of crap did you get into again?!" Jotaro scolded him, but Joseph looked like he was offended by what he was saying, "How is it my fault?! I got attacked!"

After we found the old man we fled the city because the cops were on our trail. Apperantly Nena turned out to be the stand user, The Empress, and used that bug bite looking thing to attack everything which caused casualties. Leading Joseph to become framed for murder.

I turned to look at Polnareff who sat down and was sulking in a nearby corner. "What's up with him?" I asked and pointed at the dude and Joseph only let out a loud sigh.

"He's sad because he was trying to find a girlfriend, but Nena turned out to be an old hag in disguise when I defeated her stand."

"Ouch, you'll find the right one soon." I put a hand on his shoulder but it looked like he was about to bawl into a crying mess.

"Alright, we need to find a way to get out of this city..." Kakyoin murmured to himself but then Joseph gave him a 'no worries' look.

"I got a car ready for us just in case a moment like this would ever happen!" He motioned towards the direction where the supposed car was and disappeared from view for a few seconds.

"I could just summon a car and get us out of here no problem..." I muttered to myself but decided to just go along with it.

With a few moments to spare, I walked up to Jotaro and tapped him on the shoulder revealing the same dolphin pin he eyed a few hours ago. He looked at it in shock but remained his usual composure.

"I saw you looking at this, and well...I wanted to give it to you. Consider this my thanks for buying me and Kakyoin that delicious food and spending time with me."

"Hm, thank you." He said as he gave a small grin and fastened the pin on his uniform jacket. Kakyoin came up to us and also smiled saying, "I had a great time as well, hope you feel better now Y/N."

"Feel better...?" I repeated the words to myself. They must have overheard the phone call conversation I had with my dad, which is why they were still waiting for me when I finished the call!

"Alright, everyone!" Joseph pulled up to all of us in his car. "Get on before the cops sniff us out!" Everybody quickly complied but before we hopped on, I told both boys something as well.

"I had fun too, thank you so much." I smiled and sat in the middle seat of the car, driving away from the city making it become smaller and smaller by the second...

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2.5K 30
❝ Love breeds sacrifice, which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain. ❞ Aired: August 31, 2018 Ended: June 12, 2020 ──────────── ◆ Characters...
247K 1.8K 6
When Y/n moves to Japan she didn't expect to become the ultimate ladies man, or... mans lady? all characters belong to Haruichi Furudate #4 IN NEKOM...
239K 2.3K 58
y'all I did it. yea if you went to this book it obviously means you're as bored as I am so let's buckle down and talk about p5 ships time to party ig
407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...