Hey There, Delilah | Gilmore...

By Bluebell-Winter

Rory and her twin sister, Delilah, are as different as night and day, but they still manage to be close, desp... More

🅢🅔🅐🅢🅞🅝 ➊
🅖🅡🅐🅟🅗🅘🅒🅢
⓿➊: Hey There, Delilah
⓿➋: High School Never Ends
⓿➌: Smite Me, O' Mighty Smiter
⓿➍: Hanging On For Deer Life
⓿➎: The Fun in Funeral
⓿➏: The Parties' On
⓿➐: Sealed with a Kiss
⓿➑: All's Fair in Love and War and Snow
⓿➒: Out All Night Long
➊⓿: Forgive and Forget
➊➊: Paris is on Fire
➊➋: Tonight We Triple Date
➊➌: Be Careful With College Creeps
➊➍: Curse You Donna Reed
➊➎: The Return of Christopher
➊➏: If Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow...
➊➐: Break Ups and Other Messy Things
➊➑: Trust Fund Baby
➊➒: We'll Be the White Rabbits
➋⓿: From the Bottom of My Heart
🅢🅔🅐🅢🅞🅝 ➋
⓿➊: One of Us. One of Us.
⓿➋: Tacky Hammers
⓿➌: Just Dance
⓿➍: College Road Trip
⓿➎: Sid Was Abusive
⓿➏: A Coming Out Ball

➋➊: Whole Legions of Daisies

366 16 2
By Bluebell-Winter

❝𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝚆𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚜.❞
— 𝙴𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝙳𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌. 𝟷𝟾𝟻𝟿

Delilah was rudely woken up by Lorelai, saying, "Hey! You are so not sleeping through this noise!"

"I was 'til you woke me up," Delilah replied.

Lorelai asked, "How can you sleep through the freaking Blue Man Group outside?"

"Like this," Delilah said, turning over, with her back turned towards her mom and covering her head with a pillow.

She heard her mother leave to presumably go bother Rory.

Delilah went into the kitchen where Lorelai and Rory were already where.

"We were in our house, but it wasn't our house, it was a Kentucky Fried Chicken," Lorelai was saying.

"I'm hooked," Rory told her.

Delilah asked, "Hooked?"

"She's telling me about her dream," Rory told her.

"I'm continuing the story. We were in our house, but it wasn't our house, it was a Kentucky Friday Chicken. I had to get dressed, but my clothes were in the back. And the guy manning the giant oil vat would not let me through," Lorelai stated.

"Riveting stuff," Delilah said as she got a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. She was wearing a white robe and a black tank-top with blue boy shorts and white polka-dots. She got a bowl and the glass bottle of milk. Rory took some cereal and started eating it, before she grabbed the milk bottle, taking a drink out of it.

"When she said oil, it reminded me that I had this dream last night we were swimming in a pool, only it wasn't water, it was like oil or honey or something," Rory stated.

"Hey," Lorelai exclaimed.

Rory asked, "What?"

"You totally did the thing," Lorelai told Rory.

Rory asked, "What thing?"

"You made her dream all about yours," Delilah told her.

"I'm sorry; the oil vat guy was being mean," Rory told her.

"Yes and we knew him. He used to live in town. He was that guy who used to run the auto body shop before Maven Hughes bought it," Lorelai told them. "Remember him?"

"No," Rory stated.

"Not really," Delilah said.

"Yes, you do. He's really skinny," Lorelai told them.

Rory asked, "Peter Stringbean?"

"No, that was the tall circus freaky guy who worked for him," Lorelai said. "This was the owner guy. What was his name?"

Delilah joked, "Seth Beanpole?"

"You know, I think his first name was Seth," Lorelai said.

Rory was incredulous, "Really?"

"It's going to bug me all day," Lorelai said. "He was short and fat and his name was..."

Rory said, "Seth McShort-and-Fat?"

"Oh, now, don't mock," Lorelai said. She stood up and went to the back door.

"What was up with Mom this morning? She woke me up saying that I'm not sleeping through this noise," Delilah said to Rory.

"She was saying that Luke was fixing something on the porch," Rory told her. "Then she accidentally locked herself out." She left the kitchen and went to the hall closet.

Delilah asked, "Hey, what are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for the short-sleeved Chilton shirt," Rory said. "It's getting warmer and the long-sleeves have to go."

"Oh," Delilah said.

Rory took out the Dean Box out and looked at it. She looked at Delilah, "What is this?"

"The Dean Box," Delilah admitted.

"Ooh! Hey! Jim Dunning was the Dick Tracy guy," Lorelai called. "Jim Dunning, that's the Dick Tracy guy."

Delilah wondered why her mother had to repeat that.

