Encanto (Journey to the past)

By BiancaGradaille

Mirabel's ceremony was sad for several reasons but there was one reason that everyone choose not to talk abou... More

The second ceremony
About Ten-Eleven years ago
Songs for the story: NC
Character info
Dinner tensions again
The triplets
Mica vs Abuela
Quinceañera y Quinceañeros
Quinceañera y Quinceañeros part 2
Learning more
La Familia Sánchez
New visitors
Sleepover
Breakfast
The new generation(not a chapter)
Making plans and meeting the village
Talks and saying adiós
A song from the heart
We're on our way
Train rides and Stories
Journey to the past
Isa, Dolores and Luisa song
Tough calls and explanations
Reunited
Catching Up
Meet the rest
NAC: Boarding house residents
Preparing for more Drama
Reunions part 2(Can't this family have one quiet dinner)
A New Miracle
Hang in there baby
Dia De Los Padres
Parents day Part 2
Out on the town
Javier's Journal pt 1
Journal pt 2
The Jungle pt. 1
Jungle pt. 2
The End or is it?

Present (After casita fell)

228 4 1
By BiancaGradaille

September 195X

Mirabel's P.O.V.

It's been months since Casita crumbled, I finally had my overdue talk with Abuela, along with Tío Bruno returning to the family, and things have never been better.

A young girl, with glasses, is working on a white dress. A look of focus is visible on her face. 'Hola, my name is Mirabel Madrigal and this is the story of how I...'

"Mirabel time for breakfast!" Mí Tía shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" I pause my work, head out of my room and rush down the steps to join my family at the table. "Morning Abuelo!"

"Buenos días everyone!" I greeted as I approached the table, "Morning Mirabel!" they said as I sat down at the table with them.

Ever since Casita was rebuilt my family has grown and no I don't mean new babies. After my Abuela realized her mistakes and apologized we were all able to move forward and heal. Which has allowed us to grow into better versions of ourselves. Luisa is more relaxed and has time for hobbies. My relationship with Isabella has gotten better since she stopped trying to be perfect for Abuela. Dolores is happily dating Mariano, they're so in love, and the best part is they had time to get to know each other. I can't wait for the wedding. Cause knowing Mariano he's probably ready to pop the question.

Camilo is still Camilo but he has matured as well. "Camilo stop shapeshifting to get seconds you're not fooling anyone," said Tío Felix to Camilo who is shaped as Isabella, "Still worth it," he said as he shifted back to himself as Casita's shutters hit him, "All right I'll ask next time. Kill joy."

More or less. My tía Pepa has calmed down as well which you can tell by the rainbows outside Casita. My Tío Félix is glad to see her more content with herself. My Abuela Alma has eased up which is great because Antonio can now have more time to explore his new gift. Don't get me wrong she still runs the show but not as strictly as before. Besides she's been busy making up for lost time with tío Bruno since he came back. The town is still weary of him but not as bad as before it's more like they're trying to avoid saying something important. My mom is still healing people but only with serious injuries and my dad helps to deliver the food to people so my mom can relax at home. Of course, we all pitch in to help with the deliveries since we all move around the town. 🤭

We even began taking turns on who cooks so Mama can have a break. Some of us are pretty good at it. Others could work on it.

As we are all enjoying our food Abuela taps her glass to gather everyone's attention, "Thank you. Now does anyone have any plans for today?" she said with a calm demeanor and an excited smile. We may not have impossible expectations anymore but we still have jobs to help our community. Still, it's nice she's including other topics in the conversation. Everyone answered her and unlike in previous meals they were more excited and honest with sharing.

After Pepa and Isabella help with the crops, they're going to help Dolores prepare for the Guzman's visit. Luisa's strength isn't needed today for anything but will walk around town to see if something comes up and then head to her book club. Papa and Mama will make deliveries and I'll be helping tío Bruno & Camilo babysit. The kids in town really like his rat shows. Who knew? I thought. Félix and Antonio we'll be trailing along the vet to help the animals. Then Tónito is going to play with his friends when he's done.

