Jealousy - Iwaoi

Por WALK3R105

Iwaizumi has been in love with his best friend for the majority of his life. When one of his female friends c... Más

Fresh start
Afraid of change
Unceratainty
Space
Growth and repair
Sleepover
Water fight
Stalker
Stronger together
Care
Free
Trust
Gone away
Guilt
Scheme
Perfect pair
Consequence
Emiko
Peace
Rest
Back to normal
A little nudge
Subtle
Plan
Feelings
What if
Forget me nots
Bloom

How it used to be

203 5 8
Por WALK3R105

Oikawa whipped out his phone to take a picture, but in the second of him looking away to get out his phone, Emiko disappeared. Still shaking, he decided to text Iwaizumi.

Oikawa:
Um iwa, I think I just saw your girlfriend outside my house...

Iwa-chan:
What?? Oikawa she was just with me like 20 minutes ago.

Oikawa:
I'm not lying, she just followed me down the street and I saw her hiding behind a bin!

Iwa-chan:
Ok, let me speak to her. Maybe she has a reason?

Oikawa:
A reason for stalking me? Yeah right

Oikawa put down his phone for a moment, still not quite processing what had just happened. He sat on the couch and took deep breaths in attempts at calming himself down. It worked to some extent but he couldn't help but continue to overthink about all the horrible things that could happen to him.

He closed his eyes for a moment and remembered a special time. A time that always made him smile when he reflected on it. The memory was like fresh water on a summers day. It always soothed Oikawa and he wanted nothing more than to travel back in time and relive it over and over again.

...

"Hey Oikawa!" Iwaizumi greeted his best friend. It was their first day of middle school and although they were nervous, they had each other. "Hey Iwa!" Oikawa replied, waving. "So, do you think you're going to make any new friends?" Iwaizumi asked.

"I'm not sure. I hope so though! Then we can all play together." Oikawa exclaimed.
"Play together? What are you, 5?"
"You know what I mean! It would just be nice to have some more friends to do things with. Not that you're boring or anything." Oikawa smiled, sheepishly.

"Me? Boring? Never! I- I can be fun!" Iwaizumi pouted and folded his arms, his face tinted red. "We'll prove it to me then. I'll come over after school and you can show me just how entertaining you can be." Iwaizumi huffed but agreed and the two continued to walk in a comfortable silence.

"I wonder if they'll have any parties or dances at our new school!" Oikawa said, excitedly.
"Is that all you think about? Parties and big occasions?"
"Obviously! Who doesn't love an occasion to get dressed up and have fun. Oh right, you. Because you're mr boring." Oikawa teased, earning a hit on the back of the head from Iwaizumi.

"You don't have to like parties to not be boring dumbass!"
"Ooh, using naughty language now are we Iwa?"
"Only because you deserve it." Iwaizumi stuck out his tongue at Oikawa.
"Huh big talk for someone acting so childish." Oikawa giggled.
"Says you!"

Throughout the day, Oikawa managed to attract the attention of many of his classmates with his bold and outgoing personality. Iwaizumi had less luck as he was more reserved and didn't speak much to anyone except his best friend.

Regardless, they still acted as normal and ate lunch and walked home together. "So Iwa, did you hear! Some kid in our class is throwing a party and our whole class is invited?" Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi with puppy eyes.

"Absolutely not." Iwaizumi said immediately.
"Oh come on, it'll be fun!" Iwaizumi stopped to consider it for a second. "Fine, but please can we make a deal?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you... stay with me, throughout the party?"
"Uh, of course. But why? Won't you get bored of me after a while?"

"First of all, how could I ever get bored of you? I practically live with you at this point. And second, I've never really been that confident at parties. I- I find it difficult to talk to people... sometimes." His voice grew smaller towards the end.

Oikawa stopped to look his best friend in the eye. "Iwa... of course I'll stay with you. Sorry I had no idea you struggled with talking so much."
"Struggle? No no, I don't struggle with anything!"
"Iwa, it's ok, you're allowed to not be good at everything. There's things that even I'm not good at."

"Really? Like what?"
"Well there's lots of things. But something I struggle with sometimes is jealousy. I let myself get caught up  in my emotions and sometimes... it causes me to lose friends and miss out on things I could have had if I hadn't let my feelings get the better of me."

The two boys took a moment to look at each other and their hearts gave a little flutter. Then, Iwaizumi did something unexpected. He pulled Oikawa into a tight embrace and whispered in his ear "I'll never replace you. You'll always be my number one."

...

Buzz

Iwa-chan:
Well I don't know what you saw but it certainly wasn't Emiko. She's at home right now, she even sent me a picture.

Oikawa:
I could have sworn it was her! They even had the same birth mark on their forehead.

Iwa-chan:
Well maybe you're just seeing things. Idk but please stop blaming my girlfriend. I don't know if you're jealous or something but that has to stop.

I'm still going to spend time with you! Like I told you, you'll always be my number one.

Oikawa was conflicted. He felt tears form in his eyes, knowing what he had seen. The first message made him feel hurt and confused. How dare his best friend not believe him! But when he received the second message, his heart gave a flutter and he felt a warm, fuzzy sensation.

