Chains Made Of Threads

By Krembell

You used to be in the Monster Mafia, keywords used to but 3 years later, two familiar skeletons had seeked yo... More

Chapter 1: A new case, old friends.
Chapter 3: How the turnables have tabled.
Chapter 4: Two souls collide.
Chapter 5: Napping is my specialty.
Chapter 6: Spicy pumpkin spice.
Chapter 7: Yet another impromptu Doctor's visit.
Chapter 8: Confession under the night sky.
Chapter 9: A struggling past and a hectic present.
Chapter 10: Double spice.
Chapter 11: The turnables have tabled yet again.
Chapter 12 Finale: Sneaking out? Bad idea.

Chapter 2: A leashurely walk.

151 7 0
By Krembell

The events of yesterday still haunted you, how did it end up like this!? You were now outside the Mansion early at night, about to enter the human district with Papyrus outstretching a collar leash for you to hold on while it was connected to his neck bone... "Paps, isn't this a bit too much? I don't want to degrade you to this..." You didn't take the leash from his hands also why did he own such an item in the first place! "And why do you even have that!?" You asked while flushing a deep red, you couldn't imagine sweet Papyrus being into anything kinky like this. "I asked to borrow it from Toriel so I could be the greatest pretend escort to you!" And that made it even worse somehow, now you wished he actually owned it. You had so many questions but you decided to put that on the back burner for now "Oh paps... you're too sweet" You genuinely smiled at him but you still didn't reach for the leash, it just didn't feel right.

"It's consensual, go on and take it Y/N" Papyrus urged you and you hesitantly grabbed it from his hand with a sigh, this is so awkward! Papyrus had dressed more casual than his usual suits he wore daily, probably to not scream 'Look at me I'm in the monster Mafia' vibe. "Are you ready to go?" You asked and he simply nodded at you with a high energy smile, if you didn't know any better you would have said he enjoyed this too much. You and Papyrus finally entered the district, some bystanders glanced at Papyrus in fear until they saw the leash you were holding, which made them calm down. Some people even came up to you asking where you found such an extravagant 'pet' which was fucked up but you needed to keep up a façade, you felt really bad for Papyrus.

As you got deeper into the district the scent of the Genocide member got stronger and stronger, you urged Papyrus to stay close to you, this was dangerous territory for monsters. You followed the scent's trail and abruptly you saw a group of humans talking to each other, one of the guys was the one who took Frisk. To not cause any suspicion you kept close enough to them and only kept a side glance in their direction, you gently tugged at the leash to get Papyrus closer to you. He got your signal and slouched down to hover over your shoulder from behind you. "Sorry about that but the group over there has the human who is definitely part of the Genocide clan" You lowly whispered, making sure not to alert the group you were now silently watching. Papyrus nodded about to lift his head back up until a human approached you, he kept his eye sockets on the guy, the human could attempt to hurt you.

"Hey saw you walkin' past and I couldn't stop to think, where did you get that monster of yours?" The guy said, his sandy blonde hair in a cap and his brown doe like eyes stared at you, his smile was quite flirtatious. You had to keep pretending and you smiled back sweetly "Oh, interested are you?" Papyrus and the guy instantly picked up on your flirtatious tone and demeanour, the human's brown eyes held unsavoury desire in them. Papyrus looked at the guy in slight anger, how dare he look at you like that? Undressing you with those disgusting eyes of his. "Apologies, I just got too excited to talk to you, sugarplum. My name's Aiden and who might you be?" Aiden kept his doe like eyes on you like you didn't even have a tall lanky skeleton hovering above your shoulder. "My name's Cebba and might I say I'm interested in a specimen quite like yourself" You made up a fake name, can't give him your real one, that would be stupid. Aiden looked quite pleased, his soul a dirty yellow colour which meant his main trait was the opposite of justice, it hummed in satisfaction.

"Oh really? I bet I could be way better than that monster of yours'' Aiden purred out, ugh how disgusting you felt but you had to endure this.

