If I had met you in grey

By Divergent_obsessed46

This story is about Tris and Tobias! This story is about what if they met and fell in love in abnegation. The... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Authors note!
Chapter 38
Authors note!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Quick a/n
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Important Author's Note
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Final Author's Note
New story up!!!

Chapter 81

2.3K 109 11
By Divergent_obsessed46

Tobias POV

I said goodbye to tris after breakfast, she asked once again if I was sure I wanted to go alone. I would've liked her to come but I know my mother doesn't particularly like her, and as much as tris tries to hide it, she doesn't like her either. And the things I'd like to discuss with my mother are better done just between the two of us. I'm walking through the factionless sector, and I'm still flabbergasted at this place. Although I've been here many times now, it's still impressive for people who don't have much, or so it would seem.

"Tobias! What brings you by?" Evelyn asks as she opens the door for me. She looks behind me, probably to see if tris is with me. "I wanted to talk with you." I tell her. She lets me in, we go to the kitchen again and take a seat at the table. The table has a dark red table cloth spread out over it and the chairs are wobbly wooden. "What would you like to discuss?" She asks using a kind voice, instead of the voice she used when I was here with tris. "Its not about that girl is it?" My mother asks. My hands clench underneath the table and luckily she doesn't notice.

I open my mouth to say something but of course she goes ahead and speaks before I get the chance. "I heard that you beat up your father?" She asks. "I wouldn't really call him that but yes. I did." I answer. She smirks and chuckles lightly. "I can understand why you wouldn't want to call him that." "Just like I wouldn't want to call you mother." I say leaning back in my chair, arms crossed in front of my chest.

"And why would that be Tobias?" She asks softly. "Because you were hardly a mother." I tell her, she scoffs at that. "How so?" She asks. Its a trap, trick question, yet I still answer.

"You left me. Abandoned me, and not to mention leaving me with a monster!" I say, my voice getting louder as the words come out. Her mouth opens but now it's me cutting her off. "You only cared about saving yourself. You didn't even think of your own child." Her eyes close for a second but reopen without any new emotion. "He hurt me, and hurt me. Your own son, being beaten by his own father. His own blood. And when you had the chance to leave, to escape. You never looked back nor did you bring your son along." I say.

I'm quite surprised that I'm not yelling or ripping her head off. "Tobias.. you don't understand-" "I guess I don't. I cant comprehend how you could just leave me, there to get tortured and now..." I begin laughing lightly. "And now you want to begin again. Have this great relationship, after leaving me!"

Now... Now I'm standing. Now the chair has been thrown onto the floor, now I'm yelling. "Tobias listen to me. I'm sorry. Really truly I am. But you have to forgive me." She says as if it is nothing. Nothing to forgive her, to forgive the pain she caused me, the pain I was left to endure.

"No. No, I cant. You see this as an opportunity that will benefit you, not me. I've lived most of my life without you, what's the difference now??" I say. The only thing I did that she asked was calm down.. A little. She stays silent but doesn't move her eyes off me, I know she wants to say something, but for the first time she's speechless, unsure of what to say. I go pick the chair back up, put it back at the table, and take one last look at her. Then I turn, and walk out. Never turning back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 2.2K 55
What happens when one lover forgets, while the other is desperate for them to remember. True love lasts forever. But what if it doesn't? Tris surv...
615K 13.3K 67
Tris and Tobias [Four] push the boundaries of their relationship as it grows in a spin-off of Divergent where the Erudite never created the injection...
58K 1.8K 42
Summary: Tobias is devastated when Tris, the love of his life, dies the day the memory serum is released at the bureau. In his grief, he attempt...
82.1K 1.2K 32
~completed~ No war. No problems right? A year after Tris' initiation, Tobias and her live together happily. Everyone is happy. A few complications h...