Happy Ever After

By PopDat_Sonic

i have waited lifetimes to find you. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.

8.

23.4K 1.2K 1.5K
By PopDat_Sonic

"Heyyy," Amber smiled as she and Knowledge met outside of their testing locations.

"How you feel?" She asked.

The two walked down the hall together as they talked.

"Ehh ion wanna say I feel good then get a one." Knowledge said.

"What you wanna eat tho?"

"I'm not-" she started to say before he cut her off with a look.

"Umm you can choose." She mumbled.

"You like Jamaican?"

She nodded "Yea that works."

"Ight go get in the car, I gotta take this to the office real quick." He said as he pressed his car keys into her hand.

"Mmm.. hey girl." Amber heard, causing her to turn around.

"Oh hey." She waved at Raven and Jordyn.

"It's been a minute, where the hell you been at?" Jordyn exclaimed.

Amber shrugged "Just tryna finish up this year, how are you guys?"

"So you fucking Knowledge now?" Raven asked with a mug on her face.

"Umm-"

"Hoe ass." She said, trying to add in a small laugh, but Amber caught the seriousness.

"Raven be fuckin for real.."

"What that mean?"

"Whatever you take it to mean.. I haven't had three STDs in the span of six months." Amber said.

"Yea but you've had two sex tapes leaked." Raven snapped back.

"Girl everyone in this school done-" before she could finish, Raven slapped her.

"El oh el" Amber said before she returned the hit with a punch.

"Oh shit they fighting." Amber heard while she straddled Raven's lap since they had fallen, and continued punching her.

A few minutes into the fight she heard "Break it up."

But she didn't, instead she took Knowledge's keys and started hitting Raven in the head with them.

"Yo what the fuck? Move nigga." Knowledge said as he pushed through the crowd, towards the fight.

He picked Amber up by her waist and walked off with her.

"Put me down." She screamed only to be ignored.

Finally he made it to his car and pushed her up against it.

"Fuck wrong witchu? Huh? I told you to go to the car."

She ignored him and looked the other way.

"Nah look at me, you gon get suspended."

"I don't care, she slapped me. What I'm supposed to do?"

Knowledge shook his head, but calmed down a little since he knew the answer to that.

"Ight just get in the car.. can you do that?"

She nodded and unlocked the doors with the keys, that were still in her hand.

"C'mere," he called pulling her back before she could go to the passenger seat.

"I'm sorry for talking to you like that." He said in a softer voice.

"It's okay." She nodded and got in the car.

Once he saw that she was in, he walked back to the front of the building where Ms. Porter was standing with a mug on her face.

Soon he came back with an envelope and got in the car.

"Porter said you need to call her. But she said Ms. Johnson isn't suspending you, you just have one day in afternoon detention." He told her.

Amber nodded and reached for her phone, in her bag.

She looked shocked seeing she already had over thirty messages.

She looked through them to see they were all just videos of the fight, but one video caught her eye.

When she clicked on it, she thought she'd throw up. It was Raven, Monte, Jordyn, and three other guys.

"Knowledge look." Amber said showing him.

He scrunched up his face immediately "Don't show me that shit, I already seen."

This time, Amber scrunched up her face.

"You already seen?"

"That's what I-"

"So as my friend you weren't gonna tell me about my other friends and my man?"

Knowledge began to laugh until he saw she was serious.

"Amb what fuckin man? That nigga be up and down wit every female in the fuckin city. Be for real shawty. And them friends was never true members. I be tryna spare yo lil ass, but you continue to be delusional. So as your friend imma tell you to be for real witcho self."

Once he finished Amber had tears in her eyes, which slightly made him feel bad, but not really.

"Okay.." she said trying to unlock his car door.

"Where you going?" He asked, watching her gather her things.

"I'm just gonna go." She said quietly as she wiped her face.

"Lemme take you home, your car not even here."

She shook her head "Imma just call an Uber."

"Amber-"

"Leave me alone Knowledge damn!" She yelled.

"Ight.." he nodded, finally unlocking the doors and watching her grab her things.

"Tell me when you get hom-"

Before he could finish, Amber slammed the door shut in his face and stormed off to the bench in front of the school to wait.

Students came out the building as they finished testing, some looked at her and whispered, others continued on and minded their business.

Occasionally she'd glance across the parking lot to see Knowledge's car still parked but she didn't care.

"Babygirl" the sound of Israel's voice knocked her out of her daze and she grabbed her bag.

"What the fuck- who did that?" He asked mugging the side of her face.

She looked into the mirror to see a small bruise forming on her cheek.

"I got into a fight." She mumbled.

"Wit who?"

"Raven.."

"You win?" He asked.

She handed him her phone with the video and watched as he watched with a smile on his face.

"I ain like her ass anyway." He said as he put the car in drive and pulled off. "You know she was tryna fuck on me?"

"Eww.."

"Exactly," he chuckled as he sped out of the school yard.

"You good tho?"

"Mhm.." she sounded, as she sat on her phone waiting for Monte to at least text her.

"Ight, what y'all was fighting for tho?"

She sighed as she began to explain the story over to him.

___________________

"You're not going anywhere for two weeks except for school and any workouts. To ensure that I'm taking your keys for the week, we don't tolerate that Amber." Rodney scolded her as she sat in their living room.

She sighed as he continued on about how her behavior was 'unacceptable'

Once he finished, Lisa spoke up.

"Do you have anything to say?" She asked Amber.

"Yea, this shit is dumb. Iman got into a fight two months ago.. he put the nigga in a coma. And I know for a fact that y'all didn't treat him like this because he came to pick me up in his car the next day."

"But it's whatever." She shrugged as she stood up and headed out of the living room.

"Okay.. you can have the keys. But Amb we're serious when we say, this isn't tolerated." Lisa said.

Rodney shook his head "Lisa-"

"Rodney, not right now."

Amber shook her head at the two, then started back out and towards her room.

"I literally hate it here." She said as Israel entered her room.

"That's why a nigga moved out." He chuckled and plopped down on her bed.

She let out a sigh "I wish."

"Where that nigga Intelligence at? Y'all usually be in this damn room conjoined at the hip."

She shrugged "He weird."

"How?"

"Izzy he knew about Raven, Jordyn, and Monte."

Israel scrunched up his face "And?"

"And he didn't tell me." She said rolling her eyes.

"Why you so stupid over that nigga Monte?"

He shook his head and stood up "I ain even tryna argue witchu today, but you know how I feel when it come to that."

"But stop letting that that nigga continue to get in the way of your happiness Amb."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 23.8K 36
- Hood Niggas and toxicity that's all you need to know ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ–ค
70.5K 4.1K 30
No, you know I cannot hide it 'cause I am so excited ...That I finally decided on you Started: 3.21.23
16.3K 570 18
๐šด๐ž๐ฐ ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ง ๐›๐Ÿ ๐šธ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ. ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซยท๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ฅ /หˆ๐ญษ™๐ซหŒ๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ฅ/ ๐ง๐›๐ฎ๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐›๐Ÿ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐›๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž, ๐œ๐›๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
309K 9.3K 29
i'll love you forever (short story)