★Read you like a book★ JJBA

By OkGalaxy

Y/N, your average 17-year-old bookworm has decided that there is truly nothing in her life that makes it spec... More

★Under the Moonlight★
★Mysterious Coincidences★
★Restless Nights★
★Discovery★
★Devious Attack★
★Truth and Secrets★
★New Team Member★
★Up in the Sky★
★Battle of Wits and Brawn★
★A Salty Battle★
★Normal Day, Strange Life★
★Beast Aboard the Ship★
★Hotel Freights★
★Traitor Among Us★
★Revenge Gone Wrong★
★The Will to Move Forward★
★Fun Times★
★Cars and Cliffs★
★Suspicious Fog★
★Mystery Behind the Shadows★
★Cruel Tactics★
★Pipe Dreams★
★Friendship and Dreams★
★The Sun and Mirage★
★All Aboard the Cessna★
★A Backfired Plan★
★Sandy Shores★
★Special Surprise★
★Submarine Chaos★
★Battle on Land★
★A Strange Ally★
★Sense of Pride/Defeat★
★Double the Suspicion★
★Feel Better my Friend★
★No longer Normal-ish?★
★Together Forever★
★Showdown Baby★
★Important!★
★Get Ready, Cause I'm Coming★
★Easy Decision★
★So Long Everyone★
★The End★
★True Ending★
★After Story★

★Unexpected Adventure★

2.3K 75 92
By OkGalaxy

I ran to go get Holly so she can get a first aid kit and treat Kakyoin for his head wound.

But strangely, she wasn't in the kitchen. That's her usual spot though, where could she be? I looked from room to room until a sudden, frigid and unspeakably chilly breeze hit me like a ton of bricks.

I checked the source and found that the storage room with the freezer was open. And when I walked up to close the thing so it wouldn't waste any energy, I almost dropped to my knees in shock at what I witnessed.

Holly was on the floor, and unconscious. She seemed to be very uncomfortable, and when I checked the reason why, I learned that she was running an extremely high fever!

I quickly closed the freezer door and called for help as I held her in my hands so she wouldn't be lying on the cold hard floor instead.

As everyone came running at my shouts of distress, their expressions matched mine as shock, horror, and fear clouded their face.

Avdol quickly ran up to me and wanted to check something, he turned Holly around and discovered that she had a stand!

"It's killing her." He explained, "We were so happy that the Joestars had manifested their stands safely, we forgot about Ms. Holly! The stand is killing her, I'd say she only has 50 days!"

"NOO!" Joseph shouted in pain and agony at what he heard. He grabbed Jotaro by the collar and threw him against the wall in frustration.

Jotaro remained silent but only let out a slight "Tch" being careful of not letting his emotions spill out right then and there.

"There's gotta be something we could do! You said there was no way of saving Kakyoin and yet we did, we can save Ms. Holly as well!" I yelled at the old man trying to bring him back to reality.

"The only way..." He managed to mutter through his mess of tears, "Is to find that damn bastard Dio, and kill him!"
*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:
We took Holly to the guest room again and let her rest comfortably on a bed. I got a damp towel and put it on her forehead to cool the fever.

"So old man, where do we even begin to find that asshole?" Jotaro grumbled and stared at Joseph intently for an answer.

Joseph shook his head and replied, "I don't know. I tried using my spirit photography to catch him, but the background is too dark to discern."

Jotaro didn't say anything but grabbed a sketchbook and pencil and handed it to his stand. He held a picture of Dio that he received from Joseph and allowed his stand to look at the photo and sketch what it sees.

"Since my stand possesses extreme speed and precision, I can see even the smallest details." He muttered as his stand began to sketch a tiny form, which then later turned into a sketch of a fly.

"A fly...?" Joseph muttered in confusion, "How the heck is a fly going to help us?"

"I think it is a very important clue." Avdol rubbed his chin, "If I find out the species of this fly, we may be able to find Dio's location along with it. I just need to find an encyclopedia and-"

"Don't need to, It's the Nile Tsetse fly, found in Egypt. They like living along dense vegetation areas such as near the Nile." I discerned from what could be seen in the sketch, everyone looked shocked surprisingly at what I said.

"Uhh, I just like reading. And I have good memory." I chuckled awkwardly.