"Excellent just remember to arrive on time for Dolores and Mariano's dinner," Abuela noted.

"We will mama,"

"Good, because I was talking with Señora Guzman and well Dolores do you have something you wish to announce," she gives her nieta the spotlight.

"Thank you. He plans to propose," Dolores said with a bashful face smiling in joy.

Grabbing her husband, "Oh! FÉLIX! Our baby girl is getting married!" Pepa shouted in surprise.

With a blank expression, "It was only yesterday that I held her in my arms!!" wailed Felix as he brought his poor sons in for a hug.

"Okay Dad we get the picture," said Camilo patting his dad on the back while trying to get out.

"We have lots of plans to discuss, as well as celebrate! Let's be on our way," she said as we headed into town. "Oh Espera, Dolores have you and Mirabel finished your dress yet?" Alma asked us.

"Oh we're almost done just a few final measurements and touches," I said as she hugged us.

"Perfecta, this is so exciting my nieta's wedding. I am so proud of you Dolores," then she added. "Of all you, Pedro would be so proud," We all turn to see the picture of Abuelo as she said this.

"Now if we're all done with breakfast let's get going, La Familia Madrigal!"

"La Familia Madrigal!" we all chanted together. But then Abuela pulled me aside again. "Oh, Mira! before you leave can you head over to the jeweler and pick up my order for Dolores? I would do it myself but I have to meet with Father Pedro and speak with Señora Guzmán she's still nervous since last time," she explained.

I cringed when she mentioned that. I can understand why. Not my best moment. "Sí Abuela, you can count on me," I said. She gave me a quick hug and we went our separate ways into town.

————————————

🎶This is our home
We've got every generation
So full of music
A rhythm of its own design
This is my family
A perfect constellation
So many stars and everybody gets to shine
Whoa!
But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show, whoa!
She led us here so many years ago, whoa!
And every year our family blessings grow
There's just a lot you've simply got to know, so
Welcome to the Family Madrigal
The home of the Family Madrigal (we're on our way)
Where all the people are fantastical and magical
I'm part of the Family Madrigal

"Oh my gosh, it's them!"

"What are the gifts?" (I can't remember all the gifts!)

"But I don't know who is who"

"Alright, alright, relax"

"It is physically impossible to relax,"

"Tell us everything, what are their powers?"

"Just tell us what everyone can do!"

"And that's why coffee is still for grown-ups"

🎶My tía Pepa
Her mood affects the weather
When she's unhappy
Well, the temperature gets weird

My tío Bruno,
We can talk about Bruno!
Can see the future, and now he's reappeared.

Oh! And that's my mom, Julieta, here's her deal, whoa!
The truth is, she can heal you with a meal, whoa!
Her recipes are remedies for real
If you're impressed, imagine how I feel, Mom!

Welcome to the Family Madrigal
The home of the Family Madrigal
(Hey, coming through)
I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical
But I'm part of the Family Madrigal
Two guys fell in love with Family Madrigal
And now they're part of the Family Madrigal

So yeah, Tío Félix married Pepa and my dad married Julieta!

That's how Abuela became an Abuela Madrigal!
(Let's go, let's go!)

"We swear to always help those around us," she takes and passes a pot, "and help the miracle that somehow found us," she keeps walking. "The town keeps growing, The world keeps turning. With work and communication to keep the miracle burning. Love and dedication shall keep our family running. With each new generation, there's still a lot to be learning!" She hugs Mirabel.

"Wait, who's a sister, and who's a cousin?"

"There are so many people!"

"Who's kid is who?"

"How do you keep them all straight?"

"Okay, okay, okay, okay
So many kids in our house
So, let's turn the sound up, you know why?
I think it's time for a grandkid round up"
(Grandkid round-up)

Cousin Dolores can hear a pin drop
Camilo shapeshifts
Antonio using his gift today

My older sisters
Isabela and Luisa
One strong, one graceful
Special in every way
(Isabela)
Grows a flower, and vines so wild
(Isabela)
Each a passionate child
(Luisa! Luisa! Luisa! Luisa!)
And Luisa's super strong
With the daring and the brawn can't go wrong!

