One Perfect Day

由 palmtreeisland

Cancer. It's a curse. It turns people's lives upside down and ruins their relationships. Brynne Foster is a... 更多

Author's Note
Preface
Chapter 1 | Cinnamon Muffins
Chapter 2 | Crack of Dawn
Chapter 3 | Breathe
Chapter 4 | Snowflake
Chapter 5 | Heartbeat
Chapter 6 | Starry Night
Chapter 7 | City
Chapter 8 | Sanity
Chapter 9 | Dandelion
Chapter 10 | Butterflies
Chapter 11 | Fights
Chapter 12 | Winter Naps
Chapter 13 | Reputation - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 14 | Whisper
Chapter 15 | Escape
Chapter 16 | Threats - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 17 | Parachute
Chapter 18 | Lust
Chapter 19 | Intruders
Chapter 20 | Sleep
Chapter 21 | Truth - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 22 | Nightmare
Chapter 23 | Existing
Chapter 24 | Influence - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 25 | One Last Kiss
Chapter 26 | Calm Down
Chapter 27 | Prayer
Chapter 28 | Revenge - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 29 | Love
Chapter 30 | Reveal
Chapter 31 | Roses
Chapter 32 | Ruin - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 33 | Promise
Chapter 34 | Eleven
Chapter 35 | Butterflies and Sunrises
Chapter 36 | Scared
Chapter 37 | Unrecognizable
Chapter 38 | Regret - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 40 | Age and Affection
Chapter 41 | Deep End
Chapter 42 | Risen
Chapter 43 | Fateful Return - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 44 | Dream
Chapter 45 | Shatter
Chapter 46 | Mercy - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 47 | Stunning
Chapter 48 | Power
Chapter 49 | Dance
Chapter 50 | Gentle - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 51 | Brother
Chapter 52 | Weak - (Blake's POV)
Chapter 53 | Belongs
Chapter 54 | Perfection
Chapter 55 | Unconditional Love
Chapter 56 | Fate - (Grant's POV)
Chapter 57 | Big Question
Chapter 58 | Bride and Groom
Chapter 59 | "I Do"

Chapter 39 | Never Leave

3.2K 65 39
由 palmtreeisland

Three days have passed since I last saw Blake...

Our argument caused me to say some things that I shouldn't have. I know that he's trying to be a better person for me, and sometimes I forget how far he's come. His childhood was hard, causing him to form a thick skin, something I should have remembered before coming at him. Blaming him for things that happened in the past is pointless.

Besides,

I miss him.

Grant became suspicious on the second day and asked me why Blake hasn't been visiting as much.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that we got into a fight because I know what his response would be;

"I told you I was right about him."

I can't stand to hear those words right now.

I wanted to believe that Blake would stay, despite our arguments. I want to think that he will come barging through the doors of my hospital room at any moment; begging for my forgiveness.

But I know what I said hurt him.

"I barely know you anymore."

God, how could I be so stupid? I pushed away the one person that makes me happy. The one person who makes me feel safe in this world of scary things

"Next," The lady states.

In front of me, Grant orders almost everything on the menu.

"Can I have the mac and cheese, potato salad, chicken sandwich, caesar salad, and chocolate cake, please?"

I almost throw up at the sound of all the food he about to consume.

"And for you, young lady?"

"A fruit cup, please," I politely ask.

I think that's the only thing my weak stomach can handle. Grant frowns at me before swiping his credit card at the register.

"It declined," The lady states. Grant's cheeks turn a bright red, and he looks around helplessly.

"I'll be right back," He states while leaving the cafeteria.

I see a tall blonde boy walk over from the corner of my eye.

"I got it," He smiles while handing the lady his card.

I turn my head; only to notice Zack.

"Hi, stranger," He smiles as he takes the card from the lady.

"Do you need help with all of that?" He chuckles.

I am handed a large tray, and Zack immediately takes it from my arms and carries it to the table beside his. Noticing Lily in the seat across from his, I send her a warm greeting smile.

She does the same and sends me a cute little wave before returning to her chocolate milk.

"She seems to be recovering well," I remark as I sit down while Zack takes all the food off the large tray.

"Doctors said she only needs to stay for another week," Zack emphasizes while cleaning the corner of her mouth with a napkin.

"Hey!" She squeals, "I can do that by myself. I'm a big girl!"

"I know. I'm just trying to help you, Lily," He explains calmly.

"Well, I don't need help," She waves her pointer finger through the air with a bit of sass.

For a child, she sure does have a lot of confidence. Then again, when I was her age, I insisted on wearing my hair in two high ponytails every-day.

I take a look at her and then notice Zack shaking his head.

