Elysian - Woosan

By hanniebanni

"The Empire is willing to end this war, but only if we grant something of great value to them." "And what di... More

Elysian
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four

Twenty six

3.4K 173 49
By hanniebanni

Wooyoung's hands trembled where they were clutching the damned piece of paper.

I better see that redhead's lifeless body at my feet in less than a month.

The king.

A reminder. A friendly one, at that.

How sweet.

So sweet that Wooyoung found it difficult to look away from the paper. He almost forgot he was in the middle of a hallway until Yeosang's voice cut through his fogged head, making him jump and let out a little yelp.

Yeosang looked at him and then at the letter with narrow, calculating eyes.

Way to go, Wooyoung. He's totally not suspicious now.

"What is that?" Yeosang asked crossing his arms over his chest.
For a moment Wooyoung forgot that he was the superior one here.

He was so preoccupied with that stupid, ugly piece of paper he wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him anymore.

"Nothing," he said, hoping to sound as if he didn't know anything about it.

Yeosang fixed him with a glare. Wooyoung felt the guilt crawl up to his throat until it threatened to choke him.

He had never kept any secrets from Yeosang. Not a single thing. He didn't feel the need to. There was no one else for him to talk to after all.

But he knew the consequences of telling him the truth. How could he? When it involved Yeosang's life itself ? If he told him, Yeosang would get hurt.

There would be blood on his hands.

He couldn't do that.
"It's nothing really. Just a stupid letter I got."
Yeosang raised his brows.

"From?" he asked, clearly skeptical.
"No one important." Wooyoung tried not to roll his eyes at his own reply.

"Your highness," Yeosang sighed rubbing his temples. "I am just saying it could be dangerous-"

Oh, you don't say? Wooyoung retarded weakly in his head, of course.

"-and you know my job is to protect you against any potential
threats."

Yeah, he sort of guessed that part himself . But still, he didn't want Yeosang getting hurt. So he lied.

"Yeo, if it was dangerous, then you would be the first person I would approach. Trust me, okay?" And God, did it hurt knowing Yeosang's life was on the line because of his stupid mistake.

Yeosang pursed his lips, visibly annoyed but letting it slide anyway.
"If you insist," Yeosang said, eyeing him warily.

"Come on now, I heard Mingi's going to be eating with us in the Royal kitchen." Wooyoung said, raising his brows suggestively. It was laughable how Yeosang's face went from irritation to absolute horror when Wooyoung winked.

"W-what?" He asked, eyes wide and red creeping up to his ears.

"What does that have to do with me?" Yeosang said his voice going a pitch higher with every passing minute.

Wooyoung giggled. Yeosang's whole expression screamed 'not funny' while his blush deepened tenfold.
Wooyoung grinned.

"You're so easy to tease."

"Am not!" Yeosang yelled.

"Sure." Wooyoung smirked, swiftly pocketing the letter and throwing an arm around a mortified Yeosang's shoulder.

Yeosang gave him an indignant shove and tried to wiggle free, but Wooyoung wasn't having any of it and kept laughing like a maniac at his expense.

Yeosang groaned loudly. "Why are we friends?!"

Wooyoung shrugged.
"Because you love me~"

Yeosang glared, but there was no real heat behind it. It made Wooyoung smile even more.

"Whatever." Yeosang muttered, shoving Wooyoung off of him and heading towards the kitchen as quickly as possible.

Wooyoung's smile faltered a bit as the letter seemed to weigh more than it did a second ago. He shoved the thought aside for later and followed his friend.

San and Mingi were already in the kitchen. San was standing at one end of the counter with his back turned, but he could tell by his posture that he was annoyed.

Mingi had his face buried in his hands, shoulders shaking with silent laughter.

As soon as they heard Wooyoung and Yeosang enter, Mingi laughed even harder and San went completely rigid.

When they finally looked up, Mingi was grinning widely.

"Good evening, Your Highness. Good evening, Yeosang! How was your day?" Mingi said between giggles.

Wooyoung raised his brow.

"Good evening to you too." He sat beside Mingi and soon San took his seat across Wooyoung. His face was flushed red, and he refused to meet anyone's gaze.

"Did I miss something?" Wooyoung asked, glancing from San to Mingi.
Mingi shook his head, a grin playing at his lips.

"Nothing much, San here w-"

"NO. NOTHING HAPPENED." San replied, cutting him off and shooting a murderous glance in his direction. Mingi burst into another fit of giggles.

Wooyoung looked between the two and accidentally caught Yeosang's eye who was standing awkwardly near the table.