"It makes sense..." Avdol agreed with me, "I myself had an encounter with Dio, it happened in Egypt and I'm very surprised that he is still hiding there."

"So? Let's kill the damn bastard quickly and save her." Jotaro glanced at Holly as another face soon peered in.

Because of everything going on we failed to realize Kakyoin wasn't even the room anymore, but he seemed to have listened in to our whole conversation and everything that had happened.

"Forgive me for listening in to all of you, but I would like to help out. I want to save Holly along with you guys." Kakyoin said to everyone's disbelief.

"But Kakyoin! You're injured, and plus this mission could mean a death wish if you wish to join us. What reason do you even have to want to join this dangerous mission?!" Joseph tried to convince him to not go, but Kakyoin only shook his head.

"I don't necessarily have a reason." Kakyoin replied, "Think of it as you simply opening up my eyes."

I gave a slight cough as I also had something important to say.

"I want to come as well." I said confidently crossing my arms as I did so.

"No." Jotaro replied almost immediately, "You are not coming with us."

"I know that it's dangerous, but I can be pretty useful. I'm quite knowledgeable and can produce tons of useful things with my stand." I mentioned

"Y/N, this trip will take a month if not more. What will your parents say? At least I can get away with it because they are always traveling. I've seen you before, you have a life here, you can't just throw it all away." Kakyoin put a hand on my shoulder trying to reason with me.

"I actually have a valid reason for going." I explained as I hinted towards the whole situation with Amelia and my ancestry. "My ancestors the Valenhearts they-"

Joseph's jaw dropped at what I said. "The Valenhearts?!" He yelled. "Why I am quite familiar with them."

"That trip I took that you all though I ran away for a night, it was to meet my biological mom. I got all of the answers from her and found out I was related to the Valenhearts."

Joseph nodded at what I said and then sighed, "Your great-great-grandfather Arthur, was good friends with my own father. And his mother was none other than Amelia Valenheart who was very good friends with my granny Erina."

"She's working for Dio." I gave a glare, "She's also the reason why me and my biological mother both awakened our stands."

"Then you can count on us to defeat the both of them and save Ms. Kujo." Avdol tried convincing me in a way that wasn't direct, but I only stubbornly shook my head.

"She is my family, and I feel obligated to stop her. Plus Ms. Holly was extremely kind to me and I want to help her too." I spoke

Though that was part of the reason of why I wanted to go, the other reason was...discovery. Maybe I could seize this chance to finally discover what my true meaning in life is. My final decision, I'm going. I need to protect the ones I love and ensure that my biological mom can finally rest from all of this stand mumbo-jumbo.

"Good grief..." Jotaro grumbled as he finally realized I was going nowhere.

And with that it was decided, I ran to my parents to try and convince them the best I could and also make some phone calls.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Absolutely not!" My mom yelled immediately as the words of going away for more than a month barely passed my lips.

"But it's a school project." I lied through my teeth. "I already told you we're going on an expedition. To capture some new varieties of tsetse flies capable of causing a new disease!"

"Honey," My dad gripped my mom's hand tightly in reassurance. "You know how smart she is already, and she's not a child anymore. She's almost an adult and is fully capable of making her own decisions."

My mom gave a large sigh and rubbed her temples in thought. "Fine." She grumbled back, "But don't think you're off the hook already, I expect a phone call of reassurance every day from you."

"Every week." I tried to bargain with her, "Egyptian deserts don't typically have good cell service connection."

"Fine." She finally sighed in defeat, she was a hard one to convince, luckily my dad trusts me enough.

I ran to my room and packed all of my stuff grabbing the basic essentials and etc. I also changed into my own comfortable clothes from the one's I got back from the Kujo's house. Then I went up to the house phone and made a group call to Mayumi, Chiyo, and Kaede and told them about the news.

"Oh my gosh you're leaving?!" Chiyo cried

"I'm coming with you, no exceptions." Mayumi huffed as I blatantly refused.

"You want to do boring research stuff? Be my guest!" I said sarcastically as Mayumi only groaned in response.

"Anyways, about all my school stuff..." I started to mention

"Your library duties? I'll take care of it." Kaede sighed, "It's not your job either way, the librarian just needs to suck it up and do what she's being payed for." I gave a chuckle as I thanked her.