"Hmm... you sure about that? My little pumpkin spice is quite skilled after all" You gently grabbed Papyrus's skull and brought it to your lips, kissing his jawbone as your hand caressed the side of his face, all while maintaining eye contact with Aiden. His dirty yellow soul twinging in disgust at your actions but his brown eyes showed he was determined to prove himself right. You let go of Papyrus's skull, allowing him to retreat from your touch but he kept his skull hovering over your shoulder. Unknown to you, Papyrus's cheek lit up in an intense orange and he had a smirk directed at Aiden. "I see, well why don't you take my number and you can text me whenever, sugarplum" He wrote you a piece of paper and gave it to you and left with a wink back to his group mates, you gave him a teasing smile as he retreated in case he glanced back at you.

You lead Papyrus out of the human district and when you were out of it, you quickly dropped the leash. "I'm so sorry Papyrus, I had to improvise" You hoped Papyrus would accept your apology, you had basically done something without him consenting to it fully. "Sorry about what? I quite enjoyed being your little pumpkin spice" Papyrus did not just say that? Did I hear wrong? His smirk would suggest otherwise. "Papyrus! D-d-dont say it like t-that!" You stuttered as your cheeks grew hot, you could see his soul whirling with amusement. Ugh he's turning into Sans if he keeps this up.... Not the sweet bean...

"You are too adorable" Papyrus teased as he went to grab you in a hug, lifting you up from the ground. "I am not, I could bust your lanky kneecaps if I so desired" You retorted and Papyrus chuckled at your façade to be tough, you couldn't harm him, he knew you were too soft. "You can put me down now, we need to get to the mansion before it gets too late in the night" But Papyrus didn't let you go, instead he carried you in a bridal style... in public... where people saw you. "Papyrus! I can walk by myself!" You demanded but he didn't heed your words, not one bit as he kept carrying you through the streets. "It's faster this way buttercup, nyehehe!" He did not just call you that! You were beyond embarrassed.

Papyrus however quite liked having you in his arms... not that you needed to know that... yet.

🔶-----------------------------------------------------------🔷

You and Papyrus got back to the mansion before it got too late, Papyrus had finally let you down on the floor inside the mansion and luckily no one saw you get carried, except for the townsfolk. You quickly made your way to Sans's office with Papyrus following close behind you. Gently knocking on the double office doors you wait for permission to enter, you heard a muffled 'come in' so you swiftly opened the double door and you stepped inside.

"Ah sweetheart, you're back, how'd it go?" Sans said playfully while sitting behind his desk, full with paperwork but you simply ignored the use of that nickname. "Got something that might lead me to their hideout" You went straight to the point as Sans put some important looking papers down, such a busy bee he is, Papyrus had stood next to you as you spoke with his brother. "Ya did? Whatcha got?" Sans curiously asked as he motioned for you to take a seat and you took a seat on the sofa, Papyrus again sitting next to you. "Found the guy who kidnapped Frisk, got his phone number, he might lead us to the hideout if we play our cards right" You could see Sans thinking about all the possibilities he could use the phone number you had acquired but you were gunning for the 'kidnap the kidnapper' and maybe he would break and tell you the location of the hideout. "I see yer plannin' somethin' there sweetheart, mind lettin' us in on the plan?" Seems like Sans saw you scheming too, he had a sharp eye after all.

"Well he's for sure running an illegal black market, selling monsters as 'pets' assuming I gauged his reaction correctly" You began, what the group wanted with Frisk was beginning to look more nefarious and dangerous. Sans and Papyrus listened to you intently, they looked furious even their souls buzzed in slight anger. "I believe he saw me as a potential customer but I think he has a slight interest in me in a different way" Both of their souls shifted from slight anger to an intense emotion of annoyance, you didn't know what you did to cause such change but it didn't make you feel good. Whenever you find Frisk and bring them home, you're out of here. "Uh huh, so you plannin' on seducin' him til he gives you his secrets?" You just deadpanned, maybe you were wrong about that sharp eye of his. "Uh no? I was thinking more of the lines of luring him on a 'date' and if it so happens to be near one of your territories and something unfortunate happened, well that wouldn't be too good for him" You clarified and Sans's soul suddenly stopped emitting anything, was he ok? His cheek turned a slight blue colour. "Ah... that's uh... seems like the better plan" Sans's soul lit up in embarrassment and you were gonna take full advantage of that.