"Don't worry. It's just a phase. She'll grow out of it in about twenty years," I joke with him.

He pulls my chair back and motions for me to sit while chuckling at my hilarious joke.

"Does that mean you are still the same sassy girl you were when you were four?"

"Yup," I exclaim as I open my fruit cup and grab a fork from beside me. The instant smell of cantaloupe causes me to almost gag, but I try to hide my nausea from Zack and Lily.

We both look at Lily as she begins to make noises from blowing bubbles in her chocolate milk.

Her tiny hospital gown clings to her small frame, making it hard to believe that she's already four. If I had to guess, I would say that she doesn't look a day over two.

But her content smile and happy dance with every sip bring joy to my dry soul. Her beautiful blonde hair lies on her tan shoulders. I notice a couple of cute freckles on the bridge of her nose, and I admire her beauty.

"You two; look a lot alike," Zack claims as he continues to munch on his grilled cheese sandwich.

Lily looks at me and smiles, "I want to look like her when I grow up!"

My heart warms as she stares into my eyes with her own.

"I want to look like you, princess," I say as I reach across the table and tap her on her soft nose.

She giggles and continues to slurp on her drink.

"Hey, I'm back. Who's this?" Grant speaks from behind my chair.

"Grant, this is Zack," I introduce the two boys.

At first, Grant doesn't seem to like the fact that I am hanging around a tall hot blonde dude, but once he realizes that we are just friends; he calms down and starts to devour his feast.

I think about how his credit card was so easily declined. Do we not have enough money to afford lunch?

My surgery must've cost a fortune, and my chemotherapy is not going to be cheap. I wish I could help in some way.

This is why I didn't want to come back here.

After we finish lunch, I hug Lily goodbye and tell Zack that I'll see him around.

Grant leads me back to my room, and we binge-watch the Hunger Games movies together until we both fall asleep in my hospital bed.

I wake up to a nurse checking my vital signs and taking some blood. She informs me that Dr. Khan is going to come in later for a post-surgery examination. Before leaving, I ask her for another blanket because Grant seems to be shivering.

His body is almost at the edge of my hospital bed, so I nudge him in my direction and drape the blanket over his long muscular legs.

Then, I allow myself to fall asleep again.

———————————————————————

When I wake up again, it's not to the pleasant voices of a sweet nurse, but the harsh sound of Dr. Khan's lecturing.

My mom is back from her part-time job, and my dad has managed to get away from his work for a few hours. Both of them look exhausted but hopeful. They need an ounce of good news.

Come on Dr. Khan, don't break our hearts again.

My shifting awakens Grant, and he sits up in the small hospital bed. I scoot over to make room for him, and he nestles himself into my side. God, he's heavy.

I wince as he presses against my surgery scar, and he sends me an apologetic look while getting off the bed. My mom comes to my side and grabs ahold of my right hand, Grant of my left. My dad follows my mother and holds her for support, as he always does.

Dr. Khan clears his throat and begins his short speech.

"So, the scans that we have taken; show that we removed most of the tumors in your lungs. Cancer in your brain remains, so we are anticipating that with a couple of rounds of chemotherapy, it will start to shrink."

A huge weight lifts off my shoulders, but a feeling of anxiousness pours in shortly after. I feel empty without the person I love beside me. I pushed Blake away and can only blame myself for his leaving.

After Dr. Khan leaves and my parents finish congratulating me on my success, I politely ask them to leave. Grant is insistent on staying, but I convince him that he needs to sleep in his bed for once.

They all exit the room, and reality sets in, my chemotherapy starts in two days, and honestly, I'm scared shitless. I know that I am going to lose my hair and grow disgustingly sick, but for some reason, I can't accept it.

At the beginning of the month, I was ready to give up. No matter the push from my family or doctors, cancer was like a death sentence for me. Now that I have a chance at living, I'm scared for my future.

All I know is that my newfound purpose in life; is Blake. I hate to admit it, but not a moment has gone by where I haven't thought of him. Everything reminds me of him. The sight of fresh flowers on my nightstand reminds me of his thoughtful gifts. The smell of fresh pasta in the cafeteria reminds me of our night at the Italian restaurant. Even as I talk to people, I see bits of him.

When Grant reveals his stubborn side, I think about how Blake was the same that day of Mathias' murder. When my father shows his overprotective traits, my mind trails to that evening with the flirtatious waiter. As Krista comforts me in times of hardship, I cannot help but wish that it's Blake holding me.

Every part of my body misses him, and I don't think I can take it anymore. I need to see him.

Instantly, I stand up from my hospital bed and detach the IV from my arm.

I don't know where I'm going, but I must try to find him at least.