"If anything happens, just know that you are all my dear friends and I love you three." I gave a heartfelt comment which led to Chiyo sobbing even harder.

"Bye! We'll miss you!" They all said in unison as I gave smile and ended the call right after.

"Is it time?" My mom came up to me and asked.

I nodded and then shared a short hug with her and my dad as they prayed for my safety. I'm sorry for lying to you, but I have to do this. I need to protect the ones I love, no matter what it takes.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

As I had gotten closer to the Kujo's house, I noticed a huge pile of cars piling up in their driveway. Tons of medical professionals in uniform with medical equipment all rushed in towards the room Holly was resting in.

Being close enough, Joseph saw me and then noticed my curiosity. "They're from the Speedwagon foundation, they are highly trained medical professionals and will take care of my daughter while we are away."

Oh, I know a lot about the Speedwagon foundation. They're really influential in medical research and environment preservation. It's nice to hear that Holly is getting at least some adequate care while she's very sick, though I wonder how Joseph managed to even contact a company as influential as this.

"Oh, hello Y/N" Kakyoin greeted me as he also walked out ready with Jotaro right beside him. Everyone seemed to be packed already and ready to go...I guess this is it. A new adventure is starting for me, and I don't even know what to expect.

"Jotaro, Y/N." Avdol addressed both of us as he also appeared into view. "It has only now come to my attention that you're stands aren't named yet. Before the trip begins, it would be an honor as a fortune teller to let me help you name your stands."

He pulled out a deck of tarot cards and held them in a way that concealed the other side, making them indiscernible from each other. He then proceeded to tell us to pick a card, starting with Jotaro.

Jotaro hesitated for a moment but then quickly grabbed a card, revealing the star card!

"Interesting," Avdol said in awe, "With this card, your stand name shall be called Star Platinum!"

He then turned to me and let me pick out a card and I also hesitated. This is really harder than it looks even though it's so simple!

I closed my eyes and quickly picked the closest card within my reach, but it slipped between my fingers like butter.

"S-sorry!" I apologized, but Avdol gave a 'no worries' look and bent down to pick up the cards leading him to then accidentally dropping the whole deck, making it impossible to tell which one I originally picked!

He gave me another chance as I picked out a card again, and when I turned it around, it was blank.

"What in the...?" Avdol muttered in astonishment, "There was a blank card in the deck?!"

"What's wrong?" I asked him. "It's like the thing doesn't want me to choose a card." I said to which Avdol nodded in agreement.

"I'm afraid you are correct; it seems fate has decided that your stand is too mysterious to be defined by the meaning of the tarot, how about you come up with your own name instead." He suggested

Come up with my own? What could I possibly name it? Let's see...my stand appearance is split down the middle with color and black and white on the other, hence its creation and erasure abilities. How about...Half&Half?

"Half&Half." I replied after taking a brief period to think. "Based off of its split appearance I think it's a pretty suitable name."

"Sounds like a coffee creamer..." Jotaro muttered under his breath

"Hey!" I gave him a glare, "You weren't the one who had to come up with a stand name yourself!"

Kakyoin quickly intervened and put a hand on our shoulders. "Hey, you two knock it off. We haven't even left yet!"

Avdol gave a stern nod. "Kakyoin is right. Please save your energy until we actually get to Egypt." He said as he helped out Joseph put all of our stuff in a taxi.

I begrudgingly agreed and sat in the car in the back seat with Kakyoin and Jotaro, Avdol and Joseph also getting in soon. Giving a heavy sigh, I saw the Kujo's house getting smaller and smaller making me nervous by the second. I can do this, I can help everyone, I hope defeating Dio and Amelia will be as fast and easy as possible.

"First trip, to the airport!" Joseph shouted loud enough for everybody to hear, causing most in the cab to stiffen up not expecting what they will encounter next...

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
86.4K 2.7K 26
Riddled with bullets and dripping with blood, y/n escapes from the fingers of death and stumbles across a rocky shore in an attempt to hide from her...
407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
239K 2.3K 58
y'all I did it. yea if you went to this book it obviously means you're as bored as I am so let's buckle down and talk about p5 ships time to party ig