"Jealous much?" You chuckled at Sans which made his soul's embarrassment light up, finally it was your time to do the teasing and you must say it was fun. Papyrus observed the interaction between you and his older brother, you were quite dense when it came to him and Sans. You might think you were joking but you literally hit the nail in the coffin with what you had asked, Sans was obviously quite jealous. Papyrus couldn't fault his brother for that though... he himself was quite jealous himself, that human's filthy brown eyes staring at you still fresh in his mind. "Anyways, got a burner phone? Don't want the creep to actually have my number" You got back to the topic at hand smiling at Sans, his soul was still humming in embarrassment but the intensity dimmed. He cleared his throat, do skeleton monsters even have throats? Ugh magic is too unexplainable. Sans gave you a decent looking burner phone and you got up to leave but Sans voice stopped you "Inform me when you have im' hooked and uh... please be careful" Sans's soul whirled in worry, he has been unusually sweet to you but you'll chalk it up to him changing over the years, since you yourself had changed too. "Will do, starshine" You weren't that meek little person you used to be after all, you smiled at Sans and then quickly turned your head around again to exit. You left before you could see Sans's soul flare up in deep affection, his upside down heart thumping against his rib cage.

Sans glanced at Papyrus, noticing his brother's smirk but also the thing he had around his neck. Was that a leash? Why in the world was he wearing a leash? "Papyrus, why are you wearing a leash?" Sans asked in confusion but Papyrus looked at him in a cocky manner. "So I could be the greatest escort to Y/N of course!" Sans gaped at his brother "Uh huh.... Did they tow you around with that?" He was genuinely curious, imagining you dragging his brother around with a leash, did you enjoy that kind of stuff?

"They did it at my behest! Made the humans less violent too, though it gave Y/N quite the spotlight amongst the humans'' So you led Papyrus on a leash, what great black mail for later... perhaps, definitely teasing material. "So how did that go?" Sans wanted to know what happened in the human district, he had seen Papyrus's expression turn into a scowl whenever you mentioned the human kidnapper, which meant something had definitely happened since his brother wasn't very good at hiding his emotions. "All was well until that disgusting hooligan approached Y/N and started to flirt with them" Papyrus explained with a scowl, he couldn't get that disgusting image out of his mind, at least you made it bearable with how you handled him in front of that filthy human. "That wretched thing even had a dirty yellow soul, corruption ran deep with that one" he continued, since he was a boss monster like his brother Sans, he could inspect human's souls and look at which main trait they have, the human probably wanted to corrupt you too. For some reason your soul didn't show up to them, his brother had asked you if you knew what colour your soul was but you didn't know since you were never in an encounter before and you never went to a soul doctor to get it checked. It made them worry but it didn't seem to affect you in any bad way and you were a very unusual human to begin with so they didn't bother to nag you about it.

"Corruption? Seems fitting for a child kidnapper and a monster trafficker, want the first go around when we capture him?" Sans sadistically said, usually Sans was the one who dealt with interrogations but he wouldn't mind letting Papyrus get in on it, he seemed to really dislike this human.

"Gladly" Papyrus replied with no hesitation.

🔶-----------------------------------------------------------🔷

You had taken the burner phone and input Aiden's number inside, too tired to text him you opted to spend your energy on a shower instead then take a well deserved rest. You suddenly bumped into Toriel on your way to your bedroom who recognized you and gave you a sly smirk "Hello Tori, what's with the wry smile you're giving me?" You asked, giving her a confused stare, her soul was full with mischievousness which meant the smirk she was giving you wasn't a good sign for you. "Oh nothing! I heard from a little birdie you and Papyrus enjoyed some time together" She giggled at you and then you remembered that Papyrus had borrowed that leash from Toriel...

"It's not what you think, it was for a mission okay? No stop that smirk of yours" You groaned as Toriel's smile grew, ugh what is it with old people and wanting you to get together with skeletons! "Mhm, how was the... 'mission'?" You just wanted to walk away and never speak of this again but that would be rude and to the former monster queen no less. "That's confidential" You simply answered and tried to sidestep her but she kept blocking your path. Woman! Let me go already! "Nothing is confidential to me, especially if it involves Frisk" She really played that card, it's not like you could decline that! It involved her beloved child.

