Let's change their future!

By Sch141

[Discontinued] Title of rewrite: That slacker can't slack for the life of him ^ Same user What's more to it... More

Prologue.
Smart Rosalyn. (Rosalyn)
Human, I'm famous! (Raon Miru)
Aye! Where's the alcohol? (Bud Illis and Glenn Poeff)
What? There's a bombing?
I finally escaped from that place. (Cage and Taylor)
Someone's supposed death. (393/394/395)
The island is off the map now? (1)
The island is off the map now? (2)
Who are you? (172)
Not a chapter.

Meeting the sage. (Pendrick)

5.2K 257 215
By Sch141

Amelia scanned the room to see who would be next. She didn't want to use the raffle, so she decided to see who would be the most intriguing person to show. Or just someone she felt like showing right now.

She first went over Cale's little group, sworn brothers, the downfall of that bothersome tribe, and the whole Kim Rok Soo situation. Too much information.

Ron and Beacrox, the comeback of the scariest father and son. They're way too early.

Hannah and Jack, dead mana poisoning, some of the empire misdeeds, and more of the bloodthirsty Hannah. Maybe soon.

The 'you dare...!' Squad, nope. I don't even want to talk about them.

The dragons, getting more into the Demonic race, and the whole half-blooded dragon situation. That's just too frightening. And I do not want everyone to be shedding tears right now.

The crazy legend guy, that would cause a new awakening for the guy. Something like that can wait.

She went into scan every single person in the room. She tried to remember the information everyone had on their Wikipedia. It's not like she has that record ability (a curse and a blessing) like Cale, aka the man that's the center of attention.

That man would soon have to get a divorce. His slacker life is already signing the papers and jumping out of the window to avoid him at this point.

Anywho...,

As she was scanning to see who would go up next, she came across a little elf in the corner of the room. He seemed a little lonely all by himself like that.

Amelia stop the corner of her lips from going up, she now has her next victim that she could show on the screen.

Amelia soon reverted her eyes from the elf. Without saying anything else, she got started with the next person.

NAME
Pendrick

ALIASES
Healer Pendrick

"Who's Pendrick?"

Amelia took her eyes from the screen to look at the elf in the corner of the room. Many other people followed suit.

Pendrick just gave out an awkward wave and smile to all the people that looked at him.

RELATIVES
Eruhaben (foster parent)

OCCUPATIONS
Healer

AFFILIATIONS
Ten Finger Mountains Elf Village
Cale Henituse

'Haaaa.'

Cale sighed. Why on earth is he involved with this elf? He also intended to avoid this person and here he is getting involved with this very person.

He should probably just accept the fact that he is associated with people he had the intention to avoid.

His poor self.

ABILITIES
Healing

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
MARITAL STATUS
Single

PLACE OF BIRTH
Roan Kingdom
Western Continent

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
SPECIES
Elf

GENDER
Male

Pendrick is an Elf who could not handle Elementals but has healing abilities. In the original [...], he was talented enough to play the role of healer in Choi Han's group for a while.

"My group?" Choi Han looked at the screen in bewilderment. Is this what was supposed to happen originally? That he would have a group instead of Cale?

Who would have been associated in his group?

However, he had died early in a battle, triggering Lock's first berserk mode. In the current plot, Pendrick is still alive, and he helped out Cale's group many times.

Lock was puzzled, "W—What? My first berserk transformation was triggered by this 'Pendrick' and not my uncle?" I have not even met this elf yet and it's saying that he would have been in his first berserk transformation because of this elf.

But he's glad that this elf would still be alive this time around.

Pendrick, he, is frozen still. He was supposed to die in an early battle? And he play as the healer in this Choi Han's group? That would have only happened if he left the village sometime. Why would he leave the village to become the healer in this group?

Sensing how both Pendrick and Lock are feeling, the host decided she wanted to sit them next to each other. Just for funsies, of course

She snapped to her fingers and seated Pendrick to sit next to Lock and Choi Han. All three of them let out a 'huh?' and looked at me in bewilderment.

Hey, I'm during you a favor!

Amelia just shrugged at their dazed stares and continued to look at the screen.

Appearance
Pendrick was said to look so pale he looked like a sick person. As one of the original [...] party members, Pendrick had a different kind of beauty compared to other Elves, and he had a Z shaped scar by his eyes. He was known to be the most handsome of all Elves.

Bud putted the back of his hand on forehead, acting like he's about to faint, "I might grow unconscious because of his beauty." Cage did the exact same thing, following suit.

Both Glenn and Taylor looked at their respected friends, with weird expressions. They then both looked at each other with a look that seemed to say they know what the other is thinking.

'Aren't they acting too dramatic?'

'Yes, however, this is a common occurrence for Bud.'

'I see that. Even if it isn't as common as your acquaintance, it does happen sometimes for Cage.'

'Ah, especially when it comes to the God of Death.'

'I see your pain.'

'I, too, see your pain.'

"That elf is quite handsome."

"That's true, I wonder where he got it from?"

Hearing the murmurs from around him, Pendrick couldn't stop the blush from creeping up on his face. It is quite embarrassing getting this much attention and these looks from the people around him.

And here Cale is, also agreeing with the screen. The novel did talk about his beauty multiple times. Seeing it for himself, he can't help but agree with it.

Original Plot
Pendrick met Choi Han's group during their journey. He then joined them as a healer. However, he died in a battle, and as someone who reminded Lock of his dead uncle, the chief of the Blue Wolf Tribe, he triggered Lock's first berserk mode.

"..." Lock felt even more saddened at the mention of his uncle's death. He remembers what he told him before dying. His last words to him.

'Everything will be okay.'

He then protected both himself and his siblings, death came upon him soon before his noona and hyung came to his village to help.

But this Pendrick reminded him uncle?

And it was not Cale Henituse?

Lock took a look at the elf next to him and they both made eye contact. They both flinched at the sudden eye contact.

And then avoided eye contact.

Current Plot
Pendrick, along with Guardian Knight Jeet and other three elves, went to Bloke Village and stopped by an inn, where he met Cale's group.

