★The Sun and Mirage★

I explained everything so far and explained to them why I believed Dio's stand must be a close-ranged one. Joseph shook his head in disbelief but Noriaki gave my words some thought.

"But to make that bizarre assumption simply based on that...I don't even know what to think!" Joseph exclaimed. 

"But at least it's something," Noriaki tried to reason with him, "We got one down, now we just have to figure more about Dio's stand..."

"Well there's no doubt we're gonna be attacked by even more stand users from now on, we can try and get the information out of them along the way, and fit the pieces together," Polnareff suggested which seemed to slightly please everyone as we all nodded in agreement. 

"We need to head to the UAE for now by sea, I don't want to cross through Iran and Iraq with the whole conflict going on..." Joseph began to inform us and then turned to me, "Y/N, with your injuries, are you well enough to continue with us on this trip?"

"I'll be fine, give me a day and I'll rest along the way to UAE. It's not like my bones were broken or anything, just a concussion, and really bad burns." I replied

Joseph gave a nod and added, "Alright, well rest up then, we will leave first thing tomorrow morning, I'll also get one of the doctors from the SPW foundation to check up on you and give you some more treatment."

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

After that everything felt like a blur, and we were already in UAE and Joseph was trying to buy a car for all of us at a car dealership. Polnareff was flirting with some girl and I sat on the couch taking a light snooze, until Noriaki came up to me and sat right beside me, striking a conversation.

"What did the doctors say last night? Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me in a concerned tone.

I gave him small smile and nodded my head, "I'm fine really, they gave me ointment and some tight bandages and sent me on my way. The concussion should be okay in a few days and clear up in a week, and I got painkillers for the burns and other wounds."

"That's good," He smiled back but then looked annoyed as he turned around and saw Joseph still signing paperwork, "We've been waiting for so long..." He stood up to check on him but Joseph already started to come back.

He messed up Polnareff's hair-doo causing him to freak out for a bit. I heard Jojo let out a grumble of annoyance in the background.

"Alright, kids, I got the car ready. Get in!" He motioned for us to follow him, leading to Polnareff questioning something when we got to it.

"Why did you buy this fancy ass car? An off-road vehicle would be better in these sandy conditions." Polnareff muttered but Joseph shrugged him off saying, "You'll see, I have a small ace up my sleeve."

And as we got in, I could only stare in awe at the beautiful buildings that stood outside. Rolling down the car window a little bit, I enjoyed the cool breeze in contrast with the burning sun on a hot day like this. These buildings looked like mansions! I'm so writing everything about this place in my diary.

"This place isn't cheap but, that's just the standard of living for everyone here." Joseph pointed out looking at a map in his hands.

"Uhhh" I hummed trying my best to remember something without hurting my brain, "UAE has an extremely successful oil industry, right? Which is why it's so rich."

"I believe so." Joseph nodded in agreement, "It's become a playground for the rich at this point."

Noriaki wiped some sweat off of his forehead and tapped on Polnareff's shoulder, who was driving and said, "The sun is a beast here, could you turn up the air conditioning?"