Iwaizumi was just as confused. He genuinely felt that he loved Oikawa more than anyone, even his own girlfriend. But not in a romantic way right? Of course Iwaizumi loved his girlfriend and wasn't going to let his feelings for Oikawa get in the way of that. It was only a matter of time until those feelings would disappear. Or so he thought.

Oikawa went up to his room and sat on his bed for a while, thinking things over. He couldn't believe what had happened. Was he really just seeing things? No, he definitely saw Emiko behind that bin. What was going to happen to him? Was she planning to kidnap him? Surely not, that is highly unlikely, even for her.

Why was she stalking him though? What was her intention? Oikawa couldn't think straight with all the questions surrounding his tired mind. He was about to call it a night when he heard a knock on the door. "Come in!"

"Hey, I heard you've been having a tough time." Oikawa's sister walked through the door and leaned against it, waiting for his reply. "Oh hey, yeah, it's been... hard."
"Wanna talk about it?"
"That would be nice, tha- wait, how did you know?"

"Oh I heard from Makki and Mattsun. They didn't say what happened, they just told me you weren't in a good place." Oikawa breathed a sigh of relief, thinking for a second that his friends had exposed all of his problems to someone, that someone thankfully just being his sister.

"Ok, well... there's this girl..."
"A girl? Ooh tell me about her." His sister teased. Oikawa felt a slight stabbing pain, having forgotten for a moment that the only people that knew of his sexuality were Makki and Mattsun.

"It's not like that. She's actually horrible and the reason all of my problems exist." Oikawa continued to explain all- well, most of the horrible things the girl had done and said, leaving out all the "gay" parts. "The worst part is, Iwaizumi doesn't believe me and- and I'm terrified. I think I'm more terrified of losing my best friend than the fact this girl was stalking me haha."

Oikawa had tried to turn his situation into a joke but his sister could see past his humour and could tell this had really hurt him. Oikawa suddenly felt warm arms wrapped around him and a soothing voice whispering in his ear "I'm here ok? I'm here to protect you." Oikawa hugged her back tightly and stayed like that for a moment before pulling apart.

"I'll leave you be for now, I know how you like your own company when you're upset. But if you need me, I'll be downstairs."
"Thank you, I'll make sure to come and get you if I need you again."

Oikawa's sister was slightly older than him and was out most of the time so it wasn't often they saw each other. But when they did see each other, it was nice because they understood each other and could talk about almost anything.

Oikawa took a deep breath in and out once his sister had left. He settled down to get an early night before school the next day but found he couldn't sleep. He didn't know what to do. Normally when he couldn't sleep he would pester Iwaizumi by texting him repeatedly until he finally replied.

But he didn't think it was a good time considering they had come close to falling out over this stupid girl. He could text Makki and Mattsun but he felt he'd already burdened them enough with his problems.

He considered going to find his sister but if he was being honest with himself, he didn't feel like talking, especially not in person. He lay there for a moment, contemplating what he should do and when no ideas came to him, he plugged in his earphones and played his favourite songs.

He zoned out for a while, listening to his music and staring at the ceiling. He was about to put in another song when his phone buzzed. It was Iwaizumi.

Iwa-Chan:
Hey, I can't sleep.

Oikawa:
Me neither

Iwa-Chan:
Oikawa are you mad at me?

Oikawa:
No? Well maybe a little. I just thought you'd believe me, your best friend over your new girlfriend.

Iwa-Chan:
I don't want to make things worse but is there a chance that maybe you're just jealous?

Oikawa:
...What?

Iwa-chan:
I'm not suggesting for a second that you were making things up earlier but, I don't know Oikawa it just seems so unlikely. Why would she stalk you?

Oikawa:
I don't know okay? But I know what I saw. It was her

Iwa-Chan:
I want to believe you Oikawa but I can't. I'm sorry

Oikawa:
Ok, I see how it is. Don't bother walking me home tomorrow. I'm sure your girlfriend would love some more company anyway

Oikawa's hands were shaking as he was typing. He was so hurt and angry that he may have just sabotaged his friendship with Iwaizumi. But I'm that moment, he didn't care. He felt himself trembling and shuddering and it wasn't long before hot tears spilled out like a waterfall.

He continued to cry until eventually, he fell asleep. He told his sister that he was more scared of losing his best friend than being stalked by the girl and although it was a joke, it was true. But that night, he might have done just that, and that made him feel sick.

Hiii! Ok so I think Oikawa does have a sister in the show but I don't know much about her so I made her another OC. Also, thank you so much for all your sweet comments, you have no idea how happy they make me! Love you all!! ❤️❤️❤️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

207K 7.9K 30
Friends or not? Iwaizumi and Oikawa struggle as their relationship seem to be confusing them. A fanfiction of iwaoi ('・ω・') Completed on 16 October...
125K 4.9K 21
Oikawa Tooru has been best friends with Iwaizumi Hajime for as long as he can remember. One day, hanging out with his best friend.. Seems different...
5.5K 142 15
While walking to the library, Iwaizumi and Oikawa meet a distressed Sugawara. Oikawa tried to talk to him but Iwaizumi insists on ignoring him. So wh...
12.5K 473 14
I'm so in love with you, I need to distract myself constantly. This story is about Matsukawa trying to hide his feelings for Hanamaki. After years of...