★Under the Moonlight★

You know, if I wasn't always distracted by the world and its mysteries all around me, maybe I would get a chance to just curl myself up in a soft, warm blanket and read a good book with nothing bothering me. As a child, they were my only escape into a world of comfort and acceptance where the characters in the book didn't care who I was but were ecstatic each time I read their story.

Now don't get me wrong, I could have possibly anything I wanted in this world, but I still feel sad...tell me does that make me selfish? Now that I have grown up, I was adopted by loving parents who love and support me every step of the way, and friends who are there for me when I need them, life should be happy for me. I just feel a piece of myself missing, and I don't know what it is. For now, books are the ones filling that gap, but only temporarily. I wonder what the second puzzle piece is. Maybe it's the one that can truly complete me?

"There is no friend as loyal as a book." -Ernest Hemingway

"Hey, woman." I heard those words escape from someone's mouth as they shook me awake like a rumbling earthquake.

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I realized I had accidentally fallen asleep. I picked my head up from the table I was resting my head on and sat up straight to meet a pair of blue-green eyes staring back at mine.

For context, I took upon the job of a librarian assistant when I had free time at school. In more literal terms, the actual librarian is using me to do all of her work while she leaves the school hours early. But I don't mind, the work isn't that hard anyway. Sometimes I talk with my friends, sometimes I read my favorite book, and sometimes I just like to fall asleep under the sound of an oscillating fan, a sound I have grown quite used too.

"Hi! Jotaro right? We're in the same class together!" I slightly giggled to make the conversation a bit more friendly, since I already know that the infamous Jotaro doesn't like to talk.

I slightly stretched out my arms and logged into the library database to see if he wanted to find a book of some kind.

"I need something on Dolphins. Marine Life." He grumbled while slightly adjusting his hat over his eyes.

"Marine Life? That's very cool." I smiled looking at those eyes once more. Searching for those books on my computer, I found the bookshelf location and stood up from my desk.

"Follow me, I know just the book for you." I told him as I led him to one of the research sections on the topic.

He slowly picked up the book he wanted, and flipped through the pages smoothly, making sure that he doesn't dog-ear the pages as he looked through the descriptions of different aquatic animals.

"We have a quiet section right in the back if you want to read in peace." I pointed at the direction in case he was trying to do some schoolwork or just read quietly.

"I see..." I heard him say while adjusting his hat once more, but this time he did it so that his eyes were more visible.

"Thank you." He replied with a genuine look in his eyes, while I stood in awe.

I never thought a person who was labeled as a tough delinquent by almost the whole school, would appear so genuine and kind for doing something so small.

"Anytime." I gave him a smile before turning around and attempting to walk back to my desk until I heard a large thud.

I deducted the source of the thud was on the opposite side of the bookshelf from where I was standing. It caused it to sway for a few seconds than the whole thing started falling on top of me!

Bracing for impact, I barely managed to catch sight of some kind purple ghost standing next to Jotaro as it caught the bookshelf and put it back towards its previous place.