That's life in the Family Madrigal (whoa)
Now you know the Family Madrigal (whoa)
Where all the people are fantastical and magical (whoa)
That's who we are in the Family Madrigal, adiós!
Ooh (but where's Bruno's kid?)

"Ha." This is familiar. "Well, I gotta go, the life of a Madrigal,"  (whoa)

But now you all know the Family Madrigal (whoa)

I never meant this to get autobiographical (whoa)

So just to review the Family Madrigal
Let's go!
It starts with Abuela,
And then Tía Pepa, handles the weather (but what about Bruno?)
My mom Julieta can make you feel better with just one arepa! (but what about Bruno?)
My dad Agustín, well
He's accident-prone but he's swell (but what about Bruno?)

Hey, you said you wanna know what everyone does.

I got sisters and cousins and (Mirabel)
My primo Camilo won't stop until he makes you smile today! (Mirabel)
My cousin Dolores can hear this whole chorus a mile away! (Mirabel)
Look, it's Mister Mariano, hey
You can marry my prima if you wanna, (Mirabel)
Between you and me, there is no petty drama,
Yo, I've said too much, and thank you but I gotta go (Mirabel)
My family's amazing (Mirabel)
And I'm in my family, so (Mirabel!)
Well...

"What about me?" asked the one person who could make this more awkward.
I turn and see that we stopped in front of Camilo and tío Bruno who had finished entertaining the kids with the rats.

"Oh hey, Tío Bruno I was just telling the kids about the family, and well they..."

"We want to hear about your kids!"

"Yeah, where are they?"

"What can they do?"

"What are their names?"

"Can they predict the future too?"

"Oh," he said calmly but he also looked nervous. Well, this just got uncomfortable.

"Okay, guys the thing is our tío..." Camilo started to explain but was cut off.

"Oh look at the time! We have to go back home it's almost time for dinner. Let's go sobrinos," Bruno said in an urgent voice.

With that, he walked the fastest I have ever seen him. "Is he okay?" asked the kids watching the mysterious Madrigal leave.

"Yeah he'll be fine, anyway your parents are here so go on home," I said to the kids as they went to their parents. We both ran up to Bruno to see if he is okay.

"Tío Bruno, are you alright?"

"Yeah 'cause back there you looked kinda tense when those kids brought up your personal life," said Camilo.

"It's fine. I'm fine. I just can't talk about it right now. Besides, tonight is a happy night! So let's focus on the good vibes for Dolores," he said with a sad smile.

"Okay, but we're going to talk about it. Oh! I need to stop by Señora Ah-Puch's shop for Abuela. I'll catch up with you guys at the house," I said as I ran off to the shop.

"See ya, Mira,"

—————————

I arrived at the shop and opened the door but no one was there so I called out, "Señora Ah-Puch! Señora Ah!" I shout, startled by the sudden appearance of an old woman.

"Oh, Mirabel! ¿Como estás chica, how has your day been? You've grown so much," she said while cupping my cheeks. She always says stuff like that but with my family, she gets a little too close for comfort.

"Hola Señora Ah-Puch, I came here for my grandma's..." then she pulled me to the counter.

"Oh yes, yes, her order for Dolores. Here you go," she handed me a box. "Gracias," As I was about to say farewell she pulled me aside again, "By the way how is your Tío doing?"

"My tío Bruno?" I asked.

"Sí, mariposa. How has he been?"

"He's been adjusting fine since he came out of hiding."

"Good, and has he mentioned any visions lately," she asked with a raised eyebrow.
"About what?"

"Oh nothing, in particular, maybe something about the past or your other family members?" she said.

"No... nothing, he hasn't brought up anything like that. Why do you want to know about my family?" I asked starting to get curious.

"Well the poor man has been through so much and I just thought that his gift could help him fill in a piece that he has been missing?" Well, that's not hostile, it's cryptic, but she seems harmless.