"Uh, that's how I met this... sir? I met him at the inn that's near this village?" Me and these elves, especially ahjussi, he would not leave our village to just rest in an inn. The elf village really must have been attacked by someone.

'I'll have to warn the chief as soon as possible.'

However, their meetings didn't last long because they needed to hurry and helped out their village in Ten Finger Mountains from Arm's attacks.

Ah, he was right. He would have to soon prepare for this. How did these people find the elf village?

And what's their goal for attacking it?

Ron smiled, a not so benign smile, "Arm, huh? That's quite useful information." He has a feeling this 'Arm' group had a connection to the fall of the Molan Household.

His son had a similar expression as his father, after finding out this information.

A few days later, Pendrick went to the third peak of the Ten Finger Mountains in order to obtain the Fire Ancient Power which resided there, only to found Cale in the middle of the empty pit on the peak. He sought the power to help his village, which was being attacked, but since Cale had already obtained the power, he asked for Cale's assistance to fight back the secret organization, Arm's attack.

"Why does this human have so many ancient powers?" Eruhaben already can see that this human has two ancient powers. And he also was able to gain another one? "His luck is beyond anything I have seen."

"Yes, but he will be facing death soon." Sheritt was also curious. She does know that other human (the pathetic one) does have a bundle amount of ancient powers. But that person is different from this human, the one who has her child is his possession because he does not have the curse reflected on him.

Mila, too, was curious, so she decided to join in onto the conversation, "Yes, it'll be painful as well. Unless he balances everything." Yes, if he has all the pieces of nature in him, he would not die.

But it would be difficult.

"That would be a difficult feat."

"Yes, I just had that thought."

The people around the dragons just froze. Why are they just talking about his death or his to-be death so casually like that? Only dragons could keep a straight face while talking about that.

How petrifying and peculiar.

Meanwhile Cale,

Cale did not hear what the dragons were talking about because he was having a conversation with the crown prince, with Raon and Rosalyn joining in sometimes.

"Your highness, you do not understand, I'm sure my future self is doing this for his slacker life."

"What nonsense... haaaa, why are you so dedicated?"

"Because it's my dream life."

"..."

"Agioo."

After Cale agreed to help the Elf Village, Pendrick lots of information about the enemy to Cale, and met him again in the Elf Village Boundary along with Cale's group's other members.

During battle, after Cale almost fainted from using his ancient power, Pendrick tried to heal him, only to find Raon in invisible mode, supporting Cale's back.

Raon, along with On and Hong soon interrupted the conversation, "Human, are you crazy?" He started to flutter his wings swiftly. On and Hong nodded to their youngest sentiments.

"Why are you fainting?"

That was Hong.

"Why is this power making you faint?

And soon coming, was On.

It felt like Cale, himself, was getting scolded by these children. All he could do was shake his head, pick up the three children and give them a little hug.

He must have use too much of his power.

After Cale woke up three days later, he joined Cale, Choi Han, Guardian Knight Jeet and Elf Chief Canaria to talk in Chief Canaria's residence. Chief Canaria told Cale about their plan to send Pendrick to the Gold Dragon in Whipper Kingdom, in order to ask for help regarding the defense around the World Tree.

'Ho.'

Eruhaben sighed in amusement and in concern. These humans are attacking the elf village for the World Tree? This is the only reason that he could come to because Pendrick is going to his lair for help in strengthening the defense around the World Tree.

Elisneh also signed, in just amusement. Did those useless bastards fail in getting to the World Tree?

'I must ruin that one bastards' baby skin that he goes on and on about.'

Pendrick then guided Cale's group to to the underground room at the back of the chief's residence, where they confined and interrogated the middle-aged swordsman, Balbud, a member of Arm and one of the attackers of Elf Village. Cale asked Pendrick to relay his suggestion to the Elf Chief and the others for agreement to hand over Balbud to Cale's trusted person. He also asked Pendrick to travel together with them to Whipper Kingdom, which Pendrick agreed to happily.

"..Ha...ha.." Pendrick laughed nervously, "...It probably was not an ordinary 'interrogation'." They probably left that part out on purpose, knowing the chief, we elves would've brutally tortured that man for information.

Lock tilted his head to the side at Pendrick's sudden proclamation, "Huh?" This interrogation isn't ordinary? What does he mean by that?

"Ah, so the elves would hav—" Pendrick stopped midway of the conversation because he saw the side glare from the ahem, knight next to this Lock boy. He couldn't help but gasp at the look he's giving him.

"Lock, ignore that guy." Choi Han was still giving out that stare.

"...Hyung? ...Uh, but why?"

"Just ignore him."

Pendrick shivered. Let's just not talk anymore.

Before their departure, Pendrick felt guilty because they couldn't leave quietly because he had to inform his family of their departure.

They left the Elf Village and went to Ubarr territory's naval base and Whipper Kingdom together.

Abilities

Despite being an Elf, Pendrick could not handle elementals, thus he relied on his healing and fighting abilities. His healing ability was said to look like a white light.

"Ah, is it like holy light?" Jack questioned. He would one day like to see what his healing abilities are like.

Pendrick decided to answer, "Yes, sort of? Many other elves have commented that it does look like holy light coming from a priest." But, he's not so sure from a human's perspective.

"Thank you for confirming my thoughts."

Pendrick was finished. His was done.

So, Amelia start up to speak for a second, "That's all for Pendrick. We would now be watching the first meeting with the World Tree." As Amelia said that, many people had their mouths gaped in shock.

Amelia didn't care as she just sat back down and continued to eat her caramel flavored popcorn. She just continued look at the screen, watching her new entertainment.

'I don't like this flavor of popcorn, why am I even eating this?'

Episode 170 – Perhaps (5)

A little girl was running toward them.
There were a couple of other Elves behind her as well.

"...Priestess-nim?"

"Ah, it's me!" Adite shouted in excitement. She then started to clap her hands with excitement overflowing inside her. That excitement soon faded out because she remembered that people are attacking the World Tree for some reason.

She just began to droop her shoulders.

Some people looked towards the girl who had her shoulders drooped. This girl is a priestess? For what god?

'Priestess?'
Cale looked back at the little girl after hearing the middle-aged Elf's comment.