Lorelai walked in and looked at Rory. "Oh, the Dean Box. Okay, I know I was supposed to throw it away, but I couldn't. I mean, you're young and your head's all weird, and you don't have any perspective because of that whole young weird headed thing, so just please listen to me before you get mad. You're going to want that stuff one day, when you're old and married, and looking back and thinking, I certainly had an interesting life. And then you can pull out all your old boyfriend boxes. Which is good, because I threw away stuff I'd kill to have today. Look, I put it in with the Max Box and the Jake Box, so they could chat and keep each other company and commiserate about how they had Gilmore girl and lost a Gilmore girl and...sorry."

Rory kissed Lorelai's cheek, "Thanks." She took the box and went to her room.

"So, I talked to Dean," Samantha told Delilah and Matt.

Delilah was confused, "What?"

"I talked to Dean about the whole break-up with Rory," Samantha said. She was holding a strawberry milkshake.

Delilah was confused, "And?"

"He admitted that he wasn't entirely sure if they broke or not," Samantha said. "He said that she was silent and she never even said 'break up' to him. So, in a sense, they never really broke up and Rory was saying that they did."

"Which means they technically broke up," Delilah pointed out. "For some reason, he went along with it."

Rory and Lane came up to them. Rory had fries and Lane had a drink with them. Rory offered the fries to Delilah and her partners. Delilah took some fries as Rory asked, "Hey, have either of you seen Dean with another girl?"

"No," Delilah told her confused.

"Good," Rory replied.

"Rory, you can do so much better than Dean," Samantha told her. Rory glared at the blonde. "At least tell him to get a haircut because that floppy hair has got to go."

"I just realized how terrifying it is when things just disappear," Jake told Delilah as she helped him with an oil pastel art project Jake had to do in the library. "People, media, objects...my will to live."

Delilah was alarmed, "Your what?"

"How I want to save money but I buy other things instead," Jake said quickly.

Delilah nodded, "I hope that's what you meant."

"You know, I'm sorry," Jake said.

"Sorry for allowing me to help you do your art project?" Delilah asked confused.

"No, I mean, I'm glad that you're helping me, but I meant that I'm sorry for breaking up with you," Jake told her.

Delilah didn't know why he was apologizing for it not working out. "Okay?"

"I'll admit, I kind of had this feeling that you weren't interested in me like it seemed like you were with your friends," Jake told her.

Delilah scoffed, "That's not true. I really liked you. Matt and Samantha liked you too."

Jake shrugged, "Well, things worked out for you three."

Delilah looked at the daisies that Jake was drawing. "So, what's with the daisies?"

"It's a line Emily Dickinson had written in a letter," Jake said. "'There has been frost enough. We must have summer now, and whole legions of daisies.' Since summer is coming, I thought of that line." Jake motioned to his pastel painting, "Whole legions of daisies."

Delilah nodded, "'there has been frost enough. We must have summer now, and whole legions of daisies.'" She smiled, "Yeah. I like that."

Jake smiled back, "That's why I picked daisies."

"You know, Jake? I like that we're friends," Delilah said.

"Yeah, me too," Jake replied.

Delilah, Rory, Lorelai, and Max walked down the street. Lorelai and Max were carrying small bags as they headed to Max's first town meeting. Lorelai had her arm around Max's.

Max asked, "Okay, we've got food, drink, reading material, chocolate covered espresso beans. Have I left anything out?"

"I think that covers it," Rory said.

"You're such a good provider," Lorelai told Max.

"I try my best," Max replied.

Delilah asked Max, "Are you sure you want to go to a town meeting? They're kind of boring."

"They're not boring, they're just a little dull," Lorelai told Delilah.

"Your mother has been talking about these town meetings for months. I've got to see one for myself," Max told her.

"The one where they're talking about the reenactment is the more exciting one. It's where Taylor and Luke are about to fight over it," Delilah told him.

"And if you're lucky, you'll see some crazy lady throwing French fires at the people she disagrees with like last time," Rory told Max.

Max looked at Lorelai, "So were they cold?"

"No, I was just full," Lorelai replied.

"Ah, oh, oh, I forgot," Max started. He took something out of the bag and handed it to Rory. "One for Lila..." Rory passed it to Delilah. "One for you..." he passed another RingPop to Rory, "and one for you." He passed one to Lorelai.

Rory sniffed her Ring Pop, "What are these?"

"They're Ring Pops," Delilah told her. "It's edible."

"Max, that's very sweet, but we're not eight," Lorelai said, removing her arm from Max's. "What did you two get?"

"Blue raspberry," Delilah told her.

"Grape," Rory replied, "Yours?"

"Red," Lorelai answered.

"So, cherry," Delilah pointed out.

Rory told Lorelai, "Trade you!"

"Yes!" Lorelai replied as they swapped Ring Pops.

