Does It Have To Be This Way?

By HaleyyP

"Does It have to be this way?" I asked Caius as he touched my side. "Yes for now, itll be different soon. It... More

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

Two

721 15 1
By HaleyyP

Caius POV

I left a path of destruction all the way down to Lake Como. Bodies down in every ally and every corner of every street.  For once I didnt care if someone knew my existence. If someone caught me. Good. Ill be dead and then I will be with Athenadora.

I brought my hand up feeling the ring that was on my necklace. "Why did you have to leave me so soon? Our forever was barely starting," I said.

I had found Athenadora when she was sitting at the bench at this lake. She was bruised and bleeding. Her previous spouse had hurt her after founding out she had a miscarriage.

I smelt the blood. It was so sweet. It would be an easy victim. Easy to hide. No one was around and it was late at night. 

She was crying? Her cheek was bruised and bleeding along with her neck. It was as someone began to cut her neck. I then noticed blood on her night gown as well in the lower region . She began to cough hard. She put up a grag to her mouth as she up blood.

Ill put her out of misery. Its the least I could do.

I approached her carefully. "Leave me alone Richard," she yelled then let out another cough. She didnt look at me.

"Im not him," I said reaching her touching her arm.

She flinched away immediately hitting my hand.

"Hey... hey, Im not the person who hurt you," I said moving to the ground and wanting to make myself less intimidating.

"You're just another person Richard sent to drag me back there," she pushed my arm away trying to shove me down.

"Look at me. Im not," I said gently touching her hands. "What happened?"

"Why would you care! Just leave me alone!!" She yelled at me. "Theres nothing you can do to help. Understand?"

"Because Im a proper gentleman," I said.

She scoffed. "So was my husband," she said.

"He was not a proper gentlemen if he hurt you," I replied.

"You wouldve done the same," she sighs coughing up some more blood.

I opened my mouth to speak, to offer to take her to the hospital. But she would be dead soon enough. "I wouldnt ever hurt a woman. But I would hurt someone who does this to a pretty lady," I said quickly hoping it didnt look like I was hesitant to answer. "What is your name?"

"A-Athenadora," she whispered and stayed quiet.

"Im not pretty anymore," she looked down.

I touched her chin gently gently making her look at me. "My name is Caius," I said touching her cheek then. "You're beautiful. Now tell me what happened,"

"I was carrying a child," She whispered. I was in the middle of cooking and then there was blood. A lot," she said looking down at her nightgown looking at all the blood that stained the white fabric. She took a deep breath and coughed again more blood coming out each time she coughed.

"And he hurt you for it?"

"Yes," she whispered. "At first he was upset but then was angry blaming me for it, yet again he was drunk as well,"

"It was not your fault," I took her hand. "Being drunk its not an excuse to hurt you,"

"Try telling him that," she took a breath and tears fell from her eyes. "Then he began to hit me, and I wouldnt stop. I was on the floor. It wouldnt stop. The kicking. The pain. Everything," she let out a sob.

I got up and sat to her next to her on the bench putting my arm around her.

"He grabbed a knife and cut me. I barely managed to get away. Then I ran and I didnt stop." She cried.

"Itll be ok," I told her and sighed. "Ill make the pain go away," I whispered.

"How can you possibly do that?" She asked.

"I just can." I said. I gently pulled her onto my lap. "Ill make your pain go away. Hide your head little one," I said.

She let out another cough but listened. I took a slow breath and rubbed her back gently as I bit down on her neck. I was as gentle as I possibly could.

She let out a gasp which followed by a cough but her body relaxed against mine.

I continued to feed from her.

"Stop. Im dizzy," she whispered trying to push away.

I held her close not letting her leave rubbing her back to try to calm her.

"Stop. I cant... Im too..." she struggled to find words. I knew she would pass in a matter of moments.

Then Athenadora completely relaxed her grip loosening on me. "Youre killing me," she said quietly barely conscious.

I pulled away for just a brief second to answer her question. I moved her away slightly so I could look at her face once more.  "Yes my lady," I said in a soothing tone. I touched her hair gently. She looked up at me fresh tears in her eyes. "Dont be scared. It wont hurt I promise, just relax. Its almost over. All your pain will be gone," she closed her eyes and nodded and rested he head against me closing her eyes. I bit down once more. I continued to rub her back wanting her to stay calm.

"Thank you. For taking the pain away," she whispered before losing consciousness.

Her heart slowed as her I was nearly finished.

Right before he heart stopped I pulled off.

"No," I whispered. "You deserve a second chance at life. I'll be that person who loves and cares for you. I promise to never hurt you young one," I said. "And I'm sorry for this," I said before I bit once more letting my venom spread.

I picked up her lifeless body hoping I wasn't too late as she laid so still. I carried her to my house and laid her down in the bed.

Her heart started to speed up. I made it in time. "Just breathe my little one. I'm right here," I said. I undressed her and put her in a new night gown that I had around the house from my last person I fed from. I cleaned her body up taking rags and cleaning off all the blood that covered her body.

I saw the discomfort that was on her face but she didn't wake up. I sat beside her pulling her onto his lap. "I'll be here the entire time," I said.

Three long days passed, she remained still the entire three days. I could tell the transformation was nearly over when her heart once slowed. I touched her cheek. "Its almost over," I told her. Within minutes her heart stopped beating for the final time. She stayed still for another few minutes. Did I fail at turning her?

"Wake up Athernadora," whispered. 

She was completely still.

I was to late.

"Im so sorry I didnt get yout in time," I whispered kissing her head. Then her eyes fluttered open

"Athenadora!" I gasped looking down.

"W-what happened. Where am I?"  She sat up fear in her eyes.

"Calm darling, you are safe," I said.

"Is this the afterlife?" She asked. "Are you my angel that brought me up to heaven? I thought it would be more angelic. He told me I was going to hell,"

I couldnt help but chuckle. "No my dear, I gave you a second chance at life, what do you last remember?"

She stared at me for a bit. "I... I remember sitting at a park bench. Bleeding and probably dying then you showed up. You showed me kindness and compassion. You... you said you would take my pain away." She said looking at the wall. "I remember a bite. I remember being scared. But it was painless. Completely painless. The last thing I remember was thanking you," She said looking at me.

"Do you remember your transformation at all?"

"Transformation?"

"Youve changed, youre not human anymore,"

"Not human?" She asked.

I took her hand. "Youre a vampire now. I gave you a second chance at life. With me," I said.

"W-with you?"

"Yes with me," I said.

Then she hugged me tightly and I smiled. "Thank you. You are my angel," She said.

Suddenly I was pulled out of my flashback hearing a branch crack. I turned quickly wiping my eyes. Seeing a man with jet black hair. He was my kind. A vampire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 113 16
Four months ago, Caius had no choice but to have his wife Athenodora executed. She had run away with Amara, one of the Volturi Guard, and Caius knew...
16.8K 348 20
"Okay, come on. We're both adults here. We can tell people we're...together." - Jake. Permanent. Like Sharpies. That's what they were looking at now...
10.7K 163 17
When Caius Volturi meets his match. Caius always wanted a woman that will probably be a copy of him or at least someone who doesn't bow at the least...
32.7K 1.1K 15
"His fingers scraped like frostbite against your skin, frigid and chilling. You were almost tempted to look and see if the places he touched had gone...