'Hmm?'

The two of them made eye contact at that moment.

'Is she looking at me?'

Cale's back felt chilly after seeing the little Elf who looked like a troublemaker rushing toward him.

'Ho.'

Eruhaben signed, once again. It seems he has been signing a lot since coming into this room.

This human really is going to meet the World Tree. This child on the screen is an oddball but she's probably one of the only reasonable elves that reside over there that would guide him to the World Tree.

'Isn't her face too pale?'

The little Elf seemed completely petrified.
The young priestess rushed toward Cale as if she had a very important mission. The middle-aged Elf quickly approached the priestess once she got close.

Bud gave Glenn a 'pst', ushering him to come closer. Glenn came closer and waited for Bud to say what he wanted to say. Bud put his mouth ridiculously close to his ear.

"Why does she look so petrified?"

Glenn quickly pushed him away and covered his left ear with his hand, "How am I supposed to know?" He did not have to come so close just to say that.

The foolishness of this guy!

Glenn soon looked at Bud in disgust.

Bud looked back at him, with a snicker.

"Priestess-nim, what is going on?"

The priestess did not even pay any attention to the middle-aged Elf before pointing toward Cale.

"Red hair!"

Cale flinched.
The young priestess had a look of urgency on her freckled face as she walked in front of Cale.

Gasp.

Adite does not know what she should be gasping for. It just seemed like a situation where she should just gasp for.

Cale slowly took a step backward.
This priestess seemed to be a bit weird.

However, there was a noise that intrigued Cale at that moment.

Clang.

It was the sound of coins.
Cale looked down at the young priestess.
The priestess raised her head and tried to hand the bag in her hand to Cale.

Clang, clang.
It sounded like coins clanging against each other inside the bag.

Raon gasped, "Human, are you scamming her?" This elf is giving human money! He has to be scamming her!

Both of the people next to Cale raised an eyebrow. Is he scamming money from this priestess? Isn't the Henituse family a wealthy family? Why would he need to scam this little elf?

"..."

"You're scamming money from this little elf?"

Alberu had his eyebrow still raised and it's raised even higher than before.

Cale freaked. How does Raon even know of his scamming nature? "No, I don't take snot-filled money." Now all three children could be seen gasping at the word 'snot-filled.'

Goodness.

The young Elf started to speak.

"It might be old human money, but please take it! Apparently, they are silver coins!"

'Hmm?'

"Here, here! Now!"

The priestess shoved the bag toward Cale and Cale accepted it for now. The priestess then rummaged through her wide sleeves and took out a flat rectangular item as well.

"Here is gold as well! There were no gold coins!"

The young Elf seemed to be panicking.

'But it seems like this elf is just handing it to me.'

If someone is going to give him free money, there's no way he would take down the opportunity of taking it.

"Miss elf...? Do you have any idea why you're handing money to him like that?"

"No, no idea." Adite decided to answer, putting a finger to her chin, "I'm sure World Tree-nim requested that I give money to this unknown man."

Gasp.

A collective of gasps erupted from around the room.

"You work for the World Tree?"

"Yes?"

"...What the hell?"

Cale was shocked and swore without thinking about it. However, the young priestess did not even care about that.

In her ten years as a priestess, this was the first time that the World Tree was so scared. The priestess raised the bar of gold back toward Cale and started to speak.

'Scared?' Adite thought, 'How could this unknown man make the World Tree this scared?'

The World Tree never feared anything, unless if the fire that almost burned down the World Tree years ago, came back.

Adite had sweat rolling down from her nape.

Is this man going to cause that fire again?

"The World Tree told me to give money to the red-haired person! It told me to give you coins!"

Coins.
There seemed to be a reason she kept saying coins.
Cale opened up his left hand.
Crackle, crackle. The Fire of Destruction was still there.
The young priestess urgently started to speak after seeing Cale looking back at her.

"Please take it! Otherwise, the World Tree said everything will burn! There will be a sea of fire!"

Adite had even more sweat that came down from her nape and her hands started to go cold.

Cale, you're stressing this poor girl out.

Cale started to think.
'Just what did the owner of the Fire of Destruction do?'

Cale ignored the whole 'the World Tree said everything will burn' thing, as he just started to nod to himself in self approval. It seems by this point he got the 'Fire of Destruction'. It also did state earlier that I met that other elf after obtaining this ancient power.

The Elf priestess seemed concerned.

"It said you really like coins and that you would go crazy for it!"

'He wasn't just a greedy hero?'
Cale couldn't believe it, but accepted the Elf priestess's gold for now.

"The young master-nim is crazy for coins?"

"He is a Henituse after all, maybe he is."

Episode 171 – Perhaps (6)

Cale observed the Elf priestess while holding the gold and coins in his arms.

The young priestess who had rushed over let out a sigh of relief before flinching. She had finally seen the Black Dragon sitting down next to Cale.

"Gasp!"

They all heard her gasp.
The Black Dragon Raon spoke into Cale's mind to share his first impression of this priestess.

– She seems like a nice Elf.

Adite was still sweating but she still had to say her thanks, "Thank you for perceiving me that way, dragon-nim." It's good to know that this dragon's first impression on her was a good one.

Raon wing's fluttered,

"Yes! It's nice to meet you little elf."

He then peeked toward the large bag of coins in Cale's arm. On the other hand, the young priestess bowed toward Raon.

"It is an honor to meet you, Dragon-nim! My name is Adite, and I serve the World Tree-nim in this End Village."

"My," Mila noticed something, "This elf is much calmer than other elves."

"They would usually worship us from the moment they've noticed our presence."

"But isn't it kinda nice?" Rasheel was nudging Mila's shoulder. It was as if he was encouraging her to agree with his statement. All Mila could do was shake her hand.

"No."

"Oh."
Cale let out a quiet gasp.
He had never seen an Elf behave so calmly around a Dragon before. He remembered what Eruhaben had told him.

"This elf does act quite calm." But Sheritt noticed something even more shocking, "It stated that you told him something. Did you perhaps send him to meet the World Tree?"

Eruhaben started to blink owlishly, in wonder, "Perhaps?"

