★A Backfired Plan★

"Ok, so first of all..." I took a little bit of rubbing alcohol from my bag and made a little cotton ball appear. I soaked it in the rubbing alcohol and warned Noriaki that, "It's gonna sting."

He tensed up for a quick second as I applied the rubbing alcohol to his wounds and then wrapped it in a clean bandage.

He slightly winced at the pain, but it had to be done first so he wouldn't get an infection.

Pulling his sleeve down over the bandages, Noriaki questioned what kind of plan I had. Though I didn't respond at first and looked at the baby...he's listening to everything we say isn't he?

I motioned for Noriaki to come closer to a distance that wouldn't be questionable by the others, but far enough so the baby couldn't hear. To confirm that, the baby tried his best to lean over the basket he was in, but grit his teeth when he realized he couldn't hear us anymore.

"So the baby is undoubtedly a stand user, right?" I asked rhetorically and Norikaki nodded his head.

"What we need to do is find out exactly how his powers work or at least prove that the baby is capable enough of wielding a stand that can hurt us." He added

"Exactly." I hummed in response, "Think about this. What kind of animal is really present in the desert?"

He took a moment to think but responded with, "Mice, Scorpions, some birds, usually at night."

"Scorpions," I reiterated what he said. "We can try and see what the baby's power is by luring the scorpion and getting it to sting him. If it doesn't work out, I can make some anti-venom. We just need to make sure that everybody sees the exact moment that this happens."

"I get what you're saying...But how will we lure a scorpion? Most are underground anyways right?" 

"Based on what I read about them, they like moisture. So add a lot of water to a single place and they'll come running to us." I replied, "Plus, I can produce water, either way, we just need to set up the water trap itself."

"Alright." Noriaki nodded, satisfied with the plan. "I'll take the baby away for a bit and you set up the trap, so he won't be suspicious. After that, I'll try to get everyone's attention so they notice what's up."

I gave him a high-five in reassurance. "You're not alone in this Nori, I got your back," I told him causing his face to light up like a Christmas tree. He gave a quick nod and went to go grab the baby, meanwhile I set up the trap...

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Creating a big puddle, I made the whole sandy area very damp. I even grabbed a broken pipe from the airplane and used it to drip water continuously, because it was connected to a big barrel filled with water. It might take a few minutes, but at least one scorpion should show up. Nobody would pass up free water in a literal desert.

I gave Noriaki a signal and he came over and put the baby in the spot where we needed him to be. And though the baby seemed more intelligent than your regular 10-month-old, even he was confused about what the heck we were doing.

"Ok, get their attention." I whispered in Noriaki's ear, "I'll stay on alert for the scorpions."

He replied, "Alright." And walked over to the rest of the group who were warming themselves up by the fire. Joseph seemed to be the first one to notice him and questioned what he was doing.

"Oh," Noriaki scratched his head, "I checked the baby's fever and it seems to have risen a little bit, could you come with me and check?"

"Of course, but we don't have the right medicine on us to bring it down..." Joseph contemplated