They got inside the barn right as Taylor was speaking, "Enough, enough of this arguing. It's time to put this to a vote. All those in favor..."

Rory hid behind Delilah, who asked, "What are you doing?"

"All those opposed?" Taylor asked and Lorelai raised her hand. "Lorelai, you don't even know what we're voting on."

In a mock Southern accent, Lorelai said, "Yeah, but I'm a-gin it!" She pointed at Taylor.

"All right, the nays have it," Taylor stated. "Let the record reflect it." He looked at the bags, "Lorelai, I hope that's not food in those bags. Food is not allowed at town meetings."

"No, Taylor its not. Its, um, diapers for the little ones," Lorelai told him, ushering Delilah, Rory, and Max to some chairs.

Taylor asked, "The what?"

"Dorsal fines and Cucamonga," Lorelai said.

Taylor asked Miss Patty, "What did she say?"

Lorelai whispered to Max, "I confuse him 'til he loses his train of thought and then he moves on." She offered, "Hot dog?"

"All right, I'd like to open the meeting up for miscellaneous issues," Taylor started.

"I have an issue," a man said, raising his hand.

"Who are you?" Taylor asked.

"The town troubadour," the man said standing up.

Taylor asked, "The what?"

"You've seen him Taylor, with his guitar," Babette said.

Taylor stated, "Right, the guitar."

"Yes, he plays on all the street corners," Miss Patty said.

Luke corrected, "He loiters on street corners."

"We're two peas in a pod, Luke," Taylor told him.

"Scary thought, Taylor," Luke replied.

"I agree," Delilah whispered to Rory, who was eating fries.

"Go on honey," Babette told the troubadour.

"Thank you," the troubadour told her. "I've been the town troubadour for six months nows, and I think I've done a pretty good job and then—" He pointed to another man, "He shows up."
The other man waved his hand, "Hey."

"And there's no room for a second troubadour in Stars Hollow," the first troubadour continued.

"Clearly," Morey piped up.

"This is hands down the silliest thing I have ever heard," Taylor stated.

"Hear them out, Taylor. It can't hurt," Lorelai stated. Taylor looked at the white bag that Lorelai was holding. "These are not fries. They are farfignugen sugen dugen."

Max started chuckling.

"I opened the floor for issues of substance," Taylor stated. "This does not qualify."

"Don't be uncool, Taylor. Music is substance," Morey told Taylor.

"Watch out Morey," Taylor warned, pointing. "After that anatomically explicit epithet your wife yelled at me earlier, you're both on probation."

Delilah wondered if Babette called Taylor a dick or an ass.

"All I'm asking is that the town troubadour laws be enforced," the man stated, trying to get back on point.

Delilah noticed how Rory kept looking back and nudged her, "Stop staring. It makes you look like a creep."

"There are no town troubadour laws," Taylor pointed out.

"There ought to be something," Miss Patty said.

"I've got the town handbook right here," Kirk stated.

"Since when has there been a town handbook?" Delilah asked him.

"I do get this people. This man is practically a vagrant. I mean, where do you even live? What do you do for a living?"

"I don't want people to know those things," the troubadour replied.

Taylor asked, "Why not?"

"Because that's part of being a troubadour," the man stated.

Taylor asked, "What is part of being a troubadour?"

The troubadour stated, "The mystique!"

"Oh, this is absolutely ridiculous," Taylor said. Delilah kind of agreed, which was scary. To the second troubadour, Taylor asked, "Do you subscribe to this troubadour mystique?"

"I run a Kinko's in Groton," the second troubadour said.

"What is a Kinko's?" Delilah asked.

"It's a postal delivery service," the second troubadour told her.

"Oh," Delilah stated.

"You see, that proves it!" Taylor exclaimed, "He doesn't respect the code. You're not supposed to talk. You're not supposed to run a Kinko's. You're supposed to speak through your music. That's the whole point," the troubadour said.

Taylor asked, "What is your scam, buddy?"

The troubadour asked, "My scam?"

Taylor started, "Because if you are using the fine people of Stars Hollow to make a quick buck—"

"He's scamming anyone because he doesn't accept money," Samantha said. "I tried giving him three dollars, but he didn't want it."

"I agree with Samantha," Miss Patty said to Taylor. "I tried giving him money as well."

"He may not now, but he will," Taylor replied. "This troubadour act is a money making scheme. Why else would he be doing it?" The troubadour sat down, looking frustrated.

"Maybe he loves what he does, Taylor," Elijah stated flatly. "He's just playing music because he wants to."

Rory stood up, "And it's because sometimes you have something you need to say but you can't because the words won't come out or you get scared or you feel stupid, so if you could write a song and sing it then you could say what you need to say and it would be beautiful and people would listen and you wouldn't make a complete idiot out of yourself, but all of us can't be songwriters so some of us will never be able to say what we're thinking or what we want other people to know that we're thinking so we'll never get the chance to make things right again ever."