'Talk to the Elf in charge of the World Tree if the other Elves do not understand. Then everything will be fine.'

The, 'do not understand,' was literally talking about the Elves not understanding what Cale was saying. It was just in case they were too busy revering the Dragon that they could not understand anything else.

'Hmm.'

Tasha started to think. Dark elves would usually not act like this (maybe a few of us, cough the mayor) Is it because elves are more sensitive to nature?

That may be so.

"Yes. Nice to meet you, little Elf."

Raon's bright greeting to the priestess made all of the other Elves start to smile.

All of their gazes were focused on Raon as they continued to nod their heads. They looked toward Cale who had come to deliver Eruhaben's message every so often, but it was rare.

"Ha!" Sheritt let out a scoff-like laugh, "You really did send him as your messenger."

"And you send him every so often."

Eruhaben glanced at the human and saw the little kid waving (Sheritt waved back) his paws towards his direction.

He soon let out a little howl,

'Well, the two of them are quite the interesting bunch.'

Cale over here had sweat dripping down his face. He, himself, is going to send messages for this dragon every so often to these elves? When I found out where his lair was, did he make I, a weak human do his bidding?

I have seen it all in the good amount of novels I read in the past! Sometimes these dragons would go like 'Oh? A human found my lair? Do all this bidding for me.'

I absolutely can't let that happen!

That was why they would not be able to understand anything Cale needed to say. It wasn't that they were ignoring Cale on purpose. They just could not help but look at Raon.

Of course, there was something Cale did not know.

"Wow, do these elves truly become that distracted in the presence of a dragon?" Eric was astonished. They could even just ignore the people that are right near them. Amiru hesitantly nodded along to Eric's statement.

"Yes, all they're doing is staring at this dragon-nim."

Amiru wanted to say more. To tease Eric.

"But I'm sure you would react the same way if young master-nim randomly showed this dragon to you."

Eric lightly slapped Amiru's shoulder, "I would not!" He would absolutely not act the same way as these elves!

There was a reason that the Elves were nodding their heads and looking at him every so often.

It was because of the conversation that the beings that Cale could not see were having.

'The World Tree called the priestess over to say something because of this red-haired human! I think it has been over a hundred years since the World Tree has talked about a human!'
'This human has a strong aura of nature on him. He is probably the human with the most natural elements.'
'No wonder he is with two Dragon-nims. This human smells really good.'

The Elementals were talking about Cale.
The Elves couldn't help but peek over at him after hearing what the Elementals had to say.

Adite wondered how this human smelt like. Does this human have a strong scent of nature? Based on the screen, he does have a strong aura of nature on him.

'I'll have to get a sniff of him when I get the chance.'

(No, Adite you should not do so.)

"Hmm?"

Cale realized that the Elves were starting to look at him more and more often. Most importantly, the young priestess started to scrunch her freckled nose as she stood there with her hands clasped together.

'... This is weird.'

Cale flinched after he started to realize something was weird.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaa-
It felt like there was a breeze. However, there was no actual breeze.
"...What is this?"

Cale became anxious.

"Oh, my! The elementals are coming." Adite yelled out in excitement. The elementals would love this man if he did have a strong scent of nature.

The people in the room looked towards the elf that shouted in excitement. The elementals are coming?

Why would they come to the young master?

One, two.
He could see many colorful and half-transparent Elemental.
That wasn't weird. This was the case at the Elf Village in the Ten Finger Mountains as well.

There were a lot of Elementals.
That wasn't weird either. The Elementals were born by the World Tree. This was their hometown.

"Elementals were born by the World Tree?"

"Yes, did you not play attention to your studies?"

"..."

"My studies? This is not written down in any of the textbooks I've read. This type of information is uncommon."

"Oh? I guess it's just me then."

"Yes, it is just you."

The issue was elsewhere.
Where were all of these numerous Elementals gathered?

"Around you, young master-nim! The elementals would love you, if you smelt like nature."

Adite yelled out, in excitement again.

"Wow!"

Hong shouted in admiration.

"There's so many of them!"

On was shocked as well.

Gasp.

Hong was the one who gasped.

"Noona, you're right! There are so many of them!"

On responded, just as shocked, "Yes, but what do they want with our Cale?"

"I'm not so sure."

All of the Elementals were by Cale's side.
Cale could see the Elementals flying around next to him. It sounded like they were saying something, but Cale could not understand any of it.

'It's amusing how Cale can later hear wind elementals.' Amelia thought, 'but his process of being able to, was not enjoyable. He, and the other people in this room will get shaken up once we get to that part.'

'I smell a strong scent of wind! It is covert, but noticeable!'
'This one is wood. Yes, the wood is small compared to the earth, wind, and other elements, but it is firm. I can feel that firmness! How wonderful!'
'Mm, I also smell the fragrance of very sweet water. I feel like it will draw me in.'

Alberu and Tasha made eye contact at that moment.

'My dear nephew, I'm curious. What does he smell like?'

'He's scent, auntie? I'm not so sure.'

'Whattt? But you're sitting right next to him. Quickly grab a quick sniff.'

'Huh?'

'Quickly, quickly! The dragon-nim is not looking at the moment.'

Alberu sighed, a pretty quiet sigh but still complied to his aunt's nonsense.

Sniff.

But too late, the dragon on Cale's lap saw everything. He looked speechless.

"You! Crown prince, what are you doing?"

Raon quickly put his paws on his human's leg to push him away from the crown prince. On and Hong didn't know what their youngest was doing but decided to join in.

"Youngest, what are you doing?"

"You two! Come quickly get human away from this man."

Cale looked confused as to why these children were trying to push him (they were able to) away from the crown prince. He looked towards the crown prince and he just gave him an awkward smile.

After the crown prince gave an awkward smile to the man and he quickly looked towards his aunt, he saw how she was trying to sniffle in a laugh.

'Haaaa, aunt, he does have the scent of nature.'

'...That's nice to know.'

And that's how Alberu Crossmen lost his dignity as the crown prince.

Because he sniffed someone.

The young priestess paid close attention to all of these comments. At that moment, something the Elementals said caught her attention.

