Desire For Destiny: A Jamaica...

By MostwantedELLE

Destiny, has recently graduated from college and has moved to the city to pursue her dream career. At no give... More

*Author's message*
Prologue
Chapter |1
Chapter |2
Chapter |3
Chapter |4
Chapter |5
Chapter |6
Chapter |7
Chapter |8
Chapter |9
Chapter |10
Chapter |11
Chapter |12
Chapter |13
Chapter |14
Chapter |15
Chapter |16
Chapter |17
Chapter |18
Chapter |19
Chapter |20
Chapter |21
Chapter |22
Chapter |23
Chapter |24
Chapter |25
Chapter |27

Chapter |26

459 50 9
By MostwantedELLE

Destiny's P.O.V
5:30pm

To be honest, I'm more excited, than nervous for this ball. Maybe it's because I'm finally getting to live out my prom dreams— a dream that I was robbed of because my date didn't show up. I know that was years ago but let's see how this goes.  The theme for the night is "Blue gala" so everyone is expected to wear a hint of blue.

Tacky if you ask me.

Though I'm anticipating the evening, wearing long dresses always gave me mini panic attacks because I have a small frame and I usually look like a stick wearing a piece of cloth. It's very hard to find dresses that would accentuate my figure.

My last resort was to ask my mom to make me a dress that would actually make me look good. I appreciate the fact that she was able whip up something so last minute even when she put her dressmaking days behind her

I am clueless as to what the design is.
She just put the gown in a small suitcase and that was it.

I didn't even check to see if it fits or even up to par because the ball was so far in the back of my mind.
Knowing her she would 'nunify' the entire gown and make it into something her traditional self believes looks fashionable.

Lord be with me.

I open the suitcase and...the dress is in fact blue.
That's a good start.
I try to lift the gown but it is pretty heavy.

"How mi ago navigate this now?" I asked my self.

Thank god my make-up was already done because I don't think I would be able to do it after I put this on my body.

I stepped into it, zipped it up and analysed the gown while I walked to the mirror.

I'm speechless to say the least.
My mom really out did herself.

It's simple and not too loud.
Even the boobs I don't even have are out...
In a sense, I sort of feel naked but this woman never fails to amaze me.

In the midst of my awe, I realized that I need to finish getting ready because Andrew could be here any minute now.

Man, I'm even more excited to enter that room being on his arm. I even plan on taking him up on his offer to be his girlfriend.

I text my mom a thank you message then Andrews Caller ID pops up.

He must be on his way.

"Heyyy are you here? I just need to put on my bracelets and-" I answered.

"Hey no no listen, I'll be a bit late" Andrew replies.

"Oh...how late are we talking?"

"I have an emergency meeting to attend to so maybe...at 8?" He replies unsure.

A prank?

"But di sumn start 7"

"Yea Des I know but it's really important. You can either wait for me or I'll meet you at the ball"

This can't be real. Why can't things go well for me?
He proceeds to explain what the meeting is about but in all honesty, I zoned out because I couldn't careless.

"Hmm I'll meet you there"

"Des, I'll make it up to you I promise" he said obviously sensing that I'm annoyed.

"Alright, don't worry about it, do you know where its being held?" I asked rolling my eyes in the process.

"You won't be there without a date if that's what you're worried about, I'll be the-"

"Okayy" I said cutting him off.

"I'll talk to you later then." he sighs.

"Ya."

"Are you mad?"

"Nope"

"You sound mad"

"I am not"

"okay I'll see you"

I hang up and throw the phone on the bed.

Then I just look into space.

Because when I think something is looking up, the universe chooses to embarrass me.

I'm glad I'm leaving this place tomorrow.

I won't wait on him because I hate being late to things; it gives me anxiety and at this moment, Andrew made it crippling.

I don't even know what part of this hotel the ball is being kept.

And I'm wearing heals, I can't walk all over the place to find it.

Ugh. I hate this.

Who do I even ask to escort me there? Because going down there alone would be a bit awkward

The only valid name that crossed my mind is Jacob.
Surprisingly, he's the least weirdest person I've interacted with so far and I consider him a friend. So asking wouldn't be a bad idea unless he has a date or his brother decides to go berserk.

Who cares about him anyways...

I called Jacob's number and it has been ringing forever

"C'mon pick up, pick up"

I called twice and no answer.

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't go.

While at the brink of taking everything off and calling it an evening Jacob calls back.

"Miss Gordon to what do I owe this pleasure of a phone call at 6pm?" Jacob says cheekily

"Right now is not a good time for your wittiness, I need you to do me a favor " I said

"What's that?"

"If you can, will you be able to escort me to the ball? I have no clue where it is and I'm wearing heals"

"I think that's what dates are for you know, so...where is yours?" He asked

I gave him a very vague explanation as to why I am in this predicament and reiterated the fact the he's understandably late because as we all know, Jacob loves to stir pot for his own enjoyment.
And I can literally hear him grinning through the phone.

