The Miller Twins (1)

By Totally_Twins2

The story begins as follows Twins Eddie and Charlie were separated from their father as to protect them from... More

Preface
House of Who
House of Frauds
House of Chance
House of Divides
House of Crushes
House of Vertigo
House of Pressure
House of De Ja Vu
House of Hoods
House Of Deceit
House of Sibuna
House of Payback
House of Pendulums
House of Impasse
House of Help
House of Isis
House of Curfews
House of Dead Ends
House of Webs
House of Fronts
House of Keepers
House of Hacks
House of Stings
House of Double Cross
House of Wires
House of Envy
House of Names
House of Evidence
House of Genius
House of Slander
House of Hasty
House of Sorry
House of Hex
House of Silence
House of Warnings
House of Status
Character Boards
House of Heists
House or Alibis
House of Siblings
House of Reflections
House of Stooges
House or Zodiacs
House of Reckoning
House of Magic
House of Whispers
House of Duplicity
House of Hauntings
House of Collections
House of Speculation
House of Sabatoge
House of Nine Lives
House of Forgeries
House of Timeout
House of Reflectors
House of Illusions
House of Dreams
House of Pitfalls
House of Phantoms
House of Surrender
House of Strategy
House of Pretenders
House of Trouble
House of Traps
House of Missions
House of Captives
House of The Chosen Ones
Collage
House of Freedom

House of Stakes

130 7 4
By Totally_Twins2

House of Stakes

Alfie's POV

Great, now Amber and Patricia have disappeared down the hole as well, now it's just me, Fabian and Joy. Great I'm stuck with the awkward lovebirds.

Fabian "No!"

Still trapped on a safe space I look at Joy who doesn't look very happy with Fabian's decision. He was the one who let her in on this secret, so why isn't he following her ideas.

Joy"What's the point of asking for my help, if you're not gonna listen to me?"

Fabian"Oh, look, I got it wrong, okay?"

Joy"Wrong?, Fabian, this isn't chess. If we make a mistake, someone falls through the floor."

Fabian"Don't you think I know that? I feel bad enough as it is!"

Joy"So you should. None of them have signed up for this,"

Fabian"Now, anyway, who knows what would've happened if we'd done your move?"

Alfie"Both of you, shut up, we have just lost Amber and Patricia, we need to focus on getting them back instead of arguing"

Joy" Alfie is right though I would have had three players playing this game instead of two!"

Fabian"You always have to be right and rub everyone else's faces in it, don't you? And you know why? It's 'cause you're a bully and a control freak."

Joy"Yeah? Well, you're a geek and a coward."

Fabian"You're a witch."

Joy"Doormat."

Alfie" Stop it you, lets just all take a breath and focus on this"

"So, what do we do now?"

Joy and Fabian exchange glances now sighing.

Alfie"We keep playing the game,"

Fabian"I don't really think we have much of a choice, do we? Joy... I'm sorry."

There is a pause.

Joy"Okay, let's do this."

So after Fabian and Joy's spat we continued with the game since we had no choice we had to get our friends back. So we continued, Joy separating the moves between us. We were doing really well and were nearly there, so close to the mask of Anubis.

Fabian"Okay, we're getting there,"

I nod in confirmation to Fabian as we knew one wrong move could have us in the cellar.

Joy"Easy, Indiana, Your next moves will have you both land on one of those danger squares by Victor."

Alfie"I thought you had it figured out."

Joy"It was a hunch, that's all. His movements could be completely random, impossible to predict."

Alfie"Joy, you can do this. Fabian?"

Fabian" You've got this Joy, I know you have"

Joy shakes her head. I can see the tears in her eyes from where I am. "

Joy"What if I'm wrong?"

Fabian"Hey, you've gotten us all this way, You're good at this, Now, okay, tell me the moves you had planned. I won't do them, I promise. I just want to know what they were."

Joy"Two forward, then one right, then two forward."

Fabian glances at me. Then he takes two steps forward and one right. Joy and I both start shouting at him, but that's only three moves made. He looks at me encouragingly, nodding at me, and so cautiously I take two steps forward onto a jackal square as Joy shouts my name. That's our five moves made and the guards swirl. The Victor guard doesn't turn toward Fabian, nor does it turn toward me, which means we're both able to step off the board. He does so with a cheer. The guards turn again though, facing the direction of Joy. Then, one by one, they each sink into the ground, disappearing. As does the throne Joy was just sitting on.

Alfie" We won!

Joy"You won!"

When the guards descend into the floor, Joy runs over to us and hugs Fabian but the slaps him.

Joy "You promised me you wouldn't move!"

Fabian"One of us had to trust you and it wasn't gonna be you."

Alfie" Guys look"

I walk over to the mask and there sitting were two keys, one silver and one gold. Now to get our friends and the Mask.

Behind me, I hear Fabian.

Fabian"You know, you were right. I've been a coward."

Joy"No, you were really brave."

Fabian"No, I don't mean about the game. I mean about us."

Joy "It's okay, I think I've known for ages that I've missed my window. A girl can hope. Friends."

They shake hands, but then he leans forward to hug her.

Fabian"Friends."

Alfie" Well I'm glad you two have made up and are friends again but you need to come see this"

Joy points at the container the Mask is encased in.

Joy"Key to this, I suppose."

Alfie"And 'Fallen friends,'That's got to be the key to whoever the others are."