'There is an aura of fire as well. Yes, fire is greedy. That is why it is pure and beautiful. He has a very natural aura of fire.'

A sea of fire.
That phrase echoed in the young priestess's mind. The priestess clasped her hands together and started to speak.

Adite sweat came back. The phase 'A sea of fire' also echoed in her mind.

"Are you the one who has come to deliver Eruhaben-nim's message?"

Cale was getting annoyed by the Elementals around him, but still did his best to smile and respond. However, Raon was faster than Cale.

"He is! Our human is a very good person! His name is Cale Henituse! His name is just kind of cool!"

The Elementals started to fly around Cale with even more energy.
Cale continued to smile toward Raon, who was stuck to his side, as well as the Elves who were looking at him.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Cale Henituse."

His respectful demeanor gave off the unique presence of a noble.
The slightly older Elves looked toward Cale with satisfied expressions.

"So proud, so proud." Deruth was close to tears, "I'm so proud of my son."

Deruth tapped Violan's shoulder, "Look! Look how our son came to be!" But all Violan did was slap his shoulder in response.

"Don't act so dramatic! All he did was say an introduction."

Deruth clamped his mouth shut and lowered his head after that was said by his wife but before he clamped his mouth Violan could hear another 'so proud, so proud.'

Oh my god.

The middle-aged Elf that had originally come to greet Cale stepped forward again.

"My name is Dickle, and I am the Chief's son."
"Nice to meet you."

Cale and Dickle shared a respectful greeting with each other.
The half-blooded Whale Paseton watched this with a blank expression. He heard a shaking voice by his side.

Witira snorted loudly, "Brother, you're also over there. It's not so surprising anymore." But why did the narration on the screen mention her brother's origins?

Paseton shook monetarily at the mention of his origins on the screen.

He felt there was no need for that.

"...What the..."
The Killer Whale Archie. Archie was completely shocked after seeing one of the most constant things in his life suddenly change.

Witira again snorted. Both Archie and Paseton are over there!

Paseton and Archie looked towards each other.

"I get why you're so shocked based on what we saw with the whole blowing up an island scene but why am I so shocked?" Anybody could tell Paseton had a certain amount of seriousness in his voice.

Archie manage to hold in his anger at Paseton's statement, "I don't know? You tell me." Archie clearly did not hear the amount of seriousness coming from Paseton's mouth.

Archie finally understood what Cale meant when he said that the Elves might cry after seeing Raon.

"Yes, most elves would worship us dragons." Mila nodded along with the statement on the screen, "It's beyond anything that you would think."

However, he still could not believe it.
Raon and the Elves. However, Cale being surrounded by the Elementals shocked him even more.

'Is he really human?'

He questioned that fact even though he knew that Cale was a human.

Cale had his mouth gaped.

Why is this whale thoughts about him not being human? No, why is he even questioning it?

Cale saw how the people in this room were glancing (side glances) his way and knew he had to say something. These people cannot get the wrong idea about him!

"I am indeed human."

Cale was a unique individual.

"Oh, boy!" Witira yelled out, "For our Archie to think that. Father is going to have the longest giggles with this one."

"Witira, you..."

The Eastern continent and the Western continent. Although humans were in control of these lands due to their numbers, there were many Beast people and other races within these continents.
It was odd to see a human getting along with so many different races.

Cale wanted to grab his hair in frustration.

He what? He gets along with many different races? Why is he traveling throughout both the Eastern and Western continent in the first place? But maybe he does know why, he just does not want to admit it deep down.

Many of the different races around the room started with their talks.

Gashan, from the Tiger tribe.

"I wonder if he would get along with my tribe and I. There's a possibility."

Fredo, a vampire.

"In any case, my future self probably made up a plan to work along with this gentlemen."

"Sir, he would probably have to know the existence of the Endable Kingdom."

"Yes, I'm aware. But they'll be working against that bastard. They can be a part of the kick-the-White-Star-out-of-Endable-Kingdom-and-let-him-die-in-agony plan."

"...Sir."

Lock, a member from the Blue Wolf Tribe.

"It wouldn't be surprising if young master-nim is getting along with other races. He gets along with my siblings and I!"

Rasheel and Mila, dragons.

"You think you'll meet him, Rasheel?"

"No? I won't meet that bastard. When I get out of here, I'll be in a deep slumber. I need my beauty sleep."

And many more.

Cale, who is unknown to all the talks around him, felt a shiver up his spine.

'Is someone talking about me?'

Archie heard Choi Han and Rosalyn's conversation at that moment.

"As expected of Cale-nim."
"Don't you think you say, 'as expected of Cale-nim,' way too much?"
"Am I wrong?"
"No, you're right. Young master Cale is unique. Very unique."

Choi Han and Rosalyn sounded very casual, making it sound like they were used to calling Cale unique.

Both Choi Han and Rosalyn approved with the statement of Cale being called 'unique'.

This man really is unique. Knowing all these kinds of races and being able to get along with all these type of races that are spread across the two continents.

Archie continued to look toward them until he made eye contact with Rosalyn.
Rosalyn's eyes opened wide before she realized what must be going through the Whale's mind and started to speak.

"Isn't it amazing how young master Cale gets along with everybody?"
"Yes."

Archie immediately answered.

"But isn't such treatment obvious after thinking about everything young master Cale has done so far around the continent?"

"It is obvious treatment, that's what I would say."

"That's also what I would say."

"So we were so surprise earlier because of how he gets treated by other races?" Archie pointed out.

Paseton nodded, "Yes, it would be shocking if does have such treatment."

"With all these races, of course."

Paseton, who had been listening to Rosalyn, let out a gasp.
The things Cale had done until now.
Rosalyn continued to speak.

"Young master Cale has done all of that but never asked for a title or anything of influence. Although he has received some monetary rewards, I do not think that they are worth more than his life."

Rosalyn knew that Cale was more strategic than brilliant. However, there was one reason she continued to believe that he was a good person.

"He's more strategic than brilliant?"

"So, it wouldn't be surprising if he became commander."

"..."

"..."

The both of them went into a raucous of laughter, even slapping their knees in the process.

