Aaron

Oleh HollyHanson5

At the age of 16, Thea Woods and her family were victims of a home invasion gone wrong. Her parents and siste... Lebih Banyak

***
1- Thea
2- Crime scene
3- A special assignment
4- I'll track him down
5- Aaron
6- Poker
7- Confusing feelings
9- We need to talk
10- Working together
11- Tension
12- Daddy
13- Charity Golf and dinner
14- Settling an argument
15- Crossing a line
16- It's just the beginning
17- You aren't what I expected
18- The vault
19- His Guest
20- Thanksgiving
21- Getting to know each other better
22- More deaths
23- Christmas
24- A Picture
25- An unsettling message
26- I kinda like you
27- You don't have a choice
28- A guessing game
29- Life and Death
30- You owe me a new couch
31- I'm in charge tonight
32- The Ball
33- I can't lose you too
34- Forever
35- Wedding planning
36- Until death do us part
37- Change of plans
38- Ending it all
39- The End
📚

8- A lead

1.7K 80 23
Oleh HollyHanson5

Aaron's P.O.V.

I laid in bed, thinking about that brown eyed beauty. She lit something inside of me last night that I didn't know existed  anymore.

Ever since my wife's death, eighteen years ago, I went numb… My wife was my world and she was ripped away from me way too soon.

Then I kissed Thea and that seemed to change.

I groaned as I got out of bed, knowing nothing would ever happen between Thea and I. She was a Detective for fuck sakes who worked her ass off to put people like me away.

After my shower I went into the kitchen, started the coffee pot and sat down at the table, reading over Thea Woods file while the coffee brewed.

God she was beautiful.

"Hey." Silas said in a groggy voice as he walked into the kitchen.

"Fuck… you look like shit!" I said honestly.

"I feel like shit! Allergies are so bad right now."

He went over to the fridge and grabbed Sofia's frozen gel mask out of the freezer, some medicine from the counter, poured himself a cup of coffee and came over and sat down by me.

I stood up, "I'll get my own coffee, thanks though."

He flicked me off and popped the pills into his mouth.

I poured my cup and headed back over to the table to see Silas flipping through the papers on Thea.

"Damn!" He groaned.

I rolled my eyes as he studied her picture.

"Why did you have a full blown report drawn up on this chick?"

"She asked about Dale. I need to know her story."

He narrowed his eyes at me, before rolling them, "Mhmm." He scooted the folder back at me and leaned back, putting the mask on his face.

He wasn't stupid… or blind.

"Hey." Sofia said, coming into the kitchen with Derek and Noah. She started laughing and kissed Silas' cheek, "Uncle Si, did you drink too much last night?"

"Allergies."

She smiled and came over to me, "Morning, Dad."

"Hi sweetheart."

"Who's this?" She asked, picking up Thea's file.

"That's the chick that kicked your dad's ass in poker last night." Derek chuckled.

I turned towards him, "she got lucky."

Derek sat down next to Noah, giving him his cereal. "How did the meeting with her go last night?"

"Fine. She's just looking into Dale Coleman's death. Is everything all set with Adrik tonight?"

Derek nodded, confirming what I was hoping.

"Her whole family died when she was sixteen. That's terrible."

"It is." Silas sat up. "I have a feeling that's why she's so tough. She wasn't scared of your father at all. She had a pair of balls to walk straight up to him and tell him if he had anything to do with Coleman's death she'd take him down. Keep in mind we were in an alley, surrounded by me and a few others."

Sofia smiled as if she was impressed.

"Or she sees how sweet you all really are. Do you think Coleman said your name to help her with something?" Sofia asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. All the cases I helped him with have been years ago and fully taken care of but I have Trigg looking into it." I got up, I needed to talk to Thea again because this whole thing had me on edge.

"Where are you going, Grandpa?" Noah asked.

"I'll be back. I need to make a phone call."

I went out on the patio and took out my phone, dialing her number…

"Detective Woods."

God, even her voice made me smile.

"Hello, Beautiful."

*********

Thea's P.O.V.

I was currently sitting at my desk, looking through more case files. I couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't shut my brain off, resulting in walking into the office at 5am.

Victoria and Dales cases swirled around in my mind and when I was getting close to falling asleep, I saw those hazel eyes of Aaron Hale looking back at me.

"Here, hun." Maggie said, handing me a big cup of coffee.

"Oh my God. I love you, I love you, I love you."

She started laughing as I took a small sip. "You're welcome. I didn't figure you had any yet since no coffee shop in this area opens until 6am. Hopefully this will clear all of our heads today."

"I hope so. I really do appreciate this Mags."

She sat down in front of my desk. "Soooo… how was it last night? As soon as I got here I heard how you beat Aaron Hale in poker? How exciting."

I smiled at the memory and then the memory of him pinning me up against the wall.

I rubbed my eyes and smiled over at her. "I know I have the most boring life ever… but that was probably the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me."

"What's Aaron like?"