The hunger I have for him only grows stronger the longer I wait. Keeping my head down to not arouse suspicion, I avoid all of my nurses and doctors.

Then, a familiar scent stops my tracks. My eyes notice a pair of fresh white sneakers. Their pristine condition gives my brain a hint of who it may be. Nobody cleans their shoes as he does.

As my gaze trails up his athletic build, it stops as I reach the beautifully sculpted face in front of me.

My heart flutters as I rush into Blake's embrace. Hugging him around his neck, he uses his toned arms to lift me and press me against his chest. He places his face into the space between my shoulder and head. His quick breaths; fill my body with warmth and send butterflies through my stomach.

Without wanting to, tears begin to fall from my eyes and onto his sweatshirt. Emotion pours out of my body now that I am safe in his arms. Blake carries me into the hospital room and sits on the bed. Pulling my head back to meet his gaze, I find peace in his blue eyes. His lips purse as he notices my tear-stained eyes. Using his thumb, he wipes them dry and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"I love you," He whispers.

We stare at each other and allow ourselves to soak up the moment.

"Please. Please don't leave me again," I plead as tears fall from my strained eyes.

His eyes close as he pulls me in for another embrace.

"Never again," He promises, "I'm sorry, Brynne."

"I love you," I whisper as a small sob escapes my lips.

Blake gently pulls his face away from my neck and admires me.

His fingers trace my face before he passionately meets his lips with mine. Our skin together feels comforting but exciting at the same time.

He places his hand on my side, not wanting me to pull anything from my surgery as he lies me down on the bed. He halfway lies on top of me, careful not to place all his weight down.

"Are you up for this?" He questions as he brushes a strand of hair from my face.

I nod my head.

Blake starts slowly.

He closes the door and shuts the blinds before taking off his shirt. I longingly look at his body and clench my thighs as warmth pools between my legs. He climbs on top of me and begins to kiss my lips.

This feels different than anything we've ever done before.

Instead of wanting to smash my mouth against his, I want to savor the flavor of his tongue against mine. His presence soothes my throbbing and causes me to moan.

I begin to sit up to kiss his neck when he pushes me down.

"Let me do all of the work."

I lie down and watch as Blake does his magic. He unravels the tie at the back of my hospital gown, revealing my bare shoulders. He lustfully looks at my skin and lifts my back to unclip my bra. He manages to do so with one hand, and I smirk at the fact.

He sure knows what he's doing.

His tongue traces my nipples and travels down to my stomach. Once he reaches my underwear, he gently pulls them down and gasps as he adjusts his pants. His head slowly moves towards my clit, and he salivates at the sight it offers him. When his tongue enters, I grab the side of the bed and groan in pleasure.

His slow movements make everything last longer.

I hold my breath as he pushes two fingers in my hole and does some sort of flip trick; leaving me breathless.

"God, Blake. You're..."

"Shhh," He whispers in my ear, causing a ticklish sensation.

"You're amazing," I moan.

"Only for you."

This only causes me to feel more pressure against my body. I clench my thighs around his hips and kiss soft lips. My body is attracted to his like a magnet tethered to metal.

After about half an hour of Blake pleasing me, he drops beside where I'm lying. His quickened pants and sweat-filled forehead show how much fun he was having.

A smile spreads across his face while his eyes travel up and down my bare body. Strangely enough, I don't feel uncomfortable naked around him. He takes his large hand and places it on my cheek.

I lean into his touch and kiss the bottom of his palm.

"Blake?"

"Hmm?"

"These next couple of weeks are going to be hell. I'm not going to be the same Brynne I am right now, and I want you to know that."

He turns on his side and sits up in the bed. I do the same to meet our gazes.

"Brynne, if you're asking me to leave, that's not going to happen."

"I'm not," I whisper scarcely, "I wanted to ask you to stay with me. I don't think I could handle it without you."

"I wouldn't dream of leaving you alone right now," He assures me, "You have my word that I will not leave your side, Brynne, no matter how ugly this gets."

My chest settles when I hear his words.

"I'm scared, Blake."

"I know, baby," He says as he pulls me into his side, "But hey, we still have a couple of days before your treatment starts, right?"

I nod, unsure of where he's going with this.

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow."

"What kind of surprise?"

"The kind that takes a whole day to complete."

"Your One Perfect Day."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

16.1K 414 24
"You never know how strong you are until, being strong is the only choice you have." Devoni Armenta was diagnosed with Leukemia when she almost died...
83K 1.3K 54
Weakness; the lack of strength either mentally or physically "This business isn't for the faint of heart Fratello." The Sanchez Family was many thing...
68K 1.6K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
49.1K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...