"Who am I trying to joke around with! That would never happen."

"Yes, you scared me for a second there."

He was not greedy.

He likes money?
Greed for fame and power were worse than greed for money.
Why do merchants try to buy titles for themselves once they are overflowing with money? And why do kings of history who had enough money and power start useless wars?

There were many types of greed that were worse than the greed for money.
But Cale did not show any greed toward these things. In fact, he tried to avoid them.

"Of course I would avoid them. I'm just someone that wants to live a peaceful life."

The people who heard Cale's statement, confirmed what just showed on screen. They all had thoughts like 'That man really has no greed.' or 'He's doing so much for a peaceful life? How amazing.'

'He also doesn't use the money for his own selfish reasons.'

'Hmm.'

Cale started to think. Isn't Rosalyn misunderstanding things over here? I would like to think I do use my money for my own selfish reasons.

Rosalyn knew that the upgrades to the Henituse territory and all of their other actions had required a lot of Cale's own wealth.

"Ah, did the upgrades get done by this point?"

Deruth knew that he would have upgrades for his territory in the near future. He planned to have more in-depth protection within his territory. It would be great to know if the upgrades are done by this point.

There were times that Cale did use his money for himself.
But those times were to feed himself or to provide food and lodging for his group.

People in the room started to admire this man even more. He used all the money that is for himself to provide food and lodging for his group? And even more so that he is a man who  does not carry any greed with him.

It's hard to bring up his trashy reputation while knowing this.

'This is the type of person who should have money.'

She thought that someone like Cale, who knew when to use money for the greater good while being satisfied with eating simple fruits for himself, deserved to have money.
Rosalyn thought it would be okay for Cale to make more money, no, she believed Cale should make more money.

"That's right, that's right," Cale nodded his head with no hesitation, "I should have more money."

Rosalyn just hesitantly nodded her head because of the willingness this man had in making or having more money.

'...Magic Tower.'

She recalled the Magic Tower that Cale had brought up. Rosalyn had not declined when Cale offered to invest in the Magic Tower.

Although she could not understand the human mind, Cale's past actions made her feel like she could understand why Cale wanted to invest in the Magic Tower.

Rosalyn had to suppress the squeal that was bound to come out of her mouth. The her on the screen seems so confident (it's not like she's not confident in herself right now) that she would be able to have the Magic Tower position.

And also by the fact that the young master is willing to invest in the future Magic Tower.

'I need to create a Magic Tower that helps to make the world a better place.'

"This person truly has great ambitions."

"Yes, I hope she accomplishes them."

It needed to be a completely different Magic Tower than the one that used to stand in the Whipper Kingdom.

Toonka laughed.

A laugh that sounded either bloodthirsty or inhuman. You can't really differentiate between the two.

"I need to get rid of that thing and every living bastard who's associated with it."

Harol undoubtedly agreed with Toonka's statement. He has a deep hatred towards that magic tower and the very mages that live or work within it, after all. The citizens have dealt with enough of them being abused by these very mages. Seeing how these 'mages' could use their very own citizens as test subjects and get away with it. They have also raised the taxes, using the citizen's hard pay money for these exact experiments.

It comes with the belief of wanting every single mage to die. No exceptions.

Rosalyn made up her mind that she would create that type of Magic Tower and become the Tower Master.

Rosalyn is not so sure what happened to the Magic Tower in the Whipper Kingdom but it'll for sure be different than that tower because it seemed like something terrible was happening to that tower. (inside)

She will create a Magic Tower that will make the world a better place. And become the Tower Master when it is made.

Cale turned around at that moment and the two of them made eye contact.

At the same time, she realized that the Elves were looking in her direction as well.

Raon flew over toward Rosalyn and the rest. He then introduced each of them to the Elves.

"This is the smart Rosalyn. Over here is the strong Choi Han."

Both Rosalyn and Choi Han had small smiles planted on their faces. Raon is being undoubtedly adorable and is introducing them in such a way.

The Elves smiled brightly every time Raon said something.
Rosalyn shook hands with the Elves who reached their hands out first. It was the same with Choi Han and the Whales.

"We had only heard about the Whale-nims. It is my first time meeting one in person. You seem very reliable! Haha!"

The Killer Whale Archie just responded back with a smile and shook Dickle's hand after hearing Dickle praise him.
Even he was starting to accept the situation now.

"You like getting praised by others, huh?" Witira spoke out loud, pointing out the obvious. She aware that he does like compliments (he acts all cheeky) especially when it's by random people that does not know of him.

Archie turned away a bit embarrassed, "...No, I don't." He swears he does not!

Cale saw that his group was getting along with the Elves before calling out to the young priestess Adite.

"Priestess-nim."

He then flinched. He could see that the young girl had tears in her eyes and was looking at him as if he was a ticking time bomb. Cale became even more curious after seeing such an expression.

Adite here, did not have tears in her eyes but she was sweating bullets. But that does not change the fact that she does look at this man like he's a ticking time bomb.

"Priestess-nim, don't the Elves not have any desire for material goods?"

Cale pointed to the bag of coins and the gold in his arms. The priestess Adite responded back with a serious expression.

"The World Tree had told us to slowly gather coins since a long time ago. Although we should not get too obsessed with worldly possessions, it told us that it would be useful in the future."

Litana had a small smile planted on her face,

"The world tree taught them well."

"Yes, very much so."

The priestess smiled before informing Cale of the World Tree's message.

"The World Tree wishes to meet with you, Cale-nim."

Eruhaben felt curious and entertained.

"It's still intriguing to me that the World Tree would like to see this human."

"A shock? How would it be a shock?"

"As it was mentioned previously, the World Tree has not talked about a human for hundreds of years and the only 'being' it has talked to the last ten years is me."

Many people became shocked at the statement. So over the years it has not seen a human, the first human that it was interested in was the lout of the count's family?

Just who is he?

The World Tree had actually said to bring him over only if he accepted the coins and the gold, but Adite didn't feel the need to say that part.

Cale squinted his eyes on the wording on screen.

'Should I just not accept the coins in the future?'

Cale then shook his head. He was shaking his head to get rid of that thought.