You mean besides an incredible kisser? I'll leave that part out.

"Quiet?"

"Quiet?" She repeated, almost bored.

"Yeah."

"That's seriously all you have for me? He's one of the most dangerous men in the world and all you have to say is 'quiet'. How boring."

"I'm sorry." I shrugged my shoulders. "I have a bad feeling I'm going to get in big trouble today."

"Why?"

"Ummm, because I was given strict instructions by Briggs not to talk to Aaron about Coleman's death and… I kind of did."

She scooted closer. "What?"

"He sat next to me after the game and we kind of talked and it came out. How could I not?"

"What did he say about Coleman?"

"Nothing really. I didn't ask a lot because I didn't have time but I know he knows something."

My desk phone started ringing.

"I'll be back over later. This isn't over. I better get to work anyway."

I waved her goodbye and picked up my phone, "Detective Woods."

"Hello beautiful."

My eyes widened, "Aaron?" I whispered.

"Miss me?"

"Hardly. What can I do for you?"

"I can't stop thinking about that kiss."

I looked around, seeing if anyone was close. "Please stop. We are never going to talk about that again. We both know it was to throw the people off at the club."

"And what about the Alley?"

I don't know what the hell is happening right now, so I'm just going to ignore it.

"How did you get this number?"

"I have my ways Ms. Woods."

"Then what can I help you with?"

"Have you found out anything about Judge Coleman's death yet?"

"No. I don't suppose you can tell me anything?"

"Unfortunately not yet but I promise you if I hear anything, you will be the first one I call."

"Then is there anything else because I'm extremely busy."

"No…" there was a slight pause, "I'm sorry, Thea. I have another call coming in that I have to take. I'll talk to you later."

"Hello?"

Nothing.

I hung up my phone and got back to work.

A few hours later, I yawned and was about to get another cup of coffee when my heart skipped a few beats.

"What?"

It was the Alvaro de La Cruz case. He was the drug mule in Spain and was being held in a maximum security location in Colorado until just last year when he was murdered inside the prison. Not only was he known for his drugs but prostitution, trafficking, weapons, money laundering and the list goes on.

Edward Hall was the arresting officer.

"Holy shit."

I grabbed the files and hurried over to Briggs office. He was on the phone with someone when I knocked but motioned for me to come in and sit.

"Alright, get that for me as soon as you can. Thank you." Briggs hung up the phone. "Hey, what's up, Thea?"

"I think I found something."

I laid the folder down on his desk. "What do you know about the Alvaro de La Cruz case?"

"I remember when he was caught-"

I nodded. "Victoria was the prosecutor, Dale was the Judge and look…" I pointed to another name, "Edward Hall was the arresting officer. What if his death wasn't just a drive-by shooting. What if this is all because of this case?"

"Come with me. Grab everything on this case."

I picked up the folder and followed Briggs to the elevators to Captain Gray's floor. We walked down the hall, seeing Gray coming towards us.

"Briggs? Thea? What brings you here?"

"Thea found something." Briggs said.

Gray looked over at me. "Alright, come with me." He turned back around and we followed him into his office. "What's up?"

"I think Victoria and Dale's murder has something to do with Alvaro de La Cruz." I opened the folder and pointed to Edward Hall's name. "What are the chances three people related to this case died in the same week?"

He ran his hand over his face, resting on his jaw.

"So that means, everyone that had anything to do with this case could be in danger?"

He nodded, confirming what I was thinking. "It's very possible. I don't know who would do this though?"

Briggs and Gray exchanged a look. 

"Good work, Thea. You've been working your ass off on this case. It's just a little more than some homicide case now but if you still want it, it's yours." Briggs offered.

"I do."

Gray smiled, "Okay. We'll get your stuff moved over here. I have to warn you though, this could get very dangerous… we don't know who or why someone is doing this."

"I understand. Is Justin or Dylan in danger?"

"No, there's no reason for them to be. After John Ruzek died, they both took time off. Alvaro was taken care of more privately."

John Ruzek was the last case Dylan worked on before Dylan 'quit'. Dylan saved his now wife from, John; her abusive husband, who she was on the run from. John was another character. He ran a local gang in New York and trafficked a bunch of women in and out of the States and John's last buyer was Alvaro, so I knew exactly who Gray was referring to when he said 'privately.'

"Let me guess… Aaron Hale?"

Gray looked at me, "Yes."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Hezron Oleh Aeri

Fiksi Remaja

107 5 9
"W..What-?" I gasp when his hand grab my arm twisting it behind my back and pulling me closer to his body, pressing our bodies together. My breath hi...
7.7K 297 22
Book Four: Ava Morales has spent her life living for others, working hard towards her medical degree, and wearing her heart on her sleeve. When she f...
77.7K 2.1K 36
•••• 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐨 Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...
592K 12.5K 56
"Let me pleasure you, let me apologise for all the dastardly sins I have committed." I smiled knowingly. "Are you sure? Because there's a lot." Grin...