But his eyes were on Mingi and he looked so smitten that Wooyoung had to do a double take. He has never and he meant it, NEVER saw that look on Yeosang. It was almost.... revolting. He didn't even know his best friend was capable of looking at someone with so much affection. But here they were.

Wooyoung couldn't deny that seeing it made him happy.
Yeosang quickly averted his gaze and busied himself with pouring tea for everyone.

San still hadn't looked at him which was quite strange to say the least. He would at least give him a sneer or a scowl on usual days. But right now he looked....shy? Which was a weird expression on his face but not bad.

It made him look more likable, Wooyoung supposed. Or perhaps San just wanted to avoid him since whatever happened yesterday night at 2am.

Whatever it was, San's behavior was creeping him out and he wished the red head would go back to normal.

"Yeosang-ah" Mingi called out. "Come, sit here." He patted on a chair on his left side. The said man looked at Mingi then the chair as his ears tinted pink.

"Uh-" He turned to look at Wooyoung who wiggled his eyebrows and jerked his chin towards Mingi with wide eyes. Yeosang rolled his eyes. he walked around the table and sat down next to Mingi.

"Thank you," He mumbled taking the cup offered to him and drinking slowly. Wooyoung watched with amusement as Yeosang's cheeks grew even pinker. He wondered if he should tease him later. Oh he definitely will.

He was so busy snickering at his friend that he almost missed the way San picked up a garlic bread and placed it on Wooyoung's plate. Wooyoung looked at him with raised eyebrows and San only shrugged, feigning nonchalance.

"I know you like it." San whispered, and the tip of his tongue peaked out the side of his mouth to lick his bottom lip.

Wooyoung choked on air, coughing harshly as his heart beat frantically in his ribcage. His cheeks turned scarlet and he stared at San's smug look, glaring daggers at him. Mingi and Yeosang looked at him with concern.

What was the matter with him? Was he bipolar or something?

Wooyoung would understand San's mood swings, but this was just ridiculous.

He looked away, avoiding San's eyes and started eating without a word. Yeosang glanced between the two of them with narrowed eyes.

Mingi was trying so hard to not laugh that his entire face looked like a tomato. He was obviously trying not to, but his eyes betrayed him. They twinkled mischievously.

San just ate his food innocently as if he hadn't just sent him into cardiac arrest. Wooyoung was beyond embarrassed that San could just reduce him to this state so easily and not explain what he meant by that little stunt.

"Anyways," San cleared his throat. "When are you going back, Mingi?" Wooyoung didn't miss the way Yeosang's grip tightened on the fork.

"Got bored of me already?" Mingi asked mockingly.

San rolled his eyes.
"Yes actually." He said smiling slightly.

Mingi chuckled before shaking his head. He took a sip of his tea.

"I am planning to stay for a bit more." He said and then turned to look at Yeosang.

"Now that I have a reason to." He whispered, gazing at Yeosang whose eyes grew wide and his cheeks turned vermillion.

Mingi looked no less than a lovesick teenager. San looked at Wooyoung who was already looking at him with a grimace. They both snickered to themselves.

"Are you guys done? You're not the only ones here." San said loudly, effectively snapping them out of their trance. Yeosang looked away hurriedly, trying to hide his smile while Mingi looked at San with an annoyed glare.

"Don't act like you weren't giving His Highness bedroom eyes ever since he got here." Mingi retarded. Wooyoung choked on his tea and San spluttered but managed to compose himself. Unlike Wooyoung, who was a coughing mess. Mingi rubbed his back sympathetically. Wooyoung's face was beet red and the atmosphere felt too warm all of a sudden.

"I wasn't staring at him." San said defensively.

"Really." Mingi smirked, looking straight at San, who returned the stare. Wooyoung coughed again.

Oh dear, if it kept going like that, Wooyoung was quite positive he'd end up in the Royal infirmary
with a cough attack.

🥀

I'm having a hard time understanding San tbh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 3.8K 20
[COMPLETE] ATEEZ wooyoung/san "he's just so perfect. do you know heather? for me, that's him." "..dude, heather's a girl." (full synopsis inside) -a...
37.7K 2.6K 42
❝I don't know if I wan't to kiss you or shove you off of a cliff.❞ ❝Can I pick?❞ - - - - Wooyoung, the prince -soon to be king- of Ecidora finds hims...
9.5K 625 23
A noble prince, ready to do what he could to ensure his people were safe, finds it hard to live under the expectations of his parents' wishes. He esc...
112K 6.7K 57
π’πŽπ”π‹πŒπ€π“π„ 𝐀𝐔. (slowburn romance) Seonghwa is under a family curse. To break it, he has to marry his soulmate before he turns twenty. Yeosang...