"That sounds great. I want to meet World Tree-nim as well. Let us head there right away."

The priestess took the lead after hearing Cale's response.

"Just follow me."

The priestess felt Raon and Cale following behind her as she listened to the Elementals.

'He is imperfectly perfect and strongly weak. How interesting.'

Elementals usually only became interested in Elementalists. However, these Elementals were currently showing interest in a human.

"What even is an elementalist?"

"I believe they are people or beings who can see and handle elementals."

"Then, that girl on the screen must be an elementalist."

"She is, I don't know if she identifies as a one."

The priestess Adite started to walk a little faster. Cale quickened his pace to keep up with her as they headed to meet with the World Tree.

He then put on an odd expression.
'It looks so ... normal.'

He could see an old Needle Leaf tree that you could find on any mountain.

Everyone's jaw in the room dropped. (Everyone's jaw dropped)

Before coming into this room, they thought the World Tree was an existence that was only a legend. They conceived the idea that the World Tree was an existence that did not exist anymore. So now knowing that the World Tree is an existence that is still living until this period, they had high expectations of what the World Tree would look like.

This must be the fastest way you could lower anyone's expectations.

"This is the World Tree-nim."

"Mother, the trees we have planted are better than this."

"Dodori, shush."

Mila started to scold her son about how things might look different than they seem.

The priestess pointed to the commonly seen tree in front of him.
Cale was shocked at this.

The tree was at least three times taller than he was, but it was still similar to the trees found in the Forest of Darkness. In fact, the white tree that he had seen after receiving the Indestructible Shield seemed to be more magical.

"T—The white tree after receiving?" Deruth already had his suspicions, "So our son did have something to do with how that tree suddenly changed."

Violan, too, had her suspicions. He must've done something so it changed for good.

'...The other trees around it look more like they could be the World Tree.'

"Maybe it's for the visual representation, young master-nim?" Hans stated, not so sure about it himself.

The trees surrounding the World Tree as if they were protecting it were all tall and blue.

"Ah, it's for protection."

"Were you shocked by how the World Tree-nim looks?"

The priestess started to speak as if she had expected Cale's reaction.
Even the Elves had been shocked at the World Tree's appearance when they had first seen it.

"I think anyone would be shocked," Hannah still could not fathom this whole situation, "Like that twig is the World Tree?"

"Hannah!" Jack was in scold mode, "Don't say something like that for such an existence."

"What? It's the truth, isn't it?"

"No, it's not." Jack started to shake his head.

"Goodness."

Cale looked around for a bit before saying whatever came to his mind.

"Just like how there may be precious things in things we only glance at, the truth may be hidden in an average appearance."
"...As I expected."

"Ah, that really does make sense,"

Tasha nodded to herself. It would make sense if the tree looked more 'average' to hide the real truth behind its 'average' or 'fake' appearance from others.

The priestess who had calmed herself down on the way to the World Tree agreed with Cale's sentiments.

Cale did not care about her reaction as he looked around the area where only he, Raon, the young priestess, and the World Tree were currently present.

It was at that moment.

Shhhhhhh-
The leaves on the trees started to shake even though there was no wind.

"Cale-nim!"

The priestess then called out to Cale.
Cale could see a blue light surrounding Adite. It was the same color as the token from earlier.

On the other hand, Adite could not hide her shock while looking toward Cale.

Adite, too, could not hide her shock.

There's only one meaning as to why the tree would shake and lighten up like that. That the World Tree would like to have a conversation with him.

"The World Tree wants to have an exchange with this human?"

Eruhaben could not hide his amusement.

The World Tree not only wants to see him but also wants to have a conversation with him?

It truly is amusing.

"The World Tree, the World Tree-nim wishes to speak with Cale-nim."
"It wishes to speak with me?"
"Yes."

The priestess was shocked.
Eruhaben had been the only one the World Tree had personally spoken with until now.

Many people around the room could not hide their own shock as well.

It's known that this 'Eruhaben' is a dragon. And for the being after this dragon to talk to the World Tree personally to be human is shocking.

She then looked toward Raon.

"The World Tree-nim wishes to speak with Raon-nim in the future when you can spend a long time together."
"Alright, I got it! Nice to meet you, World Tree!"

Raon wings fluttered, "Human, look! The world tree wants to talk to me!" I get to talk to the World Tree?

How exciting is that!

Cale subconsciously started to pat Raon's head, "That's nice." And Raon responded with a 'it is nice human!'

Shhhhhhh-
The leaves rustled as if they were responding to Raon's greeting. Raon seemed to be happy as he started to roll around on the grass.

"This place is very refreshing and warm. I like this place the most after our house!"

Adite started to smile. For this dragon to say that this area is the 'liked the most after our house' is very appreciative. A home can be very special to someone and he stated that he liked this place the most after their house.

Cale smiled at Raon's comment before asking the priestess.

"How do I chat with the World Tree?"
"Just close your eyes and make contact with the World Tree."
The priestess pointed to the trunk of the World Tree and Cale walked toward it without any hesitation. He then put his palm on the pillar as the priestess had instructed.

Shhhhhhh-
The trees started to move again.
The priestess observed the World Tree with wariness in her heart.

'I can't believe a human turned the usually calm World Tree-nim so nervous.'

Alberu glanced at Cale, "I feel like this person could make many turn nervous." After seeing the person next to him just shrugging his shoulders, it might just be right.

It might just be right because he made even the World Tree so nervous of him.

She was curious about the conversation Cale would have with the World Tree, but found the whole scene to be surprising. Of course, the priestess's gaze became deeper as she looked at the red-haired man.

'Hmm?'

She could see Cale flinching at that moment.
The man who had his eyes closed was frowning.

Cale was listening to the World Tree's voice at that moment.

– I didn't expect for another human to earn the power of that lunatic arsonist.

Arsonist.
It had to be talking about the Fire of Destruction.

"Fire of Destruction?"

"Ah, I must've picked up another ancient power."

Everyone's jaw dropped again. This person. Is this person even human? Why does he have another ancient power?

How could he be so lucky?

This should be the last one, right?

...Right?