"He's with his family again, and the town is not so afraid of him anymore," I said trying to assure her, "True, but is all of his family there?" She asked patting my hand.

I was confused by her question, "What do you?"

"MIRABEL!!!" I heard my name which means- "Oh! I got to go Señora Ah-Puch. I'll give tío Bruno your concerns later," I added as I headed out the door.

No P.O.V.

As Mirabel is running to the house Señora Apuch talks to her bird, "There's still so much to repair in that home."

——————

I run inside the casita seeing everyone getting the table ready for dinner. "Mirabel where we're you?" Asked my mother Julieta.

"Lo Siento Mamí, I was getting Abuela's order," I pulled the box from my bag.

"Oh gracias Mirabel," said Abuela cupping my face. "Now go place it by Dolores' dress for the final fitting okay," she asked. I gave her a thumbs up, "Got it," I said as I head upstairs.

"And wash up!"

——————

I head to my room which is similar to my room in the nursery but there is only one bed which is bigger than my old one. A work area for my sewing tools and my crafts. I stop by Dolores' dress and place the box on the table near it and as I was about to go wash up I hear a crack. 'Please don't tell me that...' I turn to see where I heard it but I saw nothing, "Probably the animals playing around, there's no way-" (crack) I heard it again and saw cracks starting to form on the walls.

"Oh no, not again come on casita we made sure you wouldn't be able to crack for at least another fifty years!" I whispered.

The cracks keep moving forward and also fading as they did. "What's wrong this time? Is someone struggling? Is my family okay? Because I thought we cleared the air with each other?" I asked while panicking, then the tiles moved me forward. "You want me to follow the cracks?" I asked and in response, they moved me again. "All right, but it has to be quick the Guzmáns are coming soon."

As I followed the cracks to where they were moving I was led to a blank door. The strange thing about this door is that it was located in a part of the house I had never been to before and that shouldn't be. I helped rebuild the house and explored the new layout. Then again Casita isn't a normal house plus there are Tío Bruno's secret passages. "What's with the secret wing Casita? Is it a surprise for soon-to-be newlyweds?" No response, so I went to open it. Inside the room was filled with picture frames and books all covered in dust. As I was about to head further. "What's in there?" Said a sweet voice full of wonder and innocence.

"Ah! Oh Antonio what are you doing here?"

"I saw you walking by and wanted to see how you are?"

Oh, bless him🥰
"Oh, you're so sweet but bad timing. Casita wanted to show me this room,"

"Why?"

"No idea, they started to crack and I was worried that she was crumbling again. Maybe there is something about this room that's causing it,"

"We'll let's go see if the rats can help," he said as Bruno's rats appeared on his shoulders. Casita lights up the candles to help us look around. As I picked up a dusty photo frame, a window blew open clearing all the dust in the room out.

I coughed, "Okay that takes care of the dust are you alright Antonio?" I asked my youngest primo.

"I'm okay. Mira, look!" he said pointing to the photo in my hand. "It's Tío Bruno and a woman," he noted "Why is she wearing a wedding dress?"

"I don't know but I think it's safe to say that this is a wedding photo," I concluded.

"But I thought tío Bruno didn't have a wife,"

"So did I. I guess she is no longer here,"

"What do you mean?"

"Huh?" What do I mean? I never even heard of this person. So what do I know? Then a book fell open in front of us and what we saw was even more shocking.

"Dios..."

"Míos!"

There was another picture of Tío Bruno and the same woman except they were holding not one, not two, but three babies which means...

"We have a lot to talk about,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

147K 3.4K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
192K 3.8K 17
Casita brings the Madrigals into a room to react to some of the songs and events from the movie. This takes place during Antonios gifting ceremony an...
1.8K 92 27
[COMPLETE] Kyran Lee finds the boy who frequents the McDonalds restaurant he works at on Main Street pretty cute. To put it simply, two high school b...
96.9K 2K 16
Ever since beloved Lisanna Strauss came back from Edolas, everyone in the guild paid more attention to her. Lucy Heartfilia was now all alone. No one...