"Listen, I was just asking for the sake of not knowing where to go. If you're unable to, I get it"

"Or yuh shame tree tall?" He said

Mi nuh have time if this.

"You know what never mind, i'll see you in Jamaica."

"Yo, yo relax, i was just joking, hold on for a minute" he said.

After a few seconds of shuffling and him what seems to be conversing with a woman, he gets back on the line.

"Ill be at your there in 10-15 minutes, I have to pick up something for my date first"

His what?

"You had a date? Why didn't you mention that before? I don't want to mess up your plans, especially hers" I said

"She's okay with it" he said

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, and even if she wasn't, I wouldn't leave you hanging like that."

Aw.

"Okay whatever. Now hurry" i replied pretending as if i didn't feel touched.

.......
6:27pm
Thankfully, Jacob said we should meet at the lobby because God knows that's the furthest I could go with these shoes.

He pulls up in a white BMW x6 with a lady in the front seat, that may be his date. Knowing the kind on women the Kennedy brothers tend to go for, I'm surprised no one came out the car swinging at me.
I walked up to the car and Jacob got out to help me in the back seat then drove off. Once I got in, I acknowledged and greeted his date. She greeted me back and I immediately recognize who she was. She's the legal counsel for the resort. I interacted with her a few times during meetings and she's the kindess soul.

"It's Ms Wilson right?" I asked hoping to make sure I'm not mistaken.

"Yesss, but you can call me Lia" she said with her cute Bajan accent.

"Well Lia, thanks for being so understanding, I hope I didn't ruin you're evening by intruding."

"Nah girl you're good, he explained what happened and I totally get it plusss I like you"

"Okay I feel much better now" I said with a sigh of relief.

Observing my surroundings, I realized that we left the premises two minutes ago and we are still not at the location.

"Um where exactly it's this place?"

"It's somewhere in the town, they couldn't keep it in the conference room because the a/c broke down"

"So it's a good thing you called then cause even right now I am having issues finding it." Jacob added.

"Yea and the fact that your date abandoned you is crazy" Lia said.

I catch Jacob giving her a look maybe signaling to stop talking. She shrugs and said "I mean...never mind."

"It's fine, he didn't really abandoned me he just...got held up, he'll be there" I said trying to save face.

"Oh I see, well then" she replies

The conversation came to an end when we entered a very large compound, a beautiful one at that. The entire building looks fairly new and is tainted with blue and white decorations. The attendees seem to be right on time as scores of people go through the entrance.

We parked and headed to the ball. As I walk with Jacob and Lia, I am swarmed with nervousness; I don't know what or who I expect to see.
What do I even do in these spaces?

The interior is amazing. Seeing that it was blue themed, I thought the ball would have been exhaustingly blue, but it was quite simple.

When I walked in I felt like all eyes were on me even though I was trailing behind Lia and Jacob.
Maybe it's just my head.
I scanned the room and immediately got intimidated by all the wealth and authority. Where was all the excitement I had an hour ago?

Distracting me from my thoughts Jacob turned around and asked me "Are you good on your own?"

"Yes I'll be fine" I replied.

"Ok bet. Majority of the people here are potential investors, go network and use your persuasive marketing charm before we get our seats."

"Do I have to." I asked obviously not wanting to.

To be very honest, I did not come here for that. I was suppose to be here on Andrew's arm saying hi and bye, and congratulate the new executives—that's it.

"Yes, now go ahead- as a matter of fact here is one right now" he said as he signals to a guy walking by. He introduced us to each other and let us get aquatinted "Lia and I are going outside for a bit to take some pictures so do your thing" he added.

I gave him the death stare as he walks off.

I tried to get a conversation of substance from the potential investor but it made no sense. All I got were compliments and a rant about women taking over the workplace. If it wasn't for the champagne that was served to me not too long ago, I don't think I would be able to get through this.

Fun.

While still conversing with this man, I see a bunch of people huddling at the entrance, taking pictures and cheering.

Lo and behold... it's Alex, with a woman who I think is his assistant.

Hmmm

I totally forgot I was expecting to see him here.

He has on a dark blue suit, no tie with a silver watch. It seemed like he got a hair cut too.

He looks good...real good. I'll give him that.

As he greets the people swarming him, he shows his million dollar smile.

The investor guy could probably still be talking to me but I wouldn't know— because all I'm looking at is him. He starts to walks around, still greeting people, then suddenly our eyes locked.

With swiftness I turned my head the other way.

I am definitely gonna need more champagne.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7M 461K 52
Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest Ranking#1 in Interracial January,10,2020...
288K 22.1K 39
DiamantΓ© Martin, a 17 year old Christian girl who is the daughter of one of the most notorious dons in Jamaica, is attending Bridgeport High. O'Neil...
183K 15.6K 25
Shanya and Alex are destined to be in each other's lives, but they need to figure out what role they will play. Secrets spanning many years mixed wit...
147K 8.3K 32
"I was so obsessed with you that I had to get therapy because I refuse to believe this was Normal behavior." ________________________________________...