"Fine, Papyrus and I went into the human district to find Frisk's kidnapper and we did, happy?" You kept it extremely vague and it seemed like Toriel wanted you to spill all of the beans but you refused too. Her soul telling you she wasn't overjoyed with your vague answer but the good news of the process of the case lifted her mood a bit. "We are really close to finding Frisk so don't worry Tori, they're getting what's coming for them" You reassured her and gave her a hug, it's not because you wanted a good fluffy mom hug yourself, nope. Toriel had all forgotten about you and Papyrus, which worked out well for you.

Finally back to your room you went into the bathroom and discarded your dirty clothes in the hamper, where your previous clothes that you borrowed from Chara layed. You would have to figure out the laundry situation soon, you had seen a few maids running around the mansion doing their job, maybe you could give the laundry basket to one of them?

You hit the bed, you were exhausted from the day. Acting like you liked that Aiden guy would drain you even more but it had to be done, for Frisk.

🔶-----------------------------------------------------------🔷

It was the next morning and you had sent Aiden a text and he had quickly replied back to you, him and you texted back and forth. You made sure that your texts came off as flirtatious, had to butter him up so the chances of him saying yes to a date would go up. To your luck he had asked if you wanted to go on a date in the human district tomorrow, which was a prime opportunity for you not to take even though it seemed a bit too quick. You could lure him closer to Sans's territories before Aiden could suspect anything. Aiden had also asked you not to bring your 'Pumpkin spice' with you and the memory made you groan out loud, catching Toriel off guard. You two were having tea together but this time Toriel had baked a pie for you guys to eat. "What's the matter, Y/N?" Toriel asked you with worry in her soul and you just told her the kidnapper had just sent you 'cringe' which she didn't understand but was sympathetic towards you.

"Anyways, that pie is looking delicious. What kind is it?" You put the burner phone away to put your entire focus on Toriel, the only reason you allowed yourself to be on the phone in her presence in the first place was because it was a high priority mission. "Oh it's a pumpkin pie!" Toriel answered your inquiry and somehow you had this hunch... "Did uh Papyrus help you with the pie?" You asked to confirm your suspicion, why else would Papyrus suggest a pumpkin pie when it wasn't even Halloween yet. "Oh yes he did! He insisted on adding some spice to it so it packs a punch!" You had to hold in a second groan, why couldn't everybody just forget that already and move on! Papyrus had suggested a pumpkin spice pie to Toriel knowing you would get to eat it...

"I bet it does" You answered as Toriel cut a piece out for you to eat, you carefully took the plate and cut a piece to put in your mouth. The pie tasted actually good, it would be perfect for Halloween, too bad you could never have anything pumpkin spice ever again. After some chatting with Toriel you had to attend to some business, like buying some clothes to wear for the sudden date since you didn't own any date appropriate clothing. You wanted to impress the guy so he wouldn't think too logically, luring him close to monster territory wouldn't be easy so you had to distract him somehow. You decided to go on a shopping trip by yourself since you've had enough of skeletons for now.

When you were close to the exit doors to the mansion, you saw Bunella and her moddy. "Good morning! Whatcha guys up to?" You greeted them in a friendly manner, after experiencing Sans's temperament you would assume they felt quite scared days afterwards. "A-ah h-hello! We are uh... going g-grocery shopping..." They stuttered out, they were still shaken up after that traumatic event which is fair, they did cross the Mafia after all. "Well what a coincidence! I was going out too, mind if I join you? I did promise to play with that cutie over there so I could watch them for you" You didn't see the harm in joining the two grocery shopping, you could help with finding the needed items! "I-... I would appreciate that... thanks" They sighed in slight relief, having a kid sure took a lot out of you huh? Bunella excitedly ran to your side with her small arms up, wanting you to lift her up and you did.

"So we never got to introduce ourselves! I'm Y/N but you already knew that, what's your name?" You made sure to make your tone soft, you could sense that their soul was on high alert all the time and that wore down on it. You had heard that souls sometimes get scars on them from too intense negative emotions, usually from sadness and stress. Luckily the bunny's soul looked decent but you could see some slight scars manifest on it. Monsters souls usually healed themselves after the intense emotions faded but with humans it was permanent, you didn't know if you had any but your guess was that you did.