Well, with both keys ours for the taking, I reach and grab the key for the Mask, easily picking it up. But Fabian's having some trouble getting the one for our friends off. I start to put the key in the lock, barely getting it in, when he says,

Fabian"No, wait. I can't get this key out"

Joy"Well, uh, maybe it's a choice. What if we need to choose between them?"

Alfie" Great another one of Robert's sneaky traps"

Joy"What do you mean?"

Fabian"It means we have to choose between saving our friends and getting the Mask, "I choose our friends, Alfie?"

Alfie" Friends of course"

You'll find another way. This does not end here.

As I place the key back Fabian picks up the key for our friends and we celebrate before hurrying to our friends.

Alfie" We are coming guys"

We all rush down to the cellar and finally get to it, Fabian pushes the key into the lock and there are our friends Amber giving each one of them a bar of chocolate, I rush over to Amber and engulf her in a hug.

Amber" Oh Alfie"

Nina" "I knew you're do it."

Fabian"Hey, I wouldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for Joy. She's been amazing."

Nina"Joy?"

Fabian "She's been helping me."

There is a awkward silence and then Nina speaks.

Nina"Thanks, Joy. I owe you one."

Joy"It's okay, Guess we're sort of even now."

Nicholas"Wait, the Mask, We need to go get it."

Fabian"it's still locked away. We had a choice. Release you guys, or release the Mask."

Both twins sigh.

Fabian's POV

After what happened to Nina and Nicholas in the cellar, they were getting ready to go see their Gran but they were just telling me about what had happened down there. They told me about Victor Rondenmar Senior appeared to them and said he died in the search for the mask. Then he spoke to them about them being The Chosen Ones and that there is Osirians out there.

Fabian" So yeah, this makes sense, I've read all about it, Your Osirians are your Ying to your Yang"

Nicholas" Yeah that's what he Victor SNR said"

Nina" He said that, The Osirians and The Chosen Ones are meant to protect the world together"

Nicholas" We just don't know who they are but we have been told they have are close"

Fabian"As in, at the school close?"

Nina"I guess."

Eddie's POV

I was just getting my breakfast still worried for my twin, we had got another call from Rufus and he said for us to keep doing what we are doing and she will be safe. I had, had enough I mean, I wanted my twin back. Then Patricia walks in.

Eddie" And so where have you been hiding?"

Patricia" Here, there, chess club, infirmary.Um, I took on a paper round"

Eddie"Come on, Patricia.I'm not stupid, okay? Oh, and um, Alfie's back.

Patricia" Mm, is he?"

Eddie"Hmm Nina and Nicholas, you know, after visiting their gran for three days, only telling everyone that, Huh, they are gonna go visit her again tonight"

Patricia" Oh, they a very dedicated grandchildren"

Eddie" No.Patricia, what's going on?"

Patricia" Mm? Nothing's going on, where is you sister?"

Eddie" She has gone missing same time as Jerome actually"

Patricia" Wait, do you think they have been kidnapped"

Eddie"What gives you that idea?"

Patricia" It's just I was kidnapped last year by a man called Rufus Zeno, you won't know him"

Eddie" Oh I know him, he is the one who has my sister and Jerome"

Patricia" What, no how do you know?"

Eddie" He phoned me and my dad, said that we should be good and do what he says and Jerome and Charlie will come to no harm"

Patricia' We have to get them back, like now"

Eddie" I'm with you on that, I'm fed up of waiting"

Nicholas's POV

Nina and I are standing in her room, now trying to figure out how we are going to get this mask, then senkhara appears.

Senkhara"The Chosen Ones have returned, but without the mask."

Nicholas" We'll get it, I promise"

Senkhara" Your friends had the key, and they discarded it"

Nina" In order to rescue us!"

Senkhara" The mask is unique.The Chosen Ones are not.It would appear that the old myths are true"

Nina and Nicholas" The Osirians?"

Senkhara" Yes, The Osirians, my patience has run dry with you both.The old one will die first.At sundown tomorrow.

Nicholas" Gran? No"

Nina" No, please!"

Senkhara" And then who will be next? The pretty girl or the clown? Or the angry girl? Or your precious boy?"

Nicholas" If you hurt him or any of them"

Senkhara" The boy may be too important to perish"

Nina" Fabian? What do you mean?"

Senkhara" At sundown tomorrow, you'll know all.And then I will keep my promise and claim your lives"

Senkhara then disappears and I look at my twin and hug her.

Nina" We are going to lose her Nicholas, we are going to lose Gran"

Nicholas" We are not, we can't, we have to get that mask if its the last thing we do"

Story Notes
So a lot happened for Sibuna, Fabian, Nicholas and Joy manage to rescue their friends instead of getting the mask, Senkhara tells The Martin Twins she will kill their gran as she is of no use to her anymore. And Eddie and Patricia make plans to rescue Charlie and Jerome.

Authors Notes
So yeah reading this over I've realised there is literally no Cherry or Miller Twin ness. Hope you can forgive me.
Vote/Comment/Follow
Thanks X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 6.9K 87
"Too much mystery is merely an annoyance. Too much adventure is exhausting. And a little terror goes a long way." ***** Once Amelia Edwards moves ba...
23.3K 748 46
Sibuna thought the mysteries would stop when they reached college, but when is a mystery really over? New students, new teachers, a new caretaker, an...
1K 309 23
UPDATIONS: Completed NOTE: Story is in journal format "And by prophecy shall it be revealed... Two made by the bond of the halfling's blood... Shall...
40.3K 1.7K 41
I fell down on the floor and cried "How can they spoil my sixteenth birthday? They knew how happy and excited I am on my birthday, but they still spo...