– But you received the full power, and even fortified it. Cale, you are amazing as well.

Bud freaked.

This person not only has multiple ancient powers but he's able to strengthen it? Doesn't ancient powers say at the exact same effectiveness the moment it gets inside your body? How is fortifying it even possible?

Glenn who saw Bud freaking out like a maniac whacked his head for acting in such a way.

Bud now has a big bump on his head, crying fake tears.

'I fortified it?'
Cale thought about the, 'Vitality of the Heart,' before becoming weirded out by the World Tree.

'Cale, you are amazing as well.'

'...It is too friendly.'
The World Tree was treating Cale in a very friendly way.
It was so friendly that it was suspicious.

"Maybe the world tree just wants to be friendly young master-nim."

Hans, who is sitting next to Hilsman, couldn't help but agree. They then sensed someone's stare.

It was the young master.

They both shivered reminiscing about the young master's trashy personality and reputation.

Cale over here, is just blanking out wondering when this would be over.

The World Tree continued to speak.

– I have seen many heroes in my lifetime, but I have never seen such a crazy hero who didn't care about anything else other than money.

'Hero...?'

On the mention of hero, Dodori started to reminisce (it's not has he forgotten, he'll always remember his o so great idol in his heart) the Guardian Knight of Boulder Mountain. The o so great hero who made him realize the magnificence of the power of the boulder.

This person might just be the new o so hero he is looking for! I must watch to see if this man would be deemed worthy.

Dodori's eyes started to sparkle. Sparkle with all types of emotions.

The voice that sounded like a benign old woman was gentle.

– A hero whose life goal was to be rich. I had died and reincarnated many times, but I almost burned to death because of that hero.

The World Tree sounded slightly relieved.

– That is why I collected money. This was my way to ensure my own longevity.

"Ah, so young master Cale's ancient power made the world tree this nervous." Cage questioned.

Taylor nodded, "Yes, I think he, himself, also made this tree nervous."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

Both Cage and Taylor's palms started to sweat.

"I think the young master-nim is making everyone nervous."

"Yeah, he is."

It then continued to speak.

– Anyway, I had no idea that you had earned that power, Cale. I was so shocked. I had sent Adite with money just in case the power of fire went wild.

Cale felt something was off as he continued to listen to the World Tree.

'Does it know me?'

It was speaking as if it knew Cale.

Many were feeling confused.

Yes, the World Tree would most probably know you. Know you as in your identity and who you are. They are the World tree for a reason.

Or did it have some deeper meaning to this?

They might be overthinking this.

Cale opened his mouth to ask if the World Tree knew him. It was at that moment.

– Is Gashan well?

'Gashan? The Tiger shaman Gashan?'

Cale suddenly got the chills.

"Hm, the tree asked about me?" Gashan felt confused. Why would this powerful existence ask about a young man like myself?

'Perhaps. Is the nature that Gashan always talks about?'

Gashan's confused turn in realization.

The nature that talks to him, is the World Tree itself? Something he would have never expected. That the World Tree was talking to him this whole entire time.

Hm, it also seemed like he did meet the young master before.

Gashan frequently said that, 'nature has spoken.'
The World Tree continued to speak.

– Gashan was an interesting child who could hear my voice.

"Gashan?"

"That is I,"

"You're a shaman?"

"Yes."

'Wow.'
Cale was amazed.
He was also shocked.

'Does that mean that the World Tree has the power of foresight?'

Many others were shocked as well.

The World Tree's existence is much more powerful than they thought. It even has the power of foresight. It has the power of telling the future.

Adite nodded her head being all proud because people are starting to realize how much of an existence the World Tree is. But one thing she is concerned about is the wrong people getting this information about the World Tree. She must talk to the host after this to make sure the information would not get into the wrong hands.

Yes, Adite was correct.

Why is she correct?

Because White Star and all of his little santa works were rubbing their hands together and cackling like villains.

The voice no longer sounded benign. Cale felt chills down his back once again.

– Cale.

The World Tree asked.

– Who are you?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh-
The leaves started to rustle.

Numerous were about to start speaking up about the suspense scene but they heard the host rambling on about something, so they decided to listen to her and her rambling.

The room was silent.

And the only person you could hear was the host.

"It really is amusing if you think about it, many other ask him the 'who are you' question besides the World Tree."

People looked at the person next them for support. Many others?

"I wonder if I could remember some of them..."

People seated started to lean forward it was as if to hear what the suppose host was going to talk about.

"...Alberu Crossmen was one of them..."

Alberu's eyebrow twitched. He was one of them who asked that question?

"...That White slob..."

White Star started to have riled up anger in his o so heart. Is this lady going to call him by one of her so-called nicknames everytime she speaks of him?

The buffoonery of this lady.

"...Ah, and I can't forget about that one emo god."

Amelia finally looked around to see everyone looking at her with their jaws dropped to the floor. Eyes wide like saucers. Some people clenching their heads like they couldn't believe what was just stated. She covered her mouth with her hands, gasping. She didn't know everyone was listening to her.

[Amelia, you...!]

Oops, Amelia messed up.

*********

Hello!

Someone requested that I should show the whole Mary, Jack, and Hannah situation after the World Tree. (So after next chapter)

So, Would you guy rather see the adventure to the Dark elf village (Alberu identity as one will be revealed), and the whole Jack/Hannah situation with the dead mana poisoning.

Litana stuff will, too be revealed. So it'll be long.

^ there will probably not be any Wikipedia for them. Maybe Jack or Mary, though.

Or the elf village being attacked. (most of what happened in the elf village already revealed itself in this chapter)

^ If I don't show it now, it will not be shown at all. Or maybe I'll show it when I show the whole fake tree situation. Like bits and pieces.

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
155K 11.7K 61
Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and Eastern Continent. All thanks to a single...
301K 16.8K 34
[FANFICTION] Synopsis: What if the original characters from 'The Birth of a Hero' meet the current characters from 'Trash of the Count's Family?' Di...
10K 676 5
The S-Class that I Raised x Trash of the Count's Family Fanfiction Crossover . . . Getting a chance to live in peace (maybe), after dying in the last...