"I'm Bunar, sorry for not introducing myself earlier, it's the least I could have done after what you did for me" Their soul whirled in gratitude once again and you gave them a genuine smile. "No worries! Now I won't refer to you as 'That nanny' or 'Bunny parent' in my mind anymore" You admitted and for the first time, you heard Bunar laugh. You're glad you could relieve their stress if only for a little while.

You, Bunella and Bunar drove to the shopping centre in Ebott city, how lucky for you that you didn't need to walk there like you planned too! You had chatted with the two bunny monsters and found out they were getting kicked out from the mansion but Bunar worded like they were moving willingly since Bunella was in your presence. "Oh, any plans on where you are moving to?" You casually asked, honestly them getting kicked out from the Mafia was the lowest of punishments they could dish out to the bunny family. "Not for now, do you have any place to recommend?" Bunar asked you and you got an idea, why not let them stay at your place? You needed somebody to watch it while you were away anyway and you didn't mind having them there when you came back.

"Why don't you guys crash at my place? I'm barely there now while doing busy confidential stuff, at least till you can find somewhere else to live" You generously offered up your apartment to them and Bunar's soul showed akin to shock and disbelief. "W-what!? Really? You'd do that for us? Are you sure? I wouldn't want to bother you..." You shook your head "You'd do me a favour if you kept the apartment clean so no bother!" You laughed, getting somebody to clean your apartment for you? Huge plus in your book. "I will gladly accept your offer then... thank you so much, we are indebted to you" Bunar's soul emitted a happy feeling with huge amounts of gratitude. "My kindness comes with no strings attached" You simply told them and you continued to talk to each other while Bunar drove you to the mall.

You guys had decided to go to the clothing store first "How does this outfit fit me, Bunar?" You came out of the dressing room and showed them your outfit you were trying on. Bunar's cheek flared up and Bunella's eyes had stars in them "You look so pretty!" Bunella loudly said as she hopped in excitement, I guess this is the outfit you're picking. "Y-you l-look h-handsome, who's the lucky person?" Bunar stuttered out and you chuckled at how cute they were "They're not as lucky as you think but it's a human guy" You kept it vague, not wanting to spill the details to such a sensitive topic and in public is a no go. You quickly changed back to your clothes that you came with and greeted the cashier, they were a purple spider monster and the nametag said 'Muffet' on it. That name rang familiar to you but you couldn't quite place it, perhaps they were once in the Mafia?

"Alright dearie, that will be 500 gold" Ah so it seems this shop only took monster currency, 500 gold was around 50 bucks if your conversion was correct. Usually humans didn't have any need for monster currency but since you were always around monsters, you opted to get a monster credit card as well. As you took your card to pay, Muffet looked at you shocked. "Dearie, how come you have that kind of card?" Right to the point with her, you liked that. You shrugged nonchalantly "It's handy to have nowadays don't you think?" You chuckled while beeping your card and paying for your new clothes. "Dearie... You look awfully familiar, do I know you?" She inquired as her plentiful hands worked on getting your newly bought clothes in a bag for you. "Perhaps, your name rings familiar to me but I haven't seen you personally, I would have made sure to remember such a riveting monster such as yourself" You gave her a wink and she blushed as she handed you the bag.

All of a sudden a tiny little spider but big enough to be seen by you came down by a silken string attached to it. It seemed to jump in excitement at you, this was also a spider monster but much smaller than Muffet herself. It abruptly jumped to your arm and crawled up your shoulder to nuzzle your cheeks. Such a cute little thing, you brought your hand to the spider and gently rubbed it with your finger, it started to vibrate in joy. The spiders mouth, you assume it was, started to move like it was talking. You of course couldn't understand Spiderish but it wasn't talking to you, it was talking to Muffet, who talked back to it. They stopped interacting and Muffet looked at you in surprise

"You're Y/N L/N! The so-called bloodhound of the monster Mafia!" Muffet finally recognized you, her spider friends always talked sweet things about you. "Hehe correct but ex Mafia, not part of it anymore" Even though you were working with the Mafia for now, didn't mean you were a part of it. "My little spiders always talked about you when I was a part of the Mafia too, you were so kind to them dearie, thank you for that" Now it was beginning to become a little awkward for you, compliments weren't your fortè to take genuinely. The spider that was on your shoulder crawled down and jumped on the counter, it waved its little legs at you to say goodbye, you smiled at it and waved back. "I see, so you were the boss of those cute spiders...Anyway nice to finally meet you but I have to go now, can't make Bunar and Bunella wait anymore" You apologized to Muffet, she didn't seem to be offended at all, her soul contained a calm vibe.