Delilah had a funny feeling that Rory was talking about her situation with Dean. Rory had gone over and put her hand on the troubadour's shoulder, "So, give this guy a license."

"I agree," Delilah said, standing up. "He needs a license. Stars Hollow is an accepting place."

"I agree too," Samantha said, getting up. "He's amazing at what he does."

"I agree as well," Matt said. "I was upset over my mother and he cheered me up."

"Every town needs a troubadour, Taylor," Elijah added.

There was applause.

Rory and Delilah sat down. "Well, I liked that little speech."

"In the interest of not talking about this subject for another second, I hereby designate Mystique Guy over here the official town troubadour. And no other troubadour may usurp his territory, meaning this other guy," Taylor stated.

Delilah felt bad for the other troubadour and watched her mother throw a fry at Luke.

"Do you want some fries? We have extra," Lorelai stated.

"Nah, Rachel's minding the store, so I should probably get going," Luke told her.

"Yeah, I agree," Lorelai said in a mock deep voice.

"I knew you would," Luke stated.

Delilah looked at Matt and Samantha and noticed how Rory looked behind her. Delilah looked as well, "Maybe he knew you were staring at him so he took off because you freaked him out a little."

"Shut it, Lila," Rory said.

"They're back to calling me Mary again," Rory said to Delilah.

Delilah was confused, "Who?"

"Paris, Madeline, and Louise," Rory said to Delilah.

"Why?" Delilah asked.

"Paris thinks I'm going after Tristan," Rory told her. "She's also the newspaper editor. So I'm going out for the student paper, I need recommends from the faculty, the student body, and the editor."

Delilah was stunned, "She still wants to get in Tristan's pants?"

"She says she's over him," Rory said.

Delilah asked, "Why would she hate you all over again?"

"She thinks I'm going to PJ Harvey with him," Rory said.

Delilah sighed, "Have you told her you're not?"

"I would never go anywhere with him," Rory stated.

"This is so stupid," Delilah stated.

"I know," Rory replied. "I'm worried that he might try to do something after school."

"Kick him in the balls and run in the other direction," Delilah said.

Rory started, "But—"

"The other direction," Delilah repeated firmly.

"Okay," Rory replied.

Dean asked Delilah, "Hey, do you know a shortcut to Chilton?"

Delilah was confused, "Why?"

"I have this feeling that Rory wants to talk to me and I want to get there as quickly as possible to Chilton before the bus arrives, that's why," Dean told her.

Delilah looked at a clock, "Well, I suggest you better go because there's not shortcut—" Dean took off before she can even finish that sentence.

Delilah rubbed her temples.

After school, Delilah went to the inn because she knew that Rory would be there, to talk about her day at school. She was curious to know what Rory's situation with Tristan was and if she managed to resolve the issue.

She was surprised to find a lot of yellow flowers in the inn and looked at her mom, would ready to cry, "Mom?"

"A thousand yellow daisies," Lorelai stated.

"Whole legions of daisies," Delilah muttered.

Lorelai asked, "Whole legions of daisies?"

"'There has been frost enough. We must have summer now, and whole legions of daisies,'" Delilah recited and Lorelai nodded. "What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you and Rory together, at the same time," Lorelai told her.

"Well, I'll go and you can call me when Rory gets home, then," Delilah said, still a little confused.

Lorelai handed her three daisies, "They whole town gets one. Give these to Samantha and Matt."

Delilah nodded and took off. She wondered how Kirk managed to get the daisies in before Michel got annoyed.

Delilah watched as Lorelai and Rory ran towards each other, before meeting somewhere in the middle, both having big news to share. She walked up to them.

"You first!" they both spoke at the same time, "You first!"

They were jumping around laughing and Delilah smiled. She didn't have any news to share.

"Max proposed to me with a thousand yellow daisies!" Lorelai stated.

Delilah was happy for Lorelai, "Whole legions of daisies flooding the inn."

"I told Dean that I love him," Rory added with a grin. "It's not as big as this though."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 7.7K 30
Sierra Gilmore: Twin Sister of Rory, Daughter of Lorelai, Girlfriend of Logan and Member of the Life and Death Brigade. With dreams to be an actress...
620 21 7
• Formally known as 𝐖𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 • ❝𝙼𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚍.❞ Dylan Gilmore is a liar. He lies to his mother and siste...
62.5K 2.1K 25
This is inspired by some of the other Gilmore Girls fanfiction I've read where Rory has a twin sister. ---------------------------------- Alice Chri...
7.4K 191 29
Hilary, the twin Gilmore daughter to Rory, finds herself in a new, troubling and confusing relationship after moving from Stars Hollow High to Chilto...