At the grocery store, Bunella went into hypermode like children do and you took the opportunity to make her help you find items that were on the shopping list. You made it into a game between you two, whichever got the most items won! You and Bunella zoomed through the aisles to find your respective items while Bunar took their time rolling through the different aisles. In the end Bunella had won, damn those fast hopping bunny legs of hers!

The grocery trip was done and you put everything in the car's trunk, ready to get back to the mansion. Before you and Bunar parted ways, you gave them your apartment security code and left before they could refuse or change their mind on your offer, you left to your room to put away your newly bought clothes. You had gotten to know the mansion now housed a very nice garden from Toriel and the sun was still up in the sky so you took the opportunity to visit the aforementioned garden so you could relax while the sun touched your skin with its warmth. There was a field with all sorts of pretty flowers growing from the ground and beautiful trees standing tall, providing you shelter from the sun's intense beams whenever you needed it. You wished they had this garden years ago but at least they had it now, you found yourself a comfy spot under a tree. Suddenly your burner phone vibrated and gave you a loud pling, waking you up from your drowsy spell.

Aiden 💛

You excited for tomorrow? I sure am 😉

Got us a nice reservation at this fancy restaurant, I won't tell which, ruins the mystery 😏

                                                                      Y/N 🖤

Gotta keep the suspense going, I get it 😩

Of course I'm thrilled, it's why accepted your date offer on such a quick note 😘

Aiden 💛

Good to hear! Want me to come get you? Can't let you walk the entire way there, that's not very gentlemanly of me 😤

                                                                      Y/N 🖤

No, that's ok! Why else would I own monster pets if it wasn't to serve my every need? 🥰

Aiden 💛

Your every need? You're making me jealous here or is that your intention sugarplum? 🤭

                                                                      Y/N 🖤

Ah you caught me 😶‍🌫️

No need to be jealous, I only have my monster pets for pleasure though I'm looking for a real connection which if you impress me, might be you 🔥😍

Aiden 💛

After tomorrow you won't need your monster pets anymore 😏

Well that last message Aiden gave you wasn't ominous at all, perhaps you were reading between the lines too much, you often did. You sighed, feeling quite disgusted by yourself. The way you talked about monsters serving your every need? It made your heart throb in pain that you had to say that to keep up appearances, guilt was such a strong emotion when it came to you and you felt it in your soul. Did you even have one? Nobody had seen it, not even boss monsters that could see everyone's souls, human or monster. You had wondered if you were born with no soul then why did you feel such intense emotions? You were quite good in keeping it down but you knew the more you bottle it, the more chances of it cracking and leaking even explode if you allow it to. Maybe you should go to Alphys, she was the best soul doctor out there and you were sure she could keep it confidential if it turned out you had a bad soul or none at all.

Your drowsiness had come back tenfold, taking a tinsy nap wouldn't hurt right?

🔶-----------------------------------------------------------🔷

The title for the chapter was indeed a pun. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Also was that slight jealousy coming from Papyrus?

Chapter 2 out of 12

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.6K 27
Y/N, meets a new coworker that changes her life forever. A monster, doing his best to make a living after moving out of the underground. Sans is this...
5.8K 221 38
You, a Witch, owned a potion shop in Ebott city where Monsters, Humans and supernatural beings lived in relative harmony. You had once had a chance e...
81.9K 2.5K 39
(Collab with the wonderful Ashley) SECOND ACT to Vendetta Heist, so please go and read that FIRST before reading this act please. WARNINGS: I own no...
75.3K 3.5K 42
It's only been a few years since monsters have been released from their underground prison. In some towns, monsters are